Halloween is a satanic festival

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
According to a satanist in the attachment in the OP you are celebrating with them.
If a secular group had meetings on Sunday mornings would that make them Christians?
Would the secular group be "celebrating with them"? Same day, right?

/

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What do Satanists do to celebrate Halloween?
I would guess that regular folks aren't participating in anything of the sort.
Therefore "partaking" seems a bit heavy-handed.
Correct me if I'm wrong.

To be clear, I don't observe the holiday. But I did when my children were old enough to Trick-or-Treat.
(dress in costume and go door to door collecting candy)

/
Biblically, we are told to abstain or avoid the appearance of evil. So even if we aren't actively participating, as in doing human sacrifices (like satanists do), if we are dressing up in gory costumes, putting on haunted houses, etc ...we are disobeying that Biblical principle to avoid the appearance of evil. So it comes down to the flesh .....who do we please? God, or the flesh?

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If a secular group had meetings on Sunday mornings would that make them Christians?
And couldn't most of us point to a Christian church that isn't really following Christ?
What's the difference?

/

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

/
There is a huge difference, brother. If they're holding a meeting to engage in something satanic, we wouldn't want to mimic that. But just having a meeting isn't evil in itself.

So .... if a Christian wanted to do something on halloween it should be something that is honorable to God and life-giving. It's the flesh that wants to engage in things that have an evil appearance (witches, warlocks, ghosts, vampires, prostitutes, etc). It does open doors to satan. It is an open invitation when a heart says, "I enjoy the stuff you have to offer!"

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And couldn't most of us point to a Christian church that isn't really following Christ?
What's the difference?

/
Absolutely, brother. That's why you won't find me in a church building unless God sends me there. (And He has sent me to some, for the purpose of sharing my testimony to open their eyes to things that have taken hold inside the churches.)

Reactions: St. SteVen

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Biblically, we are told to abstain or avoid the appearance of evil. So even if we aren't actively participating, as in doing human sacrifices (like satanists do), if we are dressing up in gory costumes, putting on haunted houses, etc ...we are disobeying that Biblical principle to avoid the appearance of evil. So it comes down to the flesh .....who do we please? God, or the flesh?
Yes, I suppose that is why I don't participate.
But I can't criticize others, because I did participate when my children were young.

/

Reactions: TLHKAJ

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Absolutely, brother. That's why you won't find me in a church building unless God sends me there. (And He has sent me to some, for the purpose of sharing my testimony to open their eyes to things that have taken hold inside the churches.)
I used to have a REAL problem with Christians that REFUSED to participate in
regular (weekly) Christian worship and fellowship. And I gave the biblical reasons why.
I don't do that any more. I understand that people have there reasons.

And even I have a whole list of reasons that should
have sent me out the door to never return. But I am still there.
I love my church and the sweet fellowship with the believers there.
And I don't agree with all the doctrine, But since I matured in the faith
I have never been to a church I had 100% agreement with.

Most importantly, God is in that place.
(I know, I know... he's everywhere, But...)
So thick sometimes, I could cut it with a knife.

/

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where do you draw the line?
Should I give up my pumpkin spice coffee?
Pumpkins are used to make Jack-O-Lanterns.

/
I also wonder if there is a way to participate so that we don't alienate others.

Do I tell the parent of one of my child's friends that we won't be
participating in their Halloween party because it's satanic? - Wow

/

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think this is really all just common sense to a Christian with a heart after God, and some discernment.
This is strange thing. (not you, me) - LOL
I just realized that I refused to open the attachments provided as evidence
in the first two posts out of fear, I suppose. Or that I thought it was wrong for
me to know about. Weird. I still refuse, but what's up with that?

/

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I used to have a REAL problem with Christians that REFUSED to participate in
regular (weekly) Christian worship and fellowship. And I gave the biblical reasons why.
I don't do that any more. I understand that people have there reasons.

And even I have a whole list of reasons that should
have sent me out the door to never return. But I am still there.
I love my church and the sweet fellowship with the believers there.
And I don't agree with all the doctrine, But since I matured in the faith
I have never been to a church I had 100% agreement with.

Most importantly, God is in that place.
(I know, I know... he's everywhere, But...)
So thick sometimes, I could cut it with a knife.

/
I hear you. I love to be in a place where people are in one mind and one accord, seeking God alone. Right now, and for a long time, my fellowship is with a few like-minded believers, outside a church building.....any day of the week.

Last edited:

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is strange thing. (not you, me) - LOL
I just realized that I refused to open the attachments provided as evidence
in the first two posts out of fear, I suppose. Or that I thought it was wrong for
me to know about. Weird. I still refuse, but what's up with that?

/
Do you mean the photos I posted? Why do you think the fear is there, or the reluctance to know? What do you suspect was in the photos?

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where do you draw the line?
Should I give up my pumpkin spice coffee?
Pumpkins are used to make Jack-O-Lanterns.

/
Brother, that's why I mentioned common sense and discernment. Pumpkins were made by God to be used for the purpose He created them .....food, livestock food and dewormer, even. They weren't made to decorate and depict evil entities. See the difference?

Last edited:

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I also wonder if there is a way to participate so that we don't alienate others.

Do I tell the parent of one of my child's friends that we won't be
participating in their Halloween party because it's satanic? - Wow

/
Why not? Most parents don't impose ....just tell them, "We don't celebrate halloween. Instead, we're having family game night ...chili pie and cake and ice cream at home." (Or something along those lines.) Some people actually attend prayer meetings at their churches or in their homes on that night ....prayer for the victims of cult crimes like rituals, rapes, and sacrificial murder. But for children .... I'm sure if they're educated Biblically and they have fun time with their parents, they'll be just fine. If we as parents have no backbone, how do we expect our children to stand in the times ahead? It's not getting better, brother.

Last edited:

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I hear you. I love to be in a place where people are in one mind and one accord, seeming God alone. Right now, and for a long time, my fellowship is with a few like-minded believers, outside a church building.....any day of the week.
Like the early church in the Temple courtyard.

/

Status
Not open for further replies.