~God of the darkness~

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
While reading your thread I was hoping you'd mention Psalms 139, and you didn't disappoint!
Just this morning I was reading that very psalm and at some unknown time at the top of the psalm where it is credited to David, I had written "for David and for me". I had to then sit and read it again carefully. God does hit us all with some of the same things at different times, doesn't He? He always knows just what we need! Praise His name!

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Is this Helen now Online? trusting you will be strengthened in the Lord's goodness.

Yes it is indeed @farouk

I just wrote an update in the Thread called " Helen /ByGrace"

Bless you so much ♥︎

Reactions: farouk

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I know that I have often quoted > "When you can't feel God's presence just ask yourself ....who moved." <

So I have asked it of myself , which I often have done over the years...
I have obviously 'moved'!!

For me the heavens are like brass right now.
I read my opening post again just now...and rolled my eyes!!!!
If what I wrote is correct ( I wouldn't have written it if I didn't believe it)
Then right now I have no clue what it is I should be learning in the darkness. Maybe ( must be) a very slow learner.

I had two hours at the spine clinic yesterday...they took all kinds of body measurements and scans. I have known over the years from seeing photo's that I tend to lean to the right a bit. ( the profile photo I straightened! )
Anyway, long story short , I go back in two and a half weeks , which is a THREE hour appointment ..and they will do the first adjustment.
My eggs are not all in this basket. I'm doing it, but I am not over hopeful.
Over a month of headaches now night and day is wearing me down somewhat.

I guess I am feeling glum because I can hardly have confidence that at 77 years old they can cause my body to break old bad habits in 8 appointments. But my family and my Doctor wants me to go , so I am going.

I know some of my glumness is the fact that I cannot in faith say-
"And I , being in the way, God lead me..."

Faith come through hearing...and I did not 'hear' this.. my older daughter wanted me to try it, so I am.

My old dad used to say, closer to the end of his life.." Well today I am neither fit for man or beast.."

That;s how I am feeling right now.

I wanted to come on here and THANK all those who have prayed and are still praying... and those who have sent messages and emails.

@Nancy and @Grailhunter ...etc and all of you , and you know who you are...THANK you so much , I do not take it lightly at all. ♥︎

Much love....H

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know that I have often quoted > "When you can't feel God's presence just ask yourself ....who moved." <

Then right now I have no clue what it is I should be learning in the darkness. Maybe ( must be) a very slow learner.

I had two hours at the spine clinic yesterday...they took all kinds of body measurements and scans. I have known over the years from seeing photo's that I tend to lean to the right a bit. ( the profile photo I straightened! )
Anyway, long story short , I go back in two and a half weeks , which is a THREE hour appointment ..and they will do the first adjustment.

I guess I am feeling glum because I can hardly have confidence that at 77 years old they can cause my body to break old bad habits in 8 appointments. But my family and my Doctor wants me to go , so I am going.

Faith come through hearing...and I did not 'hear' this.. my older daughter wanted me to try it, so I am.

My old dad used to say, closer to the end of his life.." Well today I am neither fit for man or beast.."

I wanted to come on here and THANK all those who have prayed and are still praying... and those who have sent messages and emails.

@Nancy and @Grailhunter ...etc and all of you , and you know who you are...THANK you so much , I do not take it lightly at all. ♥︎

Much love....H

Good to see you popped on here Helen,
Your post say[s you are actually human!! :eek: It is one of the toughest things to do when we are in the eye of the storm, praise and thank Him. We know He is still good and worthy of all our praise and thanks...yet...hard to get there. Look at Jonah in the belly of the big fish...he prayed to and praised God anyhow. Not so sure I would have the same attitude were I in his situation...so easy for someone else to say but, not so easy when it is us in the midst of the storm. My prayers for you are prayers of faith, what is impossible for man...so, you might have not put all your eggs in the same basket but then, with God...does it really matter? I have zero faith in man but...at the same time I know that when my car, for instance, needs repairs...I fretted my whole life about getting ripped off but, NOW I see it as if no matter how bad a mechanic, or a doctor is...God can bring it all together.
Loving and praying still and always for you! The waiting is a killer, I'm sure :( But you are a tough little cookie Helen and, know you do not give up easily!
xoxoxo

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Much love....H
Helen you have witnessed God's miracles in your life and others many times in the past. He hasn't stopped being that same God who manifested His healing powers back then and He is manifesting His power to heal even more so in these last days....I bind and rebuke that spirit od infirmity in the Name of Jesus and I declare you to be a LIAR!!!
I speak the Blood of Jesus over you, Helen!
There IS Power in the BLOOD! I give God all Glory, Power and Praise for His Word is true and every man a liar! You will be a testimony for Him when your test is complete by evidence of your healing!
I thank you again, Father for healing Helen, and I declare it done according to your Will, Amen!

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Helen you have witnessed God's miracles in your life and others many times in the past. He hasn't stopped being that same God who manifested His healing powers back then and He is manifesting His power to heal even more so in these last days....I bind and rebuke that spirit od infirmity in the Name of Jesus and I declare you to be a LIAR!!!
There IS Power in the BLOOD! I give God all Glory, Power and Praise for His Word is true and every man a liar! You will be a testimony for Him when your test is complete by evidence of your healing!
I thank you again, Father for healing Helen, and I declare it done according to your Will, Amen!

Awesome, beautiful and strong prayer H2H! Fervent and as always, effectual! As, He answers these kinds of prayers, well He answers ALL prayer, but this kind "availeth much"!!!
All in His Name,
nancy

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

AMEN!! Thank you for that...I receive it!!
Yes, I tend to forget all the times I have had such wonderful healings.
I guess I am greedy and just want this one speedily! LOL
( NOT that all of them were speedily...some I had to press through until the end )
I think ENDURANCE is the name of the game....

Thank you and bless you in Jesus name. x

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Awesome, beautiful and strong prayer H2H! Fervent and as always, effectual! As, He answers these kinds of prayers, well He answers ALL prayer, but this kind "availeth much"!!!
All in His Name,
nancy

Saying AMEN to that...agree!!!
Thanks x

Reactions: Nancy

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Good to see you Helen, even though you are still suffering I pray that your suffering will lessen.

Thanks Pat. And Dave read me your post on SiT2 where you mentioned your enduring battle a few years back with shingles. And how the word CLING jumped out to you. ( and the ANCOR holding )

I am so reminded how quickly I can forget .... ( strange use of words there!!)
- "When we can see His face , trust His heart. "

Today I am dwelling there....

Last edited:

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks Pat. And Dave read me your post on SiT2 where you mentioned your enduring battle a few years back with shingles. And how the word CLING jumped out to you. ( and the ANCOR holding )

I am so reminded how quickly I can forget .... ( strange use of words there!!)
- "When we can see His face , trust His heart. "

Today I an dwelling there....
I do believe that whatever we are going through God will always give us something to cling to that will help us to keep afloat.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
AMEN!! Thank you for that...I receive it!!
Yes, I tend to forget all the times I have had such wonderful healings.
I guess I am greedy and just want this one speedily! LOL
( NOT that all of them were speedily...some I had to press through until the end )
I think ENDURANCE is the name of the game....

Thank you and bless you in Jesus name. x
When we are actually in the belly of the fish and cannot see or hear what is happening very well. That is when we really need the prayers of others who for the moment are seeing or hearing some things that we cannot.

When my pastor's wife was in those last two months of life in her earthen vessel, she was in extreme pain all of the time, and many people were coming to visit her for the doctors declared her terminal. People came to lift her up and encourage her. What actually happened was that they all left encouraged and rejoicing in the Lord because of her Spirit so readily perceived by everyone as it overflowed from her.

In the worst of those last days, she never lost her vision of Him and so in spite of the pain and what we would think to be anguish she was always ready to meet people and be a witness for Him with all that she had and if He called her home... a witness for that as well. Her testimonies that I personally heard and saw in her last few years with us were extraordinary and miraculous. But that very last time which really was her last period of time, she knew it and she was ready. She was 90 years old.

Her only concern was for her husband who was 87 at time. He had always leaned heavily on her [66 years of marriage] and she knew it. Instead of being concerned for her own pain and suffering, she was worried about what would happen to him when she was gone. This was the one request that she made to me and my wife as she lay on her death bed... to care for the man she had to leave here. This was the selflessness of Christ manifesting in her. She had to leave her job of caring for her other half. Her selfless attitude was what each of us with God's help needs to encounter.

Whether we continue on for while longer, or not, is in His hands and we need to be able to leave it there. Hezekiah type prayers can hurt us at the end more than the pain of our decayed and sick physical bodies. Keep your trust always in Him for what He has for you next...

Last edited:

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
When we are actually in the belly of the fish and cannot see or hear what is happening very well. That is when we really need the prayers of others who for the moment are seeing or hearing some things that we cannot.

When my pastor's wife was in those last two months of life in her earthen vessel, she was in extreme pain all of the time, and many people were coming to visit her for the doctors declared her terminal. People came to lift her up and encourage her. What actually happened was that they all left encouraged and rejoicing in the Lord because of her Spirit so readily perceived by everyone as it overflowed from her.

In the worst of those last days, she never lost her vision of Him and so in spite of the pain and what we would think to be anguish she was always ready to meet people and be a witness for Him with all that she had and if He called her home... a witness for that as well. Her testimonies that I personally heard and saw in her last few years with us were extraordinary and miraculous. But that very last time which really was her last period of time, she knew it and she was ready. She was 90 years old.

Her only concern was for her husband who was 87 at time. He had always leaned heavily on him [66 years of marriage] and she knew it. Instead of being concerned for her own pain and suffering, she was worried about what would happen to him when she was gone. This was the one request that she made to me and my wife as she lay on her death bed... to care for the man she had to leave here. This was the selflessness of Christ manifesting in her. She had to leave her job of caring for her other half. Her selfless attitude was what each of us with God's help needs to encounter.

Whether we continue on for while longer, or not, is in His hands and we need to be able to leave it there. Hezekiah type prayers can hurt us at the end more than the pain of our decayed and sick physical bodies. Keep your trust always in Him for what He has for you next...

Thank you John...lovely post :)

Reactions: amadeus