Gods Project

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

JesusFreakMartyr

May 30, 2011
Ephesians 4:11-12 “ [11] It was he who gave some to be apostles, some to be prophets, some to be evangelists, and some to be pastors and teachers, [12] to prepare God's people for works of service, so that the body of Christ may be built up”

SOME were created, not all, people to be charged with leadership responsibilities. For the reason that only He understands, Particular people are entrusted with these duties for the benefit of others. The blessing of knowledge and leadership is not to glorify themselves or have others lift them up, but so that they are equipped to lift others up in their walk with Christ. It is important to remember, when we begin to criticize our Pastor or Youth Pastor on their teachings; We ask ourselves – Am I mature in MYwalk? Am I where I need to be? And if you can answer yes to those questions, then you will understand the reason as to why God has given authority to your Pastor or Youth Pastor – as well as, you will understand that God has placed you at a certain church or environment for a reason.

Jeremiah 29:11 “ [11] For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you home and a future.”

When I have heard people preach Jeremiah 29:11, the typical audience is to a group of students who are searching for their identity in this world. They are searching for who God wants them to be! If you will look a little deeper than just the surface of this verse, it says that God knows the PLANS He has for you. God the Father has a PLAN, a PURPOSE, a REASON, a PROJECT, a DUTY, a TASK, a JOB, for you to do. Something that you were created uniquely to do. A definition of “plans” is: a specific project or definite purpose. Therefore, by this definition, God arranged ahead of [or before] time a very specific project that He wants YOU to work on. He will supply extra help, But it is YOUR responsibility to succeed. You can either embrace the project and acheive, or neglect the project and endure the consequences of judgment.

Would you think that He would give you a project, and not supply resources? No! Of course not.

He is not a God that just pushes us out into the world and tells us to cross our fingers. Our God continues to help us (Ps. 33:20, Heb. 2:18, Ps. 54:4) , strengthen us (Ps. 18:1, Phil. 4:13, Is. 40:29), and support us every day that we are living for His predestined purposes (Eph. 1:5). This includes establishing church families and faithful friends in our lives. God has arranged everything in your life, a certain way, for a certain reason, as a certain time – all for the opportunity that you will grow closer to Him.

So next time you find yourself criticizing a message from your Pastor or thinking that you could do a better job – Remember, There is a purpose for God blessing leadership in their life over you [as their sheep]. Trust in the leaders, pray for them, and be their aid always. You never know what God might have planned next!

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
There is much confusion today with the Sunday service model of "doing" church!

The giftings in the church are often confused with the functions in the church.

We see this with the word "pastor". A pastor is a gifting... not an office whereby one can make a finacially rewarding carreer with. This is worldly in the extreme.

Oversight in the church is for order. The gifts are spread throughout the body and these are meant to function TOGETHER. So the only leadership that is required is for order and direction.

Church order has people fulfilling 2 basic functions....overseeing, and serving. That's it.

Elders are people who are older!

Among the elders are people with any of the giftins listed in Eph. 4

For instance the church in Antioch was led by prophets and teachers! (no mention of any pastor there)

So if we truly want to have God's favour and grow, we need to put away the ways of men and look to God. Men will try to run the church for God. But it is the Spirit we are to follow, not men!

A church meeting involves every member encouraged to function in their gifting.

Today, we follow the way of the Greek orators and have only two functions. The big mouths and the big ears! This is not of the Lord. We are taught through a dialogue with one another. That is why I like these forums so much! :rolleyes:

Paul shows us a better way. :)

Maran atha!

Reactions: Prentis

Holy Pursuit

May 29, 2011
There is much confusion today with the Sunday service model of "doing" church!

The giftings in the church are often confused with the functions in the church.

We see this with the word "pastor". A pastor is a gifting... not an office whereby one can make a finacially rewarding carreer with. This is worldly in the extreme.

Oversight in the church is for order. The gifts are spread throughout the body and these are meant to function TOGETHER. So the only leadership that is required is for order and direction.

Church order has people fulfilling 2 basic functions....overseeing, and serving. That's it.

Elders are people who are older!

Among the elders are people with any of the giftins listed in Eph. 4

For instance the church in Antioch was led by prophets and teachers! (no mention of any pastor there)

So if we truly want to have God's favour and grow, we need to put away the ways of men and look to God. Men will try to run the church for God. But it is the Spirit we are to follow, not men!

A church meeting involves every member encouraged to function in their gifting.

Today, we follow the way of the Greek orators and have only two functions. The big mouths and the big ears! This is not of the Lord. We are taught through a dialogue with one another. That is why I like these forums so much! :rolleyes:

Paul shows us a better way. :)

Maran atha!

I agree with this. I do have a question though, for me, it seems we should not charge for your ministries, yet the Bible says to pay your leaders well. So which is it? Do we pay our teachers? Or is it their ministry? What do you think? Thank you John.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I agree with this. I do have a question though, for me, it seems we should not charge for your ministries, yet the Bible says to pay your leaders well. So which is it? Do we pay our teachers? Or is it their ministry? What do you think? Thank you John.

Actually I am in ministry full time! I have no salary but am supported by the brothers. What does that mean?

Well I believe that when a man goes into full time ministry he is to be supported in his/her present station. He shouldn't be worrying about anything but serving the Lord.

I was 43 when I began to be full time. My house was paid off already, and I already owned what I needed. So the church pays the gas for the car, the hydro, the food. Our house is an open house so we just live IN church!

I believe that if a young man wishes to be in full time ministry, then he should remain as he is....no house, no car etc...or if he does own a car...then the gas and repairs can be covered.

Does he want to have a family, a car, a vacation? If he wishes these things, he should work for these. THEN when he has provided for his family, he can be supported by the church.

So I don't think the church should treat a minister in Christ like a salaried professional. Paul always stayed with others. He lived among the brethren!

Peter already had a house when he followed Christ. So his family was provided for.

I CANNOT see that the church would buy Paul a house, for instance. But they would provide him a place to stay and look after his food and clothing needs. Paul said that with these he is happy. Paul also remain unmarried.

So this is about basic needs....not an earthly dream!

Hope that helps! :)

Reactions: Prentis

Holy Pursuit

May 29, 2011
Actually I am in ministry full time! I have no salary but am supported by the brothers. What does that mean?

Well I believe that when a man goes into full time ministry he is to be supported in his/her present station. He shouldn't be worrying about anything but serving the Lord.

I was 43 when I began to be full time. My house was paid off already, and I already owned what I needed. So the church pays the gas for the car, the hydro, the food. Our house is an open house so we just live IN church!

I believe that if a young man wishes to be in full time ministry, then he should remain as he is....no house, no car etc...or if he does own a car...then the gas and repairs can be covered.

Does he want to have a family, a car, a vacation? If he wishes these things, he should work for these. THEN when he has provided for his family, he can be supported by the church.

So I don't think the church should treat a minister in Christ like a salaried professional. Paul always stayed with others. He lived among the brethren!

Peter already had a house when he followed Christ. So his family was provided for.

I CANNOT see that the church would buy Paul a house, for instance. But they would provide him a place to stay and look after his food and clothing needs. Paul said that with these he is happy. Paul also remain unmarried.

So this is about basic needs....not an earthly dream!

Hope that helps! :)

Thank you! Yes, this is the way I see it to be, also, that if you are called into a full time ministry, the church should support you. You are right, the way it is set up today, teachers or pastors have a job and not a ministry.

Blessings.