Gods Standard is...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
addressing the op, Good topic. reading the post many are on target. the standard of God is "Holiness", perfection, not in power, or wisdom, nor knowlrdge, for the Holy Ghost will enpower us with these things. but in your Faith, as one poster put it, our belief in God. Habakkuk 2:4 "Behold, his soul [which] is lifted up is not upright in him: but the just shall live by his faith". correct we all have a starting point in faith, so as the apostle Peter stated, add to your faith, see 2 Peter 1:5-12

and being in Christ,
Isaiah 11:10 "And in that day there shall be a root of Jesse, which shall stand for an ensign of the people; to it shall the Gentiles seek: and his rest shall be glorious.
Isaiah 11:11 "And it shall come to pass in that day, [that] the Lord shall set his hand again the second time to recover the remnant of his people, which shall be left, from Assyria, and from Egypt, and from Pathros, and from Cush, and from Elam, and from Shinar, and from Hamath, and from the islands of the sea.
Isaiah 11:12 "And he shall set up an ensign for the nations, and shall assemble the outcasts of Israel, and gather together the dispersed of Judah from the four corners of the earth.

and the crowing work of the LORD, Zechariah 9:16 "And the LORD their God shall save them in that day as the flock of his people: for they [shall be as] the stones of a crown, lifted up as an ensign upon his land.
Zechariah 9:17 "For how great [is] his goodness, and how great [is] his beauty! corn shall make the young men cheerful, and new wine the maids.

again good post, and poster also.

PICJAG.

Thank you! And yep, the just shall live by faith. We can have it all, power, wisdom, knowledge but we cannot please Him without faith, amen!
"correct we all have a starting point in faith, so as the apostle Peter stated, add to your faith, see 2 Peter 1:5-12"
Excellent scriptures to meditate on.
Thank you for the reply ♥

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Seriously? You have to ask that question? It is clearly the thousands of words God had men write down, showing us how He wants us to live.
All those thousands of words though are just that - words - but Jesus is The Word and without him we can't possibly hope to live as God requires us to live in holiness and righteousness and with faith.

Reactions: Nancy

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Perfection. And who BUT God is perfect? None. Jesus had to be God Himself, as only God is perfect...in ALL His ways. How could any BUT God incarnate atone for our sins? Anything less would not meet His standard. Jesus was/is perfect as God is perfect.
There is no other way ♥ How could any other than God Himself atone for our sin? Our redemption will only be complete through Gods standard...perfection through Him in the person of The Christ.
Thoughts? :)
If Christ is living out His life in us, we are "reckoned" perfect, though the Holy Spirit works to perfect us by God's grace.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
How could any BUT God incarnate atone for our sins?
This is the question which the naysayers and the cultists avoid, by making Jesus the archangel Michael. As though an archangel could atone for the sins of the whole world.

Denial of the deity of Christ is in fact denial of the whole Gospel and denial of the fact that the Bible is the written Word of God (which is another thing that is denied by many).

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
That's fine for the "pie in the sky" hereafter... but what about the "here and now?" We still have a definite "standard", although most of us want to say it no longer applies to us.
There's nothing pie in the sky about Gospel truth. As to the here and now, God's standard does not change.

Reactions: Nancy and Pearl

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
All those thousands of words though are just that - words...
We need to be careful here. Those are not just words but the living written Word, just as Christ is the living Word of God. Do you know that the Gospel is the power of God unto salvation to those who believe, and that it is the incorruptible seed of the New Birth?

Reactions: Nancy

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Perfection. And who BUT God is perfect? None. Jesus had to be God Himself, as only God is perfect...in ALL His ways. How could any BUT God incarnate atone for our sins? Anything less would not meet His standard. Jesus was/is perfect as God is perfect.
There is no other way ♥ How could any other than God Himself atone for our sin? Our redemption will only be complete through Gods standard...perfection through Him in the person of The Christ.
Thoughts? :)

You asked for thoughts Nancy, so here goes, (oy vey, but no fair laughing) :):) LoL

It is true God’s standard is perfection, but why?

May I propose;

Because for the expression of love.

For love to be expressed and received forever, between two or more persons. Perfection is the only ground that can both give and receive such a wonder. Perfection being the highest expression of a thing, and God’s desire was to give the highest expression of every good thing. Therefore perfection in all things is a mandatory necessity. Because God is love and for Him to fully express the love that is He Himself to all for all eternity, perfection is the only ground that could receive such a expression. Without actually exploding into a flame of fire, ( i.e. hell.)

Blessings,

Much love in Christ, Not me

Last edited:
Reactions: marks and Nancy

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
This thread is not about looking at others and judging them, it's about God's ultimate standard, and it is found in no other than Jesus, so...when we (Christians) are IN Jesus, God sees us differently. I am simply stating that we (Christians) ARE perfect in God's eyes - because we are in Christ, and through Him alone do we acquire perfection in God's eyes."Therefore from now on we recognize no one according to the flesh;. . .Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old things passed away; behold new things have come." 2 Corinthians 5:16-17" We are no longer recognized according to who we were in the flesh...God sees Jesus when He looks at us now, yes?
Who told you that you were naked?

imo you are appealing to a profession here to substitute for a confession, leads to salvation, right, iow the whole world is as forgiven as any Christian is or ever will be; forgiveness does not salvate anyone. And no no one gets respected any more than any other, based upon any profession of belief. The Good Samaritan is not interested in the least in our checklist for "saved" imo
God sees Jesus when He looks at us now, yes?
who is "us," pls :/
[/S]
That's just how hugely, unbelievably awesome He is
Wadr you are not a ____ing worm--that means something else anyway, honest--and it is not impossible either ok
Jesus did not die for your sins. Christ died "for" my sin, eating from the tree of knowledge, which we all watch little children do, one day, all of the time, as soon as they Found the world. Unless they never do in which case Christ is never crucified. Leave the world or stay in the tree, your choice, cue SP (South Park) pervert lol. Thumbs up!
Willie, I know there is and never will be a "perfect" human being (cept for Jesus) I think what I am trying to get at here is that God's standard, to be accepted by Him (salvation) is perfection. He knows WE cannot be perfect in the flesh, He knew it was impossible to live by the OT Law hence, Jesus - THE perfect sacrifice. God looks at us and He sees Jesus (hopefully) which is the reflection of Christ in HIS perfection. I am probably not making a whole lot of sense...sry.
The heir is under servants until he inherits, even though he is lord of all
so, you are making perfect sense for a worm, sure
careful about what you know, ok
what you know is what is killing you

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Very well said. Totally agree. :)
it's crap ok, sorry Helen elohim
We know that God is the only standard. But through love He knows that it is impossible for us worms. As Pat said, He sent Jesus.

I think when God checks us out...He is looking for a reflection of Himself.
( hence we have " If you have seen me you have seen the Father." )
"Image and likeness"

As has already been said ..impossible for us...but, we like Paul says - "press toward the Prize of the high calling .."

:)
I said "you are elohim"
Want a skin, then confess just like them! :D
Wanna hide behind that tree, don't confess
We just don't care, with our hands in the air...

oh no the rhyming pls pls don't get me started
I should way be in bed and i won't get to sleep for hours lol

I think when God checks us out--as if btw--He sees elohim,
unless they are hiding somewhere i tell you what
9So the LORD God called out to the man and said to him, "Where are you?"

Last edited:
Reactions: Helen

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
The replies all sound nice and churchy... "Spiritual", even. But, none of them come close to itemizing the standards God so carefully gave to human beings. We already have them written out for us.... God spent a good deal of time and Bible space making sure there could be no mistakes for us...
freed from the law of sin and death right?
John 5:22 Lexicon: "For not even the Father judges anyone, but He has given all judgment to the Son,

So, make all the mistakes you can i guess! :D
Before you hit the mark you gotta miss the mark, right?
lots of times prolly

Draw and shoot, dammit, doesn't matter if you completely miss the target
at first even imo, never mind the bullseye yikes!
Get out there and make a complete mess of it eh, wth are (you) scared of!

Ever sinned and confessed the same thing seven times?
If anyone here has gotten to three with the same person without changing their minds on that matter and rebounding, pls testify now lol

GI wonder why kids are into zombies now, huh?
Jeremiah 32:35 Lexicon: "They built the high places of Baal that are in the valley of Ben-hinnom to cause their sons and their daughters to pass through the fire to Molech, which I had not commanded them nor had it entered My mind that they should do this abomination, to cause Judah to sin.
no literal high places at all! no valleys to look out over with Two Eyes--high places that are in the valley of Ben-hinnom, no matter where they are!--and no chemical fire maybe.
Real fire, seething a kid in its mother's milk maybe, sure

2 Kings 21:6 Lexicon: He made his son pass through the fire, practiced witchcraft and used divination, and dealt with mediums and spiritists. He did much evil in the sight of the LORD provoking Him to anger.
Hey, everything we do right now, huh!
Every single thing, every one of us.

Any Believers here casting spells? Wanna bet? Bet i could fill a page with spell snips, how much you wanna bet believers? "We" could even do a poll, and crowd wisdom that if anyone likes? I tell you what when "spell" is defined next to them snips your skin is gonna crawl i bet. We're paying mancers to consult the dead for us already, may as well gamble a little too right.
Gamble, what gamble? :D easy money right? Come get some!

Can any Christians here say they know where they will be tomorrow?
That's divining--well, comes from it anyway, it's professing i guess--and ppl pay -mancers good money for this bad info, imo

Christians pay necromancers, who consult the dead
let the dead bury the dead
"Lord, first let me go and bury my father"

If going to a guy on the Gov payroll via your tax-deductibles could do you any good it would be illegal. You (well, not you) can be Ordained by tonight, and 501(6)c3(6)1023(6) in time for the first Solday in June, and i can even help (you) do it!

So no offense meant to anyone, k, i am not trying to judge anybody here, you wanna talk like you know then put your purse down ladies, and pick one, either/or just like ya like it right, what tf is it gonna be?

Because the Immigrants are Coming, ok, you can see that with your dang two eyes awright, and you may not see kings of the east...until they get here and you start the moaning about all the bennies they get at your expense huh? HA! They're gonna get free loans and free phones and free this and free that and lemme tell you they are not gonna be moaning at all about anything, working for min wage in McD's or Wally World is a goal for these...ha, whywhywhy i am doing this, gotta go find a White Man and lie to him right now, damn

Dang man, make me wanna start back bangin, i tell you what
gimme whores and pubes any day of the week lol
better sell that robe today!
Enough of that sword stuff already imo

Um, so, ya, i agree :)
Sad to say, "Yes, I have seen God living in us in hundreds of posts on this forum."
Sad? Or could you come again, i can't make this make sense in context ty Willie :)
Is the sauna on full blast yet there?

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
I'd say actual born a new creature, born from God now His spirit child, who is holy and righteous, and always will be
who is "we" there, arg already. Ok not right there,
implied from the post you are ansering
/:

Any Good Samaritans in that We?
Any Muslims?
Any claiming "Atheist?"

Any homosexuals?

Homospirituals up the wa zoo though, right, sacks to cracks,
all marching blindly in files and rows, not a rainbow coat anywhere
closets full of black, any of the real homos even own a white shirt lol?

Ever see em wear it?

Last edited:

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Jesus is our ultimate standard and none of us are ever going to reach that, but with the Holy Spirit working in our lives we can rise above our starting point.
Jesus says, be perfect even as your father in heaven is perfect. I don't think Jesus would have this if it were not possible.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
We need to be careful here. Those are not just words but the living written Word, just as Christ is the living Word of God. Do you know that the Gospel is the power of God unto salvation to those who believe, and that it is the incorruptible seed of the New Birth?
You're right of course, but without the Holy Spirit to impart them to us and give us understanding they are just words to those who do not have the enlightenment brought about by the Holy Spirit.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Jesus says, be perfect even as your father in heaven is perfect. I don't think Jesus would have this if it were not possible.
He does, and in Christ with the help of the Holy Spirit that is our goal. But it is a goal we will never achieve this side of heaven although being washed in the blood of the Lamb God sees us as sinless and holy.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Jesus is perfection. His perfection is His gift to us. But that gift remains IN Him. We need to go to Him to get it. We walk in His life as we abide in Him. But this is very difficult because we love our lives too dearly. We don't want to surrender our lives for another person to take over...even if it is Jesus Himself. The cost is just too high.

So then consequently God's standards have been reduced to what we can do in our own power...at a safe distance from God...always learning and getting "better" but never able to enter into what is already waiting for us right now in His perfection by faith.

People like the free stuff...the easy way. We like that somewhere inside of us Jesus is alive and makes an occasional appearance (maybe on sundays?)

But there is a whole realm to walk in by grace through faith....which is in HIS world, His kingdom.

But which world do we feel attached to? Do we adopt God's kingdom as our own world? Do we adopt Jesus Christ as OUR identity? Will we really exchange our lives for His so that His light might shine through us?

Or do we only seek to benefit somehow by God's generosity...because He is selfless even if we choose not to be as He is...while leaving God to live in His world and we in ours?

What is a safe distance to keep God away from us...I mean so that we don't "lose" ourselves?

There is a walk which Jesus gives to us...already perfected...His walk which is ours by grace through faith. But it costs us everything to get through that narrow door and walk that walk. That's the problem. We want heaven...but not now.

We choose to live our own lives...in hope that God will be generous towards us even as we refuse to forsake what we already have...for Him.

Last edited:

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Jesus is our ultimate standard and none of us are ever going to reach that, but with the Holy Spirit working in our lives we can rise above our starting point.

We are not meant to emulate Jesus Christ....well one can try and perhaps improve their conduct...which is good.

But for the Christian one is to enter into Christ and His perfection. Not I but Christ.

The walk of Jesus is already perfected...and we enter into that...ready made...by grace through faith. That is the scandal of the gospel. We are to BE perfect by putting on Christ...not by time and effort. This is really not about us.

But do we have faith in Jesus? Faith in God?

Do we realize that we can be walking right now in the power that resurrected Jesus from the dead? But then that is the sound doctrine that no one hears anymore!

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
He does, and in Christ with the help of the Holy Spirit that is our goal. But it is a goal we will never achieve this side of heaven although being washed in the blood of the Lamb God sees us as sinless and holy.

This is false. We are not seen by God one way while we behave in another way. This kind of teaching is from the evil one...that would have us NOT enter into Christ by faith. So we remain powerless in our own fleshly strength. This is to play into the hands of the enemy.

We don't have a goal. Nobody can ascend to heaven and it's perfection. Even a lifetime of trying won't do it.

It is by grace through faith. It is a gift. But one must forsake this world and one's own life to fit through the doorway into it.

Enter now by faith and BE perfect as God is. It is resurrection life. Being both dead in Christ AND alive in Christ. ALWAYS carrying the death of Jesus in us so that His life (perfect) might be made manifest through us into the world.

That is God's standard...and the gospel.

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All those thousands of words though are just that - words - but Jesus is The Word and without him we can't possibly hope to live as God requires us to live in holiness and righteousness and with faith.
That's still just mystic mumbo-jumbo when it comes right down to how we act in, for instance a land transaction, or a real estate dealing. Or the settling of Dad's will between our siblings? What are God's standard in those explicit cases? He spells it out in hundreds of places in the Bible.

Just saying, "Well, Jesus is in me, so I know 'perfectly' how to solve each of life's dilemmas." is more pie in the sky. (We may think we believe it, but without God's written words, we often don't even come close to acting it out.)

Last edited:
Reactions: Acolyte