God was Husband to His People + Jesus is Husband to God's People = Jesus is God

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Does this argument convince you Jesus is God? Why not?

• No (I will explain why I reject your Scriptural argument).

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sounds convincing, but I'm still uncertain.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God was "Husband" to His People Jeremiah 31:32.
Jesus is "Husband" to God's People Revelation 19:7.
Jesus is God--only God relates to God's People as "Husband".
No one but God has the right to stand in God's place.
The place of "Husband" is reserved for God.

Objection :
"His People" changed, thus God has ceased relating to His People as their Husband--He remains their God, their Savior, their Father, their Master, but He has delegated his Husband role to His Son.

Answer :
Untrue, since the very same term is utilized in denouncing both the unfaithfulness of God's Old Covenant People and that of New Testament People against God : "adultery" (marital unfaithfulness). In both cases, there is adultery and it is being committed against God.

Ezekiel 16
32Adulterous wife, who receives strangers instead of her husband!

James 4
4You adulterers! Don’t you realize that friendship with the world makes you an enemy of God? I say it again: If you want to be a friend of the world, you make yourself an enemy of God.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Then he answered and spake unto me, saying, This is the word of the LORD unto Zerubbabel, saying, Not by might, nor by power, but by my spirit, saith the LORD of hosts" Zech 4:6

"But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you." John 14:26

"I have planted, Apollos watered; but God gave the increase.
So then neither is he that planteth any thing, neither he that watereth; but God that giveth the increase." I Cor 3:6-7

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Then he answered and spake unto me, saying, This is the word of the LORD unto Zerubbabel, saying, Not by might, nor by power, but by my spirit, saith the LORD of hosts" Zech 4:6

"But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you." John 14:26

So then neither is he that planteth any thing, neither he that watereth; but God that giveth the increase." I Cor 3:6-7
Thanks. I may need clarification on how this response is related to the OP.

Reactions: amadeus

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks. I may need clarification on how this response is related to the OP.
Sorry but I was unable to cast a vote on your poll as none of your responses fit where I am. So I posted verses indicating where I hope to get my answers to any questions which for me need answering. Sometimes God may use arguments as men present them with scriptures, but sometimes it is just me and Him via the Holy Spirit. We need to be hearing His voice in any case.

Reactions: GracePeace

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry but I was unable to cast a vote on your poll as none of your responses fit where I am. So I posted verses indicating where I hope to get my answers to any questions which for me need answering. Sometimes God may use arguments as men present them with scriptures, but sometimes it is just me and Him via the Holy Spirit. We need to be hearing His voice in any case.
The poll relates to the OP--you have to have first read the OP to have responded to the poll.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The poll relates to the OP--you have to have first read the OP to have responded to the poll.
Yes, and I read the OP and I have reread it now. Perhaps tomorrow I will read it again. My head does strange things at times and my heart...? Perhaps tomorrow?

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, and I read the OP and I have reread it now. Perhaps tomorrow I will read it again. My head does strange things at times and my heart...? Perhaps tomorrow?
1. May I recommend Shilajit? My Grandma took a couple and immediately heard her heart beating strong (her doctors said it was weak). It's called "Mover of Mountains" and is Ayurveda's #1 intervention. I looked for the best quality/best buy and I'm convinced Dragon Herbs Himalayan Shilajit is it so I use it.
2. Excellent!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1. May I recommend Shilajit? My Grandma took a couple and immediately heard her heart beating strong (her doctors said it was weak). It's called "Mover of Mountains" and is Ayurveda's #1 intervention. I looked for the best quality/best buy and I'm convinced Dragon Herbs Himalayan Shilajit is it so I use it.
2. Excellent!
Thanks for the recommendation, but I was not talking about the physical muscle beating in my chest, but rather a more spiritual thing. I am 77, but have no serious heart issues in that way. My trouble in that area is only with the pacemaker. I have had an artificial one since 2004 which generally keeps things moving at the proper pace. I still cannot run any more but I am OK with that LOL.

My reference to your thread and the OP was to the way I discern, or not, the things of God. Now it is late in the day for me to be focusing much. I am a morning person especially as that is when I really put some closet time in with Him... Perhaps tomorrow I can explain it better [or not].

Give God the glory!

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks for the recommendation, but I was not talking about the physical muscle beating in my chest, but rather a more spiritual thing. I am 77, but have no serious heart issues in that way. My trouble in that area is only with the pacemaker. I have had an artificial one since 2004 which generally keeps things moving at the proper pace. I still cannot run any more but I am OK with that LOL.

My reference to your thread and the OP was to the way I discern, or not, the things of God. Now it is late in the day for me to be focusing much. I am a morning person especially as that is when I really put some closet time in with Him... Perhaps tomorrow I can explain it better [or not].

Give God the glory!
Excellent!

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Taodeching Are you serious? You said you don't think? LOL
I only included that option as a joke thinking no one would admit to it.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I guess you were looking for a basis to discuss just who Jesus is. Is he God or just a special man called and used by almighty God to accomplish His purpose? Without a revelation from God, how would anyone know? People believe, but who knows?

You provided this:

God was "Husband" to His People Jeremiah 31:32.
Jesus is "Husband" to God's People Revelation 19:7.
Jesus is God--only God relates to God's People as "Husband".
No one but God has the right to stand in God's place.
The place of "Husband" is reserved for God.

Objection :
"His People" changed, thus God has ceased relating to His People as their Husband--He remains their God, their Savior, their Father, their Master, but He has delegated his Husband role to His Son.

Answer :
Untrue, since the very same term is utilized in denouncing both the unfaithfulness of God's Old Covenant People and that of New Testament People against God : "adultery" (marital unfaithfulness). In both cases, there is adultery and it is being committed against God.

Ezekiel 16
32Adulterous wife, who receives strangers instead of her husband!

James 4
4You adulterers! Don’t you realize that friendship with the world makes you an enemy of God? I say it again: If you want to be a friend of the world, you make yourself an enemy of God.

And I responded with this which is what came to my mind and was reading and considering all of it.

God is the one, the One, who gives any increase which ultimately matters. People can attend Bible colleges or seminaries and study the scriptures themselves for a lifetime and still not receive an increase about this thing. People in both "camps" can love God, I believe, and be drawn toward Him in spite of their differences because of their hearts.

At one time what you already believe or are seeking on this was one of those things I was seeking, but is it included in this?

"But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you." Matt 6:33

Is it to be included in the "all of these things"? God knows and does in this. Do my goals matter if they not precisely in line with His? Can a Unitarian belief or a Oneness Jesus only belief or a Trinitarian belief be issue in our final conclusion with or for God? Is it so important? To some people it is and to them how they deal with it will make a difference. Is God look at that "how" rather than in which one the person sides with?

My answer in post #2 was my answer, even though I might lean toward this or that or the other view with regard to who Jesus really is.

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I guess you were looking for a basis to discuss just who Jesus is. Is he God or just a special man called and used by almighty God to accomplish His purpose? Without a revelation from God, how would anyone know? People believe, but who knows?

You provided this:

And I responded with this which is what came to my mind and was reading and considering all of it.

God is the one, the One, who gives any increase which ultimately matters. People can attend Bible colleges or seminaries and study the scriptures themselves for a lifetime and still not receive an increase about this thing. People in both "camps" can love God, I believe, and be drawn toward Him in spite of their differences because of their hearts.

At one time what you already believe or are seeking on this was one of those things I was seeking, but is it included in this?

"But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you." Matt 6:33

Is it to be included in the "all of these things"? God knows and does in this. Do my goals matter if they not precisely in line with His? Can a Unitarian belief or a Oneness Jesus only belief or a Trinitarian belief be issue in our final conclusion with or for God? Is it so important? To some people it is and to them how they deal with it will make a difference. Is God look at that "how" rather than in which one the person sides with?

My answer in post #2 was my answer, even though I might lean toward this or that or the other view with regard to who Jesus really is.
I was looking to provide a solid argument to help people on both sides end the debate--whether people on either side can love God (I hold they can) is neither here nor there.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was looking to provide a solid argument to help people on both sides end the debate--whether people on either side can love God (I hold they can) is neither here nor there.
This is a good way to handle it. I like to see that. I presumed, in error, that you, like so many, intended to take one side or the other. Some do it with the best of intentions, but some people have agendas that concern me. Give God the glory my friend!

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is a good way to handle it. I like to see that. I presumed, in error, that you, like so many, intended to take one side or the other. Some do it with the best of intentions, but some people have agendas that concern me. Give God the glory my friend!
I absolutely take one side! lol! I do see both sides can love and know God though. Thanks!