God is in control: A Word from the Lord to those who will receive

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And how do you know that? ;)

We do serve a living God after all. :p
Yes we do. However he has sealed his word until He returns;

18 For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:

19 And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

If God audibly speaks to anyone, it would be adding to His completed revelation.....we could write rev.23

Reactions: Waiting on him

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

18 For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:

19 And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

If God audibly speaks to anyone, it would be adding to His completed revelation.....we could write rev.23
Oh my, you have already rewritten it! "This book" refers to the book of Revelation. That is a warning not to add words to the prophecy John wrote and not to remove any.

Reactions: amadeus and Josho

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

You aren't a cessationist are you?

R

Rita

How is Heart2soul taking anything away from , or adding to , the prophecy within scripture .......I think it is kind of sad that you limit the Holy Spirits ability to communicate with people in the here and now about what is going on in the world ........
Rita

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
look at the description, the grammar. Better still ask her.
I did not conclude what you did from reading it. You were reading something into it that wasn't there.

We did discuss it. She already answered the question. It seemed to me she can tell the difference between the human voices that could be described as "audible" and spiritual voices.

Reactions: Rita

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How is Heart2soul taking anything away from , or adding to , the prophecy within scripture .......I think it is kind of sad that you limit the Holy Spirits ability to communicate with people in the here and now about what is going on in the world ........
Rita
It does not say within...it says the prophecy period, which was given to the apostles and prophets as foundational;eph2
20 And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief cornerstone;

Last edited:

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
oral roberts claimed he had a 7 hour conversation with a 900ft tall Jesus.
Do you believe that?
In 1977, Roberts claimed to have had a vision from a 900-foot-tall Jesus who told him to build City of Faith Medical and Research Center, and the hospital would be a success.[33][34][35] In 1980, Roberts said he had a vision that encouraged him to continue the construction of his City of Faith Medical and Research Center in Oklahoma, which opened in 1981. At the time, it was among the largest health facilities of its kind in the world and was intended to merge prayer and medicine in the healing process. The City of Faith operated for only eight years before closing in late 1989, but the importance of treating the whole person—spirit, mind, and body—was conveyed to many medical professionals.[36][37] The Orthopedic Hospital of Oklahoma still operates on its premises. In 1983 Roberts said Jesus had appeared to him in person and commissioned him to find a cure for cancer.[38][39]

Roberts' fundraising was controversial. In January 1987, during a fundraising drive, Roberts announced to a television audience that unless he raised $8 million by that March, God would "call him home."[40][41] However, the year before on Easter he had told a gathering at the Dallas Convention Center that God had instructed him to raise the money "by the end of the year" or he would die.[42] Regardless of this new March deadline and the fact that he was still $4.5 million short of his goal,[43] some were fearful that he was referring to suicide, given the impassioned pleas and tears that accompanied his statement. Late in March 1987 while Roberts was fasting and praying in the Prayer Tower, Florida dog track owner Jerry Collins donated $1.3 million.[44][45] Highly worried from what he perceived as Roberts threatening to starve himself, Collins said, "I did it in order to save the guy from going to heaven in a hurry. It's got nothing to do with religion. I've been a Baptist and a Methodist. I believe in religion and not just the church. You have to help one another."[46] Altogether, Roberts raised a total of $9.1 million.[47] Later that year, he announced that God had raised the dead through his ministry.[48] Some of Roberts' fundraising letters were written by Gene Ewing, who headed a business writing donation letters for other evangelicals such as Don Stewart and Robert Tilton.[49]

Reactions: DNB

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I told you how I hear Him speak....it isn't audible but rather in my spirit... His voice is gentle but authoritative like a father on earth would speak.
yeah 6 years after he claimed that jesus told him each person needed to send in 144 dollars or oral roberts would die....one lump payment or 12 monthly installments, he said it was with his inner eyes, not his physical eyes,lol...he knows better now.

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rita
God seals his word. He said the Apostles would be guided into ALL TRUTH, they were.

Reactions: Waiting on him

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Are you indicating an audible voice?
Did the voice sound like your own voice?
Did you detect an accent?

Perhaps you should read about the small still voice. When God spoke to Elijah, I believe the small still voice was an audible whisper, but that's just one way, God can speak to us in many ways.

1 Kings 19:11-13

Then He said, "Go out, and stand on the mountain before the Lord." And behold the Lord passed by and a great and strong wind tore into the mountains and broke the rocks in pieces before the Lord, but the Lord was not in the wind; and after the wind was an earthquake, but the Lord was not in the earthquake; and after the earthquake a fire, but the Lord was not in the fire; and after the fire a small still voice. So it was, when Elijah heard it, that he wrapped his face in his mantle and went out and stood in the entrance of the cave. Suddenly a voice came to him, and said "What are you doing here, Elijah? "

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you believe that?
In 1977, Roberts claimed to have had a vision from a 900-foot-tall Jesus who told him to build City of Faith Medical and Research Center, and the hospital would be a success.[33][34][35] In 1980, Roberts said he had a vision that encouraged him to continue the construction of his City of Faith Medical and Research Center in Oklahoma, which opened in 1981. At the time, it was among the largest health facilities of its kind in the world and was intended to merge prayer and medicine in the healing process. The City of Faith operated for only eight years before closing in late 1989, but the importance of treating the whole person—spirit, mind, and body—was conveyed to many medical professionals.[36][37] The Orthopedic Hospital of Oklahoma still operates on its premises. In 1983 Roberts said Jesus had appeared to him in person and commissioned him to find a cure for cancer.[38][39]

Roberts' fundraising was controversial. In January 1987, during a fundraising drive, Roberts announced to a television audience that unless he raised $8 million by that March, God would "call him home."[40][41] However, the year before on Easter he had told a gathering at the Dallas Convention Center that God had instructed him to raise the money "by the end of the year" or he would die.[42] Regardless of this new March deadline and the fact that he was still $4.5 million short of his goal,[43] some were fearful that he was referring to suicide, given the impassioned pleas and tears that accompanied his statement. Late in March 1987 while Roberts was fasting and praying in the Prayer Tower, Florida dog track owner Jerry Collins donated $1.3 million.[44][45] Highly worried from what he perceived as Roberts threatening to starve himself, Collins said, "I did it in order to save the guy from going to heaven in a hurry. It's got nothing to do with religion. I've been a Baptist and a Methodist. I believe in religion and not just the church. You have to help one another."[46] Altogether, Roberts raised a total of $9.1 million.[47] Later that year, he announced that God had raised the dead through his ministry.[48] Some of Roberts' fundraising letters were written by Gene Ewing, who headed a business writing donation letters for other evangelicals such as Don Stewart and Robert Tilton.[49]
God seals his word. He said the Apostles would be guided into ALL TRUTH, they were.
That's a lie from Satan....God's Word is a Living Word and it continues to perform what is written yesterday, today and forever.
You probably have never heard Him speaking because you don't listen...and you lack faith.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you believe that?

I live 5 blocks from what was the City of Faith. I have lived in Tulsa since 1985...ORU is still thriving....Cancer Treatment Centers of America occupied the building until they built their own hospital here in Tulsa....the medical students of ORU still train in that building...the City of Faith is still a hospital...Orthopedic Surgery....the Mabee Center is still thriving...Oral Roberts was mocked and ridiculed by everyone but he got the money.
Now having said all that....what does Oral Roberts have to do with me or anyone else for that matter?

R

Rita

It does not say within...it says theprophecy period, which was given to the apostles and prophets as foundational;eph2
20 And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone;
Sorry Anthony but I tend to prefer to read scripture in context ..

Revelation 1:3 Blessed is the one who reads aloud the words of this prophecy and blessed are those who hear it
Revelation 1:11. Write on a scroll what you see and send it to the seven churches

Revelation 22: 18 I warn everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this scroll : if anyone adds anything to them ( meaning the words within this scroll ) God will add to that person the plagues described in this scroll ‘ and if anyone takes words away from the scroll of prophecy God will take away from that person any share in the book of life.....

It doesn’t use the plural when it comes to scrolls and it very much talks in context of what John has been asked to write down on this scroll and send it to the churches.
Rita

R

Rita

Also, just as an add on.......doesn’t it say in Gods word ( given your prospective Anthony ) that if my people will humble themselves and turn back to me I will heal their land ............
If you concentrate on your views, then basically you will automatically feel that the words do not apply to you because they have not come in the way you think they should.........that in itself is a dangerous game to play as you yourself may very well be ignoring Gods word .....
Rita

Status
Not open for further replies.