Grace or works of the law?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Baptism with the HS and speaking in tongues had NOTHING to do with the personal salvation of Cornelius. Even if Cornelius had not been baptized with the HS by the Lord, he would have been saved anyway when he obeyed Peter's command to be water baptized (Acts 10:47-48) having his sins remitted per Acts 2:38.In Acts 8 the Spirit sent for Phillip to give guidance and water baptize the eunuch. The eunuch was not baptized with the HS by the Lord but was saved anyway when he was water baptized for remission of sins the same exact way as Cornelius.

The issue at hand in Acts 10 is the salvation of the gospel going to the Gentiles. Salvation was not just for the Jews but also for the Gentiles. Before being called to the office of an Apostle, Peter was a Jew who kept the OT law of Moses, hence Peter says "I have never eaten anything that is common and unclean". Peter as a Jew was raised to make a distinction between clean and unclean food, he was obedient to that OT law.

Yet in the vision, God demonstrated there is no difference between clean. The implication is if the distinction the OT law put between clean and unclean is abolished, then the OT law must be abolished also. Christ took away that middle wall of partition that separated Jew and Gentile, Eph 2:13-14. Going forward then, Peter realized and learned God was not just talking about food no longer being cleaned and unclean, but that all people are clean including Gentiles, hence salvation was just as much for the Gentile as the Jew.

As Peter 'began' to teach the 'saving words" to Cornelius, Cornelius was baptized with the HS and spake in tongues. This was NOT for any salvific benefit of Cornelius but it was God's way of proving to the Jews that the Gentiles were clean and salvation was therefore to go to the Gentiles. Hence any Jew that tried to "forbid water" would be attempting to keep salvation from going to the Gentiles, preventing the Gentiles from having their sins remitted in water baptism.

In Acts 11 Peter had to 'contend with' the Jews in Jerusalem why he went to the Gentiles. Peter in his defense told those Jews God was behind salvation going to the Gentiles, even though the Jews saw the Gentiles as unclean. It was God who gave the vision that the Gentiles were clean and it was God who baptized the Gentiles with the HS. Upon rehearsing these events to the Jews of the things God did, it convinced the Jews and they quit objecting that salvation was to go to the Gentiles, Acts 11:18.....
"When they heard these things, (the vision and Gentiles being baptized with the HS) they held their peace, and glorified God, saying, Then hath God also to the Gentiles granted repentance unto life."

The only reason the context gives us as to why God baptized Cornelius with the HS was to provide proof to the Jews the Gentiles were clean and therefore salvation was to go to the Gentiles also. To attach any other purpose or reason to Cornelius being baptized with the HS is adding ideas not found in the context. To have Cornelius saved before he was water baptized creates a host of impossibilities and contradictions.
The highlighted is correct. This coincides with Mark 16:16 etc.

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
it means baptismal regeneration

I was regenerated BEFORE baptism. But, I agree baptism is not an option - do all righteousness as Christ did. It was after I was born again (resurrected) that I could then hear God's voice for the first time and He said, "Now get baptized in water.

Ernest T. Bass

Jan 14, 2014
out in the woods
Whereas we could spend time discussing your questions they are not relevant to the point being made. The point is a simple one. Can someone in an unsaved state be filled with the Holy Spirit as the disciples were at pentecost and speak in tongues. I believe that is impossible, you do not.
And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, with whom you were sealed for the day of redemption. Eph4:30
You, however, are not in the realm of the flesh but are in the realm of the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God lives in you. And if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, they do not belong to Christ. 10 But if Christ is in you, then even though your body is subject to death because of sin, the Spirit gives life because of righteousness. 11 And if the Spirit of him who raised Jesus from the dead is living in you, he who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies because of his Spirit who lives in you. Rom8:9-11

If the Spirit is in you, Christ is in you, Christ does not dwell in the unsaved

1)
again, Cornelius is an example of God using the miraculous by using a man as the medium to convey His will. In Jn 11:40-52 we have another example of Caiaphas. Caiaphas was not a saved individual yet God used him as a medium to speak His word to men for Caiaphas spoke "not of himself". The Spirit prophetically spoke through him relaying God's word to men yet this did not make Caiaphas a saved child of God. In Numbers 22 we see God using a donkey to speak, by means of the Spirit, to rely His word to Baalam but that did not make the donkey a saved child of God.

Such was the case with Cornelius. He was being used as a medium for God to convey His will to the Jews, that HS baptism did not make Cornelius a saved child of God but God used the miraculous as a means to convey that the Gentiles were clean and salvation therefore was to not to be withheld from the Gentiles....'forbidding water' would have been going against God's will in salvation going to the Gentiles by means of water baptism.

2)
Per the 2 questions I asked earlier, being baptized with the HS had nothing to do with Cornelius' personal salvation but baptism with the HS was God using Cornelius to relay His will to the Jews. Cornelius would have been saved anyway when he was water baptized having his sins remitted even if God had not used him as a medium to the Jews by baptizing him with the HS. Therefore being baptized with the HS did not prove Cornelius was saved no more than the eunuch not being baptized with the HS proved he was not saved. Since baptism with the HS had nothing to do with the personal salvation of Cornelius, this means that baptism with the HS CANNOT be the one baptism of Eph 3:4 for that "one baptism" does save (Acts 2:38; 1 Pet 3:21; etc).

Note also that after Cornelius was baptized with the HS, Peter did NOT say "This baptism with the HS proves Cornelius is already saved therefore he does not need to be water baptized". Instead Peter COMMANDED him to be water baptized proving Cornelius was not yet saved, that his salvation was lacking. He could not be saved until he obeyed the command to be water baptized in the name of the Lord for remission of sin, cf Acts 2:38.
--the fact water baptism was commanded made it essential to Cornelius' salvation if for no other reason for disobeying God's commands is sin/ unrighteousness and the unrighteous are the ones lost.
--the fact Peter said who would "forbid water" was further proof salvation was to go to the Gentiles by means of water baptism.

So the context of Acts 10 makes water baptism essential to being saved while baptism with the HS is not essential to be saved again proving water baptism of the great commission is the one baptism of Eph 4:5.

3)
the context of Romans 8 has nothing to do with the miraculous baptism with the HS or miraculously speaking in tongues. The context is about being led either by the flesh or by the Spirit which is a free will choice, not something that is miraculous or is irresistibly forced upon one by the Spirit. The two conditional "ifs" in Rom 8:13 shows that following the flesh or following the Spirit is a matter of free will choice, not miraculous indwelling of the Spirit and speaking in tongues. Those who choose to follow the Spirit do so by choosing to be obedient to the Spirit's written word, the Bible...... nothing miraculous about that.

Rom 8:14 "For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God" Cornelius being baptized with the HS had nothing to do with this verse. Cornelius being baptized with the HS had NOTHING to do with Cornelius being led by the Spirit...Cornelius was not miraculously led by the Spirit to understanding God's word, Cornelius was not miraculously being led/taught by the Spirit on how to be saved nor was he miraculously saved by being baptized with the HS. Cornelius would be saved by "words" (Acts 11:14) Peter would preach to him by inspiration of the Spirit. Cornelius heard those saving words and chose to obey those words thus Cornelius was saved by being led by the Spirit's words and not by some miraculous event. Again, the HS came upon Cornelius to prove to the Jews the Gentiles were clean therefore salvation was to go to the Gentiles also, salvation was not just for the Jews.

Therefore the Spirit bears witness with our spirit that we are sons of God (Rom 8:16) when we FIRST obey the Spirit's words, when we first choose to set our minds on the Spirit and be led by the Spirit's word on how to be saved. It was the Spirit's saving words that Cornelius heard that instructed him on how to be saved by obediently submitting to water baptism. Therefore after Cornelius obeyed those saving words the Spirit testified with Cornelius spirit he was a son of God.

"Remember, the Holy Spirit didn’t come upon the household of Cornelius to testify that they were Christians, rather, He came to testify that it was all right for these people to become Christians! The Spirit bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God, when we have obeyed His teachings concerning what one must do to be saved. Through the apostles the Spirit has plainly said, faith in Christ, repentance, confession, and water baptism are the conditions for salvation. When I obey those conditions, the Spirit’s testimony in Scripture and my spirit agree, i.e., I have believed, repented, confess and was baptized in water for the remission of my sins---therefore, I am a child of God!"
Holy Spirit Baptism - Sunday Sermons ‹ Fifth Street church of Christ.

(my emp)

One cannot be in agreement with the Spirit unless, until one first obeys what the Spirit says in his word. Cornelius could not be in agreement with the Spirit until he first obeyed what the Spirit commanded him. Cornelius would not be accepted with God until he first "worked righteousness" (Acts 10:35) by obeying God's/the Spirit's command to be water baptized.

=====Therefore, disobedience to God's command/to the Spirit's command to be water baptized is testimony one is not a child of God.======

Therefore in summary, baptism with the HS was NOT Cornelius being taught God's word, baptism with the HS was NOT Cornelius be led/instructed by the Spirit on how to be saved nor being led/instructed on how to live a Christian life therefore that baptism cannot be a testimony to Cornelius' salvation. One must first hear the Spirit's words, obey those words becoming a Christian THEN the Spirit can bear witness with our spirit we are a child of God.

Again, disobedience to the Spirit's saving words in believing, repenting, confessing and being water baptized is testimony one is not saved. The proof of Cornelius' salvation was his obedience to the Spirit's saving words in being water baptized.

Last edited:

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was regenerated BEFORE baptism. But, I agree baptism is not an option - do all righteousness as Christ did. It was after I was born again (resurrected) that I could then hear God's voice for the first time and He said, "Now get baptized in water.

not biblical

The biblical mandate of God’s work of creation!

Water and the spirit!

First creation:

Gen 1:1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. 2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

(water and the spirit)

Noah:

Gen 8:8 Also he sent forth a dove (representing the spirit) from him…

(Water and the spirit)

Red Sea:

Led thru the waters by the spirit.
Exodus 13:21
And the Lord went before them by day in a pillar of a cloud, to lead them the way; and by night in a pillar of fire, to give them light; to go by day and night:

(Water and the spirit)

Josuha

Joshua and the people of Israel crossing of the Jordan led by the spirit.

Joshua 1:1 Now after the death of Moses the servant of the Lord it came to pass, that the Lord spake unto Joshua the son of Nun, Moses’ minister, saying, 2 Moses my servant is dead; now therefore arise, go over this Jordan, thou, and all this people, unto the land which I do give to them, even to the children of Israel.

(Water and the spirit)

Prophecy of the new creation: (new covenant)

Ez 36:25 Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you. 26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh. 27 And I will put my spirit within you…
acts 2:38-39 “this promise”

(Water and the Spirit)

Baptism of Jesus

Jn 1:31 I come baptizing with water. 32 And John bare record, saying, I saw the Spirit descending from heaven like a dove, and it abode upon him.

(Water and the spirit)

New creation by water and the spirit

Jn 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

(Water and the spirit)

Christian sacrament of baptismal regeneration is by: WATER AND THE SPIRIT!

No one is born again by:

“the spirit alone”!
Or
“Faith alone”!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A sacrament is an oath! A sacred promise from God! Ez 36:25-27
Acts 2:38-39 (this promise)

A sacrament is an outward sign for all men including infants And a gift from God to help us see what he does inwardly and invisibly by his grace!

As grace Washes our souls in the merits of Jesus blood from original and personal sin, so the outward action of washing is visible!

without the outward action the inward action cannot take place!

Jn 3:5 Titus 3:5 water and washing
acts 22:16 wash away your sin!

Jn 3:5 Born again BY water and the spirit! Not by “faith alone”!

They did not go to Jerusalem and preach “accept Christ as you’re personal Lord and savior “

They went to the river (water) and they baptized! Jn 3:22

A covenant requires an outward sign of the inward action of grace!

Ez 36:25 I will sprinkle you with clean water and you shall be made white as snow.

Acts 22:16 washing away your sins.

Eph 4:5 one Lord, one faith, one baptism.

1 pet 3:21 baptism saves you.

You cannot enter on you’re own or by faith alone!

2 pet 1: 11 For so an entrance shall be ministered unto you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.

Heb 2:11 For both he that sanctifieth and they who are sanctified are all of one: for which cause he is not ashamed to call them brethren,

Baptism!

God breathed life into Adam, gen 2:7 and we received this life from our fathers!

Christ breathed on the apostles our spiritual fathers, we receive the new covenant life of God’s grace from them thru faith & baptism! Jn 20:21-23 Mk 16:16 acts 8:36-38 eph 2

Born again! Born from above!

'The Father has set his seal' on Christ (John 6:27) and also seals us in him (cf. 2 Corinthians 1:22; Ephesians 1:23, 4:30). Because this seal indicates the indelible effect of the anointing with the Holy Spirit in the sacrament of Baptism,

Baptism indeed is the seal of eternal life." 87 The faithful Christian who I has "kept the seal" until the end, remaining faithful to the demands of his Baptism, will be able to depart this life "marked with the sign of faith," 88 with his baptismal faith, in expectation of the blessed vision of God - the consummation of faith - and in the hope of resurrection.

St. Paul tells the faithful at Ephesus that they have been “sealed with the promised Holy Spirit.” This is in terms of an indelible character imprinted on the soul in the sacraments of baptism and confirmation. It is not as if this invisible mark is simply decorative. Rather, through it, we are enabled to participate in Christ’s mission and in his offices of priest, prophet, and king. Eph 1:13

Sealed by God eph 1:13 sealed by God (ez 36:25-27) in the ark of salvation by baptism just as Noah was sealed by God in the ark of the flood gen 7:16

1 Pet 3:20 Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.

21 The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us!
(Ark of Noah a type of the church, member of Christ and his church and salvation by baptism!)
(Outside the ark of Noah none were saved, outside the church (the ark of salvation) none are saved!)

Sealed in the ark, sealed in the church the ark of salvation by God thru baptism!

Christ instituted the holy church for the salvation of all men, (repent and believe the gospel, with the institution of the sacraments to convey grace to sanctify souls!

Effects of faith & baptism!

Ez 36:25-27 washed in baptism, with a new heart and the Spirit
Jn 3:5 born again in baptism
Mk 16:16 faith & baptist
Acts 2:38 repentance & baptism
Acts 8:36-38 faith & baptism
Acts 22:16 baptism washes away sin
Rom 6:3 died with Christ
Col 2:12 risen with Christ
1 cor 12:13 baptized into the church
Gal 3:27 by baptism put on Christ
2 Tim 1:10 brought to life
2 cor 5:17 new creation
Eph 1:13 sealed by the Holy Spirit
Eph 2:1&5 brought to life in baptism
Eph 4:5 one baptism
Eph 5:26 faith and baptism
Titus 3:5 baptismal regeneration
1 pet 1:2 washed in Christ’s blood
1 pet 2:9 the kingdom of light
1 pet 3:20-21 baptism saves us!

“Faith alone” accomplishes nothing!
1 cor 13:2 even all faith (alone) without charity avails NOTHING!!!

Faith and baptism!

Scripture says none of the things about “Faith alone”!

2 Peter 1:11
For so an entrance shall be ministered unto you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.

The Christian sacrament of baptism is the Initiation into the new covenant and must be ministered to you by the apostles!

“Faith alone”

Questions

where does scripture says we have died with Christ by “faith alone”?

Rom 6:3 Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?

where does scripture say we are members of Christ and his church by “faith alone”?

1 Corinthians 12:13
For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

where does scripture says we put on Christ by “faith alone”?

Galatians 3:27
For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

Where does scripture say our sins are washed away by “faith alone”?

Acts 22:16
And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord.

where does scripture say we are saved or justified by “faith alone”?

1 pet 3:21 The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us!

The only reference in scripture to “faith alone” is James 2:24 NOT BY “FAITH ALONE”?

2 pet 1: 11 For so an entrance shall be ministered unto you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.

How can you enter by your own if it must be ministered to you? Baptism is done unto you, “not do it yourself by faith alone”

Jn 3:5 born again by faith alone?

Where is “Accept Christ as your personal lord & savior” is found in scripture?

They did not go preaching this line but went immediately to the river and baptized Jn 3:22

Acts 22:16
And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord.

1 Corinthians 12:13
For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

Galatians 3:27
For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

Eph 4:5 one baptism

Why don’t it say one teeny tiny little act of “faith alone”???

When we first believed we are saved?

Romans 13:11
And that, knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out of sleep: for now is our salvation nearer than when we believed.

How can salvation be nearer than when we first believed if you’re saved by believing?

1 pet 1:9 Receiving the end of your faith, even the salvation of your souls.

Matt 24:13 endures to the end Shall be saved.

How can salvation happen when we first believed if it’s the end?

If salvation is by “faith alone” then faith would be the greatest!
1 cor 13:13 charity is the greatest!

Even all faith much less “faith alone” without charity avails nothing!
1 cor 13:2

Faith alone” unbiblical!

WATER AND THE SPIRIT!
Baptismal regeneration is the biblical mandate!!!

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
not biblical

The biblical mandate of God’s work of creation!

Water and the spirit!

First creation:

Gen 1:1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. 2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

(water and the spirit)

Noah:

Gen 8:8 Also he sent forth a dove (representing the spirit) from him…

(Water and the spirit)

Red Sea:

Led thru the waters by the spirit.
Exodus 13:21
And the Lord went before them by day in a pillar of a cloud, to lead them the way; and by night in a pillar of fire, to give them light; to go by day and night:

(Water and the spirit)

Josuha

Joshua and the people of Israel crossing of the Jordan led by the spirit.

Joshua 1:1 Now after the death of Moses the servant of the Lord it came to pass, that the Lord spake unto Joshua the son of Nun, Moses’ minister, saying, 2 Moses my servant is dead; now therefore arise, go over this Jordan, thou, and all this people, unto the land which I do give to them, even to the children of Israel.

(Water and the spirit)

Prophecy of the new creation: (new covenant)

Ez 36:25 Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you. 26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh. 27 And I will put my spirit within you…
acts 2:38-39 “this promise”

(Water and the Spirit)

Baptism of Jesus

Jn 1:31 I come baptizing with water. 32 And John bare record, saying, I saw the Spirit descending from heaven like a dove, and it abode upon him.

(Water and the spirit)

New creation by water and the spirit

Jn 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

(Water and the spirit)

Christian sacrament of baptismal regeneration is by: WATER AND THE SPIRIT!

No one is born again by:

“the spirit alone”!
Or
“Faith alone”!

God works in mysterious ways, and if you try to put Him in a box, you'll be wrong, not Him.

Last edited:
Reactions: Daydreamer

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Again! For the thick in the head and evil in spirit! There is no such thing as works in Christianity!
Obedience to Christ and Acts 2:38 is not works!
Be good and do good is not works, it is just what Christ expects of Christians and what pleases the Lord.
This topic is the favorite of those that want to twist the scriptures and promote sin.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not on Peter as you think, but on Himself, the "chief cornerstone."

the cornerstone rest on the foundation (apostles) eph 2:20

did Christ give the keys to a confession?

did a confession miraculously catch a fish with a coin in its mouth to pay the temple tax for both Christ and Peter identifying them as one in Matt 17:27

Did a confession stand up in acts 1 and quote the Old Testament and appoint Mathias as an apostle?

Did a confession give the first sermon in acts 2?

did a man in acts 3:6 receive a miracle thru a confession?

Did a man in acts 5:5 fall dead at the feet of a confession?

did a confession preach the necessity of baptismal regeneration in acts 2:38-39 and 1 pet 3:20-21?

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Again! For the thick in the head and evil in spirit! There is no such thing as works in Christianity!
Obedience to Christ and Acts 2:38 is not works!
Be good and do good is not works, it is just what Christ expects of Christians and what pleases the Lord.
This topic is the favorite of those that want to twist the scriptures and promote sin.

prayer, alms, fasting, suffering, and practicing virtue are not works?

Ephesians 2:10
For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

2 Timothy 3:17
That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all goodworks.

1. Titus 2:14
    Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.

2. Titus 3:8
    This is a faithful saying, and these things I will that thou affirm constantly, that they which have believed in God might be careful to maintain good works. These things are good and profitable unto men.

3. Hebrews 10:24
    And let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to goodworks:

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You reject Christ and his church
You reject his teaching authority that makes you a spiritual anarchist!

You think the Church belongs to Peter and now to your pope. And you revere Mary more than Jesus who is the ONLY one to pray to. Catholics want to take Jesus completely out of our salvation and give it to Mary.

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You think the Church belongs to Peter and now to your pope. And you revere Mary more than Jesus who is the ONLY one to pray to. Catholics want to take Jesus completely out of our salvation and give it to Mary.

The Three Hail Mary Devotion

"O my Mother, preserve me this day (or night) from mortal sin."

As it Mary can do that!

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Three Hail Mary Devotion

"O my Mother, preserve me this day (or night) from mortal sin."

As it Mary can do that!

Jesus, Himself, wrote a letter to that church era and did not like them making His mother a substitute for a goddess to make life more familiar for the pagans. He tole them to repent and they never did so they have to go through the Great Tribulation. And Christ is always a baby.

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the cornerstone rest on the foundation (apostles) eph 2:20

did Christ give the keys to a confession?

did a confession miraculously catch a fish with a coin in its mouth to pay the temple tax for both Christ and Peter identifying them as one in Matt 17:27

Did a confession stand up in acts 1 and quote the Old Testament and appoint Mathias as an apostle?

Did a confession give the first sermon in acts 2?

did a man in acts 3:6 receive a miracle thru a confession?

Did a man in acts 5:5 fall dead at the feet of a confession?

did a confession preach the necessity of baptismal regeneration in acts 2:38-39 and 1 pet 3:20-21?

You are dangerously close to blasphemy. You are trying to make Peter more important than JESUS!!!

I don't think your mind can handle the truth because you've been brainwashed since birth. One more blasphemy and you are going on ignore.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
prayer, alms, fasting, suffering, and practicing virtue are not works?

Well you should probably reference the Bible. Did Christ and the Apostles give instruction on prayer?
Alms...charity....Good Deeds, did Christ give instruction on that?
Virtues and morals are not works they are what Christ expects of us and what pleases the Lord.
The word suffer and its variances can mean a few things in the Bible....allow....patience....etc. When it refers to Christianity it usually is referring to Christ's Passion or that some would suffer because of their faith.
There is no requirement for fasting, but there are examples and Christ and the Apostles referred to prayer and fasting as a good thing. There is no Judgment mentioned in the Bible about not fasting. But there is judgment for certain sins that will prevent you from inheriting the kingdom of Heaven.

2nd Corinthians 5:10: For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.

1st Corinthians 6:9-10 “Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor those habitually drunk, nor verbal abusers, nor swindlers, will inherit the kingdom of God”

Galatians 5:19-21 Now the deeds of the flesh are evident, which are: sexual immorality, impurity, indecent behavior, idolatry, witchcraft, hostilities, strife, jealousy, outbursts of anger, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions, envy, drunkenness, carousing, and things like these, of which I forewarn you, just as I have forewarned you, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.

And for those that do not help their brothers and sisters in need, the parable of the Sheep and the Goats says that.....
“He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.’ “Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life.”

But you know these scriptures, you just want to preach against the Bible and God.

Be good and do good.....the Johnny Appleseed of truth

Last edited: