God's Character Defined By A Three Letter Word

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

B

brakelite

You still miss the point,
Being set free from the bondages of sin is the whole point of the gospel. Not just the condemnation, but also the slavery. You don't seem to have the faith to believe that. You see any obedience as man's work. You Gail to understand the possibilities of what God can accomplish in man of he is fully surrendered.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Being set free from the bondages of sin is the whole point of the gospel. Not just the condemnation, but also the slavery. You don't seem to have the faith to believe that. You see any obedience as man's work. You Gail to understand the possibilities of what God can accomplish in man of he is fully surrendered.
Oh I do know this bit,

Rom 5:10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.
Rom 5:11 And not only so, but we also joy in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom we have now received the atonement.
Rom 5:12 Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:
Rom 5:13 (For until the law sin was in the world: but sin is not imputed when there is no law.
Rom 5:14 Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over them that had not sinned after the similitude of Adam's transgression, who is the figure of him that was to come.
Rom 5:15 But not as the offence, so also is the free gift. For if through the offence of one many be dead, much more the grace of God, and the gift by grace, which is by one man, Jesus Christ, hath abounded unto many.
Rom 5:16 And not as it was by one that sinned, so is the gift: for the judgment was by one to condemnation, but the free gift is of many offences unto justification.
Rom 5:17 For if by one man's offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ.)
Rom 5:18 Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.
Rom 5:19 For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.
Rom 5:20 Moreover the law entered, that the offence might abound. But where sin abounded, grace did much more abound:
Rom 5:21 That as sin hath reigned unto death, even so might grace reign through righteousness unto eternal life by Jesus Christ our Lord.

and that is why sin does not trouble those in Christ, ie

you are either

A. A sinner by the law and condemnation
B. The righteousness of Christ by grace through faith and His works

not a hard choice

Is it ????

B

brakelite

It is grace or law. life or death choose.
No, that is not the choice. the choice is between obedience by grace through faith, or obedience by ones own strength. It is a choice between faith, or works. The law is constant...the moving target is the one you pretend is in front of us, but is in reality only in your imagination.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
No, that is not the choice. the choice is between obedience by grace through faith, or obedience by ones own strength. It is a choice between faith, or works. The law is constant...the moving target is the one you pretend is in front of us, but is in reality only in your imagination.

What this part

Rom 9:31 But Israel, which followed after the law of righteousness, hath not attained to the law of righteousness.
Rom 9:32 Wherefore? Because they sought it not by faith, but as it were by the works of the law. For they stumbled at that stumblingstone;
Rom 9:33 As it is written, Behold, I lay in Sion a stumblingstone and rock of offence: and whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.

so according to you to, it is by the law we are saved, and what has grace to do with the law,

what was it you stated in you web,

The Seventh Day Adventists arrived in the early to mid 1800s. Their burden was the law of God,

yes your burden just as you spoke, it is something God and Jesus cannot help you with it is by your own works and you will fail.

Mat 11:28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
Mat 11:29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
Mat 11:30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

The law is yours,

For they stumbled at that stumblingstone;

again

B

brakelite

Do you read your own quotes?

Rom 9:31 But Israel, which followed after the law of righteousness, hath not attained to the law of righteousness.
Rom 9:32 Wherefore? Because they sought it not by faith

Where does that scripture differ from my own statement ?

the choice is between obedience by grace through faith, or obedience by ones own strength

Like you said, the Jews sought righteousness by their own works...and not by faith. You quoted that so I presume you agree with it. But when I come along and say the same thing, you disagree. You are allowing your prejudice to colour your opinions.

B

brakelite

A fully surrendered sinner is a walking talking contradiction in terms.
Indeed. One surrenders to allow the Creator to make a new man who has power to overcome. No longer a sinner who very occasionally gets things right, but a redeemed new creature who occasionally gets things wrong...but gets back on the horse and goes forward, not looking at the past, but in faith looking for the mark of the high calling he has in Christ.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Do you read your own quotes?

Like you said, the Jews sought righteousness by their own works...and not by faith. You quoted that so I presume you agree with it. But when I come along and say the same thing, you disagree. You are allowing your prejudice to colour your opinions.

What has the law got to do with us, are you a sinner are you unrighteous, for what purpose do you keep the law, what has the law got to do with Christ, was his suffering and death not enough?? Grace by faith, there is nothing else one can add to that to save oneself, so the law does what, it is faith that pleases God , it is faith that accounts for righteousness, so the law is for what... Boasting, because it adds not a dot to ones salvation,, not one. it is of works the flesh, nothing to do with those in Christ.

you say it but you dont beleive it, if you did than the law would not even be on your mind because love will fill you and love needs no laws.

all you ever do is try convince people to carry a burden that was never theres.

Act_15:24 Forasmuch as we have heard, that certain which went out from us have troubled you with words, subverting your souls, saying, Ye must be circumcised, and keep the law: to whom we gave no such commandment:

when will you leave them to Christ and stop laying stumbling blocks before his people

Rom 3:21 But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;
Rom 3:22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:

B

brakelite

for what purpose do you keep the law,
You speak as if I am the instigator of the concept and my idea...as if I decided on my own that "keeping the law is a great idea and I should do it". Nah, nothing could be further from the truth. I uphold the law and make it honourable because I share the same Spirit as my Saviour who also "upheld the law and made it honourable". It was never me...it was the Spirit of God in me that has always been the motivating factor and the power by which any obedience is made possible. If the scriptures that say the following....

3 For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:
4 That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit....

and this one...

7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.
8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.
9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you....

and this one...

Ro 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren....

do not mean what they say, or say what they mean, then God is a liar, and we are not created as new creatures with the power to obey, and God is powerless to change sinners into saints.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
do not mean what they say, or say what they mean, then God is a liar, and we are not created as new creatures with the power to obey, and God is powerless to change sinners into saints.

What has being a Saint got to do with the law, what had being changed from glory to glory got to do with the law

What has Jesus got to do with the Law, all you have done since you bin on here is try justify your keeping of the law and your religion, which is all BOL and his fan club do.

What do you think Jesus died for, so men could impress Him. Salvation is a free gift that you keep trying to pay for.

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
What this part

Rom 9:32 Wherefore? Because they sought it not by faith, but as it were by the works of the law. For they stumbled at that stumblingstone;
Rom 9:33 As it is written, Behold, I lay in Sion a stumblingstone and rock of offence: and whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.

so according to you to, it is by the law we are saved, and what has grace to do with the law,

what was it you stated in you web,

The Seventh Day Adventists arrived in the early to mid 1800s. Their burden was the law of God,

yes your burden just as you spoke, it is something God and Jesus cannot help you with it is by your own works and you will fail.

Mat 11:28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
Mat 11:29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
Mat 11:30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

The law is yours,

For they stumbled at that stumblingstone;

again

The Stumblingstone is Jesus Christ, still.

B

brakelite

What has being a Saint got to do with the law, what had being changed from glory to glory got to do with the law

What has Jesus got to do with the Law, all you have done since you bin on here is try justify your keeping of the law and your religion, which is all BOL and his fan club do.

What do you think Jesus died for, so men could impress Him. Salvation is a free gift that you keep trying to pay for.
The difference is in who (or Who) is doing the compelling. I do not observe the Sabbath because my church says to; I do not refrain from stealing because the Mormons teach stealing is wrong; I remain faithful to my wife not because the Jehovah Witnesses uphold the 7trh commandment, but rather I obey all that God requires of me because God is God. And I think He's very cool and I love Him to bits and if He asks me to jump I won't come down till He tells me to. It has not got anything to do with what testament we adhere to or what denomination or church we attend or what the majority opinion is. And it certainly has nothing to do with you misapprehending my motives for obeying my God.

What it all boils down to is an honest response to the question, "what does God require of me today?".

The Galatians who were being deceived into accepting the 'Judaizers' rather than the simplicity of the gospel, certainly had a problem. The problem was not that they were keeping the sabbaths and feasts of the old sanctuary services, (as Paul himself still observed them) , but rather that they were trusting in that observation as a means to being justified. Would anyone dare suggest that it was not wrong to steal? If I as a Christian teach that stealing is morally indefensible which of you would accuse me of legalism? which would accuse me of working my way to heaven simply because I insist on being honest? If however I taught that by being honest, I would then be justified before God, then your accusations of 'Judaising' and legalism, 'working my way to heaven' etc would be justifiable. But I don't. never have. Never thought it, and it never has been a part of my motivation in obeying...despite your insistence to the contrary. Your judgement in this matter reveals an abysmal lack of discernment and an insult to everyones integrity who believes holy living a normal Christian experience.

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
How can one agree with a man where every post comes with a caveat, the "law".

that is deception that is from the devil, not God

"The Word was God" the Word of God the Law-OF-GOD. You cannot do away with HIM try as you may, "The Same", "One Raised from the dead again" : "This Jesus whom ye crucified" : "This" : "Jesus inscribed above the cross : King of the Jews" : "Nailed to the Cross" : "The Way" : "taken out of the way" : the Law-OF-GOD!

How can one agree with a man where every post comes with a caveat, 'There is no "law"'? That is deception that is from the devil, not from God.

Last edited:

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
"The Word was God" the Word of God the Law-OF-GOD. You cannot do away with HIM try as you may, "The Same", "One Raised from the dead again" : "This Jesus whom ye crucified" : "This" : "Jesus inscribed above the cross : King of the Jews" : "Nailed to the Cross" : "The Way" : "taken out of the way" : the Law-OF-GOD!

How can one agree with a man where every post comes with a caveat, 'There is no "law"'? That is deception that is from the devil, not from God.
There is one Christ gave us

Joh 13:34 A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.
Joh 13:35 By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.
Jesus Foretells Peter's Den

God is Love, Jesus is Love, all Gods plan is because of Love.

Both of you trying to justify a man made religion. YEs teh devil loves twisting words.