Great Signs from the Heaven have Begun

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Eric E Stahl

May 28, 2013
Pa. USA
[SIZE=16pt]Great Signs from the Heaven have Begun [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Luke 21:10-11[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]10[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt] Then said he unto them, Nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: [/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]11[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt] And great earthquakes shall be in divers places, and famines, and pestilences; [/SIZE][SIZE=14pt]and fearful sights and great signs shall there be from heaven.[/SIZE]

1. Comet ISON reached perihelion or the nearest point to the sun on the Jewish feast day Hanukkah on 11-28-13

1. Blood Moon on Passover 4-15-14

1. Blood Moon on Sukkoth10-8-14

1. Solar eclipse on 1st of Nison the Jewish New Year

1. Blood Moon on Passover 4-4-15

1. Partial solar eclipse 9-13-15

1. Blood supper Moon (largest moon) 9-28-15

4 Blood moons on Jewish feast days like is coming is called a tetrad and it is a sign to the Jews of some thing to happen soon. The solar eclipse on a Jewish feast day is a sign to the Gentiles that some thing is going to happen.

The last three tetrads where as follows;

1493-1494 Spanish Inquisition and all the Jews where told to leave Spain

1949-1950 Israel became a Nation and fought a war

1967-1968 Israel’s 6-day war when they reclaimed Jerusalem

The last several times there was war in Israel, the price and availability of oil was affected. Now we have many terrorist in America waiting for the right time to attack.
Our government has been preparing for martial law or something. We have been incouraged to stock up on water and food. FEMA and Homeland Security has prepositioned large stockpiles of guns ammo and meals ready to eat in FEMA area three, which is where I live now.

Another one of the signs that precedes the coming of Jesus is famine. If war in the Middle East disrupts the world food production, we could see famine. The time of Jacob’s trouble will begin at the confirming of a covenant with many for 7 years. What if the coming event cause the treaty signing!

Rocky Wiley

Aug 28, 2012
Southeast USA
Eric E Stahl said:
[SIZE=16pt]Great Signs from the Heaven have Begun [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Luke 21:10-11[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]10[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt] Then said he unto them, Nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: [/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]11[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt] And great earthquakes shall be in divers places, and famines, and pestilences; [/SIZE][SIZE=14pt]and fearful sights and great signs shall there be from heaven.[/SIZE]

1. Comet ISON reached perihelion or the nearest point to the sun on the Jewish feast day Hanukkah on 11-28-13

1. Blood Moon on Passover 4-15-14

1. Blood Moon on Sukkoth10-8-14

1. Solar eclipse on 1st of Nison the Jewish New Year

1. Blood Moon on Passover 4-4-15

1. Partial solar eclipse 9-13-15

1. Blood supper Moon (largest moon) 9-28-15

4 Blood moons on Jewish feast days like is coming is called a tetrad and it is a sign to the Jews of some thing to happen soon. The solar eclipse on a Jewish feast day is a sign to the Gentiles that some thing is going to happen.

The last three tetrads where as follows;

1493-1494 Spanish Inquisition and all the Jews where told to leave Spain

1949-1950 Israel became a Nation and fought a war

1967-1968 Israel’s 6-day war when they reclaimed Jerusalem

The last several times there was war in Israel, the price and availability of oil was affected. Now we have many terrorist in America waiting for the right time to attack.
Our government has been preparing for martial law or something. We have been incouraged to stock up on water and food. FEMA and Homeland Security has prepositioned large stockpiles of guns ammo and meals ready to eat in FEMA area three, which is where I live now.

Another one of the signs that precedes the coming of Jesus is famine. If war in the Middle East disrupts the world food production, we could see famine. The time of Jacob’s trouble will begin at the confirming of a covenant with many for 7 years. What if the coming event cause the treaty signing!
From another point of view using hermeneutics,

Luk 21:10 Then said he unto them, Nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom:
Roman armies were involved in many wars, even in Israel.

Luk 21:11 And great earthquakes shall be in divers places, and famines, and pestilences; and fearful sights and great signs shall there be from heaven.
In Josephus’ book ‘Wars of the Jews’ he pointed out signs that he seen in the heaven.

Luk 21:12 But before all these, they shall lay their hands on you, and persecute you, delivering you up to the synagogues, and into prisons, being brought before kings and rulers for my name's sake.
We know that the Apostles were the ones to whom these things happened.

Luk 21:13 And it shall turn to you for a testimony.
The book of Acts is the testimony.

Luk 21:20 And when ye shall see Jerusalem compassed with armies, then know that the desolation thereof is nigh.
“ye shall see” is not you and me, but the disciples.

Luk 21:21 Then let them which are in Judaea flee to the mountains; and let them which are in the midst of it depart out; and let not them that are in the countries enter thereinto.
Roman army compassed Jerusalem around 66 AD, and totally destroyed the temple in 70 AD. This is what Daniel spoke about.

Luk 21:22 For these be the days of vengeance, that all things which are written may be fulfilled.
‘all things which are written', is the old testament prophecies. That includes Daniel’s prophecy and Leviticus 26.

Luk 21:31 So likewise ye, when ye see these things come to pass, know ye that the kingdom of God is nigh at hand.
‘when ye see’, the disciples would see it, not us.

Luk 21:32 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass away, till all be fulfilled.
‘I say unto you’, the disciples, their generation would see these things, and they did.

No need to scare the kids, it has already happened.

Be blessed

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
Eric ... I have a friend who is all caught up in this "tetrad" stuff and I advised caution.

NASA can map out all the historical and future eclipses accurately .... but religious book sellers trying to reconcile them to earth (Israel) happenings is where it becomes weak . .... the pieces do not fit very well so they soften the data up ..... eg May 14 1948 was an important "day" for Israel , not 1949-1950 so much.

Same as 1492 .... just another bump in the road for the Jews .... been lots of them without "tetrads"

COMETS ????? nearly every comet has been "the end of the world" to somebody somewhere

Biggest thing is when the moon turns to blood the bible also says the sun will be darkened and not give its light ... and those things happen on the day of the lord and a whole lot of other stuff goes on as well ..... a little eclipse here and there is not it.

So I would use caution and observe how facts are molded , and notice how much info is ignored because it does not fit the storyline

Eric E Stahl

May 28, 2013
Pa. USA
Arnie Manitoba said:
Eric ... I have a friend who is all caught up in this "tetrad" stuff and I advised caution.

NASA can map out all the historical and future eclipses accurately .... but religious book sellers trying to reconcile them to earth (Israel) happenings is where it becomes weak . .... the pieces do not fit very well so they soften the data up ..... eg May 14 1948 was an important "day" for Israel , not 1949-1950 so much.

Same as 1492 .... just another bump in the road for the Jews .... been lots of them without "tetrads"

COMETS ????? nearly every comet has been "the end of the world" to somebody somewhere

Biggest thing is when the moon turns to blood the bible also says the sun will be darkened and not give its light ... and those things happen on the day of the lord and a whole lot of other stuff goes on as well ..... a little eclipse here and there is not it.

So I would use caution and observe how facts are molded , and notice how much info is ignored because it does not fit the storyline
Thank you Arnie,

I sure hope nothing happens. The government seems to prepareing for somthing big. What do they know?

Dodo_David

Melmacian in human guise
Jul 13, 2013
Eric E Stahl said:
Thank you Arnie,

I sure hope nothing happens. The government seems to prepareing for somthing big. What do they know?

Uh, aren't you begging the question by saying, "The government seems to prepareing for somthing big. What do they know?"

Eric E Stahl

May 28, 2013
Pa. USA
Dodo_David said:
Uh, aren't you begging the question by saying, "The government seems to prepareing for somthing big. What do they know?"
I am not sure what you mean. When I go to the store to buy some ammo at hunting season and they tell me the government is buying all the ammo, it makes me wonder why. They have also bought 14,000,000 mres ( meals ready to eat). There are other signs that something big is expected by the government.

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
Eric E Stahl said:
Thank you Arnie,

The world has sure changed in the past 20 years

A world power such as America is absent in scriptures and that seemed strange 20-30 years ago when we tried to understand prophecy .... some predicted America would have to decline on the world stage and wow !!! it is like we are maybe seeing that now.

I think America will be OK in the long run ... plenty of good people there .... the spotlight will be on Israel for the future and the nations surrounding her. Obama has softened support for Israel (big mistake) ... yet I think it was meant to be

Retrobyter

Oct 29, 2011
Tampa Bay, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Shalom, Rocky Wiley.

Rocky Wiley said:
From another point of view using hermeneutics,

Luk 21:10 Then said he unto them, Nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom:
Roman armies were involved in many wars, even in Israel.

Luk 21:11 And great earthquakes shall be in divers places, and famines, and pestilences; and fearful sights and great signs shall there be from heaven.
In Josephus’ book ‘Wars of the Jews’ he pointed out signs that he seen in the heaven.

Luk 21:12 But before all these, they shall lay their hands on you, and persecute you, delivering you up to the synagogues, and into prisons, being brought before kings and rulers for my name's sake.
We know that the Apostles were the ones to whom these things happened.

Luk 21:13 And it shall turn to you for a testimony.
The book of Acts is the testimony.

Luk 21:20 And when ye shall see Jerusalem compassed with armies, then know that the desolation thereof is nigh.
“ye shall see” is not you and me, but the disciples.

Luk 21:21 Then let them which are in Judaea flee to the mountains; and let them which are in the midst of it depart out; and let not them that are in the countries enter thereinto.
Roman army compassed Jerusalem around 66 AD, and totally destroyed the temple in 70 AD. This is what Daniel spoke about.

Luk 21:22 For these be the days of vengeance, that all things which are written may be fulfilled.
‘all things which are written', is the old testament prophecies. That includes Daniel’s prophecy and Leviticus 26.

Luk 21:31 So likewise ye, when ye see these things come to pass, know ye that the kingdom of God is nigh at hand.
‘when ye see’, the disciples would see it, not us.

Luk 21:32 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass away, till all be fulfilled.
‘I say unto you’, the disciples, their generation would see these things, and they did.

No need to scare the kids, it has already happened.

Be blessed
Sorry, bro', but the Preterist view on Matthew 24 (and 25), Mark 13, and Luke 21 is INSUFFICIENT to explain it all away! While I would agree with you that verses that use the pronouns "ye" and "you," including the verbs that use the second-person understood, referred to the first century, there are DEFINITELY portions that can't be "swept under the first-century rug" by allegorizing them away! Not all of Yeshua`s words were fulfilled in the first century.

In fact, some of His words can ONLY be truly fulfilled by MANY YEARS of events! It's not enough to just wish it away or explain it away in generalities or allegories.

Shalom, Eric.

Eric E Stahl said:
I am not sure what you mean. When I go to the store to buy some ammo at hunting season and they tell me the government is buying all the ammo, it makes me wonder why. They have also bought 14,000,000 mres ( meals ready to eat). There are other signs that something big is expected by the government.
Actually, the government is preparing for the worst because the value of the dollar is getting so small! It's hard to judge what the economy is going to do over the next 5 years, and the figures for the next 10 years scare them. And, it should! The government can't even handle all the problems associated with a national health care absorption! We were a nation founded on FREE TRADE! For them to nationalize something so big as the health care for a country our size was doomed to have all sorts of problems! It was a pipe dream from the git-go!

I doubt they even CARE what the tetrad is going to mean, except as it affects the millions of people panicked by the media scare.

Dodo_David

Melmacian in human guise
Jul 13, 2013
Eric E Stahl said:
Uh, can you cite the URL for the sources of such information? What if what you are saying is just gossip?

Rocky Wiley

Aug 28, 2012
Southeast USA
Retrobyter said:
Shalom, Rocky Wiley.

Sorry, bro', but the Preterist view on Matthew 24 (and 25), Mark 13, and Luke 21 is INSUFFICIENT to explain it all away! While I would agree with you that verses that use the pronouns "ye" and "you," including the verbs that use the second-person understood, referred to the first century, there are DEFINITELY portions that can't be "swept under the first-century rug" by allegorizing them away! Not all of Yeshua`s words were fulfilled in the first century.

In fact, some of His words can ONLY be truly fulfilled by MANY YEARS of events! It's not enough to just wish it away or explain it away in generalities or allegories.
Retrobyter,

I feel you certainly must have some Greek background. But, my friend, you aren't really telling me I am wrong, you are telling the Greek scholars that translated that Greek to the English language that they did not understand Greek. I have enough faith in God that he would not make everyone learn Greek so that we could understand.

Mat 24:32 Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When his branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is nigh:
Mat 24:33 So likewise ye, when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors.
When ye (the disciples) see ALL these things.

Mat 24:34 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.
Verily I say unto you (disciples) This generation (their generation} shall not pass till ALL these things be fulfilled.

I know that those things happened because the last thing Jesus mentioned was the fact that Heaven and Earth (the temple) would pass away but his word would be forever (the bible we read in English).The temple was destroyed in 70 AD and that was the last day and it happened in their generation.

I am not going to the history books to try to show you that all things did happen, I take the word of God that they did.

Be blessed

Dodo_David

Melmacian in human guise
Jul 13, 2013
Rocky Wiley said:
... the last thing Jesus mentioned was the fact that Heaven and Earth (the temple) would pass away but his word would be forever (the bible we read in English).
Huh? Nowhere does the Bible mention the English language, let alone any English version of the Bible.

Perhaps you are referring to the Lord's words as they are recorded in the oldest Greek New Testament manuscripts.

day

Aug 2, 2012
Idaho, USA
The problem I see with the blood moons and eclipses is that they are not visible in Israel. To be significant it seems they should be visible there, not in North America.

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
day ..... good point !!!

Eric .... in my earlier posts I should have mentioned I would be thrilled if there was a correlation between Israel events and Moon events , or even Jewish festival dates etc.

It actually would not surprise me if there was a pattern there somewhere .... my problem is when people bend and modify facts and add imaginations to make it work.

I figure if God has an established pattern it would be a slam dunk every time

Dan57

Sep 25, 2012
Illinois
Faith
Country
United States
Retrobyter said:

Shalom, Eric.
I tend to agree, I suspect that Christ new his words would be recorded, so when his gospel says "you", its often applicable to all who read it. Of course, Christ always addressed the audience who posed the questions. But "you" can be a generic reference used to illustrate a point, it needn't be specific or limited to just those listening at the time. When Jesus told Peter, "You shall deny me thrice", that's a comment of singular distinction and direction. But if Jesus said to you, 'When you hear the birds chirping, morning has come', a comment like that contains information where "you" can be universally relevant to everyone, not just you.

Imo, "This generation" is a future reference because the events described have yet to materialize. It requires the reader to think, instead of just looking at the words. Even Jesus said; "whoso readeth, let him understand" (Matthew 24:15). Clearly, Jesus was referring to the generation of the fig tree, which is why he told us to "Learn it" in verse 32.

"When the Lord shall build up Zion, he shall appear in his glory. This shall be written for the generation to come: and the people which shall be created shall praise the Lord" (Psalm 102:16&18)

Rocky Wiley said:
Mat 24:34 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.
Verily I say unto you (disciples) This generation (their generation} shall not pass till ALL these things be fulfilled.

I know that those things happened because the last thing Jesus mentioned was the fact that Heaven and Earth (the temple) would pass away but his word would be forever (the bible we read in English).The temple was destroyed in 70 AD and that was the last day and it happened in their generation.
What was the question the disciples asked Jesus?; "Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world?"( Matthew 24:3). That's the subject.. Jesus then tells them of all the signs that would proceed his second coming, like the Abomination of Desolation and the Great Tribulation, neither of which happened in the generation of the disciples. Jesus also said; "And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come" (Matthew 24:14). Did that happen during the first century? No.. Did Jesus return in 70AD? No.. Jesus was telling them that once all of these cataclysmic events and apocalyptic signs took place, that it was "this generation" who witnessed these specific events that would not pass away. Jesus is clearly referring to "this generation I am talking about" rather than "this generation I am talking to". Even if you can't grammatically grasp the contextual reference, the events described didn't happen, so the use of some deductive reasoning helps to figure it out.

You are partly correct, but Jesus wasn't referring to the present day generation; "And when ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars, be ye not troubled: for such things must needs be; but the end shall not be yet. For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be earthquakes in divers places, and there shall be famines and troubles: these are the beginnings of sorrows" (Mark 13:7-8). Clearly, these are not prophesies or signs of the end. But Jesus went on to say that the generation that see's "the abomination of desolation standing where he ought not" (Mark13:14), and the generation that witnesses the parable/prophecy of the fig tree being fulfilled (vs 28-29), that its "this generation that shall not pass till all these things be done" (Mark 13:30).

daq

HSN#1851
Feb 9, 2013
Olam Haba
The first age of the man is likened to a full year with its four seasons: Fall, Winter, Spring, and Summer Harvest.
The fourth generation of the man is the most wicked of the beasts: lift up your heads for your redemption draweth nigh. :)

Retrobyter

Oct 29, 2011
Tampa Bay, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Shalom, Rocky Wiley.

Rocky Wiley said:
Retrobyter,

I feel you certainly must have some Greek background. But, my friend, you aren't really telling me I am wrong, you are telling the Greek scholars that translated that Greek to the English language that they did not understand Greek. I have enough faith in God that he would not make everyone learn Greek so that we could understand.

Mat 24:32 Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When his branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is nigh:
Mat 24:33 So likewise ye, when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors.
When ye (the disciples) see ALL these things.

I am not going to the history books to try to show you that all things did happen, I take the word of God that they did.

Be blessed
No, you're not going to the history books. The only astronomical event that Josephus recorded was the appearance of Halley's Comet in 66 A.D. This was in conjunction with the appearance of the Kaavowd (the Glory) of God's Sh'kinah (Presence), which many interpreted at the time as its departure: Iy-khaavowd ([there is] no-Glory).

§33 [6.33]
Thus there was a star 20 resembling a sword, which stood over the city, and a comet, that continued a whole year. Thus also before the Jews' rebellion, and before those commotions which preceded the war, when the people were come in great crowds to the feast of unleavened bread, on the eighth day of the month Xanthicus, 21 [Nisan,] and at the ninth hour of the night, so great a light shone round the altar and the holy house, that it appeared to be bright day time; which lasted for half an hour. This light seemed to be a good sign to the unskillful, but was so interpreted by the sacred scribes, as to portend those events that followed immediately upon it.

(from Josephus: Wars of the Jews, PC Study Bible formatted electronic database Copyright © 2003, 2006 by Biblesoft, Inc. All rights reserved.)

Secondly, when are you going to understand that "all" must fit the qualifiers in the context?!

The Greek phrase for "all these things" is "tauta panta," "panta" meaning "all." They are both plural words of the neuter gender. It is first found in this chapter in Matthew 24:2, and there it refers to all details of the buildings of the Temple that His disciples were showing Him. "Panta" by itself is in some Greek versions of Matthew 24:6, and Matthew 24:8 has the phrase at the beginning of the verse "following" the "but" ("de"). The "all (things)" in verse 6 refers to the wars and rumors (threats) of wars which Yeshua` connected to the "nation shall rise up against nation and kingdom against kingdom and there shall be famines and pestilences and earthquakes in various places" following in verse 7. This is NOT something that occurred just in the first century nor it is exclusively talking about Rome's skirmishes with other nations! Yeshua` is conveying a bigger picture than that! In verse 8, He is saying that "all those things" are just the BEGINNING of the labor pains! Again, all that He has talked about TAKES TIME TO OCCUR!

As is typical with Jewish literature, He then goes BACK to the near future in verse 9, signaled by His use of the "ye" and "you" pronouns ("humas", "esesthe" = "ye will be"), but then He drifts off into the distant future by changing the pronoun to "many" (polloi, pollous) in verses 10, 11, and 12. He doesn't "finish" His words of the distant future until verse 14 where He concludes with "then shall come the end."

Then, He goes back to the near future again in verse 15 where He is translated as saying "ideete" ("ye shall see") and this continues to be personal down to verse 20 where He uses "your flight" ("humoon"), and His words drift off into the distant future with the words "for the elects' sake" in verse 22.

He goes back to the near future in verse 23, where He again directs His warning "to you" ("humin"), His listeners. But, again, by the end of verse 24, He has drifted off to the distant future with the words "to mislead, if possible, even the elect""("planeesai, ei dunaton, kai tous eklektous"), by again changing the pronoun to the word "elect." Then, in verse 25, He concludes His prophecy with the words "look, I've foretold to you" ("idou, proeireeka humin").

So, once again, in verse 26, He goes back to the near future with His warning: "If therefore they shall say to you" ("ean oun eipoosin humin"). But, verses 27 and 28 again reflect off into the distant future and THAT is when He tells us verses 29-31...

Matthew 24:29-31
29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:
30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.
31 And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.
KJV

Not only has He already "drifted off into the distant future," but it tells us that the DURATION of the "tribulation" ("thlipsis") is LONG-LASTING! It wasn't over in the first century or even in the second century! The "tribulation" ("thlipsis") has continued for 20 centuries, and will continue until the Jews can say, "Baruwkh haba' b-Shem YHWH." "Blessed is He that cometh in the Name of the LORD," or "Welcome, Comer in the Authority of YHWH," and welcome Yeshua` back as YHWH God's Mashiach-Messiah-Christos-Christ-Anointed One!

So, in verses 34 and 35, Yeshua` is referring to those things which He as addressed TO THEM SPECIFICALLY! "Ameen legoo humin," "Truly I say to you, In no wise will have passed away this generation until 'all these things' (panta tauta or tauta panta) were become (geneetai)," or "are fulfilled."

However, this is referring to "those things" which had received the second person pronoun! Not just blanketly everything in the chapter!

We don't learn Greek to be better than the Greek scholars who translated the Scriptures into English; we learn Greek so that we can understand what precisely was meant in the English to which they translated the Scriptures! We learn Greek to BE ON THE SAME PAGE as the translators! We frequently need to ask ourselves, "WHY did the translators choose that particular word?" We might also ask, "Did this English word mean the same thing that it does today?" "Iron sharpeneth iron" is not just a phrase that applies to character; it also applies to languages. We can use one language to hone our understanding of the other language, and vice versa! We use the Greek language to be sure that we correctly understand the ENGLISH language into which our Bibles were translated!
Shalom, Dan57.

Dan57 said:
I tend to agree, I suspect that Christ new his words would be recorded, so when his gospel says "you", its often applicable to all who read it. Of course, Christ always addressed the audience who posed the questions. But "you" can be a generic reference used to illustrate a point, it needn't be specific or limited to just those listening at the time. When Jesus told Peter, "You shall deny me thrice", that's a comment of singular distinction and direction. But if Jesus said to you, 'When you hear the birds chirping, morning has come', a comment like that contains information where "you" can be universally relevant to everyone, not just you.

Imo, "This generation" is a future reference because the events described have yet to materialize. It requires the reader to think, instead of just looking at the words. Even Jesus said; "whoso readeth, let him understand" (Matthew 24:15). Clearly, Jesus was referring to the generation of the fig tree, which is why he told us to "Learn it" in verse 32.

"When the Lord shall build up Zion, he shall appear in his glory. This shall be written for the generation to come: and the people which shall be created shall praise the Lord" (Psalm 102:16&18)

What was the question the disciples asked Jesus?; "Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world?"( Matthew 24:3). That's the subject.. Jesus then tells them of all the signs that would proceed his second coming, like the Abomination of Desolation and the Great Tribulation, neither of which happened in the generation of the disciples. Jesus also said; "And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come" (Matthew 24:14). Did that happen during the first century? No.. Did Jesus return in 70AD? No.. Jesus was telling them that once all of these cataclysmic events and apocalyptic signs took place, that it was "this generation" who witnessed these specific events that would not pass away. Jesus is clearly referring to "this generation I am talking about" rather than "this generation I am talking to". Even if you can't grammatically grasp the contextual reference, the events described didn't happen, so the use of some deductive reasoning helps to figure it out.

You are partly correct, but Jesus wasn't referring to the present day generation; "And when ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars, be ye not troubled: for such things must needs be; but the end shall not be yet. For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be earthquakes in divers places, and there shall be famines and troubles: these are the beginnings of sorrows" (Mark 13:7-8). Clearly, these are not prophesies or signs of the end. But Jesus went on to say that the generation that see's "the abomination of desolation standing where he ought not" (Mark13:14), and the generation that witnesses the parable/prophecy of the fig tree being fulfilled (vs 28-29), that its "this generation that shall not pass till all these things be done" (Mark 13:30).
Sorry, but Greek doesn't use su ("you" singular) or humeis ("you" plural) in such a generic way. It has another verb tense for that. That's an English thing, and not formal English either! In English, it is better to say, "When one hears the birds chirping, morning has come." This is why I say that it's important to understand the English into which the Greek is translated!

This is also why this passage is not correctly placed totally in the future, as certain premillennialists will do. That is just as bad as the preterists putting everything in the past! With trouble coming their way in less than 40 years, wouldn't it make sense that Yeshua` would warn His followers DIRECTLY of the coming destruction, even if some of His discourse were about the distant future (our future), totally beyond their personal experience?

Eric E Stahl

May 28, 2013
Pa. USA
Daniel 11:39-45
39Thus shall he (666) do in the most strong holds with a strange god, whom he shall acknowledge and increase with glory: and he shall cause them to rule over many, and shall divide the land for gain.

( Israel will be divided before the war of Magog.)
( next is Isaiah 17,19 & Psalm 83 war between Israel and her local neighbors)

40And at the time of the end shall the king of the south push at him: and the king of the north shall come against him like a whirlwind, with chariots, and with horsemen, and with many ships; and he shall enter into the countries, and shall overflow and pass over.
41He shall enter also into the glorious land, and many countries shall be overthrown: but these shall escape out of his hand, even Edom, and Moab, and the chief of the children of Ammon.
42He shall stretch forth his hand also upon the countries: and the land of Egypt shall not escape.
43But he shall have power over the treasures of gold and of silver, and over all the precious things of Egypt:

( Next God puts a hook in the jaw of Magog (Russia) and her Ezekiel 38 allies.)

and the Libyans and the Ethiopians shall be at his steps.
44But tidings out of the east (Persia) and out of the north (Russia) shall trouble him: therefore he shall go forth with great fury to destroy, and utterly to make away many.
45And he shall plant the tabernacles of his palace between the seas in the glorious holy mountain; yet he shall come to his end, and none shall help him.

(But what is coming soon may lead to the covenant to divided Israel.)

daq

HSN#1851
Feb 9, 2013
Olam Haba
Eric E Stahl said:
45And he shall plant the tabernacles of his palace between the seas in the glorious holy mountain; yet he shall come to his end, and none shall help him.
Ahh, Har Tsebiy Qodesh ~

lake-gennesaret-fire.jpg

That glorious-gazelle and holy white-throne lbanown mountain between the Seas . . .

Dodo_David

Melmacian in human guise
Jul 13, 2013
Dodo_David said:
Uh, can you cite the URL for the sources of such information? What if what you are saying is just gossip?
Eric E Stahl said:
If you googel "8 supper-signs in the heavens " it should come up.
You make the claim. You post the sources to back it up. Otherwise, I will have no reason to believe it.