Gospel Sunday Morning

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I apologize that I'm running a few minutes late, but good morning everybody and welcome to episode two of Gospel Sunday Morning. :) Due to an event for police officers, military soldiers, and first responders directly (give or take) afterwards, we will once again be running for a couple hours instead of a few. So, on that note,.. let's get ready for worship. :D @amadeus, @Nancy.

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Beautiful song although I've never heard it before. You know so much more of the old classic songs than me lol that's why I started allowing contemporary Christian music because I don't know enough of the older stuff. XD I got a good old song though that my mother often whistles. :)

Reactions: amadeus

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Okay, I got another serious song and I thought that we could just have some fun as well because I believe that you can worship God and have fun at the same time. :D (At my church laughter is even often encouraged because we believe that God is just like every other Father who likes to see His children laughing and enjoying themselves. XD)

Reactions: amadeus

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Is that a Catholic thing? Cause I'm not sure what that is. :/

Hi April,

That is a contemporary rendering of the 'prayer of St. Francis'.

Here is another that I like very much:

And this is the prayer attributed to St. Francis:

Lord, make me an instrument of your peace:
where there is hatred, let me sow love;
where there is injury, pardon;
where there is doubt, faith;
where there is despair, hope;
where there is darkness, light;
where there is sadness, joy.

O divine Master, grant that I may not so much seek
to be consoled as to console,
to be understood as to understand,
to be loved as to love.
For it is in giving that we receive,
it is in pardoning that we are pardoned,
and it is in dying that we are born to eternal life.
Amen.

Peace be with you!

Christ is risen!
Alleluia!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is that a Catholic thing? Cause I'm not sure what that is. :/
Pentecost occurs 50 days [on the 7th Sunday] after the Resurrection of Jesus. It is not only Catholic but quite biblical. Have you ever heard of the year of Jubilee in the Old Testament? That was the 50th year when all debts were forgiven and all slaves were to be set free among the children of Israel. It does relate to what Jesus did:

"A jubilee shall that fiftieth year be unto you: ye shall not sow, neither reap that which groweth of itself in it, nor gather the grapes in it of thy vine undressed.
For it is the jubilee; it shall be holy unto you: ye shall eat the increase thereof out of the field.
In the year of this jubilee ye shall return every man unto his possession." Lev 25:11-13

We see it here in the New Testament:

"And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place.
And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting.
And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them.
And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance." Acts 2:1-4

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hmm,.. interesting. I'm just learning the Bible so I didn't know that. :) (Btw, another pretty song by Phillip and I think we have time for a few more songs. :) I'm still cracking up from Tim Hawkin's version of Shout to The Lord,.. I LOVE Tim Hawkins I am such a HUGE fan!!!! XDDDDD!!!!)

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Okay guys, I just finished listening to the last song so we'll meet back here next Sunday. :) Also, the rally event should be starting soon as well and I'm really looking forward to seeing it,.. peace and may the glory of the Lord be with you!!
:D

Edit: Scratch that it looks like it's started a bit early my apologies.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi April,

That is a contemporary rendering of the 'prayer of St. Francis'.
St. Francis was a man of God who lived more than 1,000 years ago in difficult times . Back in 2015 when it was newly published I purchased a classic biography by G.K Chesterton on the life of St Francis as I had already long since attracted by him. I read it at once, but not since. Reading it again is on my long list of things to do....

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Pentacost...
Led by a guy who was scared of admitting that he was one of Jesus' disciples a month before.
But let me tell you something that Peter knew. That rooster who crowed (and we all have our own personal rooster)....he tasted mighty fine with the dumplings and gravy.

I've been branded/stained/dyed. I can't give it up.
I belong to HIM. Live or die, it doesn't matter...HE owns me. My life is his to do with as HE sees fit.

Reactions: April_Rose