Olivet Discourse revisited

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The eternal new heavens and a new earth where righteousness dwells and death, pain, mourning and crying no longer occur.
Okay, so what you seem to say is that there will be a brand new heaven and earth that people will live, with nothing as far pain, crying, death, to occur.

What good does it do to destroy this earth, and have no more people end up coming into the Kingdom? That would be my first question.
Also, we wait for our bodies to be glorified and made immortal (1 Corinthians 15:50-54, Romans 8:18-25) at which point we will be like Jesus in that way and we will see Him as He is (1 John 3:2).
Okay.
What more can we hope for than to see Jesus as He is, to have glorious, immortal bodies and to live in a place of perfection where there is no more death, sin, pain, sickness and mourning?
Those are great promises to hope in, but I do not see them materially panning out compared to spiritually.
What is your hope exactly then?
To live, to die, loving God, and loving other people in hopes to get to the Heavenly Kingdom, and go be with God, because of having faith on his son.

Titus

Feb 5, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
but I'm *not* opposed to belief in the restoration of national Israel at Christ's Coming.
I figured you were not opposed, that's why I gave the qualifier in my first post to you.

I am 100% !against that doctrine. No where does the Bible teach Jesus is coming back on earth to establish a earthly kingdom in Israel.

Spiritual Israelite

Apr 13, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Okay, so what you seem to say is that there will be a brand new heaven and earth that people will live, with nothing as far pain, crying, death, to occur.
Not brand new exactly. I believe the heavens and earth will be regenerated (made new) similarly to how our bodies will be changed to be immortal (1 Cor 15:50-54). Our bodies are not going to be annihilated and replaced with new bodies, our bodies are going to be changed.

What good does it do to destroy this earth, and have no more people end up coming into the Kingdom? That would be my first question.
Why does there need to be more people added to the kingdom for eternity? Do you think sin and death will continue forever? What a depressing thought.

Okay.

Those are great promises to hope in, but I do not see them materially panning out compared to spiritually.
That's too bad. I guess you will be pleasantly surprised then.

To live, to die, loving God, and loving other people in hopes to get to the Heavenly Kingdom, and go be with God, because of having faith on his son.
So, you don't have any hope of sin and death ever coming to an end? What about having an immortal body as scripture very clearly teaches that we (believers) will all have? When do you think that occurs? Paul said it will occur at the last trumpet (1 Cor 15:51-52). So, when do you believe the last trumpet sounds?

You mentioned going and being with God. What about Jesus and seeing Him as He is as John wrote about in 1 John 3:2? I know Jesus is God, but what are your expectations and hopes regarding Jesus in terms of seeing Him as He is?

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not brand new exactly. I believe the heavens and earth will be regenerated (made new) similarly to how our bodies will be changed to be immortal (1 Cor 15:50-54). Our bodies are not going to be annihilated and replaced with new bodies, our bodies are going to be changed.
Cool you believe whatever you want to friend, I wont tell you God wont give you what you want, but I do see differently.
Why does there need to be more people added to the kingdom for eternity? Do you think sin and death will continue forever? What a depressing thought.
Why? Because that was a promise made that the Heavenly Kingdom will go on and expand forever, have you ever read it in Isaiah?
Sin has been done away with today already. Paid for on the cross 2000 years ago. Death, death at least once here, but after that, they say there is a second death, but aside from there, there will be no more death at least here.

Idk how to take that, with the second death but perhaps it talking more of a death to self type of thing, it is only something i can spectulate on.
That's too bad. I guess you will be pleasantly surprised then.
Wouldn't be so snarky about it. You can believe just how you would like to, I am not forcing you to do anything. You dont even have to respond.
So, you don't have any hope of sin and death ever coming to an end? What about having an immortal body as scripture very clearly teaches that we (believers) will all have? When do you think that occurs? Paul said it will occur at the last trumpet (1 Cor 15:51-52). So, when do you believe the last trumpet sounds?

I done obliged I believe all that pans out after this life.

And you already know I believe Jesus Christ already came back.

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I figured you were not opposed, that's why I gave the qualifier in my first post to you.

I am 100% !against that doctrine. No where does the Bible teach Jesus is coming back on earth to establish a earthly kingdom in Israel.
I respect your opinion, but we disagree. Hopefully we agree on the most important doctrines of Christianity, which is that Jesus saves?

Spiritual Israelite

Apr 13, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Cool you believe whatever you want to friend, I wont tell you God wont give you what you want, but I do see differently.
I don't believe what I want, I believe what scripture teaches.

Why? Because that was a promise made that the Heavenly Kingdom will go on and expand forever, have you ever read it in Isaiah?
It does not say that anywhere. I assume you are probably talking about Isaiah 9:6-7, but that is not what that passages teaches.

Sin has been done away with today already. Paid for on the cross 2000 years ago.
Are you just pretending to not know what I was talking about? I was not talking about what Jesus did long ago, I was talking about sin in general. Sin still obviously occurs. You have no hope of a world where no sin occurs?

Death, death at least once here, but after that, they say there is a second death, but aside from there, there will be no more death at least here.

Idk how to take that, with the second death but perhaps it talking more of a death to self type of thing, it is only something i can spectulate on.
We don't have to speculate. You have been caught up in false teaching which is making you confused. There will come a time when death itself will no longer exist. No one will ever die again at that point. You have no hope of this? Why would God allow people to continue dying for eternity? That is a depressing thought.

Wouldn't be so snarky about it. You can believe just how you would like to, I am not forcing you to do anything. You dont even have to respond.
I think you're being a bit overly sensitive here. My comment was very tame. What is offensive about me believing that you will be pleasantly surprised? I'm being a lot nicer to you than I really want to be becaues I have a strong disdain for full preterism. But, you seem to be open to other views, so I'm trying to restrain myself regarding your doctrine as much as I can.

I done obliged I believe all that pans out after this life.

And you already know I believe Jesus Christ already came back.
He didn't. I think it's sad that you don't see this as a future hope for all believers from all-time:

Titus 2:11 For the grace of God has appeared that offers salvation to all people. 12 It teaches us to say “No” to ungodliness and worldly passions, and to live self-controlled, upright and godly lives in this present age, 13 while we wait for the blessed hope—the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ,

Paul says we wait for this blessed hope "in this present age". He was talking about this temporal age that we're still living in when people get married and they die. Like what Jesus talked about in Luke 20:34-36.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you for sharing your beliefs with me @Spiritual Israelite, I am gonna leave the conversation. Thank you again though, people are free to choose how they will believe. I can not force anyone to see my way, therefore, God bless you. Any others whom may have come by to view what was said here and read anything by me. Always test everything by the spirit and hold on to the things which are good.

Titus

Feb 5, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I respect your opinion, but we disagree. Hopefully we agree on the most important doctrines of Christianity, which is that Jesus saves?
Eschatology matters. God breathed His revelation to man, 1Peter 1:23,24
- having been born again not of corruptible seed but incorruptible through the word of God, which lives and endures forever.
-
now this is the  word which by the gospel was preached to you.

This word which is His gospel is literally Christ Himself.

- now this is the word which by the gospel was preached to you,
John 1:1,
- In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God and the Word was God

Jesus is the Word, the word is God, the Word is the gospel.

Therefore it does matter that we speak ONLY what Gods true message(revelation) is i.e. oracles of God, 1Peter 4:11,
- If anyone speaks let him speak as the oracles of God...

Paul pleaded that we all speak the same thing, being of the same mind,
1Corinthians 1:10,
- Now I plead with you brethren by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that you all speak the same thing and that there be no divisions among you but that you be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment

It matter to Jesus and to the apostles so likewise it must matter to us.

God has a message.
It is not up for private interpretation
2Peter 1:20,
- knowing this first, that no prophecy of Scripture is of any private interpretation

God not only wants us to know the message He is conveying to us, He commands we know it,
Ephesians 3:4,
- whereby when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ

God knows we can understand it, that is why He does not allow sins of ignorance to go unpunished.
It may be we dont understand simply because we dont spend enough time meditating on the word.

God expects us to be wise in understanding,
Ephesians 5:17,
-Therefore do not be unwise but understand what the will of the Lord is

Sin is teaching and believing err, err is sin because it is not the oracles of God but the doctrines of men,
Matthew 15:9,
- and in vain the worship Me teaching as the doctrines of men.
Since a false belief of Gods word is err and err is sin,
All misunderstanding of Gods word when we teach it to others is a sin we are committing.
Therefore it does matter that we teach the truth in all things,

James 3:1,
- brethren let not many of you become teachers knowing that we shall receive stricter judgment.

Yes Jesus saves us, that we agree,
But how Jesus saves us i.e. His gospel we may not!
That is a different off topic.
If you like I would gladly have a discussion with you on "Sirs what must I do to be saved"

I'll say this, we are not saved by belief alone,
John 12:42,
- Nevertheless even among the rulers many believed in Jesus but because of the Pharisees they did not confess Him, lest they should be put out of the synogouge
for they loved the praise of men more than the praise of God.

Matthew 10:37,
- he who loves father or mother more than Me is not worthy of Me
and he who loves son or daughter more than Me is not worthy of Me
- and he who does not take his cross and follow after Me is not worthy of Me

Titus

Feb 5, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
btw, I never try to give my opinions when discussing spiritual matters.
I try to only repeat Gods word, oracles, 1Peter 4:11

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
The subject above is the future return of Lord Jesus.

The object is when that generation SEES ALL THESE THINGS. What things? The Signs of the end that Jesus gave there in Matthew 24.

And 'that' specific generation that SEES ALL THESE THINGS (i.e., SIGNS)... shall not die (pass) until ALL THESE THINGS BE FULFILLED.

What Jesus said there is VERY simple. He was NOT pointing to the generation at His 1st coming.
Absolutely correct.
Another poster said: Jesus was talking to His disciples, therefore Matthew 24:33-34 must apply to them. This is extreme foolishness and means that none of what Jesus said was for Christians thru the age and today.

There is no doubt that we are 'this generation', who has seen the return of Jewish Israel to a small part of the holy Land and will see the earth changing and dramatic events, leading up to the glorious Return of Jesus as King.

We are now very close to the Day when the Lord will send His vengeance and wrath to commence all the Prophesied end time events.
Denial of these graphically stated Prophesies, is a bad mistake and just leaves one in the dark.

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Kluth rightly divided the word of God on this subject,

Look at the ye,

This generation is the ye He is speaking to.

This generation will still be living when ALL THESE THINGS BE FULLFILLED.

You are out of context.
So that generation is still alive today? They all saw the parable of the fig tree happen, and the soon to happen Second Coming?

The context is the parable of the fig tree. If you claim the fig tree never blooms then no generation will ever be around. Because that is the generation that sees all the above.

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How can you say with a straight face that Jesus was speaking not to his own Disciples but only to a future generation that would see the Antichrist? Jesus said pointedly that he was speaking of the destruction of Herod's temple--the one standing right in front of them!
How can you say with a straight face, that Jesus purposely left out all the generations between the Cross and 1948?

Until the end comes and there is no more trouble for the church, those things cannot happen.

You are equating the tribulation of the last 1993 years as the NHNE where all on earth are righteous, and have no worries or cares at all. Where Jesus has wiped away all tears, and there is no more sadness nor death. How does that accurately describe the last 1993 years?

You cannot have both tribulation at the same time as no one can die period. How would that even work? The end will not come as long as the church is still gathering in the fulness of the Gentiles. That would mean no one even needs to be saved if the end was in 70AD. There have been no sinners since 70AD?

How could Jesus have walked all the way to the Mount of Olives, and still be standing at the temple at the same time?

"And Jesus said unto them, See ye not all these things? verily I say unto you, There shall not be left here one stone upon another, that shall not be thrown down. ( There is a transition here from the temple to the Mount of Olives. ) And as he sat upon the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto him privately, saying, Tell us, when shall these things be?"

Matthew 24:2-3

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How can you say with a straight face, that Jesus purposely left out all the generations between the Cross and 1948?
He didn't leave out anything. He was talking about his own generation, and what that would lead to for future generations of Jews. After 70 AD, the Jewish People would remain in Diaspora until the end of their ordeal at the return of Messiah. Luke 21.
You are equating the tribulation of the last 1993 years as the NHNE where all on earth are righteous, and have no worries or cares at all.
I have done no such thing!
How could Jesus have walked all the way to the Mount of Olives, and still be standing at the temple at the same time?
Jesus began to speak about the future of the temple in the temple area, and continued his conversation about it when he got up to somewhere on the Mt. of Olives, a short distance away.

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Eschatology matters. God breathed His revelation to man, 1Peter 1:23,24
- having been born again not of corruptible seed but incorruptible through the word of God, which lives and endures forever.
-
now this is the  word which by the gospel was preached to you.

This word which is His gospel is literally Christ Himself.

- now this is the word which by the gospel was preached to you,
John 1:1,
- In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God and the Word was God

Jesus is the Word, the word is God, the Word is the gospel.

Therefore it does matter that we speak ONLY what Gods true message(revelation) is i.e. oracles of God, 1Peter 4:11,
- If anyone speaks let him speak as the oracles of God...

Paul pleaded that we all speak the same thing, being of the same mind,
1Corinthians 1:10,
- Now I plead with you brethren by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that you all speak the same thing and that there be no divisions among you but that you be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment

It matter to Jesus and to the apostles so likewise it must matter to us.

God has a message.
It is not up for private interpretation
2Peter 1:20,
- knowing this first, that no prophecy of Scripture is of any private interpretation

God not only wants us to know the message He is conveying to us, He commands we know it,
Ephesians 3:4,
- whereby when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ

God knows we can understand it, that is why He does not allow sins of ignorance to go unpunished.
It may be we dont understand simply because we dont spend enough time meditating on the word.

God expects us to be wise in understanding,
Ephesians 5:17,
-Therefore do not be unwise but understand what the will of the Lord is

Sin is teaching and believing err, err is sin because it is not the oracles of God but the doctrines of men,
Matthew 15:9,
- and in vain the worship Me teaching as the doctrines of men.
Since a false belief of Gods word is err and err is sin,
All misunderstanding of Gods word when we teach it to others is a sin we are committing.
Therefore it does matter that we teach the truth in all things,

James 3:1,
- brethren let not many of you become teachers knowing that we shall receive stricter judgment.

Yes Jesus saves us, that we agree,
But how Jesus saves us i.e. His gospel we may not!
That is a different off topic.
If you like I would gladly have a discussion with you on "Sirs what must I do to be saved"

I'll say this, we are not saved by belief alone,
John 12:42,
- Nevertheless even among the rulers many believed in Jesus but because of the Pharisees they did not confess Him, lest they should be put out of the synogouge
for they loved the praise of men more than the praise of God.

Matthew 10:37,
- he who loves father or mother more than Me is not worthy of Me
and he who loves son or daughter more than Me is not worthy of Me
- and he who does not take his cross and follow after Me is not worthy of Me
Yes, Jesus is the Word of God. One has to understand what is meant by that. Jesus is the Person who the Word represents. He is God. As such, Jesus expresses, along with God, his Father, what he wishes to say. What he says is exactly what the Father says also.

We often think of a "word" as being how one expresses himself. God expresses Himself in many ways other than just in the form of Jesus. He also expresses Himself in the form of the Spirit. He also expresses Himself in the act of creation, or in any act He does.

In this sense, the "word" can be distinguished from Jesus, the man. But yes, Jesus is the Person behind the Word of God. He is himself issuing from Deity. He is a lesser revelation of the same Deity.

This matters because we often voice things and need to explain what we mean. Otherwise, we end up just voicing doctrines without conveying to others what we mean by them.

As far as the doctrinal basis of our unity as Christians, yes, doctrine matters. Some of the more peripheral doctrines can be neglected without sacrificing either Christianity or unity, but it will obviously reflect negatively upon our practice, somehow. We can only do our best. We should *not,* however fight over peripheral doctrines, but just let other people work out their own Salvation.

Belief in the physical salvation of national Israel falls under the category of "peripheral doctrine." Someone, whoever is wrong, will suffer some negative consequences for not believing the right thing. But it is not fatal to believe the wrong thing. Nor should Christian unity be threatened by such a non-central doctrine. It is *not* a cardinal doctrine, concerning our Salvation or the Salvation of others.

Reactions: Spiritual Israelite

Titus

Feb 5, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But it is not fatal to believe the wrong thing. Nor should Christian unity be threatened by such a non-central doctrine
The only Bible subjects Christians can disagree on is where the Bible does not give enough information,not fully revealed to be absolutely sure. On these matters we cannot be dogmatic and demand other brethren see it our way.

How we know for a fact that God expects us to all be of the same mind is when God revealed all the information that we needed to come to a conclusion that cannot be falsifiable.

The Olivet discourse, God gave us all the information to know what this is about, therefore God excepts us not to differ on our belief.
When enough information is given, this proves we can know what is being taught, which then proves God excepts us to know what He is revealing to us.

So you are incorrect thinking we can agree to disagree on this matter.
If that is the way God designed his revelation to be of private interpretation, then God is the God of confusion, 1Corinthians 14:33.

We ought to have a one on one private discussion of what is essential to know from the Gospel of Jesus Christ to be saved.

Paul was clear when he proclaimed that only the TRUE gospel has the power to save, Romans 1:16.
Based on this fact, we cannot be saved if we have t been taught error of what God requires of man to receive His free gift of grace.

Spiritual Israelite

Apr 13, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The only Bible subjects Christians can disagree on is where the Bible does not give enough information,not fully revealed to be absolutely sure. On these matters we cannot be dogmatic and demand other brethren see it our way.

How we know for a fact that God expects us to all be of the same mind is when God revealed all the information that we needed to come to a conclusion that cannot be falsifiable.

The Olivet discourse, God gave us all the information to know what this is about, therefore God excepts us not to differ on our belief.
When enough information is given, this proves we can know what is being taught, which then proves God excepts us to know what He is revealing to us.

If that is the way God designed his revelation to be of private interpretation, then God is the God of confusion, 1Corinthians 14:33.

We ought to have a one on one private discussion of what is essential to know from the Gospel of Jesus Christ to be saved.

Paul was clear when he proclaimed that only the TRUE gospel has the power to save, Romans 1:16.
Based on this fact, we cannot be saved if we have t been taught error of what God requires of man to receive His free gift of grace.
This is absolutely false. What cult are you part of which teaches that one's understanding of eschatology is a determining factor in salvation?

Titus

Feb 5, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is absolutely false. What cult are you part of which teaches that one's understanding of eschatology is a determining factor in salvation?
I'll believe you, all you have to do is give evidence to your belief with book, chapter and verse.
You have a strong belief that what God has revealed in His revelation about the end of the world does not matter to Him. Therefore God is not concerned with how we divide the word.
Therefore God is not concerned if His word is wrongly divided.

Give scripture for your belief and I will believe also.
I'm a Bible believer therefore I only go by what the scriptures teach,
2Timothy 2:15,
- Be diligent to present yourself approved of God, a worker who does not need to be ashamed  rightly dividing the word of truth.

-

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'll believe you, all you have to do is give evidence to your belief with book, chapter and verse.
You have a strong belief that what God has revealed in His revelation about the end of the world does not matter to Him. Therefore God is not concerned with how we divide the word.
Therefore God is not concerned if His word is wrongly divided.

Give scripture for your belief and I will believe also.
I'm a Bible believer therefore I only go by what the scriptures teach,
2Timothy 2:15,
- Be diligent to present yourself approved of God, a worker who does not need to be ashamed  rightly dividing the word of truth.

-

Paul acknowledged that we do not see clearly.

1 Cor 13.12 For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.

Paul indicated that our development is progressive.

1 Cor 13.11When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me.

Paul, in asking Christians to be agreeable, assumed that Christians do not always agree.

I don't at all believe God expects us all to be united in knowledge the way you're describing. We are all at different places in our experience and maturity. We've had good or bad teachers, full or limited resources to study the Bible, good or defective minds, etc. etc. The unity we share is in the one Christ and the one God, which means we all have the same faith, although at different places in our faith.

Paul indicated that even on some conventional beliefs there would be differences that God would resolve over time.

Phil 3.15 All of us, then, who are mature should take such a view of things. And if on some point you think differently, that too God will make clear to you.

Remember that Paul and Barnabas had a different opinion over Mark?

Acts 15.39 They had such a sharp disagreement that they parted company. Barnabas took Mark and sailed for Cyprus.

Remember that Paul suggested that small differences over how sacred a "day" is to be considered is a matter of personal faith? Do you remember that Paul exhorted Christians to let certain differences of opinion go over such matters of conscience?

Rom 14.5 Who are you to judge someone else’s servant? To their own master, servants stand or fall. And they will stand, for the Lord is able to make them stand.
Rom 14.5 One person considers one day more sacred than another; another considers every day alike. Each of them should be fully convinced in their own mind.

There is indeed a unity of knowledge that should be apparent among Christians on matters of cardinal doctrines, doctrines such as faith in who Christ is and what he accomplished. He is Divine, and he is our exclusive source of atonement for sin. And he is the vine, while we are the branches--we derive our virtue from living by the gift of his Spirit. There are more.

However, certain matters of belief about eschatology, though important, are *not* critical to our Salvation. We should strive for peace and unity based upon our common spiritual experience in Christ. We need space to grow and to learn, and to get over the hump of our pride. That takes a lifetime!

On the other hand we are warned not to be "divisive" in our disagreements. This is an attitude, rather than just a difference of opinion.

Titus 3.10 Warn a divisive person once, and then warn them a second time. After that, have nothing to do with them.

Last edited:

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then that would mean he doesn't do what it says if it is not complete yet, Davy.
Wrong attitude bro, that's called absolutism. There's actually some deceived today that don't believe there will be a physical 2nd coming by Lord Jesus. They believe His Kingdom 'in full' is already established now on earth, and there's nothing more to happen except for the rest of the world to convert to Jesus.

One of the easiest ways to know that passage is not yet fulfilled today is because of the Jews that God blinded according to Apostle Paul in Romans 11. God is not going to remove the 'spirit of stupor' He put upon them so they can make their choice to believe or not believe, until the fullness of the Gentiles is complete.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are not following the context,
Oh.... but I am following Lord Jesus' context. YOU are the one that is denying His context... so YOU NEED TO PAY ATTENTION...

Matt 24:33-35
33 So likewise ye,
when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors.
34 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass,
till all these things be fulfilled.
35 Heaven and earth shall pass away, but My words shall not pass away.
KJV

Here is how daft your "ye" argument is:

His meaning of "all these things" INCLUDES THE SIGNS HE JUST GAVE in that Matthew 24 chapter. WHAT WAS THE LAST SIGN HE GAVE? That of His future RETURN and GATHERING of the saints, i.e., His faithful Church.

For His meaning to be about that specific generation at His 1st coming, which is what you are saying with that "ye", then it would mean Jesus' 2nd coming already happened in their day!!! And I say NO WAY to that.

So... is that what YOU are? a FULL PRETERIST? because that's the idiotic doctrine FULL PRETERISTS believe, i.e., they don't believe there will be a future physical return of Lord Jesus Christ.

Last edited: