Harry Potter????

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mike1111Mike

Sep 20, 2007
( Sarcasticaly ) What I Love about Harry Potter:1) His Young loving and Vibrant parents get killed.2) He nearly gets killed.3) He is forced to live with People who despise Him.4) He has a scar, which links Him to the Evil Man who killed everyone,which Burns Him with it's connection.5) He is faced with the challenge of saving His entire world by Himself.6) He is mistreated, and abused.7) He is twisted with rage when He finds His uncle betrayed His parents.8) He falls in love with His uncle, when He learns His uncle did not betray them, just to have His uncle Killed.9) He is in constant danger of His friends and Himself being Killed, at amoments notice.10) Still His scar burns, and His head Hurts, and is filled with images of others being tortured and killed.11) His Friends nearly die again.12) His Mentor has to torture Himself, with His help.13) His Mentor Dies.14) The Bad Guys allways get away.15) Others Die.16) Another Semi-Father figure/Mentor Type dies.17) He must put His and His Friends lives constantly In Mortal Danger.18) He learns He must die, which He does.19) He comes back, and battles this evil foe to the death, and actualy wins for once.20) and He still loves the world of "Magic." after just about everyone You can think of dies, or almost dies, at one point or another.**********so what is there to Love about the World of Harry Potter, I do not Know??????????????Just the ponderings, of a "Muggle," lout like Me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!God Bless.Mike

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
Galatians 5:19-21 - Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.I Samuel 15:23 - For rebellion is as the sin of witchcraft, and stubbornness is as iniquity and idolatry. Because thou hast rejected the word of the LORD, he hath also rejected thee from being king.Jag

Mike1111Mike

Sep 20, 2007
Good post Jag. I guess it's a good thing I'm only a muggle ( Sarcasticaly ), ( if You will allow Me to continue to indulge in the hopefully Humorus nature of My 1st post ).I only intended in a sarcastic way to question Why He would love "Magic," when that very world destroys all innocence, and just about everyone He loved. My counter conclussion Ifelt was more to the point, that Magic only leads to death and destruction, and that "Salvation,"is the only reason we are here -to choose it, or seal our fate with destruction and death, from whichthere is no return, and no future "Re-Write," at all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!May Christ Richly Bless those who love Him, AmenMike.

Mike1111Mike

Sep 20, 2007
I am sorry, it is meant to be anti-harry potter, but if it still offends You, and it comes accross wrong. just let me know again, and I will delete it, with all due apologies. I am sorry it offends You. I guess the humorus aproach in this case did not work. If so requested again I will delete it, and apologize to all Brothers and Sisters in Christ, for lack of judgment, ( which is nothing new to Me )God BlessLoveMike

Jon-Marc

Jun 8, 2007
Jacumba, CA
In my humble opinion I think people put too much importance upon TV shows when to me they are nothing more than entertainment. There are, of course, shows I won't watch. Too many times I have turned on a TV show thinking it might be something good just to turn it off a few minutes later when someone uses God's name in vain. One show about a big, mean looking, bald PI used God's name in vain twice right off the bat. I haven't watched it since, because it was the main character that said it. That's a big turn-off for me.Personally, I enjoyed Harry Potter since it was nothing but entertainment to me. I certainly don't take TV seriously. In fact, there's very little in life I take seriously. Life to me is just one big joke--on us.