God wants to save Christians too. --- Say what?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you read Epi’s post. You will see he has a following.. This use likes almost all of his posts.. so I doubt it is him
It makes sense to me. Just whip up another account, and follow yourself. I've noticed there are a coupla accounts here who have very very close followers who agree with whatever they say.

Last edited:

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It makes sense to me. Just whip up another account, and follow yourself. I've noticed there are a coupla accounts her who have very very close followers who agree with whatever they say.
You may be right.. But he has had a following wherever he goes.. Maybe thats how he works?

Mikey-for-sure

Jul 6, 2023
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Sorry, this sentence doesn't make sense to me.
why are believers so hard to save?

Believers are saved, in that passage. Especially.

Of course that passage has been cited often to sustain universal Salvation doctrine. I E. Jesus saved everyone no matter what or who.
Hello Blessed, hope you don't mind but I think I will piggyback off your post which was rightly divided.

Consider the 4 names of the Messiah (Isaiah 9:6)- God-like Hero, Wonderful Counseller, Father of Eternity, Prince of Peace - all names are the most literal translation to avoid the moderator's politically correct angsts. If you consider the four, only one name requires belief. That is Father of Eternity. The other 3 just needs eyes to see and ears to hear.

ps still gathering gumption on the cliff notes. Cheers.

Reactions: BlessedPeace

Azim

Sep 25, 2020
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Quote unquote: "Wow! Thank-you for sharing this!" Beautiful testimony.

"Epi is a Joshua or Caleb, (one of the 2 spies out of 10 that believed God), Epi is the one leper out of the 10 who went back to God AFTER he was healed to give glory to God, Epi is the good Samaritan... Epi is on God's radar and that's something! That's everything!!!"

Yesterday, when I was looking up verses related to "following God", most of them had to do with Joshua and Caleb. Four of them reference Caleb.

Numbers 14:23-24
23 Surely they shall not see the land which I sware unto their fathers, neither shall any of them that provoked me see it:
24 But my servant Caleb, because he had another spirit with him, and hath followed me fully, him will I bring into the land whereinto he went; and his seed shall possess it.

Numbers 32:12
12 Save Caleb the son of Jephunneh the Kenezite, and Joshua the son of Nun: for they have wholly followed the Lord.

Deuteronomy 1:36
36 Save Caleb the son of Jephunneh; he shall see it, and to him will I give the land that he hath trodden upon, and to his children, because he hath wholly followed the Lord.

Joshua 14:8, 9, 14
8 Nevertheless my brethren that went up with me made the heart of the people melt: but I wholly followed the Lord my God.
9 And Moses sware on that day, saying, Surely the land whereon thy feet have trodden shall be thine inheritance, and thy children's for ever, because thou hast wholly followed the Lord my God.
14 Hebron therefore became the inheritance of Caleb the son of Jephunneh the Kenezite unto this day, because that he wholly followed the Lord God of Israel.

Laurina

Feb 28, 2023
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
:rolleyes:

It disappeared for a reason. I doubt uyou would like the reason.
(Sorry for my delay in answering, I had more company.) I have not yet caught up in the thread, I have pages to read....

I wasn't given any reason, it just disappeared. It had wonderful spiritual insight, perhaps too wonderful, not meant for the masses. Maybe it needed to come with a warning like: For spiritual eyes only!

Matthew 13: 15-17
15 For this people's heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.

16 But blessed are your eyes, for they see: and your ears, for they hear.

17 For verily I say unto you, That many prophets and righteous men have desired to see those things which ye see, and have not seen them; and to hear those things which ye hear, and have not heard them.

Whatever the reason, the admins had theirs and God has His!! And I love the Lord all the more because, "For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways," declares the LORD. As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts” (Isaiah 55:8-9).

and,

Isaiah 55:11
"So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it."

I am not sure what going back helps in determining what born again means

My purpose in going back is to draw attention to both the flesh and the spirit. Because this is a Christian site and this is the Spirituality forum of this site, I would think that most here have been born again...the only thing that is debatable about that is the definition of "born again". How much attention would you give someone that keeps declaring to you that they were physically born? Oh, but they may not have had a "regular" birth (whatever that could mean :contemplate: ;))...maybe they were "untimely plucked from their mother's womb". My point is, let's move on from birthday talk be it as miraculous as it is (hallelujah, praise God, we are and will be forever grateful!!), and mature into the kingdom walk.

Matt. 6:33
"But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you."

Sorry. my time is precious and limited, I need to go... I'll be back as time permits!

--a humble seeker

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
(Sorry for my delay in answering, I had more company.) I have not yet caught up in the thread, I have pages to read....

I wasn't given any reason, it just disappeared. It had wonderful spiritual insight, perhaps too wonderful, not meant for the masses. Maybe it needed to come with a warning like: For spiritual eyes only!
Actually quote the opposite.

That is why it was deleted and another thread was locked.
15 For this people's heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.

17 For verily I say unto you, That many prophets and righteous men have desired to see those things which ye see, and have not seen them; and to hear those things which ye hear, and have not heard them.
If you only knew
Whatever the reason, the admins had theirs and God has His!! And I love the Lord all the more because, "For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways," declares the LORD. As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts” (Isaiah 55:8-9).

and,

Isaiah 55:11
"So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it."
Then you would think you would want to see Gods truth. Not the ramblings of som man..
My purpose in going back is to draw attention to both the flesh and the spirit. Because this is a Christian site and this is the Spirituality forum of this site, I would think that most here have been born again...the only thing that is debatable about that is the definition of "born again". How much attention would you give someone that keeps declaring to you that they were physically born? Oh, but they may not have had a "regular" birth (whatever that could mean :contemplate: ;))...maybe they were "untimely plucked from their mother's womb". My point is, let's move on from birthday talk be it as miraculous as it is (hallelujah, praise God, we are and will be forever grateful!!), and mature into the kingdom walk.

Matt. 6:33
"But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you."

Sorry. my time is precious and limited, I need to go... I'll be back as time permits!

--a humble seeker
Born again is a requirment,,

Jesus said you must. He did not say you might.

And he also said those born again will never perish.. it seems people want to ignore this little fact

faithfulness

Aug 13, 2018
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
might you stand by and stone him or hold the cloak of others who do so?
Just now caught this most convicting statement! Haven't held back the naysayers, but it doesn't mean my heart hasn't grieved.
You'll have heard of Epi talking about scale or balances. Proverbs 11:1 says, "Dishonest scales are an abomination to the LORD, But a just weight is His delight." It's about how we weigh or balance things. We would be wise to make sure we are working with or in the right scale
If I might add, I was glad to read your remarks above because this was an area that struck me personally from Episkopos' words about balance; including finding out what He likes, what He approves and what He delights in to honour Him and 'adopting the Divine balance':

"Be careful to not breakdown God's ways into something we already understand and agree with. If we do that then we haven't progressed at all. We're definitely not on the road to the full stature of Christ. We remain stuck in our own carnal mindset. We remain jailed. But Jesus calls us from that jail. He calls us into Liberty--the Liberty of the Spirit--and that Liberty is according to it says, "My people perish for a lack of knowledge". We need knowledge, we need wisdom and we need understanding. These are the things that brings us into Divine balance. The Toshia wisdom that sees both sides of the coin at the same time that is able to navigate through the difficulties of discerning what is going on in the world and what's going on with ourselves and not sinning and not heaping up judgment against ourselves for it."

• Love
Reactions: Laurina and Azim

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually quote the opposite.

That is why it was deleted and another thread was locked.

If you only knew

Then you would think you would want to see Gods truth. Not the ramblings of som man..

Born again is a requirment,,

Jesus said you must. He did not say you might.

And he also said those born again will never perish.. it seems people want to ignore this little fact
Many have not yet been born again and thus they have no idea of what it means to have been born again .
Every WORD inspired by GOD is for our good . would be embraced upon the heart .
They who are born again BELIEVE JESUS CHRIST , believe what the apostles wrote .
Did you know that there is a difference in BELIEVING and believing .
TRUE FAITH , TRUE BELIEF FOR SURE confesses JESUS CHRIST by mouth believing GOD rose HIM from the dead .
But there is a belief that is not true . For many claim to believe IN JESUS CHRIST
yet dont BELEIVE JESUS CHRIST .
Many cliam to believe in GOD , in CHRIST and yet dont beleive GOD OR CHRIST .
There is a faith that is not real , there is a belief that is not real . TRUE FAITH and TRUE BELIEF
would not DENY HIM . It would obey HIM from the heart .
Many might try and cliam Jesus is the Christ , WHICH IS TRUE . OH IT ISTRUE .
and yet they sure dont seem to TREAT HIM as THOUGH HE was THE CHRIST . THEY dont really BELIEVE ALL THINGS HE DID SAY .
THEY PICK and THEY CHOSE . which is a proof indeed SOMETHING is not RIGHT .
IF WE SAY and CLAIM JESUS IS LORD , IS CHRIST , then how come we dont TREAT HIM as though HE IS OUR LORD and CHRIST .
Bask in the simple truth of that for a while my dear friend .
Many say OH YES JESUS IS THE WORD OFGOD and GOD IS HIS WORD . WHICH IS TRUE
and yet they sure dont seem to really THINK HE BE cause they be so fast to twist HIS sayings .
IF WE BELEIVE IN HIM then we would have BELEIVED HIM .
JESUS once told the jews WHO CLAIMED TO BELIEVE MOSES ,
IF YA REALLY HAD BELIEVED MOSES , YE REALLY WOULD HAVE BELIEVED ME cause HE WROTE OF ME .
SEE the difference yet . MANY holler we beleive in ............only they sure dont seem to be BELIEVING what HE SAID . NOT A GOOD SIGN .

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just now caught this most convicting statement! Haven't held back the naysayers, but it doesn't mean my heart hasn't grieved.
Interesting, I read it again and could not find her saying this..

Would I stone him? No. I am not a religion nor do I follow a religion. Jesus said he came to save, not to judge..

I would do what I continue to do and in love expose to him why I can not believe his way, and expose his sins.
If I might add, I was glad to read your remarks above because this was an area that struck me personally from Episkopos' words about balance; including finding out what He likes, what He approves and what He delights in to honour Him and 'adopting the Divine balance':

"Be careful to not breakdown God's ways into something we already understand and agree with. If we do that then we haven't progressed at all. We're definitely not on the road to the full stature of Christ. We remain stuck in our own carnal mindset. We remain jailed. But Jesus calls us from that jail. He calls us into Liberty--the Liberty of the Spirit--and that Liberty is according to it says, "My people perish for a lack of knowledge". We need knowledge, we need wisdom and we need understanding. These are the things that brings us into Divine balance. The Toshia wisdom that sees both sides of the coin at the same time that is able to navigate through the difficulties of discerning what is going on in the world and what's going on with ourselves and not sinning and not heaping up judgment against ourselves for it."
Will you call out to him to be born again?

Azim

Sep 25, 2020
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Jesus' quote of Isaiah was a big stumbling block when I first read it several times. I guess because it has to be read with spiritual eyes?

John 3:10-12
10 “You are Israel’s teacher,” said Jesus, “and do you not understand these things? 11 Very truly I tell you, we speak of what we know, and we testify to what we have seen, but still you people do not accept our testimony. 12 I have spoken to you of earthly things and you do not believe; how then will you believe if I speak of heavenly things?

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus' quote of Isaiah was a big stumbling block when I first read it several times. I guess because it has to be read with spiritual eyes?

John 3:10-12
10 “You are Israel’s teacher,” said Jesus, “and do you not understand these things? 11 Very truly I tell you, we speak of what we know, and we testify to what we have seen, but still you people do not accept our testimony. 12 I have spoken to you of earthly things and you do not believe; how then will you believe if I speak of heavenly things?
great then

can you explain what Jesus said after this and why?

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Which verses exactly? I'm not a bible teacher, just a student. So I'll do my best.
What did he say after the verses you posted? When jesus told him about the heavenly things that make one born again

John 3: 13 - 18
No one has ascended to heaven but He who came down from heaven, that is, the Son of Man who is in heaven.14 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of Man be lifted up, 15 that whoever believes in Him should [c]not perish but have eternal life. 16 For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.17 For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved.

18 “He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

Reactions: Azim

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Azim
Best to read John 3: 13 -18 in light of this scripture below. IMHO
Salvation hangs on the acts of two men. The two Adams.
Christ is known as the second Adam.
(one righteous act in verse18/the obedience of the one in verse19)

Romans 5:18-19 NIV
Consequently, just as one trespass resulted in condemnation for all people,
so also one righteous act resulted in justification and life for all people.
19 For just as through the disobedience of the one man the many were made sinners,
so also through the obedience of the one man the many will be made righteous.

Reactions: Azim