'Good' in Genesis 1

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I fully agree, did you mean to say Eve however? I seriously doubt she added to it, the Bible is vague in most details, especially in it's opening chapters John 21:25
'And the LORD God commanded the man, saying,
Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat:
But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil,
thou shalt not eat of it:
for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.'

(Gen 2:16-17)

Hello Robert Gwin,

The words of God above were spoken to Adam, but were made known to Eve, for she attempted to quote them in her response to Satan's question in 3:1, 'Yea, hath God said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden?' In her attempt she not only misquoted but added to the words of God:-

'And the woman said unto the serpent,
We may eat of the fruit of the trees of the garden:
But of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden,
God hath said,
Ye shall not eat of it,
neither shall ye touch it,
lest ye die.'

(Gen 3:2-3)

Eve was beguiled by Satan's subtilty, yes (2 Corinthians 11:3). but she also misquoted and added to the words of God, so that they were made of none-effect in her defence against this beings cunning.

Our Saviour in his defence, when He was tempted of the Lord responded with God's word, quoting it accurately and effectively. Which should cause us to carefully quote the words of God ourselves and certainly not add to them.

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
One could ask..
What profit does God receive for creating a world for mankind?
He worked and laboured 6 days created the 7th day to rest in it.
In what?
His creation.
US.
The Son of man has nowhere to lay his head....
When Adam and Eve fell from Grace,
what was the Lord profitted by that?
The profit was hope, faith, charity..
The fruits needed a place to take root and to grow.
If the ground was not laboured in, if it was not worked...
what would be the pleasure of having a garden in the first place?

When you work at something, like a garden, you work the land, plant the seed, and hope for a good harvest.
When God created everything.... He also created HOPE.. to rest in.
But there are weeds in the garden..
Ecc 3:2 A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted;

The verse that catches my eye:

Ecc 3:15 That which hath been is now; and that which is to be hath already been; and God requireth that which is past.

That which was and is and is yet to come... is now.
Time is always moving.
And we are always in it.

I was thinking about a vinyl record (it's been awhile I know)
and every song had a line where it began and ended before and after that song.
When the record had ended, the needle would lift and restart at the beginning.
I think the world is like a record.
The lines are markers or generations, and each "age" is a song.
And at the end of ages, the record begins again.

Always creating and recreating.... like a garden goes through seasons.
There is a time and a season for everything under the sun.
And it was created for us.

just thinking..
thank you
Hugs

Thank you, Ziggy,
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Reactions: Taken

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
'And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.
And God saw the light, that it was good:
(H2896)
and God divided the light from the darkness.'
(Gen 1:3-4)

Hello there,

I opened my Bible to the first chapter of Genesis and started to read, and was arrested by the word 'good', for I remembered a debate in which it was argued that if everything that God made was good how could evil come from it? or something to that effect.

In my Bible's marginal notes the word, 'good' equals 'beautiful', and reference is made to Ecclesiastes 3:11, and I'm sorry but I have to quote it within it's context (ie., vv. 10-15):-

'What profit hath he that worketh in that wherein he laboureth?
I have seen the travail, which God hath given to the sons of men to be exercised in it.
.. He hath made every thing beautiful in His time:
(H3303)
.... also He hath set the world (ie., the age) in their heart,
...... so that no man can find out the work that God maketh
........ from the beginning to the end.
I know that there is no good in them,
.. but for a man to rejoice,
.... and to do good in his life.
...... And also that every man should eat and drink,
........ and enjoy the good of all his labour,
.......... it is the gift of God.
I know that, whatsoever God doeth, it shall be for ever:
.. nothing can be put to it, nor any thing taken from it:
.... and God doeth it, that men should fear before Him.
That which hath been is now;
.. and that which is to be hath already been;
.... and God requireth that which is past.'

* This is an amazing portion of Scripture, and deserves to be considered for it's own sake, doesn't it. (Feel free to do that if you would like)

* So, the word, 'good' in Genesis 1:3-4 has the meaning of 'beautiful' in this context: and not 'good' in a moral sense, yes? Each day's work is called 'good' except the second day, in which nothing was created only divided (vv. 6-8).

* The word 'world', when translated from ('Kosmos' G2889) means a decoration, or an adorning too.

Any thoughts?

In Christ Jesus
Chris

Charity
I wonder if the Hebrew word in question might connote the idea of "fitting: suitable or appropriate; proper or becoming." I suspect it might. If so, the text is saying that everything God has made has been created such that everything is suitable or appropriate for the purpose he intended. In our time we might say that God has created a rational universe: nothing is random, everything has a purpose, every purpose leads to a final goal.

I believe you are correct in your thought that the meaning of the word is not 'good' in a moral sense, although according to other passages in scripture we come to understand that God's purposes are morally good ones.

With regard to the second day of creation, this day seems to anticipate the flood event during Noah's time. It's as if God put a fair amount of water into the sky in anticipation of his purposed flood event.

The Greek word from which we get our word cosmos means "order." The opposite is chaos. Our word "cosmetics" has a basis in the word "cosmos", which speaks about a woman giving order (one might say "definition") to her face.

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Darkness need not exist for there to be light.

Much love!
True, but think about the significance of the creation event. From the creation story we learn two important lessons: 1) a significant aspect of doing good involves bringing light to darkness; bringing cosmos to chaos; bringing clarity, distinctness, knowledge, definition, which also brings comprehensibility and understandability, and 2) God likes process.

We know the concept of "teleosis" from the rest of scripture, that everything that takes place leads to a final conclusion and that the final end of everything will be a glorious world filled with goodness, righteousness and truth. Since God did not begin with the end, we come to learn that the journey is just as important as the destination.

Reactions: marks

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I never paid much attention to this scripture but it makes sense....Jesus didn't come to do away with the law but rather to fulfill it....
Then He says I give you a New Commandment....
The Covenant God made with Abraham in the OT was binding but not could not be fulfilled because of man's idolatry....meaning that when God makes a Covenant it is to be forever....however man has to cooperate in doing his part for it to happen.

You said “I never paid much attention to this scripture but it makes sense....Jesus didn't come to do away with the law but rather to fulfill it....”

I was thinking about this topic while going to sleep last night. How would it be to make a covenant where one party undoubtedly upholds and the other will not. Was thinking where His word said the first was found to be with fault…otherwise no place would have been sought for the second. Not with fault through God who keeps what He says He will do, but with fault through man (which through the flesh was weak). Yet: Romans 5:5-8 And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Spirit which is given unto us. [6] For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly. [7] For scarcely for a righteous man will one die: yet peradventure for a good man some would even dare to die. [8] But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.
As you pointed out: Jesus didn't come to do away with the law but rather to fulfill it.

God through the Spirit upheld; what man who was weak in the flesh could not uphold. “For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly.”

Last edited:
Reactions: Heart2Soul

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I firmly believe that there are unfallen populated worlds besides ours. I also believe that they have in some way or another, been observing what has been going on here. Paul inferred this when he said,
KJV Ephesians 2:7
7 That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.
Show to whom? While these other worlds may have had limited insight to what has been going on here, what they will not understand is the experience of mankind regarding the experience of sin, and that of redemption. Could it be that part of our role in the future will be in visiting these places and sharing our unique experience thus opening up to them a magnificent facet of the love of God... His grace and mercy... That they have never experienced nor known for themselves?
Have you ever heard of or read, Escape from the Twisted Planet? It's about that. It was a really good book I thought!

https://www.amazon.com/Escape-Twisted-Planet-Harold-Myra/dp/0849929490

Much love!

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
True, but think about the significance of the creation event. From the creation story we learn two important lessons: 1) a significant aspect of doing good involves bringing light to darkness; bringing cosmos to chaos; bringing clarity, distinctness, knowledge, definition, which also brings comprehensibility and understandability, and 2) God likes process.

We know the concept of "teleosis" from the rest of scripture, that everything that takes place leads to a final conclusion and that the final end of everything will be a glorious world filled with goodness, righteousness and truth. Since God did not begin with the end, we come to learn that the journey is just as important as the destination.
Have you ever thought about how much God must like pageantry? There seems to be so much in what He does! Just thinking ahead to that age to come!

Much love!

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Have you ever thought about how much God must like pageantry? There seems to be so much in what He does! Just thinking ahead to that age to come!

Much love!
I'm not sure he likes pageantry in the modern sense of the word. How God presents himself seems to depend on the moment.

For instance, when the Lord wishes, he will come with thunder, lightning flashes, the sound of the trumpet and the smoking mountain, just as he did in Exodus chapter 19. On the other hand, in 1Kings 19 we read about Elijah's meeting with God. In that context, the Lord was not in the wind, not in the earthquake, not in the fire. The Lord was in a gentle blowing wind. In other words, when he wishes, the Lord may come calmly, gently, easy, and peaceful.

In Romans chapter one, Paul argues that men have suppressed the truth about God's existence, worshipping animal images instead, even though the existence of God can be deduced from the natural order and especially the grand display of the cosmos in the stars. The glory of the real God, Paul argues, can be seen in all that he has made.

I agree with you. In that age to come, we will see the Lord in all splendor and glory and awesomeness. Amen?

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
God created good. But how do we know what good is unless we experience and know what it's opposite is, evil?
Adam and Eve (or the rest of us) could not really know or appreciate the attributes of God unless knew what it was like to be without them.
He put the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil in the Garden. He knew they would eat of it and that was part of the plan. Now we can know and appreciate good. We couldn't know forgiveness or mercy or comprehend happiness unless we are in need.
Example: An earthquake killed 300,000 people on Haiti, a country that suffered the worse impoverished conditions on the planet. They were also enslaved to evil religions such as Voodoo, demons lording over them. We can say they knew evil. What happened after the quake? The world, who before that point, ignored them, was now focused like a lazer beam on them, flooding them with medical aid, food, love, mercy, kindness, goodness and of course _ the gospel. Many conversions took place. Now they experienced good, they were thankful to the true God. Stories of them reflecting about their former lives subject to evil and fear, demon possessions, darkness, hopelessness, etc.; now seeing the LIGHT, understanding what good is ... and beauty.
It is a perfect plan.

"I form the light and create darkness: I make peace and create evil (calamity, troubles, disaster): I the Lord do all these things." ISAIAH 45:7
It is necessary to understand that the Old Testament writers did not have the same concept of the devil as we do today. The concept we have today is because Jesus filled us in on information which the OT writers did not have. The OT writers saw God as responsible for both good and bad which happed on the planet, subsequently we get texts like your quoted one above Isaiah 45:7 but these are not an accurate depiction of God. We know this from the N.T where John tells us that God is light and in him is no darkness at all. 1 John 1:5

The view of OT writers was limited in this regard because we know better...Jesus revealed it.
There were many limitations earlier generations had of God and God dealt with these limitations as best as they could understand. We look back and see certain civil laws of that era and shake our heads as to their sense but we do not understand the cultural context.

Along comes Jesus and the Father says from the cloud on the Mount of Transfiguration 'this is my Son, listen to him'....in other words, what he has to say about God supersedes other views that were familiar, for example; “You have heard that it was said, 'Eye for eye, and tooth for tooth but I tell you, do not resist an evil person...' This was an unheard of idea or, 'if you love those who love you what do you do different to tax collectors' Love your enemies not just your friends, Jesus was saying.

We know from Jesus the devil was a liar and a murder from the beginning.....we also know the the devil attempts to paint God with the attributes he has himself and so misrepresent God.
Trying to make a case that God creates evil would give evil an excuse and what sort of a charade would Calvary then be?

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My question is: are good and perfect the same thing? Several quotes (I’m sorry so many) but this is why I ask if good and perfect are the same?
@VictoryinJesus, @Heart2Soul

They aren't exactly the same thing but both words bracket an overall concept that is significant. Bear in mind though, the terms "good" and "evil" have more than one connotation. Sometimes, for instance, good and evil are related to what is impeccable, rather than to what is moral.

Consider Luke 11:9-13 Is Jesus speaking of moral goodness or impeccability? When he says, "If then, you being evil . . ." Does he charge them with being immoral or does he charge them with being flawed, weak, or inadequate? Do morally evil people give good gifts to their children? Maybe, but I think Jesus is saying that even flawed, weak, and inadequate people give good gifts to their children. In fact, many of us hope that our children will turn out better than us.

James 1:17 speaks about good gifts and perfect gifts, and James tells us why both are important. "Good" gifts are things that bless the recipient in some way. "Perfect" gifts, though, represent a beneficent attitude lacking any kind of ulterior motive. For instance, Jesus describes impeccable giving when he instructs his disciples to give in secret.

"So when you give to the poor, do not sound a trumpet before you, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, so that they may be honored by men. Truly I say to you, they have their reward in full. But when you give to the poor, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, so that your giving will be in secret; and your Father who sees what is done in secret will reward you." (Matthew 6:2-4)

Whether one gives to the poor in secret or they sound the trumpet first, the poor still benefit. The poor are receiving good gifts. But those who sound the trumpet have mixed motives. A perfect gift is given anonymously; only the Father knows who gave the gift. God's gifts are both good and perfect since, as James says, in him there "is no variableness neither shadow of turning."

Last edited:
Reactions: VictoryinJesus

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
'And the LORD God commanded the man, saying,
Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat:
But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil,
thou shalt not eat of it:
for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.'

(Gen 2:16-17)

Hello Robert Gwin,

The words of God above were spoken to Adam, but were made known to Eve, for she attempted to quote them in her response to Satan's question in 3:1, 'Yea, hath God said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden?' In her attempt she not only misquoted but added to the words of God:-

'And the woman said unto the serpent,
We may eat of the fruit of the trees of the garden:
But of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden,
God hath said,
Ye shall not eat of it,
neither shall ye touch it,
lest ye die.'

(Gen 3:2-3)

Eve was beguiled by Satan's subtilty, yes (2 Corinthians 11:3). but she also misquoted and added to the words of God, so that they were made of none-effect in her defence against this beings cunning.

Our Saviour in his defence, when He was tempted of the Lord responded with God's word, quoting it accurately and effectively. Which should cause us to carefully quote the words of God ourselves and certainly not add to them.

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

The Bible does say Eve was deceived, Adam on the other hand willingly chose to disobey. Won't it be so nice when this issue is settled.

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Sheffield, Yorkshire, home of Robin Hood.
robinhood-loxley.weebly.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
(H2896)

Hello there,

I opened my Bible to the first chapter of Genesis and started to read, and was arrested by the word 'good', for I remembered a debate in which it was argued that if everything that God made was good how could evil come from it? or something to that effect.

In my Bible's marginal notes the word, 'good' equals 'beautiful', and reference is made to Ecclesiastes 3:11, and I'm sorry but I have to quote it within it's context (ie., vv. 10-15):-

'What profit hath he that worketh in that wherein he laboureth?
I have seen the travail, which God hath given to the sons of men to be exercised in it.
.. He hath made every thing beautiful in His time:
(H3303)
.... also He hath set the world (ie., the age) in their heart,
...... so that no man can find out the work that God maketh
........ from the beginning to the end.
I know that there is no good in them,
.. but for a man to rejoice,
.... and to do good in his life.
...... And also that every man should eat and drink,
........ and enjoy the good of all his labour,
.......... it is the gift of God.
I know that, whatsoever God doeth, it shall be for ever:
.. nothing can be put to it, nor any thing taken from it:
.... and God doeth it, that men should fear before Him.
That which hath been is now;
.. and that which is to be hath already been;
.... and God requireth that which is past.'

* This is an amazing portion of Scripture, and deserves to be considered for it's own sake, doesn't it. (Feel free to do that if you would like)

* So, the word, 'good' in Genesis 1:3-4 has the meaning of 'beautiful' in this context: and not 'good' in a moral sense, yes? Each day's work is called 'good' except the second day, in which nothing was created only divided (vv. 6-8).

* The word 'world', when translated from ('Kosmos' G2889) means a decoration, or an adorning too.

Any thoughts?

In Christ Jesus
Chris
What a beautiful thought! The world had to be beautiful because Jesus was in it.

For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him: (Colossians 1:16 KJV)

He is the Rock, his work is perfect: for all his ways are judgment: a God of truth and without iniquity, just and right is he.
(Deuteronomy 32:4 KJV)

God bless.

Reactions: charity

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Sheffield, Yorkshire, home of Robin Hood.
robinhood-loxley.weebly.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Charity
I wonder if the Hebrew word in question might connote the idea of "fitting: suitable or appropriate; proper or becoming." I suspect it might. If so, the text is saying that everything God has made has been created such that everything is suitable or appropriate for the purpose he intended. In our time we might say that God has created a rational universe: nothing is random, everything has a purpose, every purpose leads to a final goal.

I believe you are correct in your thought that the meaning of the word is not 'good' in a moral sense, although according to other passages in scripture we come to understand that God's purposes are morally good ones.

With regard to the second day of creation, this day seems to anticipate the flood event during Noah's time. It's as if God put a fair amount of water into the sky in anticipation of his purposed flood event.

The Greek word from which we get our word cosmos means "order." The opposite is chaos. Our word "cosmetics" has a basis in the word "cosmos", which speaks about a woman giving order (one might say "definition") to her face.
H2896 Good
As a noun, a good thing, a good man or woman.

As an adverb : - beautiful, best, better, bountiful, cheerful, at ease, fair, favour, fine, glad, graciously, joyful, kindly, kindness, liketh, loving, merry, pleasant, pleaseth, pleasure, precious, prosperity, ready, sweet, wealth, welfare, favoured.

The adverb best describes creation.

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is necessary to understand that the Old Testament writers did not have the same concept of the devil as we do today.
They were blurry about a lot of things. Yes Jesus cleared lots of things up and brought in a New Covenant. The chosen nation was given God's laws as a test for not just them but for us to see that we cannot keep them. They failed over and over again.

The concept we have today is because Jesus filled us in on information which the OT writers did not have
Absolutely.

The OT writers saw God as responsible for both good and bad which happed on the planet, subsequently we get texts like your quoted one above Isaiah 45:7 but these are not an accurate depiction of God. We know this from the N.T where John tells us that God is light and in him is no darkness at all. 1 John 1:5
Wrong. God is a God of love, mercy, and forgiveness; but He is a God of justice. He chastises and judges man throughout our lives and His major JUDGMENT is coming.
Isaiah 45:7 is accurate. God does not change. The scripture states that God creates evil (calamity, troubles, disasters, pain and suffering and death); but this does not mean He is evil. Sin needs to be judged and He chastises those He loves as well.
It is undeniable that wars, natural disasters, diseases, have happened all through history. Is not God sovereign? Yes He is, He is in control. Even Satan cannot do anything unless He has God's permission. (read Job)
God's plan encompasses good and evil and we have learned from these calamities, disasters, troubles and come out of them for the better. You must believe that God causes ALL THINGS to work together for good for those who love the LORD, for those who are called to His purpose.
Is He allowing this pandemic? Absolutely. Will things get worse? Yep, we are either in or approaching the Great Tribulation. Will famines, earthquakes, wars come? Yep, it is prophesied and part of the plan. Thankfully it won't last long but the end result is that sin and evil will be put down, Satan and his horde locked up and the world cleansed from all unbelievers- for 1000 years.
God allows evil for a purpose.

You have heard that it was said, 'Eye for eye, and tooth for tooth but I tell you, do not resist an evil person...' This was an unheard of idea or, 'if you love those who love you what do you do different to tax collectors' Love your enemies not just your friends, Jesus was saying.
Yes, this OUR responsibility, don't confuse that with what God has done and what He is about to do. He will judge each person for their sins unless they have received forgiveness. He will not have mercy on and forgive all. Do you think He will love His enemies? He will destroy them!

We know from Jesus the devil was a liar and a murder from the beginning.....we also know the the devil attempts to paint God with the attributes he has himself and so misrepresent God.
Yes, Satan distorts the Word and God and tries to confuse man.

Trying to make a case that God creates evil would give evil an excuse and what sort of a charade would Calvary then be?
It was no charade.
Jesus death and resurrection happened exactly how it was planned, we read it in prophecy. Jesus fulfilled hundreds Messianic prophesies and when He returns, He will fulfill hundreds more.
God is sovereign!

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@VictoryinJesus, @Heart2Soul

They aren't exactly the same thing but both words bracket an overall concept that is significant. Bear in mind though, the terms "good" and "evil" have more than one connotation. Sometimes, for instance, good and evil are related to what is impeccable, rather than to what is moral.

Consider Luke 11:9-13 Is Jesus speaking of moral goodness or impeccability? When he says, "If then, you being evil . . ." Does he charge them with being immoral or does he charge them with being flawed, weak, or inadequate? Do morally evil people give good gifts to their children? Maybe, but I think Jesus is saying that even flawed, weak, and inadequate people give good gifts to their children. In fact, many of us hope that our children will turn out better than us.

James 1:17 speaks about good gifts and perfect gifts, and James tells us why both are important. "Good" gifts are things that bless the recipient in some way. "Perfect" gifts, though, represent a beneficent attitude lacking any kind of ulterior motive. For instance, Jesus describes impeccable giving when he instructs his disciples to give in secret.

"So when you give to the poor, do not sound a trumpet before you, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, so that they may be honored by men. Truly I say to you, they have their reward in full. But when you give to the poor, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, so that your giving will be in secret; and your Father who sees what is done in secret will reward you." (Matthew 6:2-4)

Whether one gives to the poor in secret or they sound the trumpet first, the poor still benefit. The poor are receiving good gifts. But those who sound the trumpet have mixed motives. A perfect gift is given anonymously; only the Father knows who gave the gift. God's gifts are both good and perfect since, as James says, in him there "is no variableness neither shadow of turning."

Great post! Thank you for clarifying. "If then, you being evil . . ." Does he charge them with being immoral or does he charge them with being flawed, weak, or inadequate? Do morally evil people give good gifts to their children? Maybe, but I think Jesus is saying that even flawed, weak, and inadequate people give good gifts to their children. In fact, many of us hope that our children will turn out better than us.” Insightful. Underlined the above because it is a good point. Agree “many of us hope that our children will turn out better than us.”

"Perfect" gifts, though, represent a beneficent attitude lacking any kind of ulterior motive“ does make me think of:
Hebrews 12:9-13 Furthermore we have had fathers of our flesh which corrected us, and we gave them reverence: shall we not much rather be in subjection unto the Father of spirits, and live? [10] For they verily for a few days chastened us after their own pleasure; but he for our profit, that we might be partakers of his holiness. [11] Now no chastening for the present seemeth to be joyous, but grievous: nevertheless afterward it yieldeth the peaceable fruit of righteousness unto them which are exercised thereby. [12] Wherefore lift up the hands which hang down, and the feeble knees; [13] And make straight paths for your feet, lest that which is lame be turned out of the way; but let it rather be healed.

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
evil is as evil does! ...to not see this is to muddle and muddy the waters
You just don't like that scripture and so you deny that God gave it to us or changed his mind or maybe he is not really in control and so not allowing evil or preparing troubles, calamities, disaster pain and suffering?

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You just don't like that scripture and so you deny that God gave it to us or changed his mind or maybe he is not really in control and so not allowing evil or preparing troubles, calamities, disaster pain and suffering?
No, thats not the reason Ronald. The reason is to reconcile what the scriptures say. It tells us that God does not change; that he is the same yesterday, tomorrow and forever. It also tells us he has no darkness and that his M.O is love. I believe he is the love demonstrated in Jesus. A non violent, self sacrificing, unselfish and long suffering....attributes the angels in heaven swoon over and adore him for.

Jesus revealed this attitude/ M.O to fallen man.
Evil is not resident or belong to any part of God, contrary what Isaiah and contrary to what Job and his friends thought, in fact all those in Old Testament Times. They thought that because in their view of God being one, they concluded that the over arching force in the universe must be responsible for evil. That is exactly what the devil wanted them to think so God could be blamed. Quiet a trick for the Devil to pull off don't you think?

I have concluded; If we think God is responsible or in any way sanctions evil we have not known the God of Jesus....we have instead invented our own God and use Jesus to rubber stamp our theory. We interpret God erroneously through the lens of violence.

Reactions: Cooper

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
(H2896)

Any thoughts?

In Christ Jesus
Chris

I believe, people do not particularly pay attention to: the difference Between;
Created and Made.

* Created, is establishing what was not.;
(Effected by Gods WORD, WILL, POWER
aka; Lord God Almighty)
* Made, is a condition upon Gods created "thing".
aka: Lord God Almighty)

Pertaining to man-kind - (of thing)
* Created out of the existing Earth.
- Formed - A body, called it man.
* Made the formed body Alive
- Individual living thing, ears can hear, eyes can see, mouth can utter sounds, skin feels touch, tongue tastes, nose smells, etc.
* Gods Works...Creating and Making a man-kind of thing....God Called "very good".

Gen 1:[27] So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and femalecreated he them.

Gen 1:
[31] And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day.

Gen 2:
[3] And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made.

Isa 45:
[7] I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

* God Also Created Evil.
* God Also Created and Made Every Body it's OWN reproducing Seed, to reproduce it's SAME KIND of thing.

* Refer to the account of Adams Choices...(freewill) which men act based on a mans (knowledge of Choice Options)
* Adam & Eve's choices...
* Consequences (2 fold)
* Forgiven (God clothed them)
* Banished (From Gods Garden)
* offspring of Adam (2 fold)
* Twins, Cain and Abel.
* Offspring also has choices, freewill to choose.
* Cains choices wicked
....Cain banished from father...
....Marked with a good protection to keep his life.
* Abel's choice deceptive for good.
....Loses his life.

Were Adam and Eve Left "hopeless", because they "fell from" being "MADE" very good?
No. because, WE find...what IS Gods meaning "OF VERY GOOD".

(VERY GOOD, means created things "making freewill choices" According to Gods WILL "for that created thing" )

Adam and Eve, both exercised their "freewill", and MADE choices, that AFFECTED their "VERY GOOD" status/standing, WITH God.
(The Same "effected" their Offspring (from Adam and Eves SEED), Cain and Abel).

Cains out of the picture of Adam and Eve.
Able is out of the picture of Adam and Eve.

Gen 5:
[1] This is the book of the generations of Adam. In the day that God created man, in the likeness of God made he him;
[2] Male and female created he them; and blessed them, and called their name Adam, in the day when they were created.
[3] And Adam lived an hundred and thirty years, and begat a son in his own likeness, after his image; and called his name Seth:

The POINT:
What God created and then MADE very good...fell from the "condition" of Very Good.
What became "not very good"...
By a mans Freewill choices and Gods Power...
A man Can BECOME, Forgiven and "MADE" "good".

It is us, discovering, Adams, Eves, choices After their fall, Forgiveness and Gods Making, that we understand...
A mans FALLING, from VERY GOOD...Always
Is coupled with Gods Offering of His Power to MAKE a man a Fallen man...Restored to, Gods "acceptable" condition of very good ... Good.

Gen 4:
[25] And Adam knew his wife again; and she bare a son, and called his name Seth: For God, said she, hath appointed me another seed instead of Abel, whom Cain slew.
[26] And to Seth, to him also there was born a son; and he called his name Enos: then began men to call upon the name of the LORD.

Luke 3:
[37] Which was the son of Mathusala, which was the son of Enoch, which was the son of Jared, which was the son of Maleleel, which was the son of Cainan,
[38] Which was the son of Enos, which was the son of Seth, which was the son of Adam, which was the son of God.

Eve accredits God (recognition of God) for Seth.
Seth's son, learns calling on the Name of the LORD, (recognition unto the LORD)
Adam is called "son of God".

Summary -
Gods creation gives us Ears.
Gods making gives us Ability for our Ears to Hear.
Hearing gives us Knowledge.
Knowledge reveals Options.
Freewill is our ability to Choose among the Options.
Options reveals what God Accepts, and what God Rejects.
The Division among people, is between the Accepted and Rejection per God.

The Notice is -
While we ARE Hearing...Gods is WITH us.
And "IF" WE freely choose to STOP Hearing...so also will God STOP being "WITH" us.

"IF" WE freely (heartfully) choose for God to be "with AND IN US" ... so also will God BY His Word...Be "with AND in us" FOREVER.

Promise of God -
One day, HE SHALL, "separate" forever...
The DIVIDED "WITHOUT HIM"...FROM the Divided "WITH and IN HIM".

Glory to God,
Taken

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I believe, people do not particularly pay attention to: the difference Between;
Created and Made.

* Created, is establishing what was not.;
aka; Lord God Almighty)
* Made, is a condition upon Gods created "thing".
aka: Lord God Almighty)

Pertaining to man-kind - (of thing)
* Created out of the existing Earth.
- Formed - A body, called it man.
* Made the formed body Alive
- Individual living thing, ears can hear, eyes can see, mouth can utter sounds, skin feels touch, tongue tastes, nose smells, etc.
* Gods Works...Creating and Making a man-kind of thing....God Called "very good".

Gen 1:[27] So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and femalecreated he them.

Gen 1:
[31] And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day.

Gen 2:
[3] And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made.

Isa 45:
[7] I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

* God Also Created Evil.
* God Also Created and Made Every Body it's OWN reproducing Seed, to reproduce it's SAME KIND of thing.

* Refer to the account of Adams Choices...(freewill) which men act based on a mans (knowledge of Choice Options)
* Adam & Eve's choices...
* Consequences (2 fold)
* Forgiven (God clothed them)
* Banished (From Gods Garden)
* offspring of Adam (2 fold)
* Twins, Cain and Abel.
* Offspring also has choices, freewill to choose.
* Cains choices wicked
....Cain banished from father...
....Marked with a good protection to keep his life.
* Abel's choice deceptive for good.
....Loses his life.

Were Adam and Eve Left "hopeless", because they "fell from" being "MADE" very good?
No. because, WE find...what IS Gods meaning "OF VERY GOOD".

(VERY GOOD, means created things "making freewill choices" According to Gods WILL "for that created thing" )

Adam and Eve, both exercised their "freewill", and MADE choices, that AFFECTED their "VERY GOOD" status/standing, WITH God.
(The Same "effected" their Offspring (from Adam and Eves SEED), Cain and Abel).

Cains out of the picture of Adam and Eve.
Able is out of the picture of Adam and Eve.

Gen 5:
[1] This is the book of the generations of Adam. In the day that God created man, in the likeness of God made he him;
[2] Male and female created he them; and blessed them, and called their name Adam, in the day when they were created.
[3] And Adam lived an hundred and thirty years, and begat a son in his own likeness, after his image; and called his name Seth:

The POINT:
What God created and then MADE very good...fell from the "condition" of Very Good.
What became "not very good"...
By a mans Freewill choices and Gods Power...
A man Can BECOME, Forgiven and "MADE" "good".

It is us, discovering, Adams, Eves, choices After their fall, Forgiveness and Gods Making, that we understand...
A mans FALLING, from VERY GOOD...Always
Is coupled with Gods Offering of His Power to MAKE a man a Fallen man...Restored to, Gods "acceptable" condition of very good ... Good.

Gen 4:
[25] And Adam knew his wife again; and she bare a son, and called his name Seth: For God, said she, hath appointed me another seed instead of Abel, whom Cain slew.
[26] And to Seth, to him also there was born a son; and he called his name Enos: then began men to call upon the name of the LORD.

Luke 3:
[37] Which was the son of Mathusala, which was the son of Enoch, which was the son of Jared, which was the son of Maleleel, which was the son of Cainan,
[38] Which was the son of Enos, which was the son of Seth, which was the son of Adam, which was the son of God.

Eve accredits God (recognition of God) for Seth.
Seth's son, learns calling on the Name of the LORD, (recognition unto the LORD)
Adam is called "son of God".

Summary -
Gods creation gives us Ears.
Gods making gives us Ability for our Ears to Hear.
Hearing gives us Knowledge.
Knowledge reveals Options.
Freewill is our ability to Choose among the Options.
Options reveals what God Accepts, and what God Rejects.
The Division among people, is between the Accepted and Rejection per God.

The Notice is -
While we ARE Hearing...Gods is WITH us.
And "IF" WE freely choose to STOP Hearing...so also will God STOP being "WITH" us.

"IF" WE freely (heartfully) choose for God to be "with AND IN US" ... so also will God BY His Word...Be "with AND in us" FOREVER.

Promise of God -
One day, HE SHALL, "separate" forever...
The DIVIDED "WITHOUT HIM"...FROM the Divided "WITH and IN HIM".

Glory to God,
Taken
you play with words Taken, making a mountain out of a mole hill.