Greetings From Michigan

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Person

Oct 23, 2010
Michigan
Greetings fellow Christians,

My name is Robert.

When I was around 7 or 8 years old I remember seeing an old Bible my parents had in storage. Right then and there I knew that there was something very,very important about what was written in that book. It wasn't until later that I started to dig into it; sometimes slipping away fom study, but thankfully God has always been there for me when I came to my senses(or:He brought me back to my senses for whatever reasons) about what is to me the only genuinely worthwhile pursuit in life: Salvation through Jesus Christ. Learning about how God feels; and how to please Him and receive the amazing gifts that He offers to those who love Him, and to have a close relationship with Him by studying The Bible and by trying to apply in everyday life the principles found within it. My rate of success varies from time to time depending on various internal and external factors; but that proves that I'm only human.

Have been involved in discussion/debate via the internet for about the past year.

I have a few cats who are beautiful creations and wonderful companions.

I enjoy making music and have played many instruments over the years, even teaching on a few.

A King James Bible(Companion Bible) and a Strong's Concordance are the basic tools that I use in my personal studies.

Looking forward.

Thanks,

A. Person

Ed J

Aug 11, 2010
Greetings fellow Christians,

My name is Robert.

When I was around 7 or 8 years old I remember seeing an old Bible my parents had in storage. Right then and there I knew that there was something very,very important about what was written in that book. It wasn't until later that I started to dig into it; sometimes slipping away fom study, but thankfully God has always been there for me when I came to my senses(or:He brought me back to my senses for whatever reasons) about what is to me the only genuinely worthwhile pursuit in life: Salvation through Jesus Christ. Learning about how God feels; and how to please Him and receive the amazing gifts that He offers to those who love Him, and to have a close relationship with Him by studying The Bible and by trying to apply in everyday life the principles found within it. My rate of success varies from time to time depending on various internal and external factors; but that proves that I'm only human.

Have been involved in discussion/debate via the internet for about the past year.

I have a few cats who are beautiful creations and wonderful companions.

I enjoy making music and have played many instruments over the years, even teaching on a few.

A King James Bible(Companion Bible) and a Strong's Concordance are the basic tools that I use in my personal studies.

Looking forward.

Thanks,

A. Person
Hi Robert,

Welcome to the Forum; may your time here be a blessing to us all!
Do you mean the Companion Bible by E. W. Bullinger?

God bless
Ed J

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Welcome to the Christianity Board! If you're speaking of the Companion Bible that I think you are speaking of, it is the best Study Bible around IMHO. I do wish we had something of that inspiration in a more modern translation, though. I feel like many times I'm trying to use an excellent reference but explain the wording in King's English.