God Offers All the Free Gift of Salvation!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

D

Dave L

You have been taking this saying OUT OF CONTEXT ever since you came on board. Do you even know what He meant and what He did not mean?????
It's a spiritual kingdom where Jesus presently reigns on David's throne in heavenly Jerusalem above. Notice, it arrived with Jesus.
“But if I cast out demons by the finger of God, then the kingdom of God has already overtaken you.” (Luke 11:20)

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's a spiritual kingdom where Jesus presently reigns on David's throne in heavenly Jerusalem above. Notice, it arrived with Jesus.
“But if I cast out demons by the finger of God, then the kingdom of God has already overtaken you.” (Luke 11:20)

Heavenly Jerusalem? Prove it.

D

Dave L

Heavenly Jerusalem? Prove it.
“But ye are come unto mount Sion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels, To the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect,” (Hebrews 12:22–23)

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
It's a spiritual kingdom where Jesus presently reigns on David's throne in heavenly Jerusalem above.
You have not said a word about what happens AFTER the Second Coming of Christ. THAT IS A HUGE GAP IN YOUR THEOLOGY.

D

Dave L

You have not said a word about what happens AFTER the Second Coming of Christ. THAT IS A HUGE GAP IN YOUR THEOLOGY.
The resurrection, followed by the rapture, accompanied by the resurrection of the damned and judgement, the passing away of the universe in fire, the creation of the New Heavens and Earth, the transfer of heaven into the New Heavens and Earth where Jesus rules forever.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“But ye are come unto mount Sion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels, To the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect,” (Hebrews 12:22–23)

Try reading the whole chapter. It does not say what you are claiming.

Notice it says the church is written in heaven, not present in heaven.

God will live with us in the new Jerusalem in eternity, but he is not there yet.

Hebrews is written to the Jews, not gentiles.
Hebrews 1 New International Version (NIV)
God’s Final Word: His Son
1 In the past God spoke to our ancestors through the prophets at many times and in various ways, 2 but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed heir of all things, and through whom also he made the universe. 3 The Son is the radiance of God’s glory and the exact representation of his being, sustaining all things by his powerful word. After he had provided purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty in heaven. 4 So he became as much superior to the angels as the name he has inherited is superior to theirs.

Side note here, it says he set down at the right hand of the father on the throne of God.

That could not have been in the New Jerusalem because the new Jerusalem was not prepared until Christ ascended. Yet the throne of God is mentioned many times before the resurrection.

Hebrews has a lot of prophecy in it.

D

Dave L

Try reading the whole chapter. It does not say what you are claiming.

Notice it says the church is written in heaven, not present in heaven.

God will live with us in the new Jerusalem in eternity, but he is not there yet.

Hebrews is written to the Jews, not gentiles.
Hebrews 1 New International Version (NIV)
God’s Final Word: His Son
1 In the past God spoke to our ancestors through the prophets at many times and in various ways, 2 but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed heir of all things, and through whom also he made the universe. 3 The Son is the radiance of God’s glory and the exact representation of his being, sustaining all things by his powerful word. After he had provided purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty in heaven. 4 So he became as much superior to the angels as the name he has inherited is superior to theirs.

Side note here, it says he set down at the right hand of the father on the throne of God.

That could not have been in the New Jerusalem because the new Jerusalem was not prepared until Christ ascended. Yet the throne of God is mentioned many times before the resurrection.

Hebrews has a lot of prophecy in it.
“Therefore [David] being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne; He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption.” (Acts 2:30–31)

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The resurrection, followed by the rapture, accompanied by the resurrection of the damned and judgement, the passing away of the universe in fire, the creation of the New Heavens and Earth, the transfer of heaven into the New Heavens and Earth where Jesus rules forever.

The Bible says new heaven, not new heavens.

This is a restoration to the condition before the war in heaven between Genesis 1:1 and Genesis 1:2.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“Therefore [David] being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne; He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption.” (Acts 2:30–31)

Christ sits on the throne of David at the second coming.
Matthew 25
31 “When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, he will sit on his glorious throne. 32 All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate the people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. 33 He will put the sheep on his right and the goats on his left.

D

Dave L

Christ sits on the throne of David at the second coming.
Matthew 25
31 “When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, he will sit on his glorious throne. 32 All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate the people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. 33 He will put the sheep on his right and the goats on his left.
This is at the end of the world.

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
GOD OFFERS THE FREE GIFT OF SALVATION TO ALL WHO WILL TRUST IN JESUS! Who would reject such a free gift?? Romans 1:16 - "For I am not ashamed of the Gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.
For you have been saved by (God's) grace through faith (in Christ);
and this did not come from you - it is God's gift.
Nor did it come from what you have done, lest anyone should boast.

Ephesians 2:8-9

That is where the conundrum lies. He is not willing that any will perish but because of his foreknowledge, he does not offer salvation to all as he knows who will accept it and who will reject it.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is where the conundrum lies. He is not willing that any will perish but because of his foreknowledge, he does not offer salvation to all as he knows who will accept it and who will reject it.
So you are saying that if He knows that someone would reject the gospel message, He doesn't bother to reveal it to them.

However, I know that there are people that I have witnessed to that continue to reject the gospel message. Are you saying that if they have heard the message, they will receive it inevitably in due time?

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
...he does not offer salvation to all as he knows who will accept it and who will reject it.
This statement goes against the whole tenor of the Bible and the Gospel. Therefore it is completely false.

God does indeed offer salvation to all, and he gives everyone many opportunities to repent and be converted. Of course He knows who will believe and who will not, but that does not change the fact that He offers salvation to all.

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
This statement goes against the whole tenor of the Bible and the Gospel. Therefore it is completely false.

God does indeed offer salvation to all, and he gives everyone many opportunities to repent and be converted. Of course He knows who will believe and who will not, but that does not change the fact that He offers salvation to all.

Debatable depending whether you are Calvinist or an Armenian. I studied this aspect of things at Bible College and it produced rigorous debate when we lined up and waited for meals. No one said the other person's belief was completely false. I guess it showed we welcomed a challenge to our beliefs as a means of strengthening what we did believe.

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
So you are saying that if He knows that someone would reject the gospel message, He doesn't bother to reveal it to them.

However, I know that there are people that I have witnessed to that continue to reject the gospel message. Are you saying that if they have heard the message, they will receive it inevitably in due time?

What I am saying is what I said in my last post.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Debatable depending whether you are Calvinist or an Armenian. I studied this aspect of things at Bible College and it produced rigorous debate when we lined up and waited for meals. No one said the other person's belief was completely false. I guess it showed we welcomed a challenge to our beliefs as a means of strengthening what we did believe.
Quoting the words of the Lord Jesus, John 6 stresses both divine sovereignty and human responsibility.

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Quoting the words of the Lord Jesus, John 6 stresses both divine sovereignty and human responsibility.

That chapter messes things up for both sides of the argument and supports both sides of the argument. Which is what is determined by our understanding of free will and God's sovereignty.