Hades, Hell ... not the same place!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Zao is life

Oct 3, 2020
Africa
zaoislife.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
You are both flapping your chops and showing your respective ignorance.

This is what the Interlinear provides: -

View attachment 33085

The common translation of the consequence of eating from the tree of knowledge in Gen 2:17 is: - "but of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil you shall not eat, for in the day that you eat of it you shall surely die."

However a better translation closer to the context in which God spoke to Adam is: - "but of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil you shall not eat, for in the day that you eat of it you shall die the second death."

In the second suggested translation it references the second death that the unrighteous experiences after their judge at the end of the last age in the Great White Throne Room when Christ judges all of humanity. It is at this time that the Second death comes into play for all of our sins if our sins have not been redeemed through repentance.

Ezekiel 18? tells us that a wicked person if he repents of the sins that make him a candidate for the Second Death will live if he repents and turns to God's grace for His Salvation.

This same chapter tells us that a righteous man sins against God then he will die the second death if he does not repent.

Adam and Eve both became candidates for the second death when they ate the fruit of the Tree of Knowledge. The Bible is silent as to whether or not they repented for eating of the forbidden fruit and subsequently God redeemed them so that they could then live.

Petty bickering w.r.t. to the fall of man and its consequences when both parties are coming from a flawed theological understanding is actual futile bordering on pointlessness.

Shalom
@Jay Ross The Hebrew literally means "dying you shall die". You're stretching things a little to say it means "you shall die the "2nd death". In fact IMO you're stretching it way too much in your own wisdom.

The 2nd death is a.k.a the lake of fire and it has not happened to anyone yet. As you correctly point out, it will only occur at the GWT judgment. My theological premise is the same as yours regarding this, so if mine is flawed, yours is too.

Eternal life is in Christ alone, through union with Him, whom scripture tells us (very clearly and unambiguously) alone has eternal life in Himself, who alone is immortal.

Neither did Adam have, nor will resurrected saints have eternal life | immortality in themselves. Even the righteous man who sins against God will die the second death if he does not repent, as you correctly pointed out.

Job's friends were always wiser than both Job and God, yes. Spiritually speaking, you're one of them, because while calling others "ignorant", you're showing your own ignorance, because whatever you say after that means nothing, because like Job's friends, the rest of your post is a veiled attempt to show off your own "wisdom", which is probably wrong, claiming that Genesis 2:17's mention of death is saying "You will die the 2nd death".

Aside from that, what I have been saying about the 2nd death, is basically the same as what you said, except that only the wisest in their own eyes can accuse others of ignorance when they use dictionaries and lexicons, and I have not done that (accused anyone of being "ignorant").

You failed to notice how, by the words you chose, you began bickering with those whom you accuse of bickering. Which one of Job's friends names should we call you by?

Last edited:

Zao is life

Oct 3, 2020
Africa
zaoislife.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
You to my friend.
I did that. Long ago. Except that I didn't tell Him what is true and what isn't, like you are doing. I simply asked Him what is true and what isn't. First thing that happened is I was convicted of my own sin, so that He could open my understanding to the gospel. I praise Him for that.

Zachariah

Mar 20, 2023
Belief in government = belief in slavery.
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I did that. Long ago. Except that I didn't tell Him what is true and what isn't, like you are doing. I simply asked Him what is true and what isn't. First thing that happened is I was convicted of my own sin, so that He could open my understanding to the gospel. I praise Him for that.
Excuse me? Your not perfect my friend. Clearly after your harsh judgment and arrogant reply. Some re inspection of yourself may be in need since it was long ago since you have done that. Good day.

Zao is life

Oct 3, 2020
Africa
zaoislife.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Excuse me? Your not perfect my friend. Clearly after your harsh judgment and arrogant reply. Some re inspection of yourself may be in need since it was long ago since you have done that. Good day.
It's not arrogant and judgmental to mention the fact that the first thing God showed me was my own sin. That isn't claiming perfection, is it? Nor is it judgmental to suggest you ask God what is true and what isn't, since in all your posts you have shown that it's the last thing you have been doing.

Good day.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
When is the 2nd death?

1st Death...

1 Corinthians 15:22. "In Adam, all die".

2nd Death...>"never born again"........ and you die........you have now entered a eternal situation were you can never be restored to God..
So, what was the 1st Death, that is Spiritual separation from God, now becomes your eternal life, after your body die = 2nd Death.

Another phrase for this is...: Eternal Damnation

Its the eternal result of being the person found in this VERSE., who dies like that. = a Christ Rejector, never born again.

John 3:36

Zao is life

Oct 3, 2020
Africa
zaoislife.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
1st Death...

1 Corinthians 15:22. "In Adam, all die".

2nd Death...>"never born again"........ and you die........you have now entered a eternal situation were you can never be restored to God..
So, what was the 1st Death, that is Spiritual separation from God, now becomes your eternal life, after your body die = 2nd Death.

Another phrase for this is...: Eternal Damnation

Its the eternal result of being the person found in this VERSE., who dies like that. = a Christ Rejector, never born again.

John 3:36
Yes. 2nd death is eternal damnation. 2nd death is a.k.a the lake of fire.