Hal Lindsy Report

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

pastorlesofm

Community Guide
Jun 28, 2008
Central New York State
on.jsp
[font="Verdana][size="2"]
March, 26th 2010​
[font="Verdana][size="2"][/size][/font][font="Verdana][size="2"]This week on 'The Hal Lindsey Report'[/size][/font]On this week's edition of "The Hal Lindsey Report": Last Sunday marked a milestone in America's story. It was the day the Congress ripped the "In" out of our foundational "Declaration of Independence." They passed and the President signed our new credo. I call it our "Declaration of Dependence." In a monumental display of national selfishness, we've decided to spend the next generation's money on our health care.

In a brazen display of political arrogance, the Congress and the President ignored the wishes of an overwhelming majority of Americans. They know -- and too many Americans apparently don't realize -- that universal health care simply means universal dependence on the health care provider: the government. So we've now placed our individual health care in the hands of the same people who have bankrupted Medicare, Medicaid, Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, the Post Office, Amtrak, and just about everything else they've touched.

On a positive note, however, I have a feeling these events will drive true Christians to a greater dependence on the healing power of the Holy Spirit. Maybe we'll realize that it's wiser to trust God for our health and well-being than the bureaucracy in Washington!

Since it took power in 2009, the Obama Administration has been stonewalling Israel over its requests for critical advanced weapons systems and munitions. These requests were approved in 2008 by the Bush Administration, but President Obama has forbidden their delivery to Israel. In fact, he recently diverted a shipment of bunker-buster bombs. They're sitting in a warehouse on Diego Garcia in the Indian Ocean.

No one is admitting it, but the shipment was diverted right around the time that Israel outrageously insulted Vice President Joe Biden and, according to Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, President Obama and the entire United States. You remember, Israel insulted our national pride by announcing the approval of step four in a seven step process toward building a 1,600 unit apartment complex in a longtime Jewish neighborhood in East Jerusalem. That's the sort of insult that could make a great nation like ours collapse in a tearful heap of broken hearts!

But I smell a rat. As I reported last week, the whole incident seems 'manufactured.' It seems even more so today. Looking at the treatment Israeli Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu received at the hands of the President during his visit to Washington this week, it's obvious to me that the Administration is once again engaged in its trademark Chicago-style politics and arm-twisting. But who knows what they're after? One thing I know for sure, though, this Administration has absolutely no concern for our ally's best interests. In fact, I think President Obama is getting ready to throw Israel under the bus. And there's no way that can end well for the United States.

Finally, I want to show you a segment I recorded in April of 2009. You've heard me say before that most of the time I don't have to look at a calendar to know that Easter is near. I usually just have to look at Newsweek's cover. Like clockwork, if it bashes God, Jesus Christ, Christianity, or Christians, it must be close to the sacred holiday! Last year, Newsweek's Easter cover featured a somber announcement: "The Decline and Fall of Christian America." Well, that set me to thinking. Is Christianity dead? In this segment, I address that issue. Tune in and I'll show you how Newsweek was right on the money in one regard and way off the mark in another.

Don't miss this week's 'Report' on TBN, Daystar, CPM Network, Inspiration, various local stations, www.hallindsey.com or www.hischannel.co m

God Bless,

Hal Lindsey mail: HLMM, P.O.Box 1475, Palm Desert, CA 92261
email: [email protected] web: http://www.hallindsey.com
[/size][/font]​
[font="verdana][size="1"]Forward email[/size][/font]

[font="verdana][size="1"] This email was sent to [email protected] by [email protected].Update Profile/Email Address | Instant removal with SafeUnsubscribe™ | Privacy Policy.[/size][/font][font="verdana][size="1"]Email Marketing by [/size][/font] [font="verdana][size="1"]
Hal Lindsey Media Ministries | P.O. Box 1475 | Palm Desert | CA | 92261[/size][/font]

Martin W.

Jan 16, 2009
Winnipeg Canada
40 years ago I first took a look at Hal Lindsey's understanding of prophecy. I probably have every book he has ever written. He has ventured off into some errors of date setting and by his own admission he is a great sinner and regrets his errors and failings in his personal life.

But as far as his original dispensational structure of prophecy he has never wavered and world events unfold as he said they might..

As hard as it was to envision back in 1970 he predicted the eventual decline of America because it appeared that it would be Europe (The Roman Empire) that played a role in end times Israel events. Today we see the decline of America like never before. What once seemed impossible now looks possible.

Based on scripture he predicted the European Union with 10 key member states. Of course we now have the EU in place and if you watch carefully (as I do) you will notice every once in a while they bring up the subject of solving the middle east crisis (instead of America). There are up to 27 EU members today but if you read carefully (as I do) 10 members are key anchors and 10 members (kings) will support the (world) leader who is to come.

Slowly but surely the pieces have fallen into place and recently it is happening at breakneck speed. So far Hal Lindsey is correct.

Hal Lindsey leans heavily on previous scholarly works done by others in the late 1800's and up to 1943 . What Hal has accomplishes is he has compiled all the information into an easily readable form for (non schollars) to understand. Thus his popularity. He is still the #1 best seller of non fiction in the world. Over 30 million copies. Second only to the bible.

I have a rare 1943 copy of a carefull scholarly work done by a recognized theologian. It pretty much follows the same structure and pattern of Lindsey. In other words The Lindsey book "Late Great Planet Earth" is modeled on this earlier works by a recognized scholar.

Picture being a scholar in Paris France in 1943 and saying:
.... One day powerful America will decline
.... One day all Europe will be united and powerful and at peace.
.... One day the Jew will be returned to Palestine as a nation again

very hard to believe when you consider in 1943:
.... All Europe was at war
....America was the world power
.... Jews had not had a nation for almost 1900 years
.... Most of the Jews had been exterminated .
.... Remaining Jews were being exterminated daily.

1943 Scholarly dispensational prophecy has passed the test of time. We can observe it every day. Hal Lindsey's "Late great Planet Earth" is still worthwhile reading today.

Or you could just read today's newspaper. They pretty much say the same thing.

Everybody jumped on the prophecy bandwagon since Israel became a nation in 1948 .

I prefer to trust scholars who did not have a popular bandwagon to hitch onto.

Martin W.

[email protected]

Choir Loft
Apr 2, 2009
West Central Florida
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Most Americans are necessarily curious as to what role our country may play in future events which are focused more and more upon a tiny nation in the Middle East.

Our families, our jobs, our fortunes and perhaps our very lives depend upon it.

In addition to Mr. Lindsay's predictions, there are a number of others which do not paint a lovely picture for the future of America.

While not a self-proclaimed prophet, Billy Graham warned in his evangelical sermons of the 1960's that unless America turned to God our nation would be involved in dark times.

David Wilkerson's 1971 book predicted the decline and fall of liberty in the United States.
None took it seriously at the time. It couldn't happen here, right?
Few understand the depth of the issue today, but all of us have heard about the reality of it one way or another.

There is a pervasive sense in this country that someone or something else is in control; certainly not us.
Whatever or whoever it is, they aren't looking out for our best interests.

Yet another series of prophecies which began in the mid 1990's stated that the United States was headed for a major division of states - ending in secession.

People joked about it at the time, but its not quite so funny today.
It's actually being considered as a legitimate solution to our national dilemma.

Why is prophecy never seriously considered?

How much heartache and despair might be avoided if it were?

pastorlesofm

Community Guide
Jun 28, 2008
Central New York State
rjp,
To each his own I guess but I do not go by what these pro-rapture boy teach.

SS I understand, more than likely your right, and I'll take your thoughts to good thinking. I will not post anymore from Hal Lindsey. It is ok to delete this if you'd like to, no problem. Love you all in Jesus Name

Paul

Aug 19, 2006
SS I understand, more than likely your right, and I'll take your thoughts to good thinking. I will not post anymore from Hal Lindsey. It is ok to delete this if you'd like to, no problem. Love you all in Jesus Name

No pastorles, you don't need to stop, just remember when you read his material he might be writing it from a little different point of view. That is a part of Christian discernment.

[email protected]

Choir Loft
Apr 2, 2009
West Central Florida
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
rjp,
To each his own I guess but I do not go by what these pro-rapture boy teach.

The biggest problem with Rapture philosophy (it isn't theology by the way), is that it does nothing to encourage the body of Christ.
It almost always degenerates into a meaningless squabble.

A personal friend who recently attended a Christian conference of missionaries and pastors in South Africa informed me that they voted to reject all teaching about the Rapture for this reason alone.
It is useless, meaningless and does nothing to encourage hope and courage among the faithful.
On the surface it may appear to do so, but in actual practice it causes division rather than unity.
It is worse than useless.

It does sell books, however, and serves to enlarge the wallets of those who feed on fear.

The biggest problem with the Rapture is that there is not a single thing any man can do about it.

There are lots and lots of things that the Bible says we are empowered to do in life.
Why do we not concern ourselves with them instead?

pastorlesofm

Community Guide
Jun 28, 2008
Central New York State
No pastorles, you don't need to stop, just remember when you read his material he might be writing it from a little different point of view. That is a part of Christian discernment.

Amen, Thank you Brother Paul. I do some weeding before I post, although I tend to miss some weeds. (My senior moment) lol.

[email protected]

Choir Loft
Apr 2, 2009
West Central Florida
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
In his first book, Hal Lindsay mentioned events that would signal the end times.
One of those events was supposed to be an increase in the number of earthquakes throughout the planet.

That much is true. We have seen an increase in earthquakes.

....but then Mr. Lindsay proceeded to build a house on top of the San Andreas fault, one of the largest centers of earthquake activity on the continent.

???????????

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Umm......after the predictions of the "The Late Great Planet Earth" hasn't Hal proven himself to be a false prophet? Where do people stand on Lindsey as a teacher or prophet today?

Martin W.

Jan 16, 2009
Winnipeg Canada
Umm......after the predictions of the "The Late Great Planet Earth" hasn't Hal proven himself to be a false prophet? Where do people stand on Lindsey as a teacher or prophet today?

Hal Lindsey never made the claim that he was a prophet.

If he is not claiming to be a prophet ... then accusing him of being a false prophet ... is a false accusation. My opinion.

Hal was a tugboat captain who became a christian , studied Greek and Hebrew , then did his best to lay out end time events in a manner most folks could understand.

He is far from perfect , and will admit it , and besides , he caused more interest in end time knowledge than the Roman church did in 1900 years.

I find it interesting that when the Lord needs a knowledge revival he never uses the guy's wearing scarlet robes and polishing golden candle sticks. Or fiddling with beads.

He tends to use tugboat captains, tax collectors, fishermen, and sinners. Think about it.

I enjoy all your posts Aspen. Thanks. You always have intelligent and thoughtful questions. Please continue.

I was around in the 1970's when late great planet earth came out. It became the best selling non-fiction book of all time , second only to the bible. It created a huge interest in eschatology that continues today.

Hal will be the first one to tell us he is far from perfect. He will also tell you he made very little money from the 30 million books he sold. He was happy to sell the first five thousand , and then he signed the rights over to the mass paperback market and received a pittance for himself.

Prophecy is a difficult subject. Tugboat captains can sometimes make it a bit easier.

Thanks everybody

A. Martin. M.
Woodside.

JarBreaker

Apr 6, 2010

I heard he recently reversed positions on a lot of things but havent checked into him myself, so im not sure exactly what.

revturmoil

Feb 26, 2011
New Hampshire's North Woods
rjp34652

You said,

Most Americans are necessarily curious as to what role our country may play in future events which are focused more and more upon a tiny nation in the Middle East.

Our families, our jobs, our fortunes and perhaps our very lives depend upon it.

In addition to Mr. Lindsay's predictions, there are a number of others which do not paint a lovely picture for the future of America.

While not a self-proclaimed prophet, Billy Graham warned in his evangelical sermons of the 1960's that unless America turned to God our nation would be involved in dark times.

David Wilkerson's 1971 book predicted the decline and fall of liberty in the United States.
There is a pervasive sense in this country that someone or something else is in control; certainly not us.
Whatever or whoever it is, they aren't looking out for our best interests.

What or who is in control in the USA???

That would be big buisness, our government, capitalism, and whatever the evil ones have influenced.

Yet another series of prophecies which began in the mid 1990's stated that the United States was headed for a major division of states - ending in secession.

People joked about it at the time, but its not quite so funny today.
It's actually being considered as a legitimate solution to our national dilemma.

Why is prophecy never seriously considered?

How much heartache and despair might be avoided if it were?

I don't know what future is in store for America. I'm sure there are changes coming. I do think terrorism and war will soon bring famine, disease, and tribulation to the world as well as the revelation of the man of sin.

As Christian's we should prepare for tribulation. There are several Christian survival sites that have great info on preparing. Post and pre tribbers need to have an exit stratergy in case of a nuclear, chemical, or biological attack and implement a food and water storage plan etc.

We shouldn't lock ouselves into one particular set of beliefs about the end times but keep an open mind and be willing to change it. The worse thing we can do is believe we have eschatology all figured out because how can anything new be revealed to us if we believe we are already enlightened and have all the truth.

The biggest problem with Rapture philosophy (it isn't theology by the way), is that it does nothing to encourage the body of Christ.

It almost always degenerates into a meaningless squabble.

A personal friend who recently attended a Christian conference of missionaries and pastors in South Africa informed me that they voted to reject all teaching about the Rapture for this reason alone.

It is useless, meaningless and does nothing to encourage hope and courage among the faithful.
On the surface it may appear to do so, but in actual practice it causes division rather than unity.
It is worse than useless.

It does sell books, however, and serves to enlarge the wallets of those who feed on fear.

The biggest problem with the Rapture is that there is not a single thing any man can do about it.

I agree with that with about pretribulationism. One purpose of the tribulation period is to help purify the church as well as bring many to Christ before the Day of the Lord.

People are moving away from pre-trib theory. It's too extensive of a theory not to see the red flags. I'm surprised how many people have accepted it as truth and how many high profile preachers are teaching it. People like Lindsey have not only made millions but have misled millions. Hal Lindsey doesn't have much of anything good to say about post tribbers. That's too bad because Jesus is a Post-Tribber!

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

If he is not claiming to be a prophet ... then accusing him of being a false prophet ... is a false accusation. My opinion.

Hal was a tugboat captain who became a christian , studied Greek and Hebrew , then did his best to lay out end time events in a manner most folks could understand.

He is far from perfect , and will admit it , and besides , he caused more interest in end time knowledge than the Roman church did in 1900 years.

I find it interesting that when the Lord needs a knowledge revival he never uses the guy's wearing scarlet robes and polishing golden candle sticks. Or fiddling with beads.

He tends to use tugboat captains, tax collectors, fishermen, and sinners. Think about it.

I enjoy all your posts Aspen. Thanks. You always have intelligent and thoughtful questions. Please continue.

I was around in the 1970's when late great planet earth came out. It became the best selling non-fiction book of all time , second only to the bible. It created a huge interest in eschatology that continues today.

Hal will be the first one to tell us he is far from perfect. He will also tell you he made very little money from the 30 million books he sold. He was happy to sell the first five thousand , and then he signed the rights over to the mass paperback market and received a pittance for himself.

Prophecy is a difficult subject. Tugboat captains can sometimes make it a bit easier.

Thanks everybody

A. Martin. M.
Woodside.

Interesting perspective - thanks Martin

[email protected]

Choir Loft
Apr 2, 2009
West Central Florida
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States

Thanks everybody

A. Martin. M.
Woodside.

Not claimed to be a prophet? I don't recall him ever saying he was.
Nevertheless he sells books, enjoys hosting a TV show, etc.
If you've ever written and published a book, you'll know that the important thing is to get your story out.
It is seldom about the money.

Lindsay has established himself as a pseudo-prophet because there are thousands if not millions of people who hang upon SOME of his predictions.

Don't get me wrong. I find no error in that status.
In point of fact, God seems to have spoken to us through an entire chorus of voices just like Mr. Lindsay.

The problem with the chorus is that their voices titillate the mind, but do not activate the heart or animate society.
The message is clearly from God; that we as a society have grieved the Almighty and that we need to repent.

The theory is righteousness and the actions of God in history.
The practice is that man doesn't care about God, that man is focused on his own way, and that man will wreck himself and our planet if unchecked.

[email protected]

Choir Loft
Apr 2, 2009
West Central Florida
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
rjp34652

You said,

What or who is in control in the USA???

That would be big buisness, our government, capitalism, and whatever the evil ones have influenced.

Your statement agrees with my observations and research.
The cadre you mentioned are generally classified as the oligarchy, or the oligarchs.
Note that in the fall of every nation, there are those who make off with as much of the nation's money as possible.
We've seen it in S.A. and we see it again and again in the middle east.

In America, over three years after the greatest financial fraud ever pertetuated upon the American people, not one of the corporate leaders who orchestrated the thing have gone to jail.
While the private banks and corporations are fleecing our wallets, the government is putting chains upon us by taking away the rights that God gave us (God, not the government).

Finally, the Pentagon is like a runaway train.
It has assumed the power and intent of a second American government.
THE PENTAGON IS NO LONGER UNDER CIVILIAN CONTROL

Case in point is that every president since Kennedy has promised to reduce the size of the military and to reduce American military involvement in foreign affairs.
NONE HAS SUCCEEDED.
Either they are all liars, which I find hard to beieve, they are all corrupt, which is equally difficult to swallow, or they are all impotent to stop it (hmmmmm).

Most Americans don't realize that or refuse to believe it.
The America that I grew up believing in - is dead. The military is no longer our friend.
The Pentagon is a greater thief than all the bankers and CEO's combined.
The American flag flies over our homes, our communities and our nations, but the Pentagon has stolen it for their own agenda.

Do we really need a military that is larger than the next 15 nations combined (12 of which are our allies)?

Our enemy is that which would take away our God given liberty.
Our modern American militarist attitude would have us believe that those enemies are principally foreign when they are actually domestic.

revturmoil

Feb 26, 2011
New Hampshire's North Woods
Your statement agrees with my observations and research.
The cadre you mentioned are generally classified as the oligarchy, or the oligarchs.
Note that in the fall of every nation, there are those who make off with as much of the nation's money as possible.
We've seen it in S.A. and we see it again and again in the middle east.

That seems to be common place today. Two years ago the G-20 nations said the cause of the finalcial crisis was "unscrupulous American capitalism."
They're taking all they can while they can. Every severe recession in my lifetime came after 8 years of a republican executive branch. Deregulation of banks and the SEC eventually causes a recession and the rich are able to take advantage of the misfortunes of the middle class who pays the brunt of taxes. Did you know Google payed 0 taxes in 2010? When asked how that could be Google said blame it on your politicians they're the ones who made the laws and allowed the loopholes for us to do it. That tees me off.

In America, over three years after the greatest financial fraud ever pertetuated upon the American people, not one of the corporate leaders who orchestrated the thing have gone to jail.
While the private banks and corporations are fleecing our wallets, the government is putting chains upon us by taking away the rights that God gave us (God, not the government).

That tees me off too! I'm pretty sure Senators and the ex. branch aren't subject to insider trading laws but I would have to confirm that.. It's really sad the direction the country has gone in the last 20 years. Just to give you how bad and suttle it is...I don't watch much tv but do watch news. Every commercial is either about drugs, financial services, insurance, taxes, lawsuits, medical, etc. And if you have fallen down in the last 12 months you may qualify for scooter at absolutely no cost to you. And we will bill Medicare for you.
A friend of a friend just was just busted for going the wrong direction on a divided highway. She wasn't drunk and did have a license. She's bi-polar, on Medic-aide, and was on 23 different medications. And just think. I could lose my license for drinking one beer!

Finally, the Pentagon is like a runaway train.
It has assumed the power and intent of a second American government.
THE PENTAGON IS NO LONGER UNDER CIVILIAN CONTROL

Case in point is that every president since Kennedy has promised to reduce the size of the military and to reduce American military involvement in foreign affairs.
NONE HAS SUCCEEDED.
Either they are all liars, which I find hard to beieve, they are all corrupt, which is equally difficult to swallow, or they are all impotent to stop it (hmmmmm).

Most Americans don't realize that or refuse to believe it.
The America that I grew up believing in - is dead. The military is no longer our friend.
The Pentagon is a greater thief than all the bankers and CEO's combined.
The American flag flies over our homes, our communities and our nations, but the Pentagon has stolen it for their own agenda.

I don't know what to think anymore abut our government etc. Capitalism has gone bad. Middle class America has been sold out. They don't care about the average American's well being, they care only on their profits. I think they know the country is going to get nuked by the jihadist so they're taking all they can while they can.

Kennedy said once that terrorism would make war obsolete. There was no reason to attack Afganistan and Iraq over an act of terrorism. We we're attacked by an evil religion with a global political ideology. My mailman's maid of honor was on the plane that hit the south tower...the one you see in my avatar. My fear is that when the jihadist attack again, it will out do Sept 11 a hundred fold, will the rich and powerful make more war and send even more of our youth over there and take out even more countries to protect their financial interest and profit on reconstruction?

They are all liars and into government for themselves and the rich buddies.

Do we really need a military that is larger than the next 15 nations combined (12 of which are our allies)?

Our enemy is that which would take away our God given liberty.
Our modern American militarist attitude would have us believe that those enemies are principally foreign when they are actually domestic.
Does the average American realize that?

[email protected]

Choir Loft
Apr 2, 2009
West Central Florida
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Does the average American realize it?

I think most do.

Do they care?

I think most do not.

The ruling elite seem to have the opinion that the average American has the mentality of Homer Simpson.
They might not be far wrong.
During a morning Bible study, one of my friends a dentist by trade, bemoaned the short attention span of the younger generation.
"They cannot endure a short magazine article", he said. His point is that the average attention span is about thirty seconds, the same as the average TV commercial.

I wish that Americans would rise up in anger about the issues of Pentagon militarism, bank and CEO fraud, government usurpation of power, etc.
The fact is that, like Esau, we have quite literally sold our birhright for a bowl of stew. Literally.

Lindsay's reports seem to illustrate a world gone out of control, but does not the Bible teach that we are responsible for our actions?
Responsible. Let's see. We used to know what that word meant.

archaeologist5

Mar 3, 2011
It was the day the Congress ripped the "In" out of our foundational "Declaration of Independence." They passed and the President signed our new credo. I call it our "Declaration of Dependence." In a monumental display of national selfishness, we've decided to spend the next generation's money on our health care.

i do not follow the logic found in this quote as providing health care for those who CANNOT afford it is not sin nor wrong. why do so many christians fight against helping the poor and supporting the rich corporations who rip people off and who continue to practice sin every day? Christians should be the first in line to provide health care for those who canot pay the outrageouse medical costs imposed by hospitals (some owned by church denominations), instead of making the poor suffer, or the not so poor go broke trying to pay off those bills.

the church clearly has its priorities messed up.

as for hal lindsay--i have read 3 of his books i believe, maybe 2, can't remember but his work meets a void in new christians' lives as they all want to know what is going to happen inthe future instead of making sure their conversion is supported and built upon the rock of Jesus.

so you are saying that rich people can't convert or be used of God? abraham was rich; so was solomon; and according to Zachias he was rich enough to pay back 4 times what he took illegally from the people he collected taxes from, so you might say that tax collectors were rich. it is theheart attitude people, not the outer garments that matter. don't condemn someone because they are rich for you may be condemning someone God has blessed.

[email protected]

Choir Loft
Apr 2, 2009
West Central Florida
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
i do not follow the logic found in this quote as providing health care for those who CANNOT afford it is not sin nor wrong. why do so many christians fight against helping the poor and supporting the rich corporations who rip people off and who continue to practice sin every day? Christians should be the first in line to provide health care for those who canot pay the outrageouse medical costs imposed by hospitals (some owned by church denominations), instead of making the poor suffer, or the not so poor go broke trying to pay off those bills.

the church clearly has its priorities messed up.

Well said and truly spoken.

The government position concerning provision of health care and retirement benefits is a bold faced lie.
Since 1983 both parties have been raiding the social security fund for their own purposes. If there is a possibility of it's going broke it's because our elected representatives have stolen the piggy bank.

As you so clearly asked, where is the church's provision? There is none, because all the spare money churchs can scrape up is being poured back into real estate development and ingrown ministy that benefits no one except the ministers themselves. Those that cannot do so are simply folding their tents and going home.

I once attended a Methodist church that had hired its musical 'worship team' from secular musicians. They were terrific. They were also not members of the church and not confessed Christians. The Sunday morning entertainment was top notch, though.

You said the church has its priorities messed up. I think you're being very polite. I'd use another word that is much more impolite.

Church leaders care only for themselves, not for their flock and they certainly don't give a damn about the community.

as for hal lindsay--i have read 3 of his books i believe, maybe 2, can't remember but his work meets a void in new christians' lives as they all want to know what is going to happen inthe future instead of making sure their conversion is supported and built upon the rock of Jesus.

Right on the money again, unfortunately. Make no mistake, Lindsay writes those books to make money. Pure and simple. I wish mine did. Picked the wrong subject I think. Everyone has a ticklish ear these days and wants to know about things that matter little.

The three subjects most often preached in church and which have little or no redeeming spiritual value are;
* situational ethics
* personal improvement
* behavior modification

Is the cross ever mentioned? Seldom.
Is the true value of the blood of Christ taught? Haven't heard that one in years.
How about repentance? Never heard that one.
Morality? Too politically sensitive these days.

How about salvation and an altar call to be saved? Most churches here have given up on that.

The flock will go where the shepard leads.
In most cases the shepards are lost themselves. (No examples needed here, you've read the newspaper stories I'm sure.)

Humanity is lost and the churches are at fault.