Has anyone cast out demons?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
That would not be your biggest issue here. These types of spirits could terminate his life. This is why there needs to be a couselling and deliverance team. Not just deliverance. The main emphasis is on the word "team". It is God who draws together a team, each with specific gifts needed for the sake of this man or anyone else's freedom. We know that God [through the Holy Spirit] is the greatest deliverer but he tends to use his people in this way for many reasons....

I think I might have said it in another post....Mental illness spirits can be entrenched in a persons pscyhe.(body, soul,spirit).
There can be layers and layers and layers on each level and each issue has to be addressed separately. Dealt with, repented of or forgiven, agreed upon, then removed [cast out] but only as the Holy Spirit leads. The Holy Spirit may lead differently with each level and each layer.

This can actually takes years but it can also take less according to the persons willingnes to be set free and obedience.

Romans 8:28
28 And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose.

God is not going to throw you in the deep end. You will find that if he is taking you down this path, he will lead the way. You need to listen to his voice and obey his will. He will open doors to divine appointments, create divine encounters, he will place various Godly people on your path. Spiritual Fathers, teachers, prophets, counsellors, evangelists, healers and so forth.

You will think about this conversation many years down the track in hindsight and think to yourself, Wow! Father, you are just so awesome! Thank you for using me for your Kingdom and your glory!!!

Blessings!
Is it not Jesus who casts the Demon out ...has he not got enough authority? The whole program of it taking a long time and having to engage other people sounds suspect to me.....it sounds like 'incantations' of the 'right' sort must be exercised.

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So There is this man that is homeless. He rants and raves and is almost impossible to approach. He goes to church. I gave him something to eat the other day and it was almost like he was a child trapped in a body over run with demons. It made me want to cry. You can tell that he is in there with vile spirits. Someone told me it is schizophrenia. I asked has anyone tried to cast out demons and I was told no. I feel for this man. He is obviously coming to church for help. I have never tried to cast out demons but Jesus said we have that power. Should someone try that with this man?
I've never cast out a demon, but once I felt I had a couple of them in my head, waking up one night after drinking seven beers, after promising myself I'd quit after six. I haven't had a drink since.

Reactions: Lambano and Mantis