Handwriting Of Ordinances

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello @Anthony D'Arienzo,

With respect the 'Church' is not called to take over where Israel failed.

Within the love of Christ our Saviour, Lord and Head.
Chris
That is a whole thread or two

Let me ask you.

In mt 21:43...who is the nation who the kingdom is given to? I will answer more in detail later on, but I would like to ask you to clarify your position

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You are quite mistaken but you can hold all the error you want.
We are saved by law keeping. No, not our law keeping...but the perfect law keeping of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Isa42:21 read and learn.
You mention love...excellent..what did Paul tell us
In Rome 13:8-10....LOVE IS THE FULFILLING OF THE LAW.....He does not say love ignores the law of God.
The 10 commandments are in the heart of a biblical Christian.hebrews8

Oh so blind, what has the law to do with Christ, the law is works not of faith, but the people love to boast "look ate me I am not like all those other sinners"

We are the "righteousness of Christ" not keepers of the law, Love doesnt need laws, sinners do.

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The discussion has moved past you
Your antinomian ideas are not.what anyone should believe
You are not looking for answers so ....

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
oh you, ye all those commandment keepers violate them all every day, funny thing that.

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who are you follwing Farrakhan, craziest stuff we have seen in a while, guns a blazin "I'll straighten out this forum," ha. Lot of slander and no answers, unbelievable. Stunod to mistake meekness for weakness, I know these people their not weak. You come in poking people in the eye, throwing bigman syndrome weight around you are going to get a fight. Why don't you start a thread talk about anything you want and we can all chime in alright, enough already of the derail stuff.

Last edited:

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
That is a whole thread or two

Let me ask you.
In mt 21:43...who is the nation who the kingdom is given to? I will answer more in detail later on, but I would like to ask you to clarify your position
'Jesus saith unto them,
"Did ye never read in the scriptures,
.. 'The stone which the builders rejected,

.... the same is become the head of the corner:
...... this is the Lord's doing, and it is marvellous in our eyes?'

Therefore say I unto you,
The kingdom of God shall be taken from you,
and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof.'

(Matthew 21:42-43)

Thank you for your question, and for caring what my thoughts were in regard to this verse.

Those to whom the Lord spoke these words, were 'the chief priests and the elders of the People,' (v.23) in response to their question to Him regarding His authority and who had given it to Him, and what followed, right down to the verse you have quoted is the Lord's response to that, following the words, 'What think ye' in verse 28.
In verse 43, the 'nation' to whom the Kingdom of God would be given, is the New Israel, as prophesied in Isaiah 66:7-14:-

'Before she travailed, she brought forth;
before her pain came, she was delivered of a man child.
.. Who hath heard such a thing?
.... who hath seen such things?
...... Shall the earth be made to bring forth in one day?
........ or shall a nation be born at once?
for as soon as Zion travailed,
she brought forth her children.
.. Shall I bring to the birth, and not cause to bring forth? saith the LORD:
.... shall I cause to bring forth, and shut the womb? saith thy God.
Rejoice ye with Jerusalem, and be glad with her, all ye that love her:
.. rejoice for joy with her, all ye that mourn for her:
.... That ye may suck, and be satisfied with the breasts of her consolations;
...... that ye may milk out, and be delighted with the abundance of her glory.
For thus saith the LORD,
.. "Behold, I will extend peace to her like a river,
.... and the glory of the Gentiles like a flowing stream:
...... then shall ye suck, ye shall be borne upon her sides, and be dandled upon her knees.
........ As one whom his mother comforteth, so will I comfort you;
.......... and ye shall be comforted in Jerusalem.
And when ye see this, your heart shall rejoice, and your bones shall flourish like an herb:
and the hand of the LORD shall be known toward His servants,
and His indignation toward His enemies.'

Praise God!

What a wonderful promise! No, the church cannot be described as a 'nation': and the promises of God concerning Israel will not be broken; but will find fulfillment in that day of His choosing; in that redeemed nation whose God is the Lord (Hosea 1:10/Hosea 2:23).

Praise His Holy Name!

Thank you.
In Christ Jesus
our risen and glorified,
Saviour, Lord and Head.
Chris

Last edited:
D

Dave L

Where do you see that in the ot.dave?
“Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.” (Matthew 22:37–40) (KJV 1900)

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That not what you said, you said "sin by experience." Can you not see Adam recieved something in the fall, if so what do you suppose that to be?
I said two things

We sinned in Adam.
We also do our own sin day by day...get it

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
'Jesus saith unto them,
"Did ye never read in the scriptures,
.. 'The stone which the builders rejected,

.... the same is become the head of the corner:
...... this is the Lord's doing, and it is marvellous in our eyes?'

Therefore say I unto you,
The kingdom of God shall be taken from you,
and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof.'

(Matthew 21:42-43)

Thank you for your question, and for caring what my thoughts were in regard to this verse.

Those to whom the Lord spoke these words, were 'the chief priests and the elders of the People,' (v.23) in response to their question to Him regarding His authority and who had given it to Him, and what followed, right down to the verse you have quoted is the Lord's response to that, following the words, 'What think ye' in verse 28.
In verse 43, the 'nation' to whom the Kingdom of God would be given, is the New Israel, as prophesied in Isaiah 66:7-14:-

'Before she travailed, she brought forth;
before her pain came, she was delivered of a man child.
.. Who hath heard such a thing?
.... who hath seen such things?
...... Shall the earth be made to bring forth in one day?
........ or shall a nation be born at once?
for as soon as Zion travailed,
she brought forth her children.
.. Shall I bring to the birth, and not cause to bring forth? saith the LORD:
.... shall I cause to bring forth, and shut the womb? saith thy God.
Rejoice ye with Jerusalem, and be glad with her, all ye that love her:
.. rejoice for joy with her, all ye that mourn for her:
.... That ye may suck, and be satisfied with the breasts of her consolations;
...... that ye may milk out, and be delighted with the abundance of her glory.
For thus saith the LORD,
.. "Behold, I will extend peace to her like a river,
.... and the glory of the Gentiles like a flowing stream:
...... then shall ye suck, ye shall be borne upon her sides, and be dandled upon her knees.
........ As one whom his mother comforteth, so will I comfort you;
.......... and ye shall be comforted in Jerusalem.
And when ye see this, your heart shall rejoice, and your bones shall flourish like an herb:
and the hand of the LORD shall be known toward His servants,
and His indignation toward His enemies.'

Praise God!

What a wonderful promise! No, the church cannot be described as a 'nation': and the promises of God concerning Israel will not be broken; but will find fulfillment in that day of His choosing; in that redeemed nation whose God is the Lord (Hosea 1:10/Hosea 2:23).

Praise His Holy Name!

Thank you.
In Christ Jesus
our risen and glorified,
Saviour, Lord and Head.
Chris
You are on the right track with Isa66 however Peter said it was
of the church 1 pet2;9

9 But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light;

10 Which in time past were not a people, but are now the people of God: which had not obtained mercy, but now have obtained mercy.

sound familiar???
ex19:
5 Now therefore, if ye will obey my voice indeed, and keep my covenant, then ye shall be a peculiar treasure unto me above all people: for all the earth is mine:

6 And ye shall be unto me a kingdom of priests, and an holy nation. These are the words which thou shalt speak unto the children of Israel.

Last edited:

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

With respect the 'Church' is not called to take over where Israel failed.

Within the love of Christ our Saviour, Lord and Head.
Chris
Israel was a type/ the church the fulfillment of the type. eph3
6 That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel:

7 Whereof I was made a minister, according to the gift of the grace of God given unto me by the effectual working of his power.

8 Unto me, who am less than the least of all saints, is this grace given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ;

9 And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ:

10 To the intent that now unto the principalities and powers in heavenly places might be known by the church the manifold wisdom of God,

11 According to the eternal purpose which he purposed in Christ Jesus our Lord:

12 In whom we have boldness and access with confidence by the faith of him.

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
You are on the right track with Isa66 however Peter said it was
of the church 1 Pet2;9

9 But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light;
10 Which in time past were not a people, but are now the people of God: which had not obtained mercy, but now have obtained mercy.

sound familiar???
ex19:
5 Now therefore, if ye will obey my voice indeed, and keep my covenant, then ye shall be a peculiar treasure unto me above all people: for all the earth is mine:
6 And ye shall be unto me a kingdom of priests, and an holy nation. These are the words which thou shalt speak unto the children of Israel.

Thank you for your further responses,

With respect, I understand what you are saying and why you are saying it: but have you considered who Peter's epistle was written to? It was written to the believing remnant of Israel, who were among the nations (the diaspora). These were the nucleus of redeemed Israel, and of believing gentiles who had been grafted into the Olive Tree of Israel.

This is not the same company of believers as those to whom Paul wrote in his later epistles (Eph. Phil. Col. 1&2 Timothy and Titus) as Steward of the fellowship of the mystery (Eph. 3:9): following the failure of Israel to believe and receive their Messiah and King, who were then laid aside (temporarily) in blindness and unbelief as prophesied in Isaiah 6:10, and warned of in Acts 13:16-17, and fulfilled in Acts 28:26-27:-

'And He said, "Go, and tell this people,
Hear ye indeed, but understand not;
and see ye indeed, but perceive not.
Make the heart of this people fat,
and make their ears heavy, and shut their eyes;
lest they see with their eyes, and hear with their ears,
and understand with their heart, and convert, and be healed.'

(Isaiah 6:10)

The church being called out today is the Church which is His Body, the fulness of Him that filleth all in all of Ephesians chapter one. They are a unique company, in Christ Jesus, which comprise of individuals from every nation under the sun, including Israel, which have no part in Israel as a nation, having a different hope and sphere of blessing.

The priesthood you refer to is the divinely appointed role of Israel as a nation, which they will fulfill in their appointed day, when they will repent and acknowledge their Messiah; this is not the role of the Church.

Thank you.
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Last edited:

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Thank you for your further responses,

With respect, I understand what you are saying and why you are saying it: but have you considered who Peter's epistle was written to? It was written to the believing remnant of Israel, who were among the nations (the diaspora). These were the nucleus of redeemed Israel, and of believing gentiles who had been grafted into the Olive Tree of Israel.

This is not the same company of believers as those to whom Paul wrote in his later epistles (Eph. Phil. Col. 1&2 Timothy and Titus) as Steward of the fellowship of the mystery (Eph. 3:9): following the failure of Israel to believe and receive their Messiah and King, who were then laid aside (temporarily) in blindness and unbelief as prophesied in Isaiah 6:10, and warned of in Acts 13:16-17, and fulfilled in Acts 28:26-27:-

'And He said, "Go, and tell this people,
Hear ye indeed, but understand not;
and see ye indeed, but perceive not.
Make the heart of this people fat,
and make their ears heavy, and shut their eyes;
lest they see with their eyes, and hear with their ears,
and understand with their heart, and convert, and be healed.'

(Isaiah 6:10)

The church being called out today is the Church which is His Body, the fulness of Him that filleth all in all of Ephesians chapter one. They are a unique company, in Christ Jesus, which comprise of individuals from every nation under the sun, including Israel, which have no part in Israel as a nation, having a different hope and sphere of blessing.

The priesthood you refer to is the divinely appointed role of Israel as a nation, which they will fulfill in their appointed day, when they will repent and acknowledge their Messiah; this is not the role of the Church.

Thank you.
In Christ Jesus
Chris
Where I don't agree is that if you read Isaiah 49 see that clearly the servant of the Lord is the one who is the Covenant son who unified the one spiritual nation eternally
so it's Jews and Gentiles eternally and have not use only not Israel only but a Christian Israel . Jew and Gentile as one new man in Christ

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Where I don't agree is that if you read Isaiah 49 see that clearly the servant of the Lord is the one who is the Covenant son who unified the one spiritual nation eternally
so it's Jews and Gentiles eternally and have not use only not Israel only but a Christian Israel . Jew and Gentile as one new man in Christ

Reading Isaish 49, a wonderful chapter, which I thank you for bringing to my attention. I see that chapters 49:1 to 66:24 of Isaiah concern Messiah's mission and truimph. In verses 1-12, we see the Messiah in person, His call, qualifications and mission: in 49:13-26, the reconciliation, restoration and enlargement of Zion.

With respect, this is not the Church which is His (Christ's) body, the fulness of Him that filleth all in all, for it is not the subject of Old Testament Prophecy, having been 'hid in God' until it's revelation to Paul at the end of the Acts period (Ephesians 3:9 & Colossians 1:26)

Thank you.
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Last edited:

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Reading Isaish 49, a wonderful chapter, which I thank you for bringing to my attention. I see that chapters 49:1 to 66:24 of Isaiah concern Messiah's mission and truimph. In verses 1-12, we see the Messiah in person, His call, qualifications and mission: in 49:13-26, the reconciliation, restoration and enlargement of Zion.

With respect, this is not the Church which is His (Christ's) body, the fulness of Him that filleth all in all, for it is not the subject of Old Testament Prophecy, having been 'hid in God' until it's revelation to Paul at the end of the Acts period (Ephesians 3:9 & Colossians 1:26)

Thank you.
In Christ Jesus
Chris
It is as Hebrews12:22-29 explains. It is the heavenly Zion and Jerusalem

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
It is as Hebrews12:22-29 explains. It is the heavenly Zion and Jerusalem
'But ye are come unto mount Sion,
and unto the city of the living God,
the heavenly Jerusalem,
and to an innumerable company of angels,
To the general assembly and church of the firstborn,
which are written in heaven,
and to God the Judge of all,
and to the spirits of just men made perfect,'

(Hebrews 12:22-23)

Hebrews 12:22-29 does explain the heavenly Jerusalem. However this is not addressed to the Church which is the Body of Christ, but the church of the firstborn: a special company comprised of those who did not depise their birthright, nor barter it away for a morsel of meat. This same company is referred to as: 'The spirits of just men made perfect'.

These will occupy the New Jerusalem, which will come down out of heaven to the New Earth. This is not the hope of the Church which is the One Body of which Christ is the Head (Ephesians 1:22-23): for their hope is located in Heavenly places in Christ Jesus (Ephesians 1:3), where Christ sits at God's right hand.

Thank you.
In Christ Jesus
Chris