God's Prophet says Get Ready to See the Rapture!!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But wouldn't a prophet of God see this and know that? I would think a prophet of God would pray and seek His answer on the matter.

I couln't say IF Van Impe was claiming Y2K was the end of the world. I never heard that.

Personally I believe a Computer Glitch or Tampering could very well cause World Wide Chaos, and still may.

I did...I prayed and asked God if Y2K was going to happen and His answer was do not be concerned and be at peace. Reject any man claiming this to be a sign from me.

That's good, I personally endorse Prayer.
I also support another Scriptural teaching of Being Prepared.

Glory to God,
Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For Thousands of people, ToDAY is their Last Day. For Millions more, Their LAST Day is coming soon.

The World teaches, get your papers in order, plan your funeral...

Jesus taught, get your soul restored, get your spirit Quickened. :)

Glory to God,
Taken

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jack Van Impe is an evangelist who now focuses on Bible prophecy (and perhaps neglects other Christian truth). He was always an evangelist. God's last prophet was the apostle-prophet John who wrote Revelation, the final book of prophecy.

There can be no doubt that we are nearing the end of the age, but the Rapture has always been imminent. And the Rapture will precede the Second Coming of Christ by at least seven years. No Christian should attempt to set dates regarding these events. We can certainly scrutinize world events and then see where we are prophetically.
The title of the thread says he is s prophet.
Another post showed a link where he claims to be God's last prophet.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

"A" prophet is:
a person regarded as an inspired teacher or proclaimer of the will of God.

I believe that is a befitting title for Jack Van Impe, and others who have dedicated their life to teaching and proclaiming the will of God.

Don't know about him claiming to be the LAST prophet.

Glory to God,
Taken

Last edited:

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Jack Van Impe knows better than to claim that he is God's last prophet. Jesus of Nazareth was the last Prophet (see below). Prophets wrote and spoke by divine revelation the very words of God. John was an apostle-prophet, so Van Impe is speaking presumptuously (as noted below).

DEUTERONOMY 18
15 The LORD thy God will raise up unto thee a Prophet [Jesus] from the midst of thee, of thy brethren, like unto me; unto him ye shall hearken...
18 I will raise them up a Prophet [Jesus] from among their brethren, like unto thee, and will put my words in his mouth; and he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him.
19 And it shall come to pass, that whosoever will not hearken unto my words which he shall speak in my name, I will require it of him.
20 But the prophet, which shall presume to speak a word in my name, which I have not commanded him to speak, or that shall speak in the name of other gods, even that prophet shall die.
21 And if thou say in thine heart, How shall we know the word which the LORD hath not spoken?
22 When a prophet speaketh in the name of the LORD, if the thing follow not, nor come to pass, that is the thing which the LORD hath not spoken, but the prophet hath spoken it presumptuously: thou shalt not be afraid of him.

Because of this prophecy the scribes and Pharisees asked John the Baptizer "Art thou that Prophet" (which he denied). But after seeing the miracles of Christ, many Jews said that He was "that Prophet", and when Peter preached after the day of Pentecost, he confirmed it by quoting from from Deuteronomy:

ACTS 3
20 And he shall send Jesus Christ, which before was preached unto you:
21 Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began.
22 For Moses truly said unto the fathers, A Prophet shall the Lord your God raise up unto you of your brethren, like unto me; him shall ye hear in all things whatsoever he shall say unto you.
23 And it shall come to pass,
that every soul, which will not hear that Prophet, shall be destroyed from among the people.

Please note above "and will put my words in his mouth". Every prophet (or apostle-prophet) could only speak or write the words given to him by the Holy Spirit. Therefore Peter (also an apostle-prophet) said this: We [the apostles] have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts: Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation. For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.

The last apostle-prophet was John, while Jesus was the Ultimate Prophet (Heb 1:1) . No man can now claim to be the last prophet.

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You can pray to God that you be left behind!!

Again I ASK!!! Why not just read and believe God's Word and ignore the silly ideas of little sin loving ignorant men???

Why not just believe God's Word on the catching up (rapture)??

16 For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. 17 Then we who are alive and remain """shall be caught up together""" with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord. 18 Therefore comfort one another with these words1 Corinthians 15:51- 57
Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.

51 Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,

52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.

54 So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.

55 O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory?

56 The sting of death is sin; and the strength of sin is the law.

57 But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.

Edit Delete Report

Great rapture promise from God to born-again believers!!===
Revelation 3:10-20 (NKJV)
10 Because you have kept My command to persevere, I also will keep you from the hour of trial which shall come upon the whole world, to test those who dwell on the earth. 11 Behold,I am coming quickly! Hold fast what you have, that no one may take your crown.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jack Van Impe says the Holy Spirit has told him that he is God's final prophet to tell the world The rapture ( catching up of born again believers) is very near and then WW111 WHEN 2 1/2 Billion will die. Jack sounds the warning 4/7/2018 ""
Jack Van Impe Presents — April 7, 2018
God's Last Prophet ?? 89 year old Jack Van Impe says
Current international events reflect exactly the conditions predicted throughout the Bible for the last days of this age. Dr. Jack Van Impe has been declaring the truth of Bible prophecy since 1948 and continues to be a leading voice in declaring the soon return of the Savior. Jack says God has called him to be His last prophet to warn the world's people that rapture day and WW111 Is very near and we all need to be ready to meet Jesus!!
For answers Google=====
Jack Van Impe Presents — April 7,
Doesn't the Bible say "To the LAW and the testimony, if they speak not according to this Word, it is because there is no light in them"? He promotes Sunday rest which is not found anywhere in Scripture over the Sabbath which is in the heart of the law which God wrote with His own finger in stone, and therefore cannot be a genuine prophet - no light.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You do realize that the day after Jack dies, and someone else predicts "The Rapture"… then in that very instant Jack becomes a false prophet. LOL
What do you call a televangelist who want's to be rich but can't sell a lot of tickets to his shows? a teleprophet :)

Reactions: Soverign Grace

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You can pray to God that you be left behind!!

Why don't you study your Bible more to find out how all those 'Left-behind' stories are false?

At the end of Luke 17, Christ's disciples asked Him, "Where, Lord?" those first ones 'taken' would be taken to. And Jesus answered with wheresoever the carcase is, that's where the fowls will be gathered (the Matt.24:28 version uses the word for "carcase", a dead body).

The first ones 'taken' will be like dead carcases where the fowls will be gathered, feasting on them. The LORD also uses this metaphor of fowls feasting on the dead for the last day event of this present world at His coming...

Rev 19:17-18
17 And I saw an angel standing in the sun; and he cried with a loud voice, saying to all the fowls that fly in the midst of heaven, "Come and gather yourselves together unto the supper of the great God;
18 That ye may eat the flesh of kings, and the flesh of captains, and the flesh of mighty men, and the flesh of horses, and of them that sit on them, and the flesh of all men, both free and bond, both small and great.
KJV

So really, the Pre-trib Rapture spin doctors are actually preparing you to be 'taken' to that, and not saved by our Lord Jesus. You can buy all the Left-behind books and movies you want, study their Church study guides, but it is all like dung, and will not save. Only our Lord Jesus can save us, and that's why we should always listen to Him in HIS WORD, and not man.

Luke 17:36-37
36 Two men shall be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left.
37 And they answered and said unto Him, "Where, Lord?" And He said unto them, "Wheresoever the body is, thither will the eagles be gathered together."
KJV

Matt 24:28
28 For wheresoever the carcase is, there will the eagles be gathered together.
KJV

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This inspired scripture should not be hard to understand and believe!

16 For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. 17 Then we who are alive and remain """shall be caught up together""" with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord. 18 Therefore comfort one another with these words1 Corinthians 15:51- 57
Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.

51 Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,

52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.

54 So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.

57 But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.
Revelation 3:10-20
10 Because you have kept My command to persevere, I also will keep you from the hour of trial which shall come upon the whole world, to test those who dwell on the earth. 11 Behold,I am coming quickly! Hold fast what you have, that no one may take your crown.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This inspired scripture should not be hard to understand and believe!

Revelation 3:10-20

You bear false witness, because you wrongly assume I do not believe the "caught up" event by Apostle Paul in 1 Thess.4.

I definitely believe everything Apostle Paul said there in 1 Thess.4 about being "caught up" on the day of Christ's 2nd coming.

What I disagree with you on is the false Pre-trib Rapture theory you adhere to, which wrongly teaches the time of that being "caught up" happens before... the great tribulation.

The time of that "caught up" event is for AFTER... the tribulation, like Jesus taught in Matthew 24 and Mark 13, where Jesus also taught about the asleep saints being gathered in Heaven, and also about the saints still alive being gathered, which is the "caught up" event of 1 Thess.4.

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus says==Luke 21:36 36Be always on the watch, and pray that you may be able to escape all that is about to happen, and that you may be able to stand before the Son of Man."
1 Thessalonians 5:9 9For God did not appoint us to suffer wrath but to receive salvation through our LORD Jesus Christ.=====================But if you think you really want to be left behind on rapture day and suffer the judgments of the great tribulation then pray and maybe God will give you your wish!!

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
A lot of Christian people believe that there will be a "pre-tribulation rapture”, that is:
they believe that before the beast of Revelation takes over, makes war on the saints, and demands his mark on each person's body, all Christians will be "raptured". The word rapture and the idea of a removal of living people to heaven is not in the Bible.

The Bible does not teach a pre-tribulation rapture. It teaches tribulation. Because these people believe that they will not be here for the tribulation, they are not spiritually or physically preparing themselves, or their children, for what is to come.
They cannot see what is happening before their very eyes. They are so locked into deception that they cannot see nor hear. Not only are they deceived, they condemn anyone who does not believe in a pretribulation rapture.

The nature of deception is that you really believe what is false and that you disbelieve what is true. The only way that someone can come out of deception is if they really love the truth. If someone truly loves the scriptures, he will change his beliefs to conform to the scriptures when he sees that he is wrong. Unfortunately, most people feel that they have too much to lose by changing their false belief system. What if a dispensationalist preacher accepted the truth that he has been preaching a lie? Do you think his preacher friends will congratulate him for leaving deception? Do you think his dispensationalist congregation will be happy with him? There is a good chance that he will lose his tenure and position. Because many love the praise of men more than the praise of God, they will stay in deception rather lose their standing in their community. They cannot even afford to think that their beliefs may be wrong. You have to really love the truth to run this race.

Dispensationalism and the rapture is a heresy taught all across the face of the earth in Bible colleges and seminaries. It is preached and taught from pulpits, in books, and videos. If you go to a dispensationalist church, the people may hand you an armload of books to read about dispensationalist doctrines. They will invite you to sit through their biased Bible studies and maybe have you watch dispensationalist teachers on videos or in conferences. They will use all kinds of sophistry in their sermons. They will take scriptures out of context and make them infer a meaning that simply isn’t there. They will say that you are not a "Bible-believer" if you refuse to believe in dispensationalism. They will also tell you that you have to, "rightly divide the word of truth" as if the scriptures will lead you to dispensationalist conclusions. Then they may send more books home with you to read. If you remain unconvinced, they may berate you, and maybe even call you a heretic and will consign you to the hell they think is to come onto the earth.

All this is really sad, because the truth of God’s Plans for His people, are for their wellbeing and He is ready to pour out His blessings upon every Christian who stands firm in their faith during the testing time to come. Joel 2:32, Acts 2:21

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why choose to ignore and not believe God's Word and instead believe little men's ideas??
Jesus says==Luke 21:36 36Be always on the watch, and pray that you may be able to escape all that is about to happen, and that you may be able to stand before the Son of Man."
1 Thessalonians 5:9 9For God did not appoint us to suffer wrath

07-07-07

Nov 18, 2018
Rust Belt
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why choose to ignore and not believe God's Word and instead believe little men's ideas??
1 Thessalonians 5:9 9For God did not appoint us to suffer wrath

That's why it seems logical for the Rapture to occur at some point before the 7 vials of God's wrath are poured out. Is that before Daniel's 70th week or some point during? Mystery.