Guilt

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Madad21

Boast in Christ
Dec 28, 2013
I love Christ deeply and I study as much as possible, this year I am looking forward to a Bible college course as an adult.
I hope one day I might teach Biblical History. I try to live my life in society reflecting the love of Christ and not acting like those in the world, I make a conscious effort to be like this, always reminding myself the scripture out of Romans "As far as its up to me I shall be at peace with all men." before I leave my house to do anything.

And before I go any further I just want to establish that I in no way believe in "Works" as a way of earning Salvation.

However I feel guilty because though I work nights to make a living. I dont do as much as I can as a Christian in as far as his great commision is concerned.

things like
Preaching the gospel, feeding the hungry being a prayer warrior, etc etc

I have a hunger for the Word and I do my best to gain as much knowledge as my tiny brain can handle.

As a westerner I am only a middle income day by day kinda guy, but I know I live like a king compared to others around the world who have nothing and are in constant fear of their lives.

I feel like I should be doing so much for others in Christs name as a Christian, he tells us to give up our lives for "Life".

So I feel guilty that apart from helping out the church every once in a blue moon I do nothing but procrastinate and that procrastination makes me feel fearful for my Salvation or my inheritance.

I fell I should be using my blessings to bless others as Jesus taught and I pray constantly to know my calling asking God where he wants me to go and what he wants me to do. But at the same time Im thinking maybe I need to do these studys first because he has something later and I just have to be patient.

Honestly I dont want to die knowing I have wasted so much time on stupid things instead of seizing every opportunity in this temporary life to serve Christ in every way that I could have.

But at the same time I dont have the energy to get off my butt and do anything about it and I dont know why,

Thanks Mike

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Transformation requires practice. It doesn't matter as much about the setting you happen to be in - you are where you are supposed to be - it matters how you love your neighbor. It can be little actions or big actions - we are called to serve one another. Do not let feeling guilty hold you back from serving God in your daily life. Zen Buddhists practice mindfulness by engaging all of their mind in mundane activities, like household chores. We can allow God to transform our hearts by practicing our sanctification in mundane social interactions - and when larger opportunities present themselves we can continue to practice selflessness.

It is not the devil that is in the details - it is God, and He loves to teach you how to love others, every moment.

Our culture often cultivates guilt for not being special enough - reality tv is a distortion, which makes it seem like we may be failing if we are not the center of attention. It is difficult to ignore that dynamic - but we must remember that the best lovers of God and neighbor never received any notice at all - they are the anonymous cloud of witnesses.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
The moment you wake up, spend time with your family or walk out your door to go to work at night....you have entered the mission field. God can use you anywhere...

I am in a similar situation but I make sure that I have at least an hour available to pray on a daily basis. I just don't feel right if I don't pray... :huh:

I have been thinking on some things that I believe that the Lord has been impressing on my heart lately. He has been getting me to go that extra mile for others. Just things that I can do to help in some way and I have not been disobedient to his promptings. In doing so, God has blessed me so much in other areas of my life and walk with him. He has kept me safe from some serious storms and sometimes it feels like I just managed to escape some bad situations that others have found themselves deeply embroiled in. Most of all, I feel like I am not being stagnant but made the best of the situation executing all my ministry, wherever he chooses to plant me

Be Blessed!

Madad21

Boast in Christ
Dec 28, 2013
Nice guys, beautiful Christ likeness in both of you, I appreciate it more then you know and I have taken on board what you both have said.

Reactions: aspen

ajdiamond

Aug 18, 2011
Minnesota
Mike, the self must decrease so that Christ in you can increase. In the moment of offence, in the midst of an experience, one is primed for liberation. When you are in the middle of thinking and feeling guilt, and when you deal with it in the moment, that is the time for you to gain knowledge, wisdom, purification. You work with it and crucify the manifestion of self (guilt) right there. This is accomplished through spiritual practices like breathwork, meditation, non-attachment, etc.

Knowledge isn't gained by adding information into your memory (ie. reading the bible). Knowledge is realized, unfolded from within. It is realized in a 3-fold manner.

1. Direct experience
2. reasoning and understanding
3. confirmation from one who knows, scripture, etc

So if you humble your self while you are experiencing guilt and work in that moment of activity, you can attenuate the thought and emotion. Then understanding may come. You will be able to reason the whys and hows of it. Confirmation will come and an old scripture will be seen anew. And you have purified your vessel, opened up space, for the Christ within you. And then when the next offence comes, by whatever name, you work with that; and then the next and the next... And Christ is formed in you and you are built up In Him.

Peace.

Madad21

Boast in Christ
Dec 28, 2013
ajdiamond said:
Mike, the self must decrease so that Christ in you can increase. In the moment of offence, in the midst of an experience, one is primed for liberation. When you are in the middle of thinking and feeling guilt, and when you deal with it in the moment, that is the time for you to gain knowledge, wisdom, purification. You work with it and crucify the manifestion of self (guilt) right there. This is accomplished through spiritual practices like breathwork, meditation, non-attachment, etc.

Knowledge isn't gained by adding information into your memory (ie. reading the bible). Knowledge is realized, unfolded from within. It is realized in a 3-fold manner.

1. Direct experience
2. reasoning and understanding
3. confirmation from one who knows, scripture, etc

So if you humble your self while you are experiencing guilt and work in that moment of activity, you can attenuate the thought and emotion. Then understanding may come. You will be able to reason the whys and hows of it. Confirmation will come and an old scripture will be seen anew. And you have purified your vessel, opened up space, for the Christ within you. And then when the next offence comes, by whatever name, you work with that; and then the next and the next... And Christ is formed in you and you are built up In Him.

Peace.
Wow, thank you.
God Bless you Ajdiamond.
:)

ironmonk

May 23, 2014
Madad21 said:
I love Christ deeply and I study as much as possible, this year I am looking forward to a Bible college course as an adult.
I hope one day I might teach Biblical History. I try to live my life in society reflecting the love of Christ and not acting like those in the world, I make a conscious effort to be like this, always reminding myself the scripture out of Romans "As far as its up to me I shall be at peace with all men." before I leave my house to do anything.

And before I go any further I just want to establish that I in no way believe in "Works" as a way of earning Salvation.

However I feel guilty because though I work nights to make a living. I dont do as much as I can as a Christian in as far as his great commision is concerned.

things like
Preaching the gospel, feeding the hungry being a prayer warrior, etc etc

I have a hunger for the Word and I do my best to gain as much knowledge as my tiny brain can handle.

As a westerner I am only a middle income day by day kinda guy, but I know I live like a king compared to others around the world who have nothing and are in constant fear of their lives.

I feel like I should be doing so much for others in Christs name as a Christian, he tells us to give up our lives for "Life".

So I feel guilty that apart from helping out the church every once in a blue moon I do nothing but procrastinate and that procrastination makes me feel fearful for my Salvation or my inheritance.

I fell I should be using my blessings to bless others as Jesus taught and I pray constantly to know my calling asking God where he wants me to go and what he wants me to do. But at the same time Im thinking maybe I need to do these studys first because he has something later and I just have to be patient.

Honestly I dont want to die knowing I have wasted so much time on stupid things instead of seizing every opportunity in this temporary life to serve Christ in every way that I could have.

But at the same time I dont have the energy to get off my butt and do anything about it and I dont know why,

Thanks Mike
Better to sit on your butt for a while with faith than to go and do something without it.