God's Purpose for the Earth has not changed!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Churchese is the most ridiculous of languages, adding whatever definitions you wish to any word.
Meaning that you do not understand what he posted. It is really OK to admit that sometimes you simply do not understand. Is your understanding of God perfect? Mine certainly is not, but then I admit that He is still working on me. Watch our friend @ScottA and you may learn something good that you did not already know.

theQuestion

Oct 30, 2017
seattle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Psalm 22:14 KJV
[14] I am poured out like water, and all my bones are out of joint: my heart is like wax; it is melted in the midst of my bowels.

Christ tells us during the crucifix; His heart is melted in the midst of His bowels.

Philippians 1:8
[8] For God is my record, how greatly I long after you all in the bowels of Jesus Christ.

In the bowels of Christ is: mercy, humbleness of mind, meekness, long suffering, forgiveness...of course Paul is standing there, in the bowels of Christ. So is every other believer.

Colossians 3:12-13 Kjv
[12] Put on therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, bowels of mercies, kindness, humbleness of mind, meekness, longsuffering; [13] Forbearing one another, and forgiving one another, if any man have a quarrel against any: even as Christ forgave you, so also do ye.

We come forth from the bowels of Christ:

Genesis 15:4-5 KJV
[4] And, behold, the word of the Lord came unto him, saying, This shall not be thine heir; but he that shall come forth out of thine own bowels shall be thine heir. [5] And he brought him forth abroad, and said, Look now toward heaven, and tell the stars, if thou be able to number them: and he said unto him, So shall thy seed be.

2 Samuel 7:12-16 KJV
[12] And when thy days be fulfilled, and thou shalt sleep with thy fathers, I will set up thy seed after thee, which shall proceed out of thy bowels, and I will establish his kingdom. [13] He shall build an house for my name, and I will stablish the throne of his kingdom for ever. [14] I will be his father, and he shall be my son. If he commit iniquity, I will chasten him with the rod of men, and with the stripes of the children of men: [15] But my mercy shall not depart away from him, as I took it from Saul, whom I put away before thee. [16] And thine house and thy kingdom shall be established for ever before thee: thy throne shall be established for ever.

1 John 3:17 KJV
[17] But whoso hath this world's good, and seeth his brother have need, and shutteth up his bowels of compassion from him, how dwelleth the love of God in him?

Are you saying the KJV version is incorrect? the only research you need is the Word of God which explains what He wants us to know...which is the Son.

No- in ancient times "the bowels" (Grk "intestines"): was a common expression denoting deep feelings, as "the heart" does in OUR day.

theQuestion

Oct 30, 2017
seattle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The last time I heard from your sect the earth was already full up. So why does it matter to discuss it?
But then again, they do tend to change what they believe, and I haven't talked to JW's for a long time now.

Silly non-answer.
How.... churchy

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
Silly non-answer.
How.... churchy

what I read in my Bible is that it says in the Lord's prayer "thy will be done on earth as in heaven" - this to me means His will will be done on earth as in heaven there will be a new heaven and a new earth with a connecting link between the two = like a Jacob's ladder imho - twinc

theQuestion

Oct 30, 2017
seattle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
what I read in my Bible is that it says in the Lord's prayer "thy will be done on earth as in heaven" - this to me means His will will be done on earth as in heaven there will be a new heaven and a new earth with a connecting link between the two = like a Jacob's ladder imho - twinc

The Link will be the Spirit ('Breath') of God.

truthquest

May 23, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
First- He has STATED that He made it to be inhabited.
Second- He states the righteous will inherit it FOREVER.
Third- He created us to LUST for exploration and discovery, and
Fourth- he created an endless Universe with endless planets!

Connect the dots!
Mormon teachings.

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
VERY GOOD! What IS His Name?

Elohim was the name used when He created the world, which indicates His relation to mankind as His creatures.
Jehovah is the same God in covenant relation to those whom He has created.
Jah is Jehovah in a special sense and relation.
El is the name for God as omnipotent
Eloah is Elohim, Who is to be worshipped, it is God in connection with His will, the living God in contrast to idols.
Elyon is God as possessor of the heaven and the earth.
Shaddai is God all-bountiful, the giver, who can supply all our needs.
Adon, is one of three titles Adonai, Adonim, all denoting His headship in various aspects.

* These are all Old Testament titles, there are more in the New Testament.