Halloween Street Preaching

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Satan is a schemer and those that follow him can twist the scriptures. The guy that robs the bank can say he is obeying Christ if he justifies it right! Easier for camel to go through an eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter into heaven....if you wish to be saved, sell all you have and give it to the poor and follow me....the robber is just clearing the way for people to follow Christ. Making them poor to save their souls! All evil is done by justifying those actions. Attacking families, eventually it is going to go south!

07-07-07

Nov 18, 2018
Rust Belt
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Satan is a schemer and those that follow him can twist the scriptures. The guy that robs the bank can say he is obeying Christ if he justifies it right! Easier for camel to go through an eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter into heaven....if you wish to be saved, sell all you have and give it to the poor and follow me....the robber is just clearing the way for people to follow Christ. Making them poor to save their souls! All evil is done by justifying those actions. Attacking families, eventually it is going to go south!

Those who criticize the Saints of God while down-playing the gravity of the sins committed by this end-time generation are definitely being used by Satan. Again, the Scriptures speak:

2 Timothy 3
[1] This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.
[2] For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,
[3] Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,
[4] Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;
[5] Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.
[6] For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts,
[7] Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.
[8] Now as Jannes and Jambres withstood Moses, so do these also resist the truth: men of corrupt minds, reprobate concerning the faith.
[9] But they shall proceed no further: for their folly shall be manifest unto all men, as theirs also was.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are Christians....we are all saints....give it up! Ever thought of handing out church pamphlets....or go in with a mega phone in a tavern....? Why attack women and children?

Reactions: Willie T

07-07-07

Nov 18, 2018
Rust Belt
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are Christians....we are all saints....give it up! Ever thought of handing out church pamphlets....or go in with a mega phone in a tavern....? Why attack women and children?

If you're living free from sin, then you're a Saint. If not, then you're a counterfeit end-time deceiver. Why don't you condemn the sins of this generation? Are you looking for Jesus' soon return? Do you recognize the urgency of the hour?

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wherever Jesus went, the crowds came to Him, and wanted to hear Him..…. But, the Bullhorn Boys have to go force themselves into the middle of previously assembled people. Otherwise, they would end up being ignored as the deluded crackpots they are.

Last edited:

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why don't you condemn the sins of this generation? Are you looking for Jesus' soon return? Do you recognize the urgency of the hour?
The Apostles knew the urgency of the hour...no excuse for making an open display of Christianity in such away that they think you are somewhere between fanatical or crazy. Focusing on the negative can only produce negative results. Produce a good pamphlet for your church and hand out candy and smile. Then again if your church is all about hellfire and damnation what good is it to anybody. If you do not get that the Spirit of Christ and His Church is about love and compassion what message does your church have to offer. The doom and gloom view is wrong and anti-productive. You can only impress people for so long with fear. Either way attacking women and children is not the way.

07-07-07

Nov 18, 2018
Rust Belt
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Apostles knew the urgency of the hour...no excuse for making an open display of Christianity in such away that they think you are somewhere between fanatical or crazy. Focusing on the negative can only produce negative results. Produce a good pamphlet for your church and hand out candy and smile. Then again if your church is all about hellfire and damnation what good is it to anybody. If you do not get that the Spirit of Christ and His Church is about love and compassion what message does your church have to offer. The doom and gloom view is wrong and anti-productive. You can only impress people for so long with fear. Either way attacking women and children is not the way.

Apparently, you're neither living from sin nor looking for Jesus' soon return; that's common among counterfeit christianity. Jesus taught a narrow road of righteousness and holiness, not a broad one taught by counterfeit christianity. Jesus taught "go and sin no more", but counterfeit christianity teaches "no one is perfect, you're just human"; "do the best you can and show love". Truth is, it's fake love and fake christianity. Fig-leaf religion. "Get baptized in water, turn a new leaf, become a member of the church, shake the preacher's hand and you're set for Heaven". Counterfeit. Jesus said, "Ye must be born-again".

Romans 6
[6] Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.
[7] For he that is dead is freed from sin.
[8] Now if we be dead with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with him:
[9] Knowing that Christ being raised from the dead dieth no more; death hath no more dominion over him.
[10] For in that he died, he died unto sin once: but in that he liveth, he liveth unto God.
[11] Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.
[12] Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof.
[13] Neither yield ye your members as instruments of unrighteousness unto sin: but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness unto God.
[14] For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.
[15] What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid.
[16] Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?
[17] But God be thanked, that ye were the servants of sin, but ye have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you.
[18] Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Apparently, you're neither living from sin nor looking for Jesus' soon return; that's common among counterfeit christianity. Jesus taught a narrow road of righteousness and holiness, not a broad one taught by counterfeit christianity. Jesus taught "go and sin no more", but counterfeit christianity teaches "no one is perfect, you're just human"; "do the best you can and show love". Truth is, it's fake love and fake christianity. Fig-leaf religion. "Get baptized in water, turn a new leaf, become a member of the church, shake the preacher's hand and you're set for Heaven". Counterfeit. Jesus said, "Ye must be born-again".

Romans 6
[6] Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.
[7] For he that is dead is freed from sin.
[8] Now if we be dead with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with him:
[9] Knowing that Christ being raised from the dead dieth no more; death hath no more dominion over him.
[10] For in that he died, he died unto sin once: but in that he liveth, he liveth unto God.
[11] Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.
[12] Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof.
[13] Neither yield ye your members as instruments of unrighteousness unto sin: but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness unto God.
[14] For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.
[15] What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid.
[16] Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?
[17] But God be thanked, that ye were the servants of sin, but ye have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you.
[18] Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness.
What effort you put in to being a fear-monger. Christ said, "My yoke is easy and My burden is lite."
you're neither living from sin ???? Not living with it.

nor looking for Jesus' soon return. I am looking forward to Christ's return....as a blessing not reduced to doomsday rhetoric and fear-mongling. He will return when, where, and how He chooses and I will calibrate. I guess you will be hiding in a cave somewhere?

counterfeit Christianity. And you are the judge...? What is real Christianity? Emulating Christ? Christ called the children to him and said, But whoso shall offend one of these little ones which believe in me, it were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and that he were drowned in the depth of the sea. Now I looked for a scripture where Christ was attacking mothers and their children with His preaching....not there. And anytime Christ interacted with women it was to heal or defend them.....Not judging....that is a topic!!....judging and hypocrisy are Christ's most repeated and condemning verses....no other set of sins drawed His attention more than these. I was also looking for a scripture were Christ sat on a street corner making a spectacle of Himself....could not find that either.

Now he did discuss people on the street beating their chests and speaking loudly....I do not think He had anything good to say about those people. Words like sound like a trumpet...that they may be seen of men.....hypocrites....glory of men....I guess you think that Christ was a counterfeit Christian? Who do you emulate? Screaming demons?

What is fake Christian love...it is love without respect. Respect of others....Screaming at families on the street is that respect? Is that your idea of Christian love? Do you envision Christ screaming at people with a megaphone?

Last edited:

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your accusations of me don't concern me, because my testimony isn't with you but with Him who called me out of darkness into His marvelous Light.
I would be very surprised if my views affected you in any way. I know your type.
You would be amazed at the fruit that comes from street preaching. God gives grace to the humble, but resists the proud. As to those who are vexed on the streets of America, they are no different than those who gnashed their teeth on the prophets of old. Let their blood be on their own heads.
I could not watch the entire video since I found it so annoying; but I did get to the part where the preacher said people were flipping him off. Is that what you mean by the fruit? Did he "convert" anyone in that video? If so, I'll watch that part if you give me the minute mark where it happens.

It may be time to quote an earlier post from you.

You wrote:

You're not listening to Jesus. We are commanded to go out and preach the Word upon the housetops.

Matthew 10
[11] And into whatsoever city or town ye shall enter, inquire who in it is worthy; and there abide till ye go thence.
[12] And when ye come into an house, salute it.
[13] And if the house be worthy, let your peace come upon it: but if it be not worthy, let your peace return to you.
[14] And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear your words, when ye depart out of that house or city, shake off the dust of your feet.
[15] Verily I say unto you, It shall be more tolerable for the land of Sodom and Gomorrha in the day of judgment, than for that city.
[16] Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves: be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves.
[17] But beware of men: for they will deliver you up to the councils, and they will scourge you in their synagogues;
[18] And ye shall be brought before governors and kings for my sake, for a testimony against them and the Gentiles.

Which of those things have you done? My guess is none. You stayed in your own town. No one has scourged you in synagogues. You have not been brought before governors and kings. You're living in la la land.

Why don't you go into synagogues and bother the Jews. See if you can get them to scourge you -- and don't forget to videotape it for our enjoyment. I would love it though if you shook the dust off your feet now and left this forum. But you won't, will you? Being annoying may be life's biggest thrill for you.

Oh, by the way, for the record, you really mangled the words of Jesus when you talked about preaching from rooftops. He didn't talk about that. He said:

Luke 12:3 Therefore whatsoever ye have spoken in darkness shall be heard in the light; and that which ye have spoken in the ear in closets shall be proclaimed upon the housetops.

It amazes me when people say how they revere the Bible but then betray how casually they've read it.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Visiting prisons might be better too or helping widows, orphans and others in need.

James 1:27 Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world.

Reactions: Grailhunter

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I still reject the idea that "none" doesn't mean "none."

Then you haven't studied it out long enough.

This is sheer craziness to me.

1Co 1:21, For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.

What we do is what defines what we are.

We do what we do because of who we are.

If you murder someone, you can be called a murderer.

But you're not a murderer because you murdered someone, you murder someone because you're a murderer.

You don't murder people because you were born a murderer.

I beg to differ.

When people choose evil over good, the evil urge becomes stronger. When they choose good over evil, the good urge becomes stronger. Jeremiah 13 is about a people who had chosen evil so consistently, their evil urges were overwhelming.

10 This evil people, which refuse to hear my words, which walk in the imagination of their heart, and walk after other gods, to serve them, and to worship them, shall even be as this girdle, which is good for nothing.

You ignore that part,

That part fits in nicely with my theology. The only way someone can have a good heart is if God has taken out of their flesh the heart of stone and replaced it with an heart of flesh (Ezekiel 36:25-27).

No one will be justified by God because he's afraid of punishment. He has to repent genuinely.

People don't repent for unselfish reasons. If they were unselfish in their hearts, they would have no need to repent. People must be motivated by the fear of hell for the most part if they are going to truly come to a saving knowledge of Jesus Christ. There may be a few exceptions.

This contradicts what Jesus himself said.

Matthew 6:33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

You say, "Flee the wrath to come. No need to have the sinful heart changed; just tell God you're sorry and hope not to be punished. Maybe God will change it later."

No, that is not what I say. I say, repent now, avail yourself of Christ's power to change your heart now. You cannot change your own heart, only God can change it, Proverbs 20:9.

Justifying the ungodly and condemning the just are both abominations to God.

See Romans 4:5. Justifying the wicked is an abomination to God; but God will justify the ungodly person.

Fearing punishment doesn't work.

I beg to differ. It worked for me.

Why not go to a non-Christian country

The United States is a Christian country in your opinion? Truly, many in the United States reject Christ with a passion.

You justify attacking Christians with the Gospel.

How has he done this? "attacking" is a strong word. And it is also an oxymoron to say that anyone can "attack' anyone else with the gospel. The gospel is edifying, not for destruction.

The doom and gloom view is wrong and anti-productive. You can only impress people for so long with fear. Either way attacking women and children is not the way.

Again, "attacking" is a strong word and an oxymoron if you are referring to the preaching of the gospel.

I am looking forward to Christ's return....as a blessing not reduced to doomsday rhetoric and fear-mongling.

Rev 6:12, And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood;
Rev 6:13, And the stars of heaven fell unto the earth, even as a fig tree casteth her untimely figs, when she is shaken of a mighty wind.
Rev 6:14, And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together; and every mountain and island were moved out of their places.
Rev 6:15, And the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich men, and the chief captains, and the mighty men, and every bondman, and every free man, hid themselves in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains;
Rev 6:16, And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb:
Rev 6:17, For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand?

I guess you will be hiding in a cave somewhere?

:rolleyes:

Now he did discuss people on the street beating their chests and speaking loudly....I do not think He had anything good to say about those people.

He said that such a person went to his home justified rather than another (Luke 18:9-14)

I would be very surprised if my views affected you in any way. I know your type.

You don't know his type.

1Jo 3:1, Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not.

Which of those things have you done? My guess is none. You stayed in your own town. No one has scourged you in synagogues. You have not been brought before governors and kings. You're living in la la land.

Those things aren't done today; they have been replaced by taking people into captivity and addicting them to drugs, through the Mental Health System.

Why don't you go into synagogues and bother the Jews. See if you can get them to scourge you -- and don't forget to videotape it for our enjoyment.

I do believe that in this ver thread, there is a videotape of Kirk Cameron and Ray Comfort having been arrested for preaching the gospel with slander attached of an implication by the police that they were robbers.

Oh, by the way, for the record, you really mangled the words of Jesus when you talked about preaching from rooftops. He didn't talk about that. He said:

Luke 12:3 Therefore whatsoever ye have spoken in darkness shall be heard in the light; and that which ye have spoken in the ear in closets shall be proclaimed upon the housetops.

It amazes me when people say how they revere the Bible but then betray how casually they've read it.

Jesus doesn't only speak about this in Luke. He says in Matthew:

Mat 10:27, What I tell you in darkness, that speak ye in light: and what ye hear in the ear, that preach ye upon the housetops.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now maybe I understand how you interpret the Bible. If you study it long enough, you can make it say whatever you want it to say. "None" may not mean "none" if you study it long enough.
1Co 1:21, For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.
I would not use this to justify irrationality or mental instability. This is how people go unhinged, thinking every wild thought that shows up in their mind is the "wisdom of God" that appears foolish to others.

2 Timothy 1:7 7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

But you're not a murderer because you murdered someone, you murder someone because you're a murderer.
This is craziness. I know that's blunt and unpleasant, but I think you may be coming unhinged.

That part fits in nicely with my theology. The only way someone can have a good heart is if God has taken out of their flesh the heart of stone and replaced it with an heart of flesh (Ezekiel 36:25-27).
And God does that when people repent and want him to change them for the better.

People don't repent for unselfish reasons. If they were unselfish in their hearts, they would have no need to repent. People must be motivated by the fear of hell for the most part if they are going to truly come to a saving knowledge of Jesus Christ. There may be a few exceptions.
I say the human heart can be desperately wicked; and asking God to forgive us when we're not really sorry but only putting on an act, lying to God to try to avoid being punished, is yet another sin. Admit to yourself that your true goal in life to to love and to be loved. Become as a little child who wants to love and to be loved. We need to care if we injured others or if we still are injuring them. We have all hurt others and feel bad about it. Admitting it is key. Abandoning the "selfishness" that made us hurt others is necessary.

God is not fooled by fake repentance.

See Romans 4:5. Justifying the wicked is an abomination to God; but God will justify the ungodly person.
God will not justify the ungodly unless they want to stop being ungodly. Fearing punishment does not make people godly.
I think you've convinced yourself it worked for you; but from what I can see, it hasn't. You have revealed you don't know what genuine repentance is. You're still caught up in selfishness, wanting to save your own hide. When I repent, it's because I feel bad for hurting someone.

The United States is a Christian country in your opinion? Truly, many in the United States reject Christ with a passion.
People who reject madcap street preachers are not rejecting Jesus. They are rejecting a crazy imitation Jesus. What is sad about that is that many people may believe they're rejecting the real Jesus; they may close their minds to all ideas about Christianity.

He said that such a person went to his home justified rather than another (Luke 18:9-14)
The loud street preachers who present themselves as righteous and others as great sinners cannot be compared to the man who begged to be forgiven. The loud street preachers are like the self-righteous Pharisee. Wake up. You should be able to see you're confusing the Scriptures.
You don't know his type.

1Jo 3:1, Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not.
I know his type the way I know a tree by its fruits. I know the self-righteous self-justifying type who is like the Pharisee thanking God he's not like other men who did not go home justified.

Those things aren't done today; they have been replaced by taking people into captivity and addicting them to drugs, through the Mental Health System.
You disagree with 07-07-07 who said that passage was meant for him and the street preachers.
I do believe that in this ver thread, there is a videotape of Kirk Cameron and Ray Comfort having been arrested for preaching the gospel with slander attached of an implication by the police that they were robbers.
Not good enough. If they were fulfilling that passage, they needed to be scourged in synagogues.

Mat 10:27, What I tell you in darkness, that speak ye in light: and what ye hear in the ear, that preach ye upon the housetops.
What did Jesus tell these street preachers in darkness and in their ear? They say they're preaching what they found in the Bible.

Last edited:

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I beg to differ.

No, that is not what I say. I say, repent now, avail yourself of Christ's power to change your heart now. You cannot change your own heart, only God can change it, Proverbs 20:9.

How has he done this? "attacking" is a strong word. And it is also an oxymoron to say that anyone can "attack' anyone else with the gospel. The gospel is edifying, not for destruction.

Again, "attacking" is a strong word and an oxymoron if you are referring to the preaching of the gospel.

Rev 6:12, And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood;
Rev 6:13, And the stars of heaven fell unto the earth, even as a fig tree casteth her untimely figs, when she is shaken of a mighty wind.
Rev 6:14, And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together; and every mountain and island were moved out of their places.
Rev 6:15, And the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich men, and the chief captains, and the mighty men, and every bondman, and every free man, hid themselves in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains;
Rev 6:16, And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb:
Rev 6:17, For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand?

You don't know his type.

And He also told this parable to some people who trusted in themselves that they were righteous, and viewed others with contempt: “Two men went up into the temple to pray, one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector. The Pharisee stood and was praying this to himself: ‘God, I thank You that I am not like other people: swindlers, unjust, adulterers, or even like this tax collector. I fast twice a week; I pay tithes of all that I get.’ But the tax collector, standing some distance away, was even unwilling to lift up his eyes to heaven, but was beating his breast, saying, ‘God, be merciful to me, the sinner!’ I tell you, this man went to his house justified rather than the other; for everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, but he who humbles himself will be exalted.

Exactly! Exactly! And if these street shouters were calling themselves sinners.....they would be right!

Merry Christmas JBF!!

Reactions: Giuliano

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What effort you put in to being a fear-monger. Christ said, "My yoke is easy and My burden is lite."
you're neither living from sin ???? Not living with it.

nor looking for Jesus' soon return. I am looking forward to Christ's return....as a blessing not reduced to doomsday rhetoric and fear-mongling. He will return when, where, and how He chooses and I will calibrate. I guess you will be hiding in a cave somewhere?

counterfeit Christianity. And you are the judge...? What is real Christianity? Emulating Christ? Christ called the children to him and said, But whoso shall offend one of these little ones which believe in me, it were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and that he were drowned in the depth of the sea. Now I looked for a scripture where Christ was attacking mothers and their children with His preaching....not there. And anytime Christ interacted with women it was to heal or defend them.....Not judging....that is a topic!!....judging and hypocrisy are Christ's most repeated and condemning verses....no other set of sins drawed His attention more than these. I was also looking for a scripture were Christ sat on a street corner making a spectacle of Himself....could not find that either.

Now he did discuss people on the street beating their chests and speaking loudly....I do not think He had anything good to say about those people. Words like sound like a trumpet...that they may be seen of men.....hypocrites....glory of men....I guess you think that Christ was a counterfeit Christian? Who do you emulate? Screaming demons?

What is fake Christian love...it is love without respect. Respect of others....Screaming at families on the street is that respect? Is that your idea of Christian love? Do you envision Christ screaming at people with a megaphone?

I beg to differ.

You don't know his type.

Again....What is real Christianity? Emulating Christ? Christ called the children to him and said, But whoso shall offend one of these little ones which believe in me, it were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and that he were drowned in the depth of the sea. Now I looked for a scripture where Christ was attacking mothers and their children with His preaching....not there. And anytime Christ interacted with women it was to heal or defend them.....Not judging....that is a topic!!....judging and hypocrisy are Christ's most repeated and condemning verses....no other set of sins drawed His attention more than these. I was also looking for a scripture were Christ sat on a street corner making a spectacle of Himself....could not find that either.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is craziness. I know that's blunt and unpleasant, but I think you may be coming unhinged.

I think you've convinced yourself it worked for you; but from what I can see, it hasn't.

If you are going to trample over my pearls and turn again and rend me, then I think that I am biblically justified in saying that this conversation is over (Matthew 7:6).

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you are going to trample over my pearls and turn again and rend me, then I think that I am biblically justified in saying that this conversation is over (Matthew 7:6).
It would be a pleasure to end it.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now maybe I understand how you interpret the Bible. If you study it long enough, you can make it say whatever you want it to say. "None" may not mean "none" if you study it long enough.

You have to understand what words mean in their context. The context of Romans 3:10 (Romans 3:9,19) bears out that Romans 3:10-18 is what the law says about those who are under it; even of Jew and Gentile. There is another people group, the church of God; and they are not under the law. But if you don't want to understand these things, I cannot force you to understand them. You may insist on believing what you believe in ignorance.

You have revealed you don't know what genuine repentance is. You're still caught up in selfishness, wanting to save your own hide. When I repent, it's because I feel bad for hurting someone.

The fact that I have found genuine repentance as the result of the fear of the LORD (the beginning of wisdom and knowledge)
ought to indicate to you that I am no longer caught up in selfishness, wanting to save my own life. Regeneration causes me to no longer think selfishly. However, those who don't think selfishly don't need to repent. The only ones who need to repent are the ones who think selfishly. So then, God uses a motivation that they understand in order to get them to repent. The moment they understand and believe in the doctrine about hell, they will find that motivation. Then, they must begin to seek Him, in order that they might receive from Him His Holy Spirit and be delivered from a selfish attitude. Once this occurs, the doctrine of hell is no longer their motivation; because the doctrine of hell is a motivation for the selfish.

People who reject madcap street preachers are not rejecting Jesus. They are rejecting a crazy imitation Jesus.

It depends on whether the street preacher is actually born again. Jesus said to those who are, that those who reject them also reject Him. Now there are those who do go about it the wrong way; some of the ones that I have seen are finger-pointers and thus they are being disobedient to what Jesus said in Matthew 7:1-6.

Not good enough. If they were fulfilling that passage, they needed to be scourged in synagogues.

It is the spirit of what is written that you need to look at. In the days of Jesus and the apostles, they were scourged in synagogues. In today's world, the same people take the believer into captivity and inject him with medication so that he is addicted. The medication has the effect of curbing the zeal of the believer so that he doesn't preach. Thus they have what they want; because they do these things because they are attempting to keep the believer from preaching the message of the gospel. The devil knew that if he simply changed a few things so that the literal interpretation was no longer valid, he could get away with persecuting believers without really being exposed (as doing what Jesus said he would do in passages like what we are looking at).

Last edited:

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sometimes I forget to do it.

Actually, water is 2 parts hydrogen and 1 part oxygen. You have defined the chemical makeup of hard water.
So the Holy Spirit only guides you when you remember to ask it to guide you.....fascinating.

I think you get the gist of my point on H20....nice dodge ;)

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So the Holy Spirit only guides you when you remember to ask it to guide you.....fascinating.

That would be "Him" not "it".

No, I think that the Holy Spirit guides me even when I forget to ask Him to do so.

I think you get the gist of my point on H20....nice dodge ;)

What is it, exactly, that you think I was dodging? I agree with your premise (that the truth is the truth and not based in any kind of bias). I was merely being a stickler for facts right then.

Reactions: Willie T

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That would be "Him" not "it".....I think that the Holy Spirit guides me even when I forget to ask Him to do so.
Lol.....Since we are writing in English I presumed you knew the language and I presumed you had the basic knowledge that the word "it" (in the context that I used it) was used to represent a person previously mentioned. But my presumptions about you could be wrong....

Why has the Holy Spirit guided you to Truths that are different then the Truths of other men? Is it confused or are you confused?

Mary