Golden Harps

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Grat

Feb 18, 2008
Sydney, Australia
Shouting, praising, falling mute, jumping, dancing. singing, prostrating, standing still and worshiping. That'll get me through the first part of eternity.
Then there are the wonders of God to explore, I'd love to think we're able to explore all of the wonders that God's hidden throughout all of creation, from the depths, through the heights and into space. Gaze at a nebulas and stand on a brontasurus are on my list.
A favourite song at the moment is "I can only imagine" from MercyMe. the chorus goes:
Surrounded by Your glory, what will my heart feel
Will I dance for you Jesus or in awe of you be still
Will I stand in your presence or to my knees will I fall
Will I sing hallelujah, will I be able to speak at all
I can only imagine
Here is the full lyrics http://www.lyrics007.com/MercyMe%20Lyrics/I%20Can%20Only%20Imagine%20Lyrics.html
Here is the song
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWMk_MoFTFM
You know what my favourite job in heaven is? Revelation 3:12.

fivesense

Mar 7, 2010
WI
Shouting, praising, falling mute, jumping, dancing. singing, prostrating, standing still and worshiping. That'll get me through the first part of eternity.
Then there are the wonders of God to explore, I'd love to think we're able to explore all of the wonders that God's hidden throughout all of creation, from the depths, through the heights and into space. Gaze at a nebulas and stand on a brontasurus are on my list.
A favourite song at the moment is "I can only imagine" from MercyMe. the chorus goes:
Surrounded by Your glory, what will my heart feel
Will I dance for you Jesus or in awe of you be still
Will I stand in your presence or to my knees will I fall
Will I sing hallelujah, will I be able to speak at all
I can only imagine
Here is the full lyrics http://www.lyrics007...e%20Lyrics.html
Here is the song
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=mWMk_MoFTFM
You know what my favourite job in heaven is? Revelation 3:12.

The first time I heard this song, I just completely broke down, sobbing like an wounded kid. I was so flooded by my emotions, that what was once dead became alive again. There have been times when worship songs I heard just undermined my self-control, and sent me spinning off into a state of brokenness and weeping in a realization of who He is, and what He means to me. It is a pity that the unregenerate and proud cannot, and may never in this lifetime, enter into such a blessed state of humiliation.
fivesense

Training and capacitation.

To what end?
fivesense

Singing and Praising God's name

We will all have perfected voices then, so that will be something to shake the universe with, won't it. I saw a car commercial where the engine was revved up to such a high speed and with such a finely engineered engine, it broke a champagne glass. At least that's what they made it appear to do. Perfect pitched voices, myriads of them, sounding out His name and glory, wow...
fivesense

fivesense

Mar 7, 2010
WI
prepareing to return to earth
rolleyes.gif

I would like to agree with you on this, gregg, but since the Bible speaks opposite of this, I prefer to retain the truth over a fable.

[There is] one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling; Eph 4:4

It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body. And so it is written,
The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam [was made] a quickening spirit. Howbeit that [was] not first which is spiritual,
but that which is natural; and afterward that which is spiritual. The first man [is] of the earth, earthy: the second man
[is] the Lord from heaven. As [is] the earthy, such [are] they also that are earthy: and as [is] the heavenly, such [are] they also
that are heavenly. 1Cor 15:43-48

Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;)
And hath raised [us] up together, and made [us] sit together in heavenly [places] in Christ Jesus: Eph 2:5-6

Therefore if any man [be] in Christ, [he is] a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new. 2C 5:17

For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision, but a new creature. Ga 6:15

There is no mention of us, the Body of Christ, ever living on the earth once we have been changed. The Bride of the Lamb, Israel's elect, are said to be present on the earth for a thousand years, not us. Spiritual beings do not inhabit the environment they were not created for. They are spirit, not flesh. We will be spirit beings as Christ is, and our home will ever be with the Lord in heaven, not on the earth. The belief that we will somehow return to physical bodies and mill about on the terra firma is a falsehood rooted in not correctly dividing the word of truth.

Should you believe that you are Jewish and part of the Bride of the Lambkin (there is no such thing as the Bride of Christ in the Bible), then that indeed would be your expectation, to inherit the earth. For those who are not of Israel in the flesh, and are the chosen, called, and elect of the nations, there is only one expectation, one hope, and that is being transformed at His appearing, and becoming like Him, a life-giving spirit.

fivesense

evanom

May 8, 2010
Bogota Colombia
To what end?
fivesense

As Gregg said, we will return to Earth, so training and capacitation is what i expect. For what? There are a number of positions mentioned in the Bible: judges, kings, priest, the Bride, etc. So whoever makes it to one of these positions will surely have to have some type of capacitation in order to be able to rule and/or operate in Christ's kingdom.

Heaven is only very temporary for us. Humans were created to live on Earth. God didn't mess up. He's returning us all once there's a new heaven and new earth. Humans will not evolve into spirit beings either. God created everything in it's own kind. He didn't mess up. We're all getting new bodies. Even Jesus got a new (physical) body, albeit with scars of His past.

So God's gonna return everything to it's right place and in it's right order: perfect man co-living with God (Jesus) on Earth, just like Adam.

fivesense

Mar 7, 2010
WI
As Gregg said, we will return to Earth, so training and capacitation is what i expect. For what? There are a number of positions mentioned in the Bible: judges, kings, priest, the Bride, etc. So whoever makes it to one of these positions will surely have to have some type of capacitation in order to be able to rule and/or operate in Christ's kingdom.

Heaven is only very temporary for us. Humans were created to live on Earth. God didn't mess up. He's returning us all once there's a new heaven and new earth. Humans will not evolve into spirit beings either. God created everything in it's own kind. He didn't mess up. We're all getting new bodies. Even Jesus got a new (physical) body, albeit with scars of His past.

So God's gonna return everything to it's right place and in it's right order: perfect man co-living with God (Jesus) on Earth, just like Adam.

Evenom, I am surprised. I suppose being sown natural and raised spiritual and then downgraded to a human again, far from the spirit sons we are promised to become, may be alright for some. But my Father justified us and glorified us with new creation spirit bodies, ready to be put upon by us at His coming in clouds. I would not think that God would take us so near to being like His image, Spirit, only to regress us back to flesh. It would be backwards not forwards, toward becoming sons of God. There is no logic here, only contradiction.

Every passage I posted gives clear truth as to our being and becoming spiritual beings, not earthy. Is it that you do not believe these passages? I am forced to admit that correctly dividing the word of truth has caused me to have a different understanding than most do, but these passages do not say we will become flesh again, and you fail to provided the proof of that.

I would point out to you that the many references of the OT to Israel as God's wife, passages I am sure you are familiar with, apply to the Chosen People, not us. We are not the Bride of the Lambkin. Paul never once makes such a statement, and he is the only Apostle God gave to us, the nations, for faith in Christ. I believe that therein lies the problem for you and I; I believe Paul to be the only one commissioned by God to reveal truth to us, and departing from his teachings, or mixing them with the Circumcision truths is error and confusion. The Lord's gospel of the Kingdom is "do and live", Paul's is "Live and do". They are different if you examine them carefully.
And do not forget that after the Lord was glorified and seated at the right hand of the Father as a life-giving spirit, He was sent to earth to commission Paul directly, face to face. He appeared to no one else in His glorified state, not even the twelve apostles. This should be carefully considered as it is very significant.

fivesense

judd

Apr 2, 2010
Nigeria
wow, very nice question.

If Almighty God grants me heaven entry, i will ask so many unanswered questions. Hey, won't you get bored or tired when you get there? will there be rest in heaven?

fivesense

Mar 7, 2010
WI
wow, very nice question.

If Almighty God grants me heaven entry, i will ask so many unanswered questions. Hey, won't you get bored or tired when you get there? will there be rest in heaven?

Being like Him, clothed in the fulness of the glorious body made in His likeness, shining brilliantly, needing nothing but a command to move anywhere in the universe at His bidding, I doubt that will be too boring. No distractions, no McDonald's, no time clock, just freedom to obey and be blessed. Questions? All will be answered. Weariness? And what are we to think makes a spirit tired? Nourishment will be the life of the One Who is Life. Our spirits, united with His will never know weariness nor hunger ever again. Judd will completed and fulfilled without end in everything.
fivesense

evanom

May 8, 2010
Bogota Colombia
I would like to agree with you on this, gregg, but since the Bible speaks opposite of this, I prefer to retain the truth over a fable.

[There is] one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling; Eph 4:4

It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body. And so it is written,
The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam [was made] a quickening spirit. Howbeit that [was] not first which is spiritual,
but that which is natural; and afterward that which is spiritual. The first man [is] of the earth, earthy: the second man
[is] the Lord from heaven. As [is] the earthy, such [are] they also that are earthy: and as [is] the heavenly, such [are] they also
that are heavenly. 1Cor 15:43-48

Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;)
And hath raised [us] up together, and made [us] sit together in heavenly [places] in Christ Jesus: Eph 2:5-6

Therefore if any man [be] in Christ, [he is] a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new. 2C 5:17

For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision, but a new creature. Ga 6:15

There is no mention of us, the Body of Christ, ever living on the earth once we have been changed. The Bride of the Lamb, Israel's elect, are said to be present on the earth for a thousand years, not us. Spiritual beings do not inhabit the environment they were not created for. They are spirit, not flesh. We will be spirit beings as Christ is, and our home will ever be with the Lord in heaven, not on the earth. The belief that we will somehow return to physical bodies and mill about on the terra firma is a falsehood rooted in not correctly dividing the word of truth.

Should you believe that you are Jewish and part of the Bride of the Lambkin (there is no such thing as the Bride of Christ in the Bible), then that indeed would be your expectation, to inherit the earth. For those who are not of Israel in the flesh, and are the chosen, called, and elect of the nations, there is only one expectation, one hope, and that is being transformed at His appearing, and becoming like Him, a life-giving spirit.

fivesense

Fivesense, the Bible speaks of us being spiritual,or of a spiritual nature (i.e. dedicated to God in praise, worship and sanctity) and rejecting the carnal nature (coruuption, sin) as pointed out in your above examples. It doesn;t speak of us transforming into something we are not (spirit beings). God created man and that's who He is redeeming. The purpose of the Bible isn't about transforming man into a new, more evolved species; it's simply about rescuing him. Even Jesus is still a man! (1 Tim 2:5). Jesus didn't become a new species at resurection; He was still God and still man. But His position changed. He became exalted over everything and was seated at the right hand of God. We also change position, not genre. That's it, really. The Bible road map is to return us to that point of perfection from where we derailed: being human beings, living on earth, co-habitating with God.

Read the APocalypse. If you're truly into "rightly dividing" the word, than analyze that:

1- Jesus's return is to permenantly live on Earth, not in heaven. His follower's are all returned to Earth co-habitating with Him.

2- The Bride of the Lamb is NOT on Earth during His 1000 year reign but comes after, when the old heaven and earth pass.

3- Everyone of us are HUMAN. No angel wings, no supernatural powers, just typical humans in new (flesh) bodies that are without corruption.

gregg

Oct 16, 2009
arab
im going to get my head tattoo my bright robe to live in learn some lyric to some cool music and alot of fellowship :rolleyes:

brionne

May 31, 2010
Australia

I have to say that i totally agree with Gregg.
I also agree with you that those who are called for the heavenly hope indeed will not return to earth, but one thing that is often neglected is the fact that there will be many people who will still be living on earth...i also hope to be one of them.

Isaiah 45:18 tells us that the earth was created for habitation...it would be wrong to assume that God is going to put everyone in heaven and leave the earth uninhabited.

Jesus made a very clear distinction in Luke 12:32 when he was speaking with his apostles that they were a 'little flock' whereas in Revelation 7:9 a 'great crowd' of believers are refered to as 'standing before the throne' thus indicating that they are not sitting on thrones as the elect will be who enter the heavenly kingdom.

For those who are not of Israel in the flesh, and are the chosen, called, and elect of the nations, there is only one expectation, one hope, and that is being transformed at His appearing, and becoming like Him, a life-giving spirit.

fivesense

You may remember Jesus own words at John 10:16 about the 'other sheep who were not of this fold'
These other sheep are a part of Jesus followers but they have a different hope to the hope that his apostles had. In Matthew 25:32-33, 34-35, 40 Jesus explained that there is a difference between the sheep who are saved and his 'brothers' because the sheep did 'good' toward Christs brothers thus showing that the two groups are different.

Also just one more thing to consider....the elect are said to be priests in heaven Rev 1:6. The purpose of christs elect are to act/serve as priests in heaven along side christ as he guides the nations back to God as Revelation 7:13-14, 17 shows.
So if thats the purpose of the elect, then it stands to reason that not all of us are of that small group...there is a much larger group who will inherit the earth and work together to fulfill its original purpose

Matt 5:5 'happy are the mild tempered since they will inherit the earth'
Psalm 37:11 “The meek shall inherit the earth; and shall delight themselves in the abundance of peace”

Im 100% confident that the elect have an incredible future ahead of them, but im equally confident that those of the other sheep wil have an equally incredible future ahead of them also. :)

I have to say that i totally agree with Gregg.
I also agree with you that those who are called for the heavenly hope indeed will not return to earth, but one thing that is often neglected is the fact that there will be many people who will still be living on earth...i also hope to be one of them.

Isaiah 45:18 tells us that the earth was created for habitation...it would be wrong to assume that God is going to put everyone in heaven and leave the earth uninhabited.

Jesus made a very clear distinction in Luke 12:32 when he was speaking with his apostles that they were a 'little flock' whereas in Revelation 7:9 a 'great crowd' of believers are refered to as 'standing before the throne' thus indicating that they are not sitting on thrones as the elect will be who enter the heavenly kingdom.

You may remember Jesus own words at John 10:16 about the 'other sheep who were not of this fold'
These other sheep are a part of Jesus followers but they have a different hope to the hope that his apostles had. In Matthew 25:32-33, 34-35, 40 Jesus explained that there is a difference between the sheep who are saved and his 'brothers' because the sheep did 'good' toward Christs brothers thus showing that the two groups are different.

Also just one more thing to consider....the elect are said to be priests in heaven Rev 1:6. The purpose of christs elect are to act/serve as priests in heaven along side christ as he guides the nations back to God as Revelation 7:13-14, 17 shows.
So if thats the purpose of the elect, then it stands to reason that not all of us are of that small group...there is a much larger group who will inherit the earth and work together to fulfill its original purpose

Matt 5:5 'happy are the mild tempered since they will inherit the earth'
Psalm 37:11 “The meek shall inherit the earth; and shall delight themselves in the abundance of peace”

Im 100% confident that the elect have an incredible future ahead of them, but im equally confident that those of the other sheep wil have an equally incredible future ahead of them also. :)