God's ***audible*** gift

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bellgamin

Aug 25, 2018
Ewa Beach, Hawaii
www.biblebell.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This pandemic has cast a shadow of gloom across the world. We have found vaccines to heal people physically but there is also a soul sickness that has also become pandemic, due to lockdown, job losses, loss of loved ones, isolation, protests, etc. This soul sickness has affected all of us, to one extent or another. God gave us a oft-overlooked cure for soul sickness. That cure is God's invention of ... music. God made it nigh on impossible to stay gloomy in the presence of happy, bouncy music -- the kind of music that ukuleles bring to life (yep, I play ukulele).

Physically, we all have an involuntary, God-given reaction to music with a good beat. Our pulses speed up a bit -- REALLY they do. Our feet start tapping, our shoulders move with the rhythm, & a smile comes on our faces.

I have 2 illustrations. They are videos, linked below. ==>Please do me a favor: listen to these videos with _headphones_.

The first illustration is "dramatized." Even so, this dramatized video is very much true to life with respect to our God-given physical & emotional reactions to music-with-a-beat. Music-with-a-beat awakens us to see light on a dark day, wipes the scowls off our faces, & helps us see how attractive the world & the people around us really are -- when music rolls the clouds away. By the way, don't get confused -- the video starts out like a newscast in a diner but ----- STAY tuned. (^_^)

The second video is an actual street scene in Galway Ireland. It takes place on a crowded downtown street. The *sudden* singing & dancing are pre-arranged, but the downtown scene & its people are NOT pre-arranged. Notice the bored, distracted faces of the people on the street, then see what happens to them when music-with-a-beat suddenly happens. Music-with-a-beat is God's cure for loneliness, apartness, boredom, & sadness. Watch & see.

And that's why I play ukulele --- maybe you should, too. Hmmm... here are some slightly different words to an easy newbie melody that most of us already know:

When the nights are dark and long,
In my heart God puts a song.
Telling me in words so clear,
"Play Me music, I am near."

CHORUS: Yes, Jesus loves me,
Yes, Jesus loves me,
Yes, Jesus loves me,
The Bible tells me so.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
We have found vaccines to heal people physically...
With all due respect that is a highly misleading and incorrect statement.

1. The coronavirus "vaccines" are NOT vaccines. Genuine vaccines have the actual virus in attenuated form. These INJECTIONS are very dangerous lethal cocktails of biological, chemical, and nano-technological materials.

2. They were given "emergency use authorization" (EUA) by the FDA when there was NO emergency. This is because the actual treatments which are cheap and effective, such as ivermectin and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) were DELIBERATELY sabotaged to increase COVID deaths.

3. The deaths from these cocktail injections have exceeded 17,000 (just in America and Europe, since others are not even tracking them) and the adverse effects have exceeded 1 million. No previous vaccine has ever has such a serious negative impact. And no one knows what may happen later on to the vaccinated guinea pigs.

4. Vaccines are NOT for healing (as Franklin Graham recently stated incorrectly, and you too have stated). Genuine vaccines are meant to immunize people against viral infections. But these bogus vaccines have not produced any immunity, and people have contracted coronavirus infections after taking these shots.

5. The attempt to "vaccinate" babies, children, and young people is nothing short of "crimes against humanity". This is the professional opinion of doctors in Canada and the USA. These age groups are not at risk.

6. These bogus vaccines cannot be mandated, since they do not have full FDA approval. Indeed some "vaccines" have been banned totally by several European countries. And now even villagers in India are violently opposing these dangerous vaccinations.

7. You will get none of this information from the mainstream media, whose specialty is to lie and deceive the public about everything. They are still trying to prop up Anthony Fauci, when he should have already been arrested and prosecuted for medical fraud and mass murders.

bellgamin

Aug 25, 2018
Ewa Beach, Hawaii
www.biblebell.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Enoch111 -- No offense taken, bro. May God bless & keep you.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Does God understand Russian? Of course He does! Whether or not YOU folks do, put on thy headphones & give a listen to this Russian version of "When the Roll Is Called Up Yonder"....

Life is a mirror
Frown & it frowns back
Smile & it returns the greeting.

Last edited:
Reactions: amadeus

bellgamin

Aug 25, 2018
Ewa Beach, Hawaii
www.biblebell.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, of course God understands Russian. But how about Spanish? Mandarin? Tagalog? Farsi? Hebrew? Nihon-go? Klingon? Does He understand? Yes yes yes!

Watch & listen to our brothers and sisters sing to God, each in their own language. These are our brethren of all colors, all races, all tongues, all nations (NOTE A) -- all ONE in Christ Jesus!
NOTE A-- In the video, notice that our brethren in some nations had to have their faces blurred beyond recognition. How sad. You know why, right? Two points: (1) Praise God, we shall see their faces in Heaven! (2) Pray to God that Christian faces shall never have to be blurred in YOUR nation.
...I looked, and behold, a great multitude which no one could number,
of ALL nations, tribes, peoples, and tongues,
standing before the throne and before the Lamb
(Rev 7.9)

Sing to God a new song.
Play music skillfully with a shout of joy!
(Ps 33.2-3)

Last edited:

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, of course God understands Russian. But how about Spanish? Mandarin? Tagalog? Farsi? Hebrew? Nihon-go? Klingon? Does He understand? Yes yes yes!

Welcome to the Forum. :)

I enjoyed the "interests" listed on your Profile page. Good to see you have a joyful spirit about you, and I'm sure the ukulele helps, Lol. This place can sometimes take it out of you, so just set aside the bad and retain the good.

We actually have a thread for Hispanic/International worship, in case you were interested:
Hispanic Worship!

God bless, and welcome once again. The more joy the better.
- H

Reactions: bellgamin

bellgamin

Aug 25, 2018
Ewa Beach, Hawaii
www.biblebell.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Hidden In Him -- Thanks to the nth for your kind encouragement. I need all I can get. So do we all.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This thread is about God's invention of that amazing "soul medicine" that we call music.

It's interesting that the triune God invented music based on triune major chords & triune minor chords. To Wit:
C major is 3 notes (C E G). The triunity of C E G is ONE chord -- Cmaj.
C minor is 3 notes (C D# G). The triunity of C D# G is ONE chord -- Cmin.
NOTE: There is NO perfect analogy for God's triune nature. Music merely shares a tiny bit of God's image, as do we all.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In previous posts above, we've heard lots of good singing from folks all over the world. Happy music is all we have heard so far, but what about the FLIP-SIDE of happy? What about sad? Yes, in this here world, there are waaaay too many folks who are saddened by being greatly disabled -- either physically or emotionally or financially or all 3. Do disabled folks sing? Well, here's one fella that does. You may have heard some of his songs. His name is Bradley Walker.

Bradley was born in 1978. Right out of his mother's womb, he had muscular dystrophy, a horribly debilitating disease. No running and playing or swimming at the beach or Little League or ANY of that stuff when he was a kid. Not then. Not now. Sad fact is, Bradley has been in a wheelchair all 43 years of his life-to-date.

Despite his physical disability, Bradley has several gifts -- friends who love & admire him, good looks, intelligence, charisma, a good job with a good income, and an exceptionally lovely basso-baritone voice. Watch him & hear him. As you listen, please pay close attention to the words of the song he is singing. The song he sings is a full-on prayer -- not a praise song -- a prayer. I have often heard that song sung by other great singers but, sung by Bradley, it had me goose-bumped & silently praising God the whole time. Maybe you, too?

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's interesting that the triune God invented music based on triune major chords & triune minor chords. To Wit:
C major is 3 notes (C E G). The triunity of C E G is ONE chord -- Cmaj.
C minor is 3 notes (C D# G). The triunity of C D# G is ONE chord -- Cmin.
NOTE: There is NO perfect analogy for God's triune nature. Music merely shares a tiny bit of God's image, as do we all.

That IS very interesting...

I have always known that music was designed to reflect and demonstrate the harmony that exists in God's kingdom, and among His creations during worship. But it had not yet dawned on me that the basis of every chord is three notes. It's insightful.
In previous posts above, we've heard lots of good singing from folks all over the world. Happy music is all we have heard so far, but what about the FLIP-SIDE of happy? What about sad? Yes, in this here world, there are waaaay too many folks who are saddened by being greatly disabled -- either physically or emotionally or financially or all 3. Do disabled folks sing? Well, here's one fella that does. You may have heard some of his songs. His name is Bradley Walker.

Bradley was born in 1978. Right out of his mother's womb, he had muscular dystrophy, a horribly debilitating disease. No running and playing or swimming at the beach or Little League or ANY of that stuff when he was a kid. Not then. Not now. Sad fact is, Bradley has been in a wheelchair all 43 years of his life-to-date.

Despite his physical disability, Bradley has several gifts -- friends who love & admire him, good looks, intelligence, charisma, a good job with a good income, and an exceptionally lovely basso-baritone voice. Watch him & hear him. As you listen, please pay close attention to the words of the song he is singing. The song he sings is a full-on prayer -- not a praise song -- a prayer. I have often heard that song sung by other great singers but, sung by Bradley, it had me goose-bumped & silently praising God the whole time. Maybe you, too?

Listened to your song. I have to admit I'm not the biggest country guy, but praise God for those who when they could manifest sadness instead turn their grief to Joy through the Spirit of God within them.

Thanks for sharing about the basis of all chords being three notes. That's kinda amazing. :)