God's Word does ""not"" teach that baptism is essential for salvation.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did Jesus say go and baptize all babies in the name of the...teaching them?
Are babies parts of "nations"? Or are only adults and children that are at the age of consent? Can a 35 year old mentally challenged person consent???

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What do they teach that is opposite?

Was Peter preaching to babies that killed Jesus in Acts 2?
The question was WHY are you staying....

I don't see an answer as to WHY your are staying...

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are babies parts of "nations"? Or are only adults and children that are at the age of consent? Can a 35 year old mentally challenged person consent???
Now you are saying that preaching to all nations involved preaching to newborns?

And yes, if they cannot consent mentally, they are innocent minded. this means they are infant minded, as Jesus said for such is the kingdom...

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matthew 28:18 "And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth."
Matthew 28:19 "Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:"
Matthew 28:20 "Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen."

well now, GISMYS_7, if you can show me a verse in the bible that our Lord said, "Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, AND DO NOT BAPTIZE them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:" well..........

now here's my points,
#1. only the Lord Jesus baptize with the Holy Spirit, and not the apostles. so please tell me what was the apostles to baptize with?

#2. if no one is to baptize, why send out these apostles out to baptize? maybe you can tell us what this baptizing is that the Lord sent them to do in all nations, in his name? will be looking for that answer.

#3. if they are to baptize, what are the instruction in the bible that they follow if NOT "WATER".... where are those instructions? because God don't tell you to do something without instructions

so I'll give you benifit of the doubt. I'll wait for your answers.

thanks in advance

Remember, Don't argue with 101G, argue with the scriptures, God Holy Word.

PICJAG
101G The "Spiritual Saboteur"

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You don't even know where or who I congregate with, nor my status with them.
That is true...I don't know. How can I know something if I have never been told it??? o_O

Triumph1300

Jan 11, 2018
Northern British Columbia, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
So, the children never grow up to make their own decisions?

There is such a thing as the "age of accountability" , which could be at different age for every child.
Mentally handicapped people never reach that age and are all going to heaven.
Is that in the Bible?
THIS I know: God is a "just God".
End of story. I am glad He is just.
Praise God.

Reactions: Truther

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lets get back to the OP.
God's Word does ""not"" teach that baptism is essential for salvation.
The proof is found in God's word--the word that has no contradictions. Clearly, salvation is by faith. For example, Rom. 5:1 states that we are justified (declared righteous) by faith. It does not say faith and baptism. If baptism were part of salvation, then it would say we were justified by faith and baptism. But it does ""not"". If justification is by faith, then it is by faith. Baptism is ""not"" faith. It is a ceremony. It is something we do as a ritual. Proof baptism does not save is the many unbelievers that get baptized to please family and friends but remain and die unbelievers and will be in hell! Furthermore, please consider the following verses which declare how we are saved.
  1. Rom. 3:22, "even the righteousness of God through faith in Jesus Christ for all those who believe; for there is no distinction."
  2. Rom. 3:26, "for the demonstration, I say, of His righteousness at the present time, that He might be just and the justifier of the one who has faith in Jesus."
  3. Rom. 3:28, "For we maintain that a man is justified by faith apart from works of the Law."
  4. Rom. 4:5, "But to the one who does not work, but believes in Him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is reckoned as righteousness."
  5. Baptism and John 3:5 | CARM.org
  6. Rom. 5:1, "Therefore having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ."
  7. Gal. 3:8, "And the Scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the Gentiles by faith, preached the gospel beforehand to Abraham."
  8. Gal. 3:24 , "Therefore the Law has become our tutor to lead us to Christ, that we may be justified by faith."
  9. Eph. 2:8, "For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God.
  10. Bsaptism saves NO one!!!

Reactions: Triumph1300

Triumph1300

Jan 11, 2018
Northern British Columbia, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
well now, GISMYS_7, if you can show me a verse in the bible that our Lord said, "Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, AND DO NOT BAPTIZE them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:" well..........

Show me any scripture that says "do not drive a car"....and on and on.
Well, I guess you got the picture.....

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, the children never grow up to make their own decisions?
Your father and mother made your salvation decisions for you?
Did they also make you marry someone?
Did Jacob and Esau grow up and make their own decisions?
Did Jacob's sons grow up and make their own decisions?
Did David grow up and make his own decisions?
Did Peter, Paul and the other Apostles grow up and make their own decisions?

EVERY SINGLE ONE of them entered into the Covenant with God based on the faith of their parents when they were circumcised as babies - and later made their own decisions as adults.

My daughter entered into the NEW Covenant based on the faith of her mother and me when she was Baptized as a baby - and now makes her own decisions as a woman in early adulthood.

Last edited:

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is true...I don't know. How can I know something if I have never been told it??? o_O
I hang out with these cool cats....

22 But ye are come unto mount Sion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels,

23 To the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect,

24 And to Jesus the mediator of the new covenant,....

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is such a thing as the "age of accountability" , which could be at different age for every child.
Mentally handicapped people never reach that age and are all going to heaven.
Is that in the Bible?
THIS I know: God is a "just God".
End of story. I am glad He is just.
Praise God.
Amen.

God will not throw innocent precious souls in hell.

Reactions: Triumph1300