God's Character Defined By A Three Letter Word

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't think we are at liberty to disregard "Thou shalt have no other gods before Me." Do you? Can we sacrifice goats and chickens to Beelzebub and still go to heaven?

During the age of the Gentiles we are not. But in the OT and in the coming new covenant to the houses of Judah and Israel, it will be mandatory in the MK Stone Temple.

Recording the 10 Commandments which are not part of Mosaic law.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't think anybody who is a Christian ever hates the law.
It only appears that way because churches are filled with so many people who only render lip service and not heart service.

Force them to choose between death or bowing to the golden image, praying to the earthly king, or confessing that the wafer the papist holds out in front of their face while they kneel with bound hands is actually the "body of Christ", and they'll spit on God's law every time, but "whosoever loseth his life for My sake shall find it".

Reactions: Nancy

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It only appears that way because churches are filled with so many people who only render lip service and not heart service.

Force them to choose between death or bowing to the golden image, praying to the earthly king, or confessing that the wafer the papist holds out in front of their face while they kneel with bound hands is actually the "body of Christ", and they'll spit on God's law every time, but "whosoever loseth his life for My sake shall find it".

Then they are no more Christian then those whose seek salvation via law.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's nonsense. Christ and the apostles quote the Old Testament only... ah, yes they were Law-keepers, of course!
Jesus "kept My Father's commandments.." If He were here today, the Antinomianists would condemn Him as a lost man "under the law".

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then they are no more Christian then those whose seek salvation via law.
Once again, you shift the focus of the discussion from "Christian Obligation" to "Christian Origination".

We're all quite aware of how a Christian originates: by grace through faith, not by works.

What we're discussing is you Antinomianists who claim no obligation to keep God's law...and what this says about whether Christ truly resides in the heart of such people.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I notice many "pew warmers" in my local church's. Texting, eating, drinking soda...and they are the first ones at to door after services...no fellowship, no growth. Same year in and year out. I am so happy that God is our judge ♥

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The requirement for animal sacrifices
I'm not talking about the OT sacrificial system. Are Christians free to disregard "Thou shalt have no other gods before Me" and sacrifice goats and chickens to Lucifer in an unadulterated act of worship, and still go to heaven?

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not talking about the OT sacrificial system. Are Christians free to disregard "Thou shalt have no other gods before Me" and sacrifice goats and chickens to Lucifer in an unadulterated act of worship, and still go to heaven?

The 10 Commandments are not Mosaic will. Mosaic law was fulfilled in Christ.

So yes the 10 Commandments are still applicable but not as law, but as guidelines of what God wants and expects from us.

But I don't think you know the difference.

Christ did not refer to what he gave as a law, but Commandments.

When he gave the new covenant of blood at the Last Supper no laws were attached.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I notice many "pew warmers" in my local church's. Texting, eating, drinking soda...and they are the first ones at to door after services...no fellowship, no growth. Same year in and year out. I am so happy that God is our judge ♥
Revelation says we're living in the "Laodicean" age which means "the people are judged"...and if ever the church was "wretched, miserable, poor, blind, and naked", it is us. But let one attempt to preach the end time "Elijah message" - which was revival and reformation in the days of Ahab's apostasy and is revival and reformation in our day as well --

and the people will rise up in anger against him as assuredly as did Jezebel against Elijah.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So yes the 10 Commandments are still applicable but not as law, but as guidelines of what God wants and expects from us.
Oh, so as a Christian, I have the option to choose whether or not to worship Lucifer, since "have no other gods before Me" is only a guideline, right? Just trying to be clarify...

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is fascinating that these law keepers quote the Old Testament and first four books of the New Testament only.
Only those books? Please allow me to quote to you what the last chapter of the last book of the last testament says about that:

"Blessed are they who do His commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life and may enter into the gates to the city." Revelation 22:14 KJV

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh, so as a Christian, I have the option to choose whether or not to worship Lucifer, since "have no other gods before Me" is only a guideline, right? Just trying to be clarify...

No you don't have the option because the New Testament covers those issues, but not as law.

But you better look up the definition of god it means what ever, person or thing, you place above all else. So if you place law above all else it is your god.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Only those books? Please allow me to quote to you what the last chapter of the last book of the last testament says about that:

"Blessed are they who do His commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life and may enter into the gates to the city." Revelation 22:14 KJV

And allow me to remind you the events of Revelation are not the age of the Gentiles. It is under the new covenant to the houses of Judah and Israel and the new law accompanying it.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, we do have to get circumcised. But once again, the word is Spirit because God is Spirit and the letter of the law is for the flesh, which must die, but the spirit of the law is for eternity.
Just to clarify: are Christian men required to have their penises circumcised and bring live animals - upon whose heads we lean our bodies by our hand while confessing our sins - and then take the knife from a priest and slit the throat of that animal in order to evidence our faith in a coming Savior Who will die as a spotless sacrifice to satisfy the justice of God's broken law?

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No you don't have the option because the New Testament covers those issues, but not as law.
That which is not mandatory is not optional and that which is not optional is mandatory. Either the commandments exists for us to follow, or it does not exist.

This "Spiritual Switzerland" you Antinomianists are so desperate to find is every bit as fantasy as is Satan's desire to "be like the Most High".

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And allow me to remind you the events of Revelation are not the age of the Gentiles.
Says who? John says that Gentile Christians will overcome Antichrist, which is kinda hard to do if we've been raptured away before the Antichrist arises, right?

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Says who? John says that Gentile Christians will overcome Antichrist, which is kinda hard to do if we've been raptured away before the Antichrist arises, right?

John doesn't say that at all. He says an angel of the Lord will overcome the AC, chain him and throw him into the bottomless pit for thousand years.

Quote any verse in Revelation where the word Christian appears during the trib.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John doesn't say that at all. He says an angel of the Lord will overcome the AC, chain him and throw him into the bottomless pit for thousand years.
I. CHURCH IS TO OVERCOME ANTICHRIST
"Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them (Antichrists): because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world."

II. CHURCH IS FROM WHICH ANTICHRIST ARISES
"Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time. They went out from us..."

III. THE "SON OF PERDITION" ARISES FROM WITHIN CHURCH AS DID THE OTHER "SON OF PERDITION" JUDAS
"...those that Thou gavest Me I have kept, and none of them is lost, but the son of perdition; that the scripture might be fulfilled."
Quote any verse in Revelation where the word Christian appears during the trib.
The entire seven letters are written to the churches LOL And "Jew" is a symbolic term for Christian in Revelation.