Growing in Spiritual Maturity - Being, not doing

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I know atheists that behave more like Christians than most of us.
Does that make them "more" Christian in others eyes?
I suppose you would say "it's likely that they will assume, that Christians are somewhere (on the basis of atheism)"

The point is, that faith inspires work, and work justifies meaning - if atheists consistently were inspired to do good works, I imagine a new kind of creed would develop within their ranks; good or bad I don't know, but Christians would never be less Christian (as a result)

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Faith would be the BEING part of the DOING in that equation, correct?
No, it is a transition to something "new" altogether. Or rather, a transition back to work, in a way that seems "new".

Faith is the CONTINUING of the "inspiration part" in a different context (one more suited to the work).

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, it is a transition to something "new" altogether. Or rather, a transition back to work, in a way that seems "new".

Faith is the CONTINUING of the "inspiration part" in a different context (one more suited to the work).
How is "a transition to something "new" altogether" not BEING?

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
How is "a transition to something "new" altogether" not BEING?
It might be "being", but it might be something else altogether.

It's about what inspires you. The Devil wants to quash your faith, so he says "there is some type of rule, to your faith" - when in reality your faith could be dynamic in an almost infinite numbers of ways.

Reactions: St. SteVen

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It might be "being", but it might be something else altogether.

It's about what inspires you. The Devil wants to quash your faith, so he says "there is some type of rule, to your faith" - when in reality your faith could be dynamic in an almost infinite numbers of ways.
I think I am starting to follow what you are saying.
Tell us more about this inspiration aspect. Can you cite an example in spiritual maturity?

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I think I am starting to follow what you are saying.
Tell us more about this inspiration aspect. Can you cite an example in spiritual maturity?
The simple example, is going the extra mile. If you think of faith as "works", you are prepared to go one mile, if you are inspired by faith, you are prepared to go an extra mile.

• Love

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The simple example, is going the extra mile. If you think of faith as "works", you are prepared to go one mile, if you are inspired by faith, you are prepared to go an extra mile.
That's good. Thanks.
I now better understand what you are trying to say.

What is the difference between the believer that goes a mile and the one that goes the extra mile?
What did the extra mile represent in that day?

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
That's good. Thanks.

What is the difference between the believer that goes a mile and the one that goes the extra mile?

One is more Yielded to God is the "spiritual" answer, but it could be something like this........

- A young pastor and his wife, ... are staying in a new town for a few days..., hoping to get the Job at a small church who's Pastor moved on to heaven.
So, for 2 Sundays in a row, morning and night service, the Young Pastor came in, and "preached up a storm" as His Smiling pretty wife with her overly whitened teeth shook hands till she was arm weary and yet still looked pretty in pink and white.

They were told on the 2nd Sunday night after the service by the Treasurer...that ..,"we'll let you know something this week".

On Thursday, the young couple's phone rang in their Hotel, and they were told by the Church Treasurer, ..."if you want the Pulpit, we feel that God would have this as His divine will..... what do you say""".

The young Pastor.... now pausing for effect said....."well, im humbled that you would even consider me......so..... what i need to do, is pray about it, and seek God, so that i feel the same leading as you do, which confirms that we are all in God's Will"..... So, He hung up.

His wife was looking at him from across the Hotel room, and he was smiling a big wide smile.....and she said...."well''?

And he relied.....""""We Got it !! ""

""""By their fruit you shall know them, Hallelujah Hallelujah all the Angels sang""

Last edited:
Reactions: Ritajanice

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
That's good. Thanks.

I think what is probably more accurate, is that some Christians will go one and a half miles - saying "oh no! When Jesus said 'extra' He meant, additional in general" - you see they are twisting His words.

Saying faith is "not of works", is not meant to mean 'inspiration takes a back seat'. If anything faith not being 'of works', should mean we have greater inspiration. As Jesus said "greater works disciples will do, because I go to the Father". If we do "greater works" how is it that our faith is not inspired? Greatest work, comes by the seed of inspiration.

I think what I need to do about this, is pray, actually. I appreciate your attention, in this respect.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's good to be - and know what you believe in your heart by knowing the Lord Jesus, and who raised Christ up from the dead.

It really does make a world of difference, in my opinion.

It should be encouraged to others to read their bible of course (i feel in a setting like this) there are those who may struggle, but if they can read and write on here, it may be tough to read the bible but it doesn't eliminate the possibility of doing so.

My mother is 61 years old, and she will let me read the bible to her but she doesn't read it herself and that is fine, however, she misses out on building up on the foundation of Christ, though she is a confessed believer in the heart of God raising Christ up from the dead.

The more you grow and learn, the more you are conformed in the image of Christ - however it's so important to do it properly, because not everything written with-in the bible is directly stated as something you must do but is actually talking to the people at the time, and there has to be a distinguishing factor between the two - while teaching. There times when I stop and explain to my mother these concepts cause not everything was written for us, like predestination dealt with primarily God chosen nation of Israel, and not "every single person in the world today".

Last edited:

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I noticed a LIKE reaction to this topic OP.

I had forgotten all about this topic.

Are you a human DOING, or a human BEING?