Going on Hospice Today.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Gabriel _Arch

Nov 16, 2023
Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I didn't know Medicare pays for Hospice care.
My homebound, disabled mom is going to be 94 in February.

I have been taking care of her for fourteen months now. She declined a lot after a hospital stay in October 2022.
God bless you and your mom.

Her hospital experience reminded me of a workmate. She had been admitted to the ER for emergency surgery. While there she contracted Pneumonia.

Reactions: amadeus and Debp

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't believe that there are miracles or revelations today. This is the age of faith, Romans 1:17. The greatest miracle has already happened, the incarnation of Jesus Christ.
this is my last reply-------> i never said anything about miracles . i was offering you encouragement at least trying

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I thought you were trying to offer him encouragement.
There are those whom dress in sackcloth and ashes of mourning not to offer encouragement but to give the last push to others.

Who needs these.

Our brother, Robert, is looking in faith to the promises of God in laying down these mortal coils preparing to receive the incorruptible body set for eternity with our God.

Rest well in him when you sleep, Robert as you have rested well in him in this life!

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
what is your offer?
See my post here and his other threads or do you NOT read a whole thread before engaging?

I envy his journey and look forward to my own laying down of this earthly tabernacle and resting until the glories of the Lord are presented to his believers !

Reactions: amadeus and marks

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
See my post here and his other threads or do you NOT read a whole thread before engaging?

I envy his journey and look forward to my own laying down of this earthly tabernacle!
i have read your post from post one to the last one. i offered him a hope not some death bed heluations. many in there last days has been ushered into the presence of the Lord. by the holy spirit. there are things those in the process of going home can see that we cant. just like the pastor quoting the book of James. that was not just a chemical reaction of dieing . does this happen to all? no it did not with my dad in the Hospital. they had just sat him up and he went out to glory . but he could of very well seen a heavenly vision

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i have read your post from post one to the last one. i offered him a hope not some death bed heluations. many in there last days has been ushered into the presence of the Lord. by the holy spirit. there are things those in the process of going home can see that we cant. just like the pastor quoting the book of James. that was not just a chemical reaction of dieing . does this happen to all? no it did not with my dad in the Hospital. they had just sat him up and he went out to glory . but he could of very well seen a heavenly vision
Ok, if I misunderstood you as can happen in writing & conversations also, I'm sorry.

I however hope to not have Job's friends as I pass, to the relevancy or encouragement thereof.

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I however hope to not have Job's friends as I pass, to the relevancy or encouragement thereof.
not on my end i have buddies i have talk to that has major issues going on. i talk to them encourage get in church each one has their own battle .both are prisoners' of there own home

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The word "Hospice" means "A place of rest or shelter, usually maintained by a religious order for pilgrims and travelers. (Funk & Wagnalls Dictionary)

Life is like a journey. I have been on a journey for a very long time. I have been down in the valleys and I have been on the mountain tops. Life is also like going down a river on a canoe, you don't know what is around the next bend. Perhaps there is a water fall or a bunch of jagged rocks. Some how we manage to get through the obstacles of our journey, but not all make it. I have lost many friends through accidents and wars. Some were very young.

Hospice is really a small team of people that help you die. The object is to try and keep you comfortable until you take your last breath. This may sound strange to some, but I am really looking forward to hospice. "To be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord" 2 Corinthians 5:6. I intend to continue to stay on the Forum as long as I can.
Praying that they are keeping you as comfortable as they can ,in your new surroundings.....

Reactions: TheHC and amadeus

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Robert, just wanted to say hi and to see how you are doing lately.
God bless you.
Thanks for your interest.

I have stage 4 prostate cancer, some of the cancer is in my upper chest. I have been trying to find out how long I have to live, but no one seems to know. Hospice is here twice a week now. They use to come just once a week. I guess they know something that I don't. The Chaplin is still coming once a week. I enjoy talking theology with him. I think that he may have some Calvinist beliefs. He seems to open to the Gospel and justification by faith. I am not on the Forum as much as I was, just to weak and tired.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I have stage 4 prostate cancer, some of the cancer is in my upper chest. I have been trying to find out how long I have to live, but no one seems to know. Hospice is here twice a week now. They use to come just once a week. I guess they know something that I don't. The Chaplin is still coming once a week. I enjoy talking theology with him. I think that he may have some Calvinist beliefs. He seems to open to the Gospel and justification by faith. I am not on the Forum as much as I was, just to weak and tired.
Continuing to pray with you and for you. God knows how much time we have. In the scripture as I recall only King Hezekiah was given a definite time frame. Just hold onto Him my friend and be always ready for the final day and hour.

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

My uncle had cancer all throughout his body. One of his nieces let him move in with her and she took care of him.

He had no pain thank God. And he was ready to go to be with the Lord. He passed away peacefully in his sleep this past February. They had discovered the cancer after Thanksgiving.

The important thing is no pain I think. The Lord give you a peaceful passing.

Reactions: amadeus

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My uncle had cancer all throughout his body. One of his nieces let him move in with her and she took care of him.

He had no pain thank God. And he was ready to go to be with the Lord. He passed away peacefully in his sleep this past February. They had discovered the cancer after Thanksgiving.

The important thing is no pain I think. The Lord give you a peaceful passing.
That was good that he had someone to take care of him. I know that people abuse drugs, but they help people to die without pain. What would we do without them? I am hoping to graduate from hospice. The nurse said that some do, but that I should not get my hopes up, especially with stage 4 cancer. Stage 4 means that it is spreading. I just don't like the unknown. How long is this going to take? A month? Six months? I feel helpless. I am used to being in charge. I am no longer in charge, and I don't like it. The Lord is in charge, but he won't tell me when I am going to die either.

Reactions: amadeus

Hepzibah

Aug 13, 2012
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Robert there are substances, not pharma, that slow down or stop cancer growth even stage 4 read Chris Beat Cancer - a Christian. It might be too late but things can help especially the mind.

Reactions: TheHC and TLHKAJ