God's Character Defined By A Three Letter Word

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The opposition to the laws of God are palpable, just by your rejection of them and renaming them guidelines... Suggestions... Or just for Jews... Or void altogether... Is stark evidence of your animosity toward them. Which one of you would claim all the priveliges of being a child of your earthly father and at the same time consider his authority over you irrelevant? Why do you reject God's authority? You call Him Lord. But how can He be your Lord when you search every means possible, both theologically and literally, to resist obedience to even the most basic of His commands... Do we make the law void by our faith? Nay, we establish the law.
Every earthly ruler has laws to given his subjects... Should not the ruler of the universe, who by His own wisdom and counsel sets up kings and deposes them according to His own will, also have laws to govern His own kingdom? Is not the rejection of such a concept as law in God's kingdom an act of treachery?

Where in the New Testament this is say is still fully in effect and not fulfilled in Christ?

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Jesus said if we love Him, keep His commandments.

Joh_1:17 For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.

Joh_7:19 Did not Moses give you the law, and yet none of you keepeth the law? Why go ye about to kill me?

Luk_24:44 And he said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me.

whose commandments??

Joh_13:34 A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.
Joh_13:35 By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.

so love than you wont steal someones car.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you saying no way read the Bible for the Jesuits?
I'm saying no one had previously arrived at Futurist interpretations of prophecy which the Jesuits first pioneered and now you and many others adopt; a compelling truth that not only exposes the Jesuits as concluding such ideas for the sole purpose of undermining the Protestant Reformation, but eliminates from the modern Christian any legitimate reason to believe such ideas.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So what? The ECF got a lot of things wrong.
So, the ECF were wrong, the Protestant Forerunners of the Reformation were wrong, the great Protestant Reformers were wrong....but the church that preaches Salvation by Works, Purgatory, Eternal Torment, non-essentiality of the substitutionary death of Jesus, absolute necessity of Mediation of Mary/Pope/Saints/Priests, the Bible is subordinate to the catholic church, etc., has somehow stumbled on what God intended as "truth" regarding eschatology? What lengths you Futurists go to deny reason, logic, and the Word of God in order to continue to believe modern sensationalist nonsense.

Reactions: brakelite

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm saying no one had previously arrived at Futurist interpretations of prophecy which the Jesuits first pioneered and now you and many others adopt; a compelling truth that not only exposes the Jesuits as concluding such ideas for the sole purpose of undermining the Protestant Reformation, but eliminates from the modern Christian any legitimate reason to believe such ideas.

In your opinion, not in fact. Prophecy denies you.

B

brakelite

So you are saying love, which is what God is, is imperfect????
There are many flawed concepts of love. Ask Hugh Hefner. His ideas on what love truly is would be radically altered if he read the ten commandments, and accepted them as authoritative.

B

brakelite

In your opinion, not in fact. Prophecy denies you.
Futurism by its very nature cannot be proved. Add to that the counteless different ideas on what the future will ostensibly bring...pre wrath...pre trib...post trib...mid trib...and all the numerous nuances in between...not one of those theories can be held up to the light of day and be proclaimed as "This is the Truth", simply because none of it has actually happened yet. On the other hand, futurism and preterism must bow in humble submission before historicism because the ONLY evidence historicists promote for their teachings and prophetic understanding is history, often written in the blood of their forbears. The only means by which historicsts could be opposed, was by rewriting history, or denying it. Catholics spen a fortune in time, effort, and subterfuge by rewriting it...modern futurists simply bury their heads in the sand and hope the history books all go away...and failing that, the people who read them.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Futurism by its very nature cannot be proved. Add to that the counteless different ideas on what the future will ostensibly bring...pre wrath...pre trib...post trib...mid trib...and all the numerous nuances in between...not one of those theories can be held up to the light of day and be proclaimed as "This is the Truth", simply because none of it has actually happened yet. On the other hand, futurism and preterism must bow in humble submission before historicism because the ONLY evidence historicists promote for their teachings and prophetic understanding is history, often written in the blood of their forbears. The only means by which historicsts could be opposed, was by rewriting history, or denying it. Catholics spen a fortune in time, effort, and subterfuge by rewriting it...modern futurists simply bury their heads in the sand and hope the history books all go away...and failing that, the people who read them.

The Bible prophecy says it's real and true.

historicists
Replace prophecy with the new interpretation of historical events that have already occurred, trying to make them fit and fulfill biblical prophecy, which is a contradiction and cannot be true.

Such as the Bible teaches the AC is a single individual but you try to assign it Catholicism and the full line of popes in history. Thus it is no longer prophecy.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When I get into a discussion on the spirit versus the letter, it's never to argue. I enter the conversation in the hopes that someone might see it and be filled with joy.

God said through a prophet that He was mad at the men who were supposed spiritual leaders because they put a superficial bandaid on a mortal, blood spurting wound. (my paraphrase).

Advocating for the letter of the law and telling a man he is obedient and pleases God if he goes to church once a week - this is a superficial bandaid on a wound that is mortal and inside.

Is God pleased at church attendance or is He pleased with worship of Him in spirit and truth?
Is He pleased that 99.9% of us never physically kill a man or is He pleased when we don't murder in spirit and truth?

And how is it that Jesus said if the inside of the cup is clean the outside just will be as well so wash the inside, and yet men get froward with other men over the outside of their cup? A man could be in church every Sunday and yet never worship in spirit and truth.

A man could never commit adultery outwardly but commit it inwardly every single day. And yet other men uphold him as a good and holy example and set him in charge of new converts, because men do not judge correctly - God does.
An alleged man of God that tells you to follow the letter is committing murder

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Bible prophecy says it's real and true.

Of course prophecy cannot be proven until it happens. It is prophecy after all.

As the Bible says Jews want signs and Gentiles want proof.

But true born again believe by faith, which you are not doing.

historicists
Replace prophecy with the new interpretation of historical events that have already occurred, trying to make them fit and fulfill biblical prophecy, which is a contradiction and cannot be true.

Such as the Bible teaches the AC is a single individual but you try to assign it Catholicism and the full line of popes in history. Thus it is no longer prophecy.

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Mjrhealth’s Law of Exponentiality,

There is one Christ gave us
Joh 13:34 A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.
Joh 13:35 By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.
Jesus Foretells Peter's Den
God is Love, Jesus is Love, all Gods plan is because of Love.
Both of you trying to justify a man made religion. YEs teh devil loves twisting words.

It is grace or law. life or death choose.

Believe, that is all He requires, it is the proof that we love Him. Love is enough it need no laws,

“‘One law’” —‘Love!’,

two laws —‘Love!’, ‘Choose!’

three laws —‘Love!’, ‘Choose!’, ‘Believe!’.

But transgression of one law

is transgression of three

is transgression of Ten Commandments

is transgression of just Two,

is transgression of “The Greatest”,

“WITH ALL YOUR MIGHT LOVE GOD!”

For sin is transgression of the Law

and to call one’s brother Raka devil

is to kill him from the heart with hate.

But greatest of all sin is it

to with lying twisting tongue

fashion an own and man-made

One-Law-Religion to justify myself

and judge other people with.

Last edited:

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Addressing the OP only.
the topic states, "God's Character Defined By A Three Letter Word"

another three letters? "ARM" = Jesus, God's own ARM. which is his respond to the OLD "LAW"

1 John 2:7 "Brethren, I write no new commandment unto you, but an old commandment which ye had from the beginning. The old commandment is the word which ye have heard from the beginning.

as you said, "Therefore, why is it that so many who claim to love God hate His law so much? Because their professed love for God is actually HATE for Him. If they truly loved Him, they would love also His law - because His law is a transcript of His character, as the Bible testifies. To God be the glory!"

LOVE ye one another which fills the LAW. so what was the OLD LAW?
Micah 6:8 "He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?". see Deuteronomy 10:12.

PICJAG.