Handwriting Of Ordinances

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
This is not the hope of the Church which is the One Body of which Christ is the Head (Ephesians 1:22-23): for their hope is located in Heavenly places in Christ Jesus (Ephesians 1:3), where Christ sits at God's right hand.
Well since Christ sits at the right hand of God in the New Jerusalem (Heb 12:22-24), the Church is indeed destined for the New Jerusalem. That is our eternal home. That is where those mansions are located.

You have imaginatively invented a new entity by misinterpreting "the general assembly and church of the firstborn". This is simply a detailed description of the Church which belongs to Christ, who is the "firstborn of all creation".

Reactions: Anthony D'Arienzo

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
'But ye are come unto mount Sion,
and unto the city of the living God,
the heavenly Jerusalem,
and to an innumerable company of angels,
To the general assembly and church of the firstborn,
which are written in heaven,
and to God the Judge of all,
and to the spirits of just men made perfect,'

(Hebrews 12:22-23)

Hello @Anthony D'Arienzo,

Hebrews 12:22-29 does explain the heavenly Jerusalem. However this is not addressed to the Church which is the Body of Christ, but the church of the firstborn: a special company comprised of those who did not depise their birthright, nor barter it away for a morsel of meat. This same company is referred to as: 'The spirits of just men made perfect'.

These will occupy the New Jerusalem, which will come down out of heaven to the New Earth. This is not the hope of the Church which is the One Body of which Christ is the Head (Ephesians 1:22-23): for their hope is located in Heavenly places in Christ Jesus (Ephesians 1:3), where Christ sits at God's right hand.

Thank you.
In Christ Jesus
Chris

no...I have left dispensational error behind. The Church is the eternal purpose of God, one new man in Christ. Hebrews while written to those under persecution at that time, belongs to the church.Jesus it says is currently speaking from heaven.

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Still makes no since
From the Baptist Catechism with Commentary, by W.R. Downing, used by permission;

Adam stood as Representative Man, and therefore when he sinned in apostatizing from God, the whole human race fell in him as their federal head. This is called “original sin,” or immediate imputation. Even if a person could begin from any point in his or her life and live perfectly without sin—even if this were possible—he or she would still be utterly condemned because of original sin [the imputation of Adam’s transgression]. The condemnation and guilt of sin are thus inescapable.

See Question 66. When Adam and Eve, as sinners, had children, they, too, were sinners (Gen. 5:3). The defacement of the Divine image in man was passed to all of Adam’s posterity by both imputation and inheritance. Thus, all human beings not only have original sin, but also a sinful nature and so are prone to personal sin. The inheritance of Adam’s sinful nature and proneness to transgression is termed “‘mediate’ imputation” (Rom. 3:9–18). Both the immediate and mediate imputation of sin are awful realties. Every subsequent human being consequently evidences his or her sinful state by personal sins in disposition, inclination, motivation, thought, word and deed as being under its reigning power. Because all human beings are sinners, all stand in need of salvation from both the reigning power of sin and from its immediate and ultimate consequences. It is not only noteworthy, but absolutely vital to understand that, even with the curse, there came the promise of a redeemer (Gen. 3:15) [the protevangelium, or first promise of the gospel]. This Divine revelation to the serpent as a challenge and to man as a promise demonstrates constantly that God is a God of purpose, who delights in mercy and glories in grace (Isa. 45:22; Jn. 3:16–18)!
Quest

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
@Enoch111
@Anthony D'Arienzo

Hello again,

I acknowledge your responses. However, regarding the comments you have made, I must allow the Word of God to be the Arbiter, and God to be the judge. I see no reason to revise what I have written

I thank you both, for the fruitful thought processes your previous entries have engendered, but in the light of your comments in these last two responses (#81 & #83 ), I see no profit in continuing further.

May God's perfect will be done both in and through us, for His Name and glory's sake.
Within the love of Christ our Saviour, our Lord and our Head.
Chris

Last edited: