God Offers All the Free Gift of Salvation!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Quoting the words of the Lord Jesus, John 6 stresses both divine sovereignty and human responsibility.
The biggest mistake of Calvinists has been to substitute sovereignty for grace. We do not read about the Gospel of Sovereignty but we do read about the Gospel of Grace.

But none of these things move me, neither count I my life dear unto myself, so that I might finish my course with joy, and the ministry, which I have received of the Lord Jesus, to testify the Gospel of the grace of God. (Acts 20:24)

And this Gospel of Grace requires obedience to the Gospel.
Testifying both to the Jews, and also to the Greeks, repentance toward God, and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ. (Acts 20:21)

Both repentance and faith are conscious choices, acts and decisions.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
The biggest mistake of Calvinists has been to substitute sovereignty for grace. We do not read about the Gospel of Sovereignty but we do read about the Gospel of Grace.

But none of these things move me, neither count I my life dear unto myself, so that I might finish my course with joy, and the ministry, which I have received of the Lord Jesus, to testify the Gospel of the grace of God. (Acts 20:24)

And this Gospel of Grace requires obedience to the Gospel.
Testifying both to the Jews, and also to the Greeks, repentance toward God, and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ. (Acts 20:21)

Both repentance and faith are conscious choices, acts and decisions.
They are not the works of the flesh, though; Ephesians 2 seems very clear about this, when grace intervenes in the lives of those who are 'dead in trespasses and sins'.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
They are not the works of the flesh, though; Ephesians 2 seems very clear about this, when grace intervenes in the lives of those who are 'dead in trespasses and sins'.
Who is talking about "works of the flesh"? There you go off on a tangent because you are unwilling to accept plain Bible truth. We all know what the works of the flesh are vs the fruit of the Spirit, but that is not the subject under discussion.

Repentance and faith are not works of the flesh as you presumptuously state. They are the essential conditions of salvation, and if you were saved, you had to obey the Gospel just like everyone else. You had to consciously turn from your sins and idols, and consciously turn to God and Christ for salvation. And if you deny that then you cannot claim to be saved.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Who is talking about "works of the flesh"? There you go off on a tangent because you are unwilling to accept plain Bible truth. We all know what the works of the flesh are vs the fruit of the Spirit, but that is not the subject under discussion.

Repentance and faith are not works of the flesh as you presumptuously state. They are the essential conditions of salvation, and if you were saved, you had to obey the Gospel just like everyone else. You had to consciously turn from your sins and idols, and consciously turn to God and Christ for salvation. And if you deny that then you cannot claim to be saved.
I stated the opposite; I gave attribution to the grace of God. :)

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So you are saying that if He knows that someone would reject the gospel message, He doesn't bother to reveal it to them.

The gospel has already been revealed.
It is written.
It is preached.
It is talked about in general conversation.

However, I know that there are people that I have witnessed to that continue to reject the gospel message.

Then they have heard, and elected to NOT continue hearing, NOT read, NOT put for an effort, but made an election to reject.

Are you saying that if they have heard the message, they will receive it inevitably in due time?

All will have heard.
All will have made their choice.
At Judgement Day, all who Rejected the Lord "WILL SEE the Lord', and the unbelieving will THEN Believe and Bow to Him...
But they SHALL NOT be saved.

Glory to God,
Taken

Last edited:

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I stated the opposite; I gave attribution to the grace of God. :)
You simply dodged the issue. We all know that salvation is purely and strictly by the grace of God. But that is not what we were discussing. Did you repent and believe on the Lord Jesus Christ or not? And if so, then you had to do something, make a decision, make a choice, respond to the Gospel.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God OFFERS All the Free Gift of Salvation.
OP

Yes,
thee Lord God OFFERS All the Free Gift of Salvation.

And,
It goes a bit deeper than the Offering;

Meaning,
Yes the Gift is Offered;

But ALSO the Gift IS "RESERVED" for EVERY SINGLE PERSON.

Akin to the Lord having Prepared the Gift of Salvation, Attached Every Single persons Name to THE GIFT;

Meaning,
The GIFT "IS THEIRS".

And the CAVEAT, IS, Every single person WHO Wants to RECEIVE "THEIR GIFT",

MUST, CLAIM their Gift.

And those WHO "do not", CLAIM their GIFT;
LOSE THEIR GIFT.

(Some teach a man can claim and receive his gift and "THEN" "lose their gift".
That is False)

They Lose their Gift, Because they Fail to claim and Receive their Gift.

Glory to God,
Taken

Reactions: marks
D

Dave L

People have nothing to do with their damnation or salvation. They only respond to the existence God assigned them to. Those in Adam remain locked in sin and death. Those in Christ eventually come from a state of death to remain locked in holiness. Those who believe in Christ are those whom God assigned to a life of holiness.