God is male/female

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, Jesus/God looks like a man but also has feminine qualities as do many men - not just gays. And many women also have male qualities. There was a bit of an overlap when he separated women from man. But don't forget both male and female are created in God's image, so it stands to reason.
God let me know he was a man, and he said "we are men". And I sensed a surety in his voice. He meant it to insure I wouldn't confuse myself when being harassed by Satan. Satan comes tempting and confusing people to allure them into darkness and lies about themselves and others.

While both men and women have similar forms, we are uniquely different. I don't confuse the two by using similarities. When I am, for instance, referring to being a humanoid, I say human. The word "man" and the word "woman" are reserved for the unique divisions between them that make them different.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Careful on your stereotyping. I've known some men who were indeed merciful and compassionate - and some women who were cruel and self-centered (and with a sneaky streak).
Not really stereotyping. Typically the man is not suppose to cry. And the woman shows compassion. Things of that nature. I don’t think it’s to off the rocker.
Yes, Jesus/God looks like a man but also has feminine qualities as do many men - not just gays. And many women also have male qualities. There was a bit of an overlap when he separated women from man. But don't forget both male and female are created in God's image, so it stands to reason.
God was the one who did it. Creating man and woman in his image. Many people are afraid as though God will get on to them for seeing him as the perfect masculine and perfect feminine.
It's just that we hear of so many people these days who want to be something other than what God created; men want to be women, women want to be men and gays want to marry people of the same sex. This is not what God created.
God created man and woman. It’s the soul that matters to God. People look at the flesh to much these days wouldn’t you say? God looks at the heart.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
People who are bringing Jesus into this. He was a man, but he also had feminine traits as well… unless it’s just not true.

Reactions: Pearl

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Has anyone ever consider that the Holy Spirit of Yahava which produces wisdom is feminine in nature when wrote about in the Pslams, is that important?

No one answered that question.

Reactions: Azim and Pearl

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Has anyone consider that God made Adam and Eve. Would God have both expressions of Man and woman? If that is the case, in Christian culture, should people worry if a person chooses to change their expression from what is normal? Aren’t they able to still have a heart for God and even the Lord Jesus Christ who was raised and paid for their sins already?

Many people really focus on these type of things regarding the flesh, aren’t we all more than the flesh? But souls? Created by God?

It's a good observation Matthew.

In the beginning elohim made man in their own image. First, consider that, and who/what these elohim are. Divine ones.

If "God" is the Father of all-- these divine ones, like Him are spirit, for God is spirit and spirit gives birth to spirit. The elohim are ben-elohim. Divine children (sons) of the Divine One-- Father God. And I say "sons" because He is a Father and these divine offspring come from His attributes. They are like Him having male and female "expressions" as you note.

But the images that were formed by the elohim??? They were made in their own image, but then later a female companion was made from a part of the whole. A part was taken out of the whole and separated from it and that is where we get male and female from.... it was a revision requiring the removal of a part from the whole.

And this is the answer to your question. It's an allegory of sorts, which can be used to gain a small understanding of the nature of the Father, who does not have expressions of man and woman, nor Father and Mother-- only Father. Why? -It's because this mother part, this female part of Him (the whole) was removed from Him in a spiritual sense, and though-- like Eve was separated from the whole Adam, he remained himself and complete in and of himself, there was a part taken and separated from him that became her. It is only from him and through her that offspring come. Only by the coming together, the union of these two parts that procreation occurs.

This is the story of mankind, but it all begins with the story above. God is not flesh-- flesh is not a part of Him. He is Holy God-- Father. He is spirit and His children are spirit-- from a spiritual union that produces children---- the images of which, are us.

Reactions: MatthewG

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
People who are bringing Jesus into this. He was a man, but he also had feminine traits as well… unless it’s just not true.
A user on another forum (who I think has the same handle here on CB) pointed out that in Revelation 1:13 (KJV)...

13 And in the midst of the seven candlesticks one like unto the Son of Man, clothed with a garment down to the foot, and girt about the paps with a golden girdle.

... the Greek word translated "paps" is "mastos", from which we get the word "mastectomy". Breasts or nipples. Not "stethos" ("chest", from which we get "stethoscope"). So, either the glorified Son of Man has breasts, or he wears a golden girdle around his nipples, and either way I'm uncomfortable.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Mr E

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's a good observation Matthew.

In the beginning elohim made man in their own image. First, consider that, and who/what these elohim are. Divine ones.
God is in perfect plural, demonstrating masculine and feminine in nature. His Holy Spirit is a comforter like a mother would be to her son. I still see God as my Father but realize he is a God not only shows his anger and wrath towards sin, he is also continuing to change in his love, and even frequently repents of the evil he would do on his people.
If "God" is the Father of all-- these divine ones, like Him are spirit, for God is spirit and spirit gives birth to spirit. The elohim are ben-elohim. Divine children (sons) of the Divine One-- Father God. And I say "sons" because He is a Father and these divine offspring come from His attributes. They are like Him having male and female "expressions" as you note.

But the images that were formed by the elohim??? They were made in their own image, but then later a female companion was made from a part of the whole. A part was taken out of the whole and separated from it and that is where we get male and female from.... it was a revision requiring the removal of a part from the whole.
Male and Female he created them, in the likeness of his image. A perfect representation of God in his fullness, when one becomes married. Yeshua, the Word of God and Yahavah who sent his Word reunited into one when Jesus sat with his Father on his throne becoming the Lord God Almighty.

We basically decide to marry the Lord Jesus Christ, and we become joined in union with him and the Holy Spirit of God.
And this is the answer to your question. It's an allegory of sorts, which can be used to gain a small understanding of the nature of the Father, who does not have expressions of man and woman, nor Father and Mother-- only Father. Why? -It's because this mother part, this female part of Him (the whole) was removed from Him in a spiritual sense, and though-- like Eve was separated from the whole Adam, he remained himself and complete in and of himself, there was a part taken and separated from him that became her. It is only from him and through her that offspring come. Only by the coming together, the union of these two parts that procreation occurs.
Maybe that what people miss. Some find it insulting to look into as though it’s scoffing at God, not realizing Yahavah lets us choose to decide to investigate these things or not.
This is the story of mankind, but it all begins with the story above. God is not flesh-- flesh is not a part of Him. He is Holy God-- Father. He is spirit and His children are spirit-- from a spiritual union that produces children---- the images of which, are us.
No God is not flesh. But spirit, and he is calling always to all by and through the bride and the spirit daily.

Reactions: Mr E

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A user on another forum (who I think has the same handle here on CB) pointed out that in Revelation 1:13 (KJV)...

13 And in the midst of the seven candlesticks one like unto the Son of Man, clothed with a garment down to the foot, and girt about the paps with a golden girdle.

... the Greek word translated "paps" is the "mastos", from which we get the word "mastectomy". Breasts or nipples. Not "stethos" ("chest", from which we get "stethoscope"). So, either the glorified Son of Man has breasts, or he wears a golden girdle around his nipples, and either way I'm uncomfortable.
Being married and enjoined to Christ is about the gayest thing one can do I’ve heard from a speculative source. He does bring forth rest, and the Holy Spirit brings, joy and peace.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Another user referred to Contemporary Christian music as "Jesus is my boyfriend" songs.
Don’t care about that stuff. I’m talking a persons choice to become enjoined to Christ.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Lambano

”When anyone is in Christ, it is a whole new world. The old things are gone; suddenly, everything is new!“
‭‭2 Corinthians‬ ‭5‬:‭17‬ ‭ERV‬‬

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The spirit goes way past the flesh. Gotta get out of one’s feelings sometimes, @Lambano. I’m hardly an emotional person and hardly rely on my feelings unless I’m mad as a red oxen.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The marriage metaphor is quite Biblical; see Matthew 22:1-13, Revelation 19:7-9.
Thank you, for choosing to participate. Hope you have a good day. And everyone else. Gonna go and do some work now.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
God let me know he was a man, and he said "we are men". And I sensed a surety in his voice. He meant it to insure I wouldn't confuse myself when being harassed by Satan. Satan comes tempting and confusing people to allure them into darkness and lies about themselves and others.

While both men and women have similar forms, we are uniquely different. I don't confuse the two by using similarities. When I am, for instance, referring to being a humanoid, I say human. The word "man" and the word "woman" are reserved for the unique divisions between them that make them different.
Women are made in the image of God we possess his feminine qualities. Men possess his masculine qualities. Adam possessed both masculine and female qualities as he was made in Gods image but God knew it was not good for Adam to be alone so removed the female qualities and put them into a separate being - a woman - and together a loving Godly couple - man and woman - will possess all the qualities.

Reactions: MatthewG

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Has anyone ever consider that the Holy Spirit of Yahava which produces wisdom is feminine in nature when wrote about in the Pslams, is that important?

No one answered that question.
The Hebrew word for "spirit", "ruach" is feminine, while the Greek NT equivalent "pneuma" is neuter. The pronoun would follow the gender of the noun in represents. I would conclude that the word gender is an accident of language development.

I do find it curious that "ruach" and "pneuma" can mean both "breath" and "spirit" in the two original biblical languages.

Reactions: Mr E and MatthewG

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Women are made in the image of God we possess his feminine qualities. Men possess his masculine qualities. Adam possessed both masculine and female qualities as he was made in Gods image but God knew it was not good for Adam to be alone so removed the female qualities and put them into a separate being - a woman - and together a loving Godly couple - man and woman - will possess all the qualities.
Heyyyyyyy! Excellent information! Thank you, Pearl.

Jericho

Aug 10, 2023
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Would God have both expressions of Man and woman?

Technically, God is a spirt and a spirt is neither male nor female. However, He presents Himself in the masculine form.

If that is the case, in Christian culture, should people worry if a person chooses to change their expression from what is normal?

The Bible makes a clear distinction between male and female and admonishes aginst blurring the lines (1Co 6:11-14, Deu 22:5). This agenda to destroy the sexes is a corruption of God's design.

Jesus also showed feminine traits as well, in having compassion, and mercy, such as helping people who seem his miracles even heal their own eyes.

I wouldn't classify compassion and mercy as either feminine or masculine. Anyone is capable of both.

So many today look at the flesh, though we have it, it is not really us, it’s what’s within our heart (soul) that is and always has been important.

But what we do in the body matters. Most sin revolves around what we do in the flesh.

Reactions: Mr E and Wynona

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Technically, God is a spirt and a spirt is neither male nor female. However, He presents Himself in the masculine form.
He also presents himself in the feminine form, such as mercy, loving kindness, etc.
The Bible makes a clear distinction between male and female and admonishes aginst blurring the lines (1Co 6:11-14, Deu 22:5). This agenda to destroy the sexes is a corruption of God's design.
Still doesn’t make God any less masculine or any less feminine.
I wouldn't classify compassion and mercy as either feminine or masculine. Anyone is capable of both.
Are you sure? Someone can fake compassion, and fake mercy all while behind their heart they desire to murder.
But what we do in the body matters. Most sin revolves around what we do in the flesh.
And all sins have been forgiven except the unforgivable one which is? Faithlessness.

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All people are created in the image of God. That image is the soul, which makes us in his likeness. To have expression, to have a mind, and a will of our own, just like him. That is also an expression of his love for having created them saying “it is good.” Which was the soul within the flesh they had lived in.

You've confused soul with spirit. God is spirit and it is His spirit within us that makes us a living soul.