God is in control: A Word from the Lord to those who will receive

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am still amazed how some stocks can suddenly jump by a lot in a short time.
It's people's emotions getting the better of them. It's people jumping on the bandwagon on good news and trying to get off on bad news. People often buy a stock after it's gone up a lot, driving the price up even further. They see it as a winner, want it and are wiling to pay too much for it to get it.

People are also apt to want to ditch a stock if it goes down. They're afraid it will keep going down; and if enough people panic and sell, it drives the price down even more. Greed and fear are the two big reasons for the swings.

The goal should be to buy low and sell high; but the person motivated by greed and fear often winds up buying high and selling low.

I also never buy a stock in a company that has never paid dividends. I know some start-ups do spectacularly, and I know about the "growth companies" too; but they don't interest me. They're too speculative for me.

Stocks with a high P/E ratio (price to earnings ratios) also don't interest me. Those are more apt to crash badly because so many people want to buy them the price is unrealistically high; and eventually bad news is apt to come out and they'll crash. Tesla finally made a profit -- finally -- but it's still massively overpriced. I expect to be in my grave before it pays a dividend. GM may not be as glamorous, but it looks like a bargain to me now. If I wanted to buy an auto stock, it would be GM. It may not pay a dividend this year since profits may be down; but it's a far more solid company with a more reasonable P/E of 6.8, and it pays dividends most of the time. Tesla also turns me off since I think Elon Musk is a nutcase -- he needs to stop smoking so much weed.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's people's emotions getting the better of them. It's people jumping on the bandwagon on good news and trying to get off on bad news. People often buy a stock after it's gone up a lot, driving the price up even further. They see it as a winner, want it and are wiling to pay too much for it to get it.

People are also apt to want to ditch a stock if it goes down. They're afraid it will keep going down; and if enough people panic and sell, it drives the price down even more. Greed and fear are the two big reasons for the swings.

The goal should be to buy low and sell high; but the person motivated by greed and fear often winds up buying high and selling low.

I also never buy a stock in a company that has never paid dividends. I know some start-ups do spectacularly, and I know about the "growth companies" too; but they don't interest me. They're too speculative for me.

Stocks with a high P/E ratio (price to earnings ratios) also don't interest me. Those are more apt to crash badly because so many people want to buy them the price is unrealistically high; and eventually bad news is apt to come out and they'll crash. Tesla finally made a profit -- finally -- but it's still massively overpriced. I expect to be in my grave before it pays a dividend. GM may not be as glamorous, but it looks like a bargain to me now. If I wanted to buy an auto stock, it would be GM. It may not pay a dividend this year since profits may be down; but it's a far more solid company with a more reasonable P/E of 6.8, and it pays dividends most of the time. Tesla also turns me off since I think Elon Musk is a nutcase -- he needs to stop smoking so much weed.
When Bill Clinton was president he passed a bill that would allow companies to submit their projected earnings which caused the stock market to soar.....but at the end of the year companies that didn't meet those projected earnings suffered a major stock market crash....ENRON is a prime example.

Reactions: Josho

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

But you understand the market....I don't understand it much...just enough to know that it can be very risky since it relies on the economy so much.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would invest in online companies like amazon, wayfair, even walmart has a pretty decent online business....that is the way of the future as far as shopping goes....
I think Amazon is going to get into trouble sooner or later. I'm surprised the Trump administration hasn't clamped down on them since Trump detests Bezos. Amazon is getting too big for its britches. How they're treating their employess is criminal in my book. When other businesses got shut down, Amazon's business picked up. They're selling stuff that people would have bought in smaller local stores when they re-opened. Some may not survive. And Amazon hired lots of new people to do it, crowding more people into their already crowded warehouses.

France told Amazon to quit it, to sell only essential items online; and Amazon's response was to threaten France by saying they'd shut down all operations then. That kind of nasty threat didn't go over well with the government or with workers.

We'll have to wait too to see if Trump gets what he wants with postal rates for Amazon. U.S. Postal Service reviewing delivery contracts: WashPost

I also think it a matter of time before environmentalists take on Amazon. A huge percentage of our waste in landfills can be attributed to shippers like Amazon with all the styrofoam and cardboard. I also think running trucks around to people's houses is not environmentally friendly; and their "faster" service definitely isn't. So much for Jeff Bezos: I think he's very bad for the environment, for workers - as well as not paying his share of taxes. Do you think 1.2% is right for Amazon's federal tax rate? Things will have to change now the national debt is so high. I don't think it matters too much if Trump or Biden wins when it comes to tax rates -- the rich will have to start paying more taxes.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think Amazon is going to get into trouble sooner or later. I'm surprised the Trump administration hasn't clamped down on them since Trump detests Bezos. Amazon is getting too big for its britches. How they're treating their employess is criminal in my book. When other businesses got shut down, Amazon's business picked up. They're selling stuff that people would have bought in smaller local stores when they re-opened. Some may not survive. And Amazon hired lots of new people to do it, crowding more people into their already crowded warehouses.

France told Amazon to quit it, to sell only essential items online; and Amazon's response was to threaten France by saying they'd shut down all operations then. That kind of nasty threat didn't go over well with the government or with workers.

We'll have to wait too to see if Trump gets what he wants with postal rates for Amazon. U.S. Postal Service reviewing delivery contracts: WashPost

I also think it a matter of time before environmentalists take on Amazon. A huge percentage of our waste in landfills can be attributed to shippers like Amazon with all the styrofoam and cardboard. I also think running trucks around to people's houses is not environmentally friendly; and their "faster" service definitely isn't. So much for Jeff Bezos: I think he's very bad for the environment, for workers - as well as not paying his share of taxes. Do you think 1.2% is right for Amazon's federal tax rate? Things will have to change now the national debt is so high. I don't think it matters too much if Trump or Biden wins when it comes to tax rates -- the rich will have to start paying more taxes.

I had no idea Amazon was such an evil company!:eek:

Reactions: Helen and Giuliano

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When Bill Clinton was president he passed a bill that would allow companies to submit their projected earnings which caused the stock market to soar.....but at the end of the year companies that didn't meet those projected earnings suffered a major stock market crash....ENRON is a prime example.
I remember Enron. That was the result of the deregulation done under Reagan. Enron never produced one kilowatt of electricity. It was a fly-by-night company that thought they finagle things by buying electricity from companies who produced it and selling it to customers. Only in Californa can people be so unrealistically optimistic.

Reactions: Heart2Soul

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I remember Enron. That was the result of the deregulation done under Reagan. Enron never produced one kilowatt of electricity. It was a fly-by-night company that thought they finagle things by buying electricity from companies who produced it and selling it to customers. Only in Californa can people be so unrealistically optimistic.
I thought they got busted under the Clinton administration...

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think they went bankrupt when they ran out of money and no banks would lend to them anymore.
Yes and they were giving false earnings reports and projected earnings reports in order to get people to invest in buying more stock in their company....main reason why Martha Stewart went to jail is because of insider trading and sold her stock before the market crashed. All those Enron employees lost all their retirement and savings and 401K...smh...and Bill Clinton was the one who thought the bill was a good idea to stimulate the growth of the stock market.

Reactions: Giuliano

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh heck NO!!!!! We are paying them to be in business? essentially....because it puts money in their pocket.
If these people aren't stopped, they could become more powerful than the government. If they can buy the politicians with campaign donations, they'll really be in charge.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If these people aren't stopped, they could become more powerful than the government. If they can buy the politicians with campaign donations, they'll really be in charge.
:mad: I can't stand the greed of these companies that can destroy an entire economy and nation just to make a buck.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well this was a nice chat....better get back on topic...lol

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

And that's why we should live one day at a time. :p

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You ca
Around April 15th I was in prayer interceding on behalf of the world and what was happening with the Coronavirus....This is what the Holy Spirit spoke to me back then. I shared it with a couple of members here but didn't want to publicly post it until after it had happened. However, the Holy Spirit put it on my heart to share it now.

God spoke to me and said that the virus pandemic will end SUDDENLY as He will send His Spirit to eradicate it....and it will defy every statistic and scientific study and research on it. ....He said my people have come to rely on the world too much and not on me....I am your source not the world and now my people will cry out to me to save them and they will repent and I will hear them and restore what has been stolen by the enemy. I am calling my people back to a place of holiness, of worship and of seeking me.
Put away all forms of evil and filthiness and come before me and repent and ask forgiveness and be purified and sanctified by my Holy Spirit and my Word.

It is time for my anointed to let their light shine....put it high where everyone can see it...take it out from under the table, the bush or the closet and let it shine so that all may see and be drawn to you so that the Holy Spirit may speak through you and set my captives free. Be instant in season to speak a word of hope....to have the right words spoken at the right time that will minister to those who has said I don't need God, and they will cry out to me Father, help me....and I will be their God again and heal their land.

I will shock the mainstream media and cause the economy to rebound quickly....I will do everything contrary to what man is predicting.... For I am Lord of All.

Fear has gripped the entire world but it was predicated by the reports of the media creating panic and chaos and weaponizing it for political gain.....the powers of darkness have gone to all corners of the world to bring death and destruction, fear and doubt.....as it is written in My Word: For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

Therefore, it is time for my people to come together and pray, a call to pray and repent and to turn away from your wickedness and then I will hear and I will come swiftly and undo all that has afflicted you. Arm yourselves with my Armor that I have given you, do it daily, for the weapons of your warfare are mighty through me to the pulling down of strongholds.

Restoration and healing will come to the land and you will experience one last time of grace and blessings....revival will come to my people and they will be renewed....for I will do a new thing in you....my Fire and Glory will fall and you will be strong in the power of my Spirit who is in you.

This is what I heard Him speak...and just tonight I was watching one of my favorite ministers on TV and he gave the same message as I have shared here....this is confirmation.
you can

Last edited by a moderator:

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes and they were giving false earnings reports and projected earnings reports in order to get people to invest in buying more stock in their company....main reason why Martha Stewart went to jail is because of insider trading and sold her stock before the market crashed. All those Enron employees lost all their retirement and savings and 401K...smh...and Bill Clinton was the one who thought the bill was a good idea to stimulate the growth of the stock market.
My memory of that bill is vague. I remember how Martha Stewart was targeted though; and what she did was peanuts compared to these other guys.

I'd be reluctant giving Bill Clinton blame or credit for anything. He often did deals with Republicans; and if the deals turned out good, he'd take credit. If bad, he'd blame them. Thus we could argue he paid down the national debt (a rare thing indeed), but honestly I think Republicans helped too by putting a lot of pressure on him. Enron had several connections with prominent Republicans.

Now about those Enron employees. How many of them do you think knew the company was a shabby one? I think most did but were content to go along since they were feathering their own nests.

Years ago (I think it was after the Enron disaster), I just happened to be playing in stocks. An electric company had crashed. I knew nothing about it, hadn't heard of it before (and I can't remember the name now). I did a little research. It was basically a sound company. It owned electrical plants in several countries -- meaning it could produce something on its own unlike Enron which was producing nothing. But there was this one piece of bad news, and investors were running away like it was another Enron. I didn't have much money to play with, but I bought as much as I could. It did nothing for about a year as it was catching up on the little disaster they'd had. Then they started making a profit and paying dividends again. The price of the stock doubled. I sold half of it and got back all the money I had invested and was still left with half the stock which was paying dividends. Then I got bored with the stock market for a while, sold it and got out of the market.

I think there are crooks who think they can con everyone; but God seems to have the world set up so you can (as the saying goes) fool some of the people all of the time, all the people some of the time but you can't fool all the people all the time. Pride goes before a fall; and it's pride which leads someone to think he can fool all the people all the time. Notice too that it's often bad and greedy people who take down other bad people. They are like dogs fighting to see who gets the most scraps. When God wished to chastise Israel, it was usually done by pagans. I see Satan's kingdom as divided against itself. It lacks love, and it's love that binds together. Evil is inherently unstable.

Reactions: Heart2Soul
Status
Not open for further replies.