God's Character Defined By A Three Letter Word

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If they are good and perfect, and we are commanded to be good and perfect "even as your Father in heaven is perfect", then why condemn those who advocate obedience to God-commanded laws of behavior that reflects what is "good and perfect"?

I also do not find anyone claiming to HATE the law.

And IN CONTEXT, if one is a JEW, they are the ONLY ones that WERE "under" the LAW.

Gentiles were NOT.

There was a SMALL window of time Jesus was on earth.....FULFILLING the LAW.

During that SMALL window to time...

Some Jews were being Introduced to Jesus and Accepting Jesus, as their Messiah and Accepting Him as having Fulfilled "their" Law.

Gentiles were Being Introduced to Jesus, the Son....and at the SAME time being Introduced to God, the Father, who had SET forth the Laws for the Hebrews/Jews.

For the MOST part AFTER Jesus ascended, the 12 Apostles carried on Jesus' WORK, of Introducing the Jews to Jesus, their Messiah.

And the TREND, of Jews teaching Jews, drifted OFF, and the majority of Jews, RETURNED TO BEING Understand the LAW.

The ONE Apostle, Sent out to preach PRIMARILY to Gentiles...ie PAUL...if you think about it, had the most DIFFICULT of assignment....and Scripture even mentions it would be Difficult....but LOOK at how Paul's effort has Flourished, regarding the Gentiles.
The Thousands who have Converted, in the last 2,000+ years.

GOOD and PERFECT...

Can NEVER be accomplished WITHOUT God.

GOOD and PERFECT...

IS according to GODS understanding of what He dictates GOOD and PERFECT means...
(Not according to mankind).

GOOD and PERFECT according to GOD...
IS THAT,
A MAN, ACCEPTS To Believe and Trust and Submit TO WHAT God HAS "revealed" FOR A man TO Believe, Trust and Submit TO.

1) OT men were TOLD, and AGREED to Believe, Trust & Submit to God.
(Some did some didn't)

^ Those that DID, and now dead and buried, ARE called "saints". Gods People, Gods ISRAEL.

^ They ARE according to God, GOOD and PERFECT.

(According to SOME MEN, "those ^^ men had too many "faults" to be CALLED Good and Perfect....quoting violations of laws, particularly. <--- irrelevant. Laws never made a man good or perfect.)

2) NT men were TOLD, to Believe, Trust, & Submit to God AND Christ Jesus.
(Some agree to, Some do not).

Of the SOME men WHO...Believe, Trust & Submit to God AND Christ Jesus...
They ARE Accounted "BY" (according to) GOD, as GOOD AND PERFECTED.

^^ and according to some OTHER men, such men ARE NOT GOOD or PERFECTED, citing, the behavior of such men, as not being UP to Gods Standard/Principles.

God DID NOT MAKE GOOD, or PERFECT a mans BEHAVIOR. God MADE GOOD and PERFECTED a mans SOUL and SPIRIT.

The BEHAVIOR of a man IS COMPLETELY another thing, as is the BEHAVIOR of a man between one man and another.

BEHAVIORS of men between men,
have to do;
With statutes, a man must keep? No.
With laws, a man must keep? No.
With commands, a man must keep? No

Well WHAT? Gods PRECEPTS.
A Precept is acceptable behavior between men.
The World may dictate Precepts, for what the World says IS Acceptable, between men.
(Like for example "alternative life-styles...
Good and Perfectably Acceptable, according TO the World)

Gods PRECEPTS, are according to God, and revealed IN Scripture.

They ARE Gods Teachings of WHAT He says is Acceptable TO HIM....
FOR WHAT?

TO receive Salvation? No
To receive A Quickened Spirit? No
To receive Forgiveness for not having believed in Him? No

Then FOR WHAT, would a man follow Gods Precepts?

1) It Glorifies God.
2) It creates a harmony Among men...friend or foe.
3) A Harmony Among men...friend or foe, establishes, a Benefit, for a man, to NOT be in conflict with another man.

Are these PRECEPTS "required" for a man TO FOLLOW....that the man MUST follow them?

No.

Is there a consequence FOR NOT following Gods PRECEPTS?

Yes.
1) you are not glorifying God...
2) you are not storing treasures in Heaven, that ARE treasures stored for a man WHO DOES Glorify God.
3) you have conflict with other men (family, friends, co-workers, foes, strangers)
4) the conflict you "stir up", "YOU" have to deal with the consequences....the other; (family, friends, co-workers, foes, strangers, DISH OUT TOWARD YOU.)

Concerning the LAW, of God, His 10 Commandments...
Nine ARE repeated in the New Testament.

(THE EXCEPTION is concerning the SABBATH)

MEN, in the OT, COULD NOT in the Strictest sense KEEP adherence TO:
The 10 Commandments
The 600+ Mosaic Laws.

The WHY IS Simple...Those Laws and Commandments, REQUIRED the willpower, of a human man, to KEEP them.

Now CONSIDER, A MAN, "Converted IN Christ".....

Same man, Same WILL Power? No.
New Creature, New WILL POWER...Gods Holy Spirit Within the Man.

Now CONSIDER, A MAN, "Converted IN Christ....

Still SUBJECT TO....Gods 10 Commandments, as Listed, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9? (Void the Sabbath, as it does not appear in the NT)

No. A man IN Christ is Subject TO Christ.
And WHAT DID Christ say about the Ten Commandments?

All condensed into TWO Commands...
(Paraphrased)
1) Love the Lord your Gods above all other things.
2) Love your neighbor (friend or enemy).

Can YOU DO THAT? Love God above all other things....the Easy one. But Love people you do not like? An enemy?

Yes, that CAN and IS accomplished, BECAUSE it is NOT by "your" will power, but rather effected BY the WILL POWER of GODS SPIRIT within a Converted man. <----
----> a GOOD and PERFECTED man, According to Gods acceptance and understanding.

A man WHO has become "good and perfected" according TO GOD, is one WHO HAS believed, trusted, submitted and accepted God, and Christ Jesus, and receive His Baptism of His Holy Spirit.

It is an established and everylasting relationship between one man and
Thee Lord God Almighty.

The relationship AMONG men, (Precepts) is taught, and most beneficial for men to follow, and a burden (of consequences of men) the individual man has to deal with should he elect to not follow Gods Precepts.

Nothing NEW. Precepts were given the Hebrews/Jews and woven into their laws.

Precepts were reiterated in Jesus' teachings, without consideration of the "laws".

The Laws, Jesus Fulfilled.
The Precepts, are a mans options. To a mans benefit, but still his option.

Neh 9
[14] And madest known unto them thy holy sabbath, and commandedst them precepts, statutes, and laws, by the hand of Moses thy servant:

And should man NOT follow the precepts...

Gal 6
[5] For every man shall bear his own burden.

Glory to God,
Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Come to the point! What are you afraid of? Say it straight, When Jesus said, "If ye love Me, keep My commandments" He was talking about, among other things, "the Sabbath", "the Seventh Day (of the week) Sabbath of the LORD GOD". WHY DON'T YOU?!

Please quote a Scripture whereby Jesus Commanded Gentiles to KEEP the "Sabbath"?

IOW, the Sabbath was never a LAW "given" to Gentiles to KEEP. How are they required to "KEEP" something Never given them?

Happy New Year,
Glory to God,
Taken

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
No never will find me in church, what has Christ got to do with a harlot... besides what have I got to prove, its by faith we please God, if that is not enough for you, that is your problem...

Disgusting... "The Body of Christ's Own, holding to the Head, of Sabbaths' feast eating and drinking of Christ the Substance and Nourishment ministered", you, call "'a harlot'"! You of all people, whom no one "'will find in church ever'", "'proved'", "because JESUS had given them rest...", "'Christ has nothing to do with'" "...the People of God for (whom) a Sabbath-Day-of-rest remains obligatory"! And you call that "'faith by (which) we please God'"! Incredible!

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Grace (a five letter word) gives us the means of obeying God's law. We are able to love others because His love is in us. Love fulfills the law.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Come to the point! What are you afraid of? Say it straight, When Jesus said, "If ye love Me, keep My commandments" He was talking about, among other things, "the Sabbath", "the Seventh Day (of the week) Sabbath of the LORD GOD". WHY DON'T YOU?!
How can I be afraid of anything, if I was as terrified of being beaten to death for breaking the law as you are, would we all not be doing our darndest like you to keep it by the flesh, such it teh doctrens of men an theer religions, we can only serve one master you have three, so which is it, your religion the law or Jesus.???

I thought you dindt want me to talk yo you anymore???

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Disgusting... "The Body of Christ's Own, holding to the Head, of Sabbaths' feast eating and drinking of Christ the Substance and Nourishment ministered", you, call "'a harlot'"! You of all people, whom no one "'will find in church ever'", "'proved'", "because JESUS had given them rest...", "'Christ has nothing to do with'" "...the People of God for (whom) a Sabbath-Day-of-rest remains obligatory"! And you call that "'faith by (which) we please God'"! Incredible!
And here we see offense in al its ugliness,

Act 7:47 But Solomon built him an house.
Act 7:48 Howbeit the most High dwelleth not in temples made with hands; as saith the prophet,
Act 7:49 Heaven is my throne, and earth is my footstool: what house will ye build me? saith the Lord: or what is the place of my rest?
Act 7:50 Hath not my hand made all these things?
Act 7:51 Ye stiffnecked and uncircumcised in heart and ears, ye do always resist the Holy Ghost: as your fathers did, so do ye.

go serve your religion as you must, bow down to your idol and teh men you place between you and God ,and all its doctrines, it is your choosing..

Mat 20:25 But Jesus called them unto him, and said, Ye know that the princes of the Gentiles exercise dominion over them, and they that are great exercise authority upon them.
Mat 20:26 But it shall not be so among you: but whosoever will be great among you, let him be your minister;

Reactions: amadeus

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If that is so, then why did Jesus fulfill those 10 commandments? Thus making them void by comparison?
"Fulfill" doesn't mean "make void". By your logic, when Jesus told John, "Suffer it (you baptizing Me) to be so, for it becomes us to fulfill all righteousness", all righteousness would disappear after Jesus came up out of the water.

"Fulfill" means to "fill full" as in "fully meet that which is demanded", whether a bushel, a barrel, or an obligation.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Fulfill" doesn't mean "make void". By your logic, when Jesus told John, "Suffer it (you baptizing Me) to be so, for it becomes us to fulfill all righteousness", all righteousness would disappear after Jesus came up out of the water.

"Fulfill" means to "fill full" as in "fully meet that which is demanded", whether a bushel, a barrel, or an obligation.
If that is so, then why did Jesus fulfill those 10 commandments? Thus making them void by comparison?

Because the 10 Commandments were not part of Mosaic law.

Think of them as a preamble something like the preamble to the Constitution. Important but not part of the Constitution.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't think anyone is condemning those who advocate following the letter of the law. It seems to me the opposite more often happens, and those who understand the spirit of the law (against which there IS no law) are the ones condemned by those who follow the letter of the law...

The letter says do not murder. The spirit says you have already murdered if you have anger in your heart. So the letter is not perfect, the spirit is perfect. You can follow the letter but be gross and have dead mans bones inside, continually breaking the law in spirit through anger, impatiences and inner fury at others. This is the inside and outside of the cup that Jesus spoke of.

Man judges the outside of another man but God, who sees the heart and its every thought and intent, judges correctly.
Suggest those who don't keep God's law are lost and watch the horns, fangs, and claws sprout. This guy smashes it to bits and calls is a "dragon".

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I asked you before and you did not answer, which law? Law of conscience or Mosaic law? Or some other law?
Ask yourself which laws we are free to disregard and which we are not, and you'll have your answer.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I also do not find anyone claiming to HATE the law.
"If ye love Me, keep My commandments" implies that those who break God's commandments don't love Him.

Since what is said about God's character is the same said about the Ten Commandments, by extension those who do not keep the Ten Commandments hate BOTH God and His law.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Suggest those who don't keep God's law are lost and watch the horns, fangs, and claws sprout. This guy smashes it to bits and calls is a "dragon".

even more, suggest to those who DO keep God's law outwardly that they are lost and do not even know God or His law, and they will crucify you.

Reactions: farouk

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"If ye love Me, keep My commandments" implies that those who break God's commandments don't love Him.

Since what is said about God's character is the same said about the Ten Commandments, by extension those who do not keep the Ten Commandments hate BOTH God and His law.
king David broke God's commands. He placed a man in place in war so that he would be killed so he could have the man's wife. So he coveted, he murdered, he committed adultery. And he hid it even from himself and was so we d eceived that God sent a man to question him. David answered the man's question that a certain man deserved death, which condemned he himself, for doing the same thing. Did king David love God?

Reactions: amadeus

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
king David broke God's commands. He placed a man in place in war so that he would be killed so he could have the man's wife. So he coveted, he murdered, he committed adultery. And he hid it even from himself and was so we d eceived that God sent a man to question him. David answered the man's question that a certain man deserved death, which condemned he himself, for doing the same thing. Did king David love God?
Psalm 51 is a strong expression of his repentance over these events.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Jesus has saved us from that useless way of life that is all lies. He wants us to walk in the truth. If the truth is that I murdered my mother in my heart this morning when she made herself eggs and then left her mess for me to clean, then I can either walk in the truth and admit my murder or I can hide it from others and even myself. Walking in the truth is much better.It makes me cry to God for the help I need rather than live that useless life, deceiving others and being deceived myself.
Thoughtful post.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
even more, suggest to those who DO keep God's law outwardly that they are lost and do not even know God or His law, and they will crucify you.
He talks of claws and fangs, yet they come out every time he Speaketh... you cant argue against mens idols, they bring death and men love them...

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not really. What we do is what the people in the Bible did - tirelessly warn those who refuse to obey God of the rude awakening that awaits those who will hear Jesus say to them "I never knew you". It's the antinomianists that will try to censure or disfellowship you because "you're preaching hate speech".

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, for a time his love for God turned to love for self. Thankfully, the Good Shepherd leaves the 99 seek the 1 and David was restored into a loving relationship with God. To Him be the glory!