God wants to save Christians too. --- Say what?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is why we labor and strive, because we have put our hope in the living God,
who is the Savior of all people, and especially of those who believe. - 1 Timothy 4:10 NIV

So, this says: God is the Savior of all people, and... that will include "believers". Very good news.
His salvation of all will include "believers". As a subset of all.

So, why are believers so hard to save? They are trapped in a religious mindset. IMHO

Come on, do you really believe that EVERYONE who calls themselves "Christian" will be saved?
Will you be saved because you belong to this or that church? Or by your stellar works portfolio?
Get real!

Agree or disagree?
Let's discuss. Thanks.

@Patrick1966

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
That is why we labor and strive, because we have put our hope in the living God,
who is the Savior of all people, and especially of those who believe. - 1 Timothy 4:10 NIV

So, this says: God is the Savior of all people, and... that will include "believers". Very good news.

Very good. Believers are called to rule with Christ...not just be saved. Many are called, but few are chosen. In a wedding feast there are many more guests than brides. (Always a bridesmaid, never a bride? ):rolleyes:
So, why are believers so hard to save? They are trapped in a religious mindset. IMHO

In MHO also. The most stubborn form of outer man, is the religious one who has been indoctrinated into thinking he is safe from judgment...sort of like king Agag who thought the bitterness of death was past...just before being cut into pieces by Samuel.
Come on, do you really believe that EVERYONE who calls themselves "Christian" will be saved?
Will you be saved because you belong to this or that church? Or by your stellar works portfolio?
Get real!

Agree or disagree?
Let's discuss. Thanks.

@Patrick1966
Discussion pre-supposes that enough people care to question their certainties. More like..care to attack? ;)

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

Get real!

Agree or disagree?
Let's discuss. Thanks.

@Patrick1966
Going to church won't save you. Reading a bible won't save you. Doing good deeds won't save you. Being brought up in a Christian home won't save you. Believing in God won't save you. Although all these things are good, of themselves they won't save you. The only way to be saved is to repent and seek God's forgiveness for your sin and turning your life over to Jesus.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Going to church won't save you. Reading a bible won't save you. Doing good deeds won't save you. Being brought up in a Christian home won't save you. Believing in God won't save you. Although all these things are good, of themselves they won't save you. The only way to be saved is to repent and seek God's forgiveness for your sin and turning your life over to Jesus.
And never assume that because you are seeking something, that that seeking justifies you. Staying humble and unassuming is the secret to salvation. What we think has no value. We only get in the way.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And never assume that because you are seeking something, that that seeking justifies you. Staying humble and unassuming is the secret to salvation. What we think has no value. We only get in the way.
Mt 6:33But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you.
When is it, if ever, that we should stop seeking? When is it then that God will stop adding things to us?
What is our limit?
What is God's limit?

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Mt 6:33But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you.
When is it, if ever, that we should stop seeking? When is it then that God will stop adding things to us?
What is our limit?
What is God's limit?
To seek is good. To humbly seek is better. :)

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To seek is good. To humbly seek is better. :)
Amen!

Where is it that one starts each day and each moment? For me I have found the answer in the lowest room. Not surprisingly I guess, some disagree saying that means something else. Perhaps it does, but to me it means a place to begin and to allow God one more time to hopefully lift me up higher:

Lu 14:10But when thou art bidden, go and sit down in the lowest room; that when he that bade thee cometh, he may say unto thee, Friend, go up higher: then shalt thou have worship in the presence of them that sit at meat with thee.
Lu 14:11For whosoever exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Get real!

Agree or disagree?
Let's discuss. Thanks.

@Patrick1966
Who says believers are hard to save?

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
St. SteVen said :
In MHO also. The most stubborn form of outer man, is the religious one who has been indoctrinated into thinking he is safe from judgment...sort of like king Agag who thought the bitterness of death was past...just before being cut into pieces by Samuel.
Right. Reminds me of this verse.

Matthew 21:31 NIV
Jesus said to them, “Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes
are entering the kingdom of God ahead of you.

Last edited:

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Get real!

Agree or disagree?
Let's discuss. Thanks.

@Patrick1966
this makes no sens. a true believer is saved.

so why does he need to be saved?

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Good question.

A "true" believer? What does that mean?
Those in your religious tribe?

In this scripture, "those who believe" are a subset of "all people". (who are saved)

1 Timothy 4:10 NIV
who is the Savior of all people, and especially of those who believe.

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Good question. His/her position is that eventually, God will save every person who ever lived. Accordingly, those who don't make the first cut, are placed in a "rehabilitation" camp until they "see" the wickedness of their ways. If that ain't torture, I don't know what is.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I had forgotten about this topic. I was alerted to some reactions.

What is a "true" believer?
IMHO, a true believer is one who is justified upon conversion, it frees the believer from penalty ofm sin.
Then I see sanctification that frees us from the POWER of sin, and I see this as being progressive.
And, ultimately, true Christians will become glorified just as Jesus was! It frees the believer from the "presence" of sin forever, amen!

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
IMHO, a true believer is one who is justified upon conversion, it frees the believer from penalty ofm sin.
Then I see sanctification that frees us from the POWER of sin, and I see this as being progressive.
And, ultimately, true Christians will become glorified just as Jesus was! It frees the believer from the "presence" of sin forever, amen!
That's good thanks.
I usually see the term from posters differentiating themselves from those they have petty doctrinal disagreements with
by claiming those with their own personal opinions are "true" believers. Which I usually question.
Looks like that is where this discussion left off.

From the OP:
"Come on, do you really believe that EVERYONE who calls themselves "Christian" will be saved?
Get real!"

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you have the same reaction that I do to the term "true" believer?
It's like... as opposed to what?

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you have the same reaction that I do to the term "true" believer?
It's like... as opposed to what?
As opposed to a pew warmer who thinks if they sit in a church once a week they will somehow become a believer. Many false Christians out there, I personally know quite a few, and I myself was one in the past.

Azim

Sep 25, 2020
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I had forgotten about this topic. I was alerted to some reactions.

What is a "true" believer? (see post #11)
I think it was because of me, as I was looking through this thread earlier, lol.

To your question, can someone who believes in a "prosperity Jesus" be a true believer? Is that what you are getting at?

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think it was because of me, as I was looking through this thread earlier, lol.

To your question, can someone who believes in a "prosperity Jesus" be a true believer? Is that what you are getting at?
The question that comes to my mind for a person seemingly in a losing position, is whether or that person is growing toward God? If the answer really is, yes, then God may be pleased as He was pleased with some OT people who fell short of what God would apparently expect from a person ultimately.

For example, consider David, the king who had wives rather than one wife.
Mt 19:4And he answered and said unto them, Have ye not read, that he which made them at the beginning made them male and female,
Mt 19:5And said, For this cause shall a man leave father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife: and they twain shall be one flesh?

Why was David then called the apple of God's eye and a man after God's own heart? Reading his history filled with errors or sins we see yet that the man was learning by his mistakes. He was repenting as he recognized his errors.
Trying to weigh all of these things in any other person should make it clearer to us as to why Jesus said:

Mt 7:1Judge not, that ye be not judged.
Mt 7:2For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.
Jesus also said:

Lu 12:48But he that knew not, and did commit things worthy of stripes, shall be beaten with few stripes. For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required: and to whom men have committed much, of him they will ask the more.

These things considered, I am certainly not qualified to finally judge any man. I do not know all of the facts and if I did could I correctly assess them and come up with God's answer?

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As opposed to a pew warmer who thinks if they sit in a church once a week they will somehow become a believer. Many false Christians out there, I personally know quite a few, and I myself was one in the past.
That makes sense. I agree.
But I'm guessing you wouldn't "throw someone under the bus" over a minor doctrinal difference? (like UR) - LOL