God's Word does ""not"" teach that baptism is essential for salvation.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did the babies in the OT enter the Covenant through circumcision - or not?

I'll be right here waiting for your answer . . .
Did they circumcise themselves?

Or, was the covenant with the adults, who circumcised them?

Also, do you still use the brazen laver?

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Truther,

Did the babies born prior to Christ enter into a covenant by signing a document or verbal contract?

Answer: No, the parents entered them into that covenant by having them circumcised. Why did they do that Truther? (Time for you to study Scripture)

Colossians 2:11-12 makes it clear what the new covenant is: Baptism.

Soooo The Church teaches what Scripture teaches. Baptism is the new circumcision.

Scripture teaches that all in the household were baptized. Babies include “all”. What does your church teach?

Curious Mary
You just made the case for forced baptism.

I teach that anyone can be willingly baptized, with repentance and faith as the prerequisite.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Great.
Can you show me where the BIBLE states this

Chapter and Verse, please . . .
Rev 20.

Everyone that misses the 1st resurrection will be judged according to their works.

Case dismissed per the babies and innocent minds.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When you baptize babies, do they have your prior consent?

Do they cry with joy or because they are ticked off that you got them wet?
Yes, they have my prior consent from God. Have you not read Scripture?

Soooooo we should raise our children as pagans, non believers, agnostic etc. and let them figure it out at the “age of consent” (a Protestant theory)?

Please show me in Scripture where it teaches what you teach!!!

Here is what Scripture says: Train up a child in the way he should go; even when he is old he will not depart from it.

do not provoke your children to anger, but bring them up in the discipline and instruction of the Lord.

Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord, the fruit of the womb a reward.

Now they were bringing even infants to him that he might touch them. Let the children come to me, and do not hinder them, for to such belongs the kingdom of God.

Direct your children onto the right path, and when they are older, they will not leave it.

Soooo YOU, Truther, can wait until your child is at the age of consent to teach you child about Jesus and let them decide at that time if they want to be baptized.

As for me and my Christian family we have raised our children from birth as Christian. If you don’t they will fall prey to others.

Mary

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did they circumcise themselves?
Or, was the covenant with the adults, who circumcised them?
BINGO.
Now, you're showing me somethin' . . .

Just as babies in the OT entered the Covenant with God through circumcision by the faith of their PARENTS - parents in the NEW Covenant do the SAME per Acts 2:39 . . .
"For the promise is for you and for your CHILDREN and for ALL who are far off, everyone whom the Lord our God calls to himself.”

Reactions: Marymog

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rev 20.
Everyone that misses the 1st resurrection will be judged according to their works.
Case dismissed per the babies and innocent minds.
WRONG.
Where does it say that the case is "dismissed" for retarded/mentally challenged people?

Can you give me the verse at least??

As for babies - what about Num. 4:18?

Illuminator

Jan 11, 2020
Hamilton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Chapter and Verse, please . . .[/QUOTE]
The answer is a big fat NO.

Since God is a JUST GOD, severely, mentally challenged people will be saved.

And so are unbaptized babies when they die.

Great.
Can you show me where the Bible teaches this?

The greatest minds in Christendom struggled with this question for centuries. The answer is not found in the Bible; it has not been divinely revealed. We know the souls of unbaptized babies are commended to the mercy of God because the historic Church teaches it. Obviously, the Bible is not perfectly clear on every point. The method of baptism is not spelled out either, we rely on the unchanging tradition since the Apostles.

Reactions: Marymog

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The greatest minds in Christendom struggled with this question for centuries. The answer is not found in the Bible; it has not been divinely revealed. We know the souls of unbaptized babies are commended to the mercy of God because the historic Church teaches it. Obviously, the Bible is not perfectly clear on every point. The method of baptism is not spelled out either, we rely on the unchanging tradition since the Apostles.[/QUOTE]
You hit the nail right on the head.
Unfortunately for them - it is a death blow to Sola Scriptura . . .

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I teach that anyone can be willingly baptized, with repentance and faith as the prerequisite.
Lol.....no one is forcing the parents to baptize their children. They do it because Scripture teaches that entire households are baptized. You want to pretend that infants are not part of entire households that were baptized. You want to pretend that Scripture does not teach that baptism is the new convenient that replaces Circumcision. Scripture says “baptism now saves you”. It doesn’t say that belief AND baptism now saves you. If you teach your children that belief is the only things that saves them then you are teaching them opposite of Scripture.

Why would you stay in a church that teaches you things opposite of Scripture?

Curious Mary

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

YOU TEACH?????? Since when did your teaching have authority? Are you infallible????

Curious Mary

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, they have my prior consent from God. Have you not read Scripture?

Soooooo we should raise our children as pagans, non believers, agnostic etc. and let them figure it out at the “age of consent” (a Protestant theory)?

Please show me in Scripture where it teaches what you teach!!!

Here is what Scripture says: Train up a child in the way he should go; even when he is old he will not depart from it.

do not provoke your children to anger, but bring them up in the discipline and instruction of the Lord.

Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord, the fruit of the womb a reward.

Now they were bringing even infants to him that he might touch them. Let the children come to me, and do not hinder them, for to such belongs the kingdom of God.

Direct your children onto the right path, and when they are older, they will not leave it.

Soooo YOU, Truther, can wait until your child is at the age of consent to teach you child about Jesus and let them decide at that time if they want to be baptized.

As for me and my Christian family we have raised our children from birth as Christian. If you don’t they will fall prey to others.

Mary
Here is what ya do...

Teach your kids to believe in God.

Someday, as we intercede for them, they will want to be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of their sins.

They must go through their own individual "Egypt', then be delivered by God on a personal basis and be baptized by water, even as the Israelites were delivered as they passed through the water(Red Sea).

You want kids to have ZERO memory of how they were delivered.

I know, I had to be rebaptized as an adult.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
BINGO.
Now, you're showing me somethin' . . .

Just as babies in the OT entered the Covenant with God through circumcision by the faith of their PARENTS - parents in the NEW Covenant do the SAME per Acts 2:39 . . .
"For the promise is for you and for your CHILDREN and for ALL who are far off, everyone whom the Lord our God calls to himself.”
So, the children never grow up to make their own decisions?

Your father and mother made your salvation decisions for you?

Did they also make you marry someone?

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
WRONG.
Where does it say that the case is "dismissed" for retarded/mentally challenged people?

Can you give me the verse at least??

As for babies - what about Num. 4:18?
Will aborted babies go to hell?

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lol.....no one is forcing the parents to baptize their children. They do it because Scripture teaches that entire households are baptized. You want to pretend that infants are not part of entire households that were baptized. You want to pretend that Scripture does not teach that baptism is the new convenient that replaces Circumcision. Scripture says “baptism now saves you”. It doesn’t say that belief AND baptism now saves you. If you teach your children that belief is the only things that saves them then you are teaching them opposite of Scripture.

Why would you stay in a church that teaches you things opposite of Scripture?

Curious Mary
No, you force children to be baptize without their consent, via the parents.

Babies do not consent, nor do they repent, nor do they have any memory of the event....Hey, I rhymed!

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
YOU TEACH?????? Since when did your teaching have authority? Are you infallible????

Curious Mary
Yes I teach.

My authority comes from accurately depicting the scriptures properly, so the scriptures I teach are infallible.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here is what ya do...

Teach your kids to believe in God.

Someday, as we intercede for them, they will want to be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of their sins.

They must go through their own individual "Egypt', then be delivered by God on a personal basis and be baptized by water, even as the Israelites were delivered as they passed through the water(Red Sea).

You want kids to have ZERO memory of how they were delivered.

I know, I had to be rebaptized as an adult.
Good Morning Truther,

Thank you for your sincere response. I referenced Scripture to support my Christian beliefs/practices. You didn't.....instead you gave your opinion!! :(

Christ said go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teach them to obey everything I have commanded you.

You say "teach your kids to believe in God" and that our children "must go through their own individual "Egypt'".

I think I will do what Jesus told me to do and not do what you are suggesting. :rolleyes:

None the less...thank you for your time.....Mary

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, you force children to be baptize without their consent, via the parents.

Babies do not consent, nor do they repent, nor do they have any memory of the event....Hey, I rhymed!
Why are you staying in a church that teaches you opposite of Scripture?

(love the rhyme)

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good Morning Truther,

Thank you for your sincere response. I referenced Scripture to support my Christian beliefs/practices. You didn't.....instead you gave your opinion!! :(

Christ said go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teach them to obey everything I have commanded you.

You say "teach your kids to believe in God" and that our children "must go through their own individual "Egypt'".

I think I will do what Jesus told me to do and not do what you are suggesting. :rolleyes:

None the less...thank you for your time.....Mary
Did Jesus say go and baptize all babies in the name of the...teaching them?

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes I teach.

My authority comes from accurately depicting the scriptures properly, so the scriptures I teach are infallible.
Hmmmm.......YOU accurately and properly depict Scripture......Fascinating....:cool:

Thank you for your time.....Mary

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why are you staying in a church that teaches you opposite of Scripture?

(love the rhyme)
What do they teach that is opposite?

Was Peter preaching to babies that killed Jesus in Acts 2?