Gods Standard is...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not sure that "good habit" is not an oxymoron tbh, still considering that. Do little kids have habits?
habits, especially the bad one that we all know, are done away with in Christ. 1 Corinthians 13:11 "When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things".

PICJAG.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
If they were and they always followed faithfully they would never fall into a ditch because they could not see.
Just in passing, funny how "could not see" or "could see" both work just fine in there, huh? "Could see" was what i was expecting, so i had to interpret what you meant, essentially a diff app for "because" in the sentence, "because" applied to a diff...the one prepositional phrase rather than the other? Also iyou guess the app of "never," where, what part(s) of the sentence we imagine that should be applied, seems to be playing in there.

Not sure how clear that is, but obv if they were and they always followed, they would never fall because they could see, right? Too, i mean.

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Perfection. And who BUT God is perfect? None. Jesus had to be God Himself, as only God is perfect...in ALL His ways. How could any BUT God incarnate atone for our sins? Anything less would not meet His standard. Jesus was/is perfect as God is perfect.
There is no other way ♥ How could any other than God Himself atone for our sin? Our redemption will only be complete through Gods standard...perfection through Him in the person of The Christ.
Thoughts? :)
Hello @Nancy,

'For in Him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.
And ye are
complete in Him, which is the head of all principality and power:
(Colossians 2:9-10)

The word 'complete' in this verse has the meaning of having been made perfect in Him. How wonderful this is, isn't it? I remember when, a long time ago now, when I saw this to be true, it had an enormous effect upon my life, in Christ. The wondrous knowledge of being accepted in the Beloved, of being complete in Him, took away all the striving and self examination, and placed my mind on Christ, and I could simply rejoice in Him.

Praise His Holy Name!

Thank you.
In Christ Jesus
Chris

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello @Nancy,

And ye are

The word 'complete' in this verse has the meaning of having been made perfect in Him. How wonderful this is, isn't it? I remember when, a long time ago now, when I saw this to be true, it had an enormous effect upon my life, in Christ. The wondrous knowledge of being accepted in the Beloved, of being complete in Him, took away all the striving and self examination, and placed my mind on Christ, and I could simply rejoice in Him.

Praise His Holy Name!

Thank you.
In Christ Jesus
Chris
Greeting, this is Good to see God people growing in grace. Hebrews 6:1 "Therefore leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on unto perfection; not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith toward God,
Hebrews 6:2 "Of the doctrine of baptisms, and of laying on of hands, and of resurrection of the dead, and of eternal judgment.
Hebrews 6:3 "And this will we do, if God permit.
Hebrews 6:4 "For [it is] impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost,
Hebrews 6:5 "And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come,
Hebrews 6:6 "If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put [him] to an open shame.
Hebrews 6:7 "For the earth which drinketh in the rain that cometh oft upon it, and bringeth forth herbs meet for them by whom it is dressed, receiveth blessing from God:
Hebrews 6:8 "But that which beareth thorns and briers [is] rejected, and [is] nigh unto cursing; whose end [is] to be burned.
Hebrews 6:9 "But, beloved, we are persuaded better things of you, and things that accompany salvation, though we thus speak.
Hebrews 6:10 "For God [is] not unrighteous to forget your work and labour of love, which ye have shewed toward his name, in that ye have ministered to the saints, and do minister.
Hebrews 6:11 "And we desire that every one of you do shew the same diligence to the full assurance of hope unto the end:
Hebrews 6:12 "That ye be not slothful, but followers of them who through faith and patience inherit the promises.
Hebrews 6:13 "For when God made promise to Abraham, because he could swear by no greater, he sware by himself,

Nancy, charity, and other, contuine to Grow in Grace, and in perfection which is only found in christ Jesus.

PICJAG

Reactions: WalterandDebbie

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
my question, to the rest of the trinity believers how can one person be "with" himself, and at the same time be "also" himself, "AND" is himself as the First and the Last.

Hi 101G,

Don't you just solve this question in the same way, just different? (I know)

You ask how a person can be "with" themself and be themself, the trinitarian answers that this is One Who is 3, but isn't your answer that this is One Who is with a later Self? This seems to me to be much the same sort of thing, that if I were to object on grounds to the first, the same grounds would give objection to the second.

Isn't that so?

Much love!

Reactions: bbyrd009

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ha well wadr that is the whole point of not letting someone else lead us, i think. My admittedly very brief forays into the exercise so far suggest a being still will manifest if...when i am prepared to let it
If the one who leads us is anyone else but God is not our goal that ditch?

"O LORD, I know that the way of man is not in himself: it is not in man that walketh to direct his steps." Jerem 10:23

In other words every man directing himself is really blind even though he may believe that he can see. We all need a leader but the only one who qualifies to lead us through dark places is God Himself. Any man who is called to lead had better also be following God.

"Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me." Psalm 23:4

Last edited:

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not sure that "good habit" is not an oxymoron tbh, still considering that. Do little kids have habits?
People do mix up what is good with what is evil.

"Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!" Isaiah 5:20

Jesus said what?

"... Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, God" Mark 10:18

Are there no "good habits"? If God is in the person keeping him on that pathway or showing how to do something habitually, is that that habit in that person, good?

The way a person forms an evil habit is when in his flesh he is led by the things of the world:

"For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world." I John 2:16

This is why the apostle Paul wrote these words:

"Quench not the Spirit" I Thess 5:19

Only by following the Spirit always may a person always do "good" things because only then is God always in those good things done. When we on the other hand quench the Spirit of God in us, we go back to our old ways [habits] following rather the "lust of the flesh", the "lust of the eyes" and the "pride of life" which lead us to sin... to evil.

But then again...

People do mix up what is good with what is evil.
"Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!" Isaiah 5:20

Little kids are taught by a "good" mother not to put their hands into an open flame. It usually becomes a good habit to keep his hands out of the fire.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just in passing, funny how "could not see" or "could see" both work just fine in there, huh? "Could see" was what i was expecting, so i had to interpret what you meant, essentially a diff app for "because" in the sentence, "because" applied to a diff...the one prepositional phrase rather than the other? Also iyou guess the app of "never," where, what part(s) of the sentence we imagine that should be applied, seems to be playing in there.

Not sure how clear that is, but obv if they were and they always followed, they would never fall because they could see, right? Too, i mean.
Understood and agreed.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello @Nancy,

And ye are

Praise His Holy Name!

Thank you.
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Hi Charity,
Oh yes indeed how wonderful it is!
"when I saw this to be true, it had an enormous effect upon my life, in Christ. The wondrous knowledge of being accepted in the Beloved, of being complete in Him, took away all the striving and self examination, and placed my mind on Christ, and I could simply rejoice in Him." YES!!! My experience was quite like that as well, I call them the "Ah Ha!" moments :) And, such relief and peace that comes with knowing this to be FACT!
"The word 'complete' in this verse has the meaning of having been made perfect in Him."
Yes, for sure...and this is how we CAN be perfect as our Father in Heaven is perfect ♥
Just to think of all we do NOT know...just makes you want to dig deeper, and 'He is a Rewarder of those who diligently seek Him'
We ARE made "Perfect in His love"
In Him always,
nancy

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
firstthings1sttab.tripod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Charity,
Oh yes indeed how wonderful it is!
"when I saw this to be true, it had an enormous effect upon my life, in Christ. The wondrous knowledge of being accepted in the Beloved, of being complete in Him, took away all the striving and self examination, and placed my mind on Christ, and I could simply rejoice in Him." YES!!! My experience was quite like that as well, I call them the "Ah Ha!" moments :) And, such relief and peace that comes with knowing this to be FACT!
"The word 'complete' in this verse has the meaning of having been made perfect in Him."
Yes, for sure...and this is how we CAN be perfect as our Father in Heaven is perfect ♥
Just to think of all we do NOT know...just makes you want to dig deeper, and 'He is a Rewarder of those who diligently seek Him'
We ARE made "Perfect in His love"
In Him always,
nancy
I say Amen! to the above.

Reactions: charity and Nancy

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi 101G,

Don't you just solve this question in the same way, just different? (I know)

You ask how a person can be "with" themself and be themself, the trinitarian answers that this is One Who is 3, but isn't your answer that this is One Who is with a later Self? This seems to me to be much the same sort of thing, that if I were to object on grounds to the first, the same grounds would give objection to the second.

Isn't that so?

Much love!
First thanks for the reply, No, but you're close to the money/the answer. second, here's why, because the Later one is himself. thanks ONE person later diversified. did not you hear what the Lord Jesus said, "he" made them male and female. "he" is a single desigination. and when he made the male and female he said man was made in "his" image, not "our" image. check Genesis 1:27.

now, let us clearly reveal the mystery to you. REMEMBER, God is PAST, PRESENT, and FUTURE at all times. you understand now?. what is the beginning for us is the end and the present for God. but God who is Spirit "MANIFESTED" himself at a certian period of time as the EQUAL SHARE of himself, that's all.

thanks for the question, and contuine to grow in grace.

PICJAG.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
First thanks for the reply, No, but you're close to the money/the answer. second, here's why, because the Later one is himself. thanks ONE person later diversified. did not you hear what the Lord Jesus said, "he" made them male and female. "he" is a single desigination. and when he made the male and female he said man was made in "his" image, not "our" image. check Genesis 1:27.

now, let us clearly reveal the mystery to you. REMEMBER, God is PAST, PRESENT, and FUTURE at all times. you understand now?. what is the beginning for us is the end and the present for God. but God who is Spirit "MANIFESTED" himself at a certian period of time as the EQUAL SHARE of himself, that's all.

thanks for the question, and contuine to grow in grace.

PICJAG.

But you are still placing those 'manifestations' as both separated by an eternity of time, and being together with each other.

God was with Himself. I suppose we wouldn't want to say, beside Himself.

Your solution contains a paradox just the same as the trinitarian solution.

And let us all grow in grace, and in much love!

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But you are still placing those 'manifestations' as both separated by an eternity of time, and being together with each other.

God was with Himself. I suppose we wouldn't want to say, beside Himself.

Your solution contains a paradox just the same as the trinitarian solution.

And let us all grow in grace, and in much love!
no paradox, just as the Lord Jesus was slain before the foundation of the world. it must be spiritually descern.

but thanks any way.

PICJAG.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
no paradox, just as the Lord Jesus was slain before the foundation of the world. it must be spiritually descern.

but thanks any way.

PICJAG.

But the Lord was not slain before the foundation of the world. The names were recorded in the book before the foundation of the world. Interpret with the parallel passage.

The Jesus was crucified within this space/time continuum, once for all, when the time was right.

"You are my son, today I have begotten you." There was a time when Jesus was the begotten of the Father, before that Jesus was seen in the Messenger of YHWH, my understanding.

Meanwhile, all whose names do not remain written in the Book of Life since the foundation of the world will worship the beast and his image.

Check it out.

:)

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But the Lord was not slain before the foundation of the world. The names were recorded in the book before the foundation of the world. Interpret with the parallel passage.

The Jesus was crucified within this space/time continuum, once for all, when the time was right.

"You are my son, today I have begotten you." There was a time when Jesus was the begotten of the Father, before that Jesus was seen in the Messenger of YHWH, my understanding.

Meanwhile, all whose names do not remain written in the Book of Life since the foundation of the world will worship the beast and his image.

Check it out.

:)
you must have missed what I have said, listen maybe this might open your eyes. scripture, Isaiah 46:8 "Remember this, and shew yourselves men: bring [it] again to mind, O ye transgressors.
Isaiah 46:9 "Remember the former things of old: for I [am] God, and [there is] none else; [I am] God, and [there is] none like me,
Isaiah 46:10 "Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times [the things] that are not [yet] done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure".

now was not Christ slain at the end? .... (smile).

PICJAG