God's Wrath Upon Jesus on The Cross??

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So do you believe Christ was punished by God, bruised by the Father, suffered the penalty of sin death because of the sins of those He died for being charged to Him ? Yes or no ?

Wait a minute, you really expect me to answer your silly LOADED questions?

I'll answer the ONLY one you ask that isn't silly, and that is whether or not if I believe in Christ Jesus as a SUBSTITUTE for sin upon His cross, and my answer is YES! DEFINITELY YES!

But did you know some who 'claim' to be a Christian do NOT believe Jesus' death on the cross served as a 'substitution' for sin? Those are actually unbelievers, and not Christians.

Of course Jesus suffered on His cross, anyone with common sense knows that. So to ask that kind of question is kind of silly.

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
davy

Wait a minute, you really expect me to answer your silly LOADED questions?

Yes, and I dont see how its loaded nor silly !

I'll answer the ONLY one you ask that isn't silly, and that is whether or not if I believe in Christ Jesus as a SUBSTITUTE for sin upon His cross, and my answer is YES! DEFINITELY YES!

Substitute ? I agree, but that entailed dying for sin, the penalty of sin is death Rom 6:23 so He suffered the penalty of sin, death, for others who deserves to suffer the death penalty for their sins, correct ?

I dont see how its a silly loaded question. My point is whether or not you call His Death for the penalty of sins, Gods wrath, or not, it makes no real difference. He suffered the death penalty of sin for others, and God for them was propitiated. You know what propitiated means ?

Reactions: L.A.M.B.

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Some ppl twist scripture so bad without the understanding of the Spirit. It is better to be SILIENT than show what total ignorance you possess in lack of understanding IF you even study !

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Some ppl twist scripture so bad without the understanding of the Spirit. It is better to be SILIENT than show what total ignorance you possess in lack of understanding IF you even study !

Better to remain silent like you've just done with this vague post example???

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Only about four times! I just ordered the Foxes book of Martyrs and The Question of God: CS Lewis, and a Grief Observed also by C.S.Lewis. Got them all for 23 dollars at Thriftbooks.

Which is mostly legend of how some of the Apostles died and not actual hard evidence. The stories of later era persecution are more accurate. And C.S. Lewis was a pagan before he converted to Christ, so I'd still be careful of his writings, because The Chronicles of Narnina still had some pagan 'magic' elements in it. And what does belial 'magic' have to do with Christ?

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Which is mostly legend of how some of the Apostles died and not actual hard evidence. The stories of later era persecution are more accurate. And C.S. Lewis was a pagan before he converted to Christ, so I'd still be careful of his writings, because The Chronicles of Narnina still had some pagan 'magic' elements in it. And what does belial 'magic' have to do with Christ?
Never was interested in the Chronicles. And, we were all pagans before Christ. He was raised a strict Episcopalian, left the church as a teen and went on to join COE in his 20's. No one has ALL truth and as yet, have not found anything off with C.S.
Also, If I had to agree with everything anyone said...I would have to just stop reading :( God gives me discernment as I pray for that all the time from years back. I loved the man, very humble.
:My2c:

Reactions: Lambano

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Never was interested in the Chronicles. And, we were all pagans before Christ. He was raised a strict Episcopalian, left the church as a teen and went on to join COE in his 20's. No one has ALL truth and as yet, have not found anything off with C.S.
Also, If I had to agree with everything anyone said...I would have to just stop reading :( God gives me discernment as I pray for that all the time from years back. I loved the man, very humble.
:My2c:

I disagree about C.S. Lewis. I've seen the movie Chronicles of Narnina that he wrote as a Christian. Too much magic in it for me, which wasn't any different than the magic movies and TV shows aimed at little children today. I'm also surprised at how so many brethren will allow their children to watch Harry Potter when all that is pushing is witchcraft and magic.

Reactions: Nancy