Has anyone changed their mind...?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
It was the Ark which saved Noah. See my thread on Noah's Ark. The water was necessary to keep the Ark afloat, but safety was within the Ark ( a type of Christ) not the Deluge. Without the Ark Noah and all the occupants of the Ark would have been destroyed.

Excellent! The only way can can 'be saved' is by being in The Ark Himself.

Reactions: Nancy and Enoch111

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My mind has changed greatly in a lot of ways, Bygrace. To start with a simple example, BOL talked about the distinct difference between The Roman Catholic Church and the Catholic Church. I don't understand it all, but I get what he says.

There are other things that come up from time to time that I haven't thought of before. "Little trivial nuggets" that may seem insignificant, but go into the storage vault, that come back at a later time.

But the biggest change in my mind is how to conduct myself. I have come to the conclusion that "one upmanship" does little good. Those that use personal attacks will never be taken seriously, even if they are right. I try not to... I fail at times, sometimes big time. I am human...

I have learned to look at the facts and the argument, and ignore bitterness and strife. Again, sometimes I fail.

I have seen people on this board say, "I see your point, but.. ". Let's at least look at that as progress!

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The Ark is never called a type of Christ.
It does not have to be "called" a type in order to be one. Spiritually discerning Christians have already seen Noah's Ark as a type of Christ.

Six Ways in Which Noah’s Ark Is a Type of Christ

The Ark is a Type of Christ
The Ark is a Type of Christ - Genesis Commentary
THE ARK: A TRUE TYPE OF CHRIST, (GENESIS 8)
How is Noah’s ark a type of Jesus Christ? | kdmanestreet

And many more.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It does not have to be "called" a type in order to be one. Spiritually discerning Christians have already seen Noah's Ark as a type of Christ.

And many more.

Really credible site. Calvinism with at least one Ashley Madison Ad on it.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amen! Christ is the Ark for those who believe, and are therefore safe from the wrath of God. One is either "in" Christ or not in Christ, and it is that simple.
Many scenario in the Bible where people didn’t enter in due to unbelief

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
My mind has changed greatly in a lot of ways, Bygrace. To start with a simple example, BOL talked about the distinct difference between The Roman Catholic Church and the Catholic Church. I don't understand it all, but I get what he says.

There are other things that come up from time to time that I haven't thought of before. "Little trivial nuggets" that may seem insignificant, but go into the storage vault, that come back at a later time.

But the biggest change in my mind is how to conduct myself. I have come to the conclusion that "one upmanship" does little good. Those that use personal attacks will never be taken seriously, even if they are right. I try not to... I fail at times, sometimes big time. I am human...

I have learned to look at the facts and the argument, and ignore bitterness and strife. Again, sometimes I fail.

I have seen people on this board say, "I see your point, but.. ". Let's at least look at that as progress!

Amen brother...some very good points...thank you for that..and I so agree with your - quote-
"Those that use personal attacks will never be taken seriously, even if they are right. I try not to... I fail at times, sometimes big time. I am human...

I have learned to look at the facts and the argument, and ignore bitterness and strife. Again, sometimes I fail."
end quote.

Very true...hopefully we are all learning that, and other things too.
I have always appreciated you spirit, in posting.

Bless you..H

Reactions: aspen and FHII

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

And many more.

Agree.
The verse I like is where Noah and His family come IN, and God shuts the door.
The Type of Christ our salvation.

In Exodus God says to Moses when He is giving the Tabernacle directions and patterns etc...- And there I will meet with thee, and I will commune with thee from above the mercy seat, from between the two cherubim which are upon the Ark of the testimony, of all things which I will give thee in commandment unto the children of Israel.

And even a child can see that Noah's Ark and The Ark of the Covenant were a type of Christ Himself.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Agree.
The verse I like is where Noah and His family come IN, and God shuts the door.
The Type of Christ our salvation.

In Exodus God says to Moses when He is giving the Tabernacle directions and patterns etc...- And there I will meet with thee, and I will commune with thee from above the mercy seat, from between the two cherubim which are upon the Ark of the testimony, of all things which I will give thee in commandment unto the children of Israel.

And even a child can see that Noah's Ark and The Ark of the Covenant were a type of Christ Himself.
I can almost see the same image when they entered the tomb and saw the two angles standing at the place where Christ was laid

Reactions: Helen

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wrote a whole thing out and my connection died and it deleted half. And we are in Texas and I am tired. And I need to go to bed .I learned I got to put CB up at night. Lol. But posting to follow and respond when I get back to Indiana.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
And adults have to become as little children to discern these truths, which can sometimes come out of the mouths of babes and sucklings. I am often amazed at the spiritual insight of my grandsons, aged 8 and 5.

Reactions: Helen and brakelite

Deborah_

Jun 7, 2015
Swansea, Wales
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I was just wondering, as I see some of our threads here are 14 pages long x 20 posts a page...
Has coming to this forum, and reading other people's posts , thoughts, and argument ever changed your mind on what you perviously believed?

If we all come with a closed mind, what good do we do for each other? o_O

I think in all the years that I have been here, I have only seen about two people mentioned that they have learned something from someone else!

I can say - I HAVE. There are about five brothers over the years ( some no long posting) but some still here, that I have learned from , and have caused me to 'pause'.
I do get blessed and challenged my some of the posters. :)
Thank you.

I've changed my mind on several issues since becoming a Christian.

But not through forums - rather, through reading and my own Bible study.

Very very few forum posters can argue their case intelligently and persuasively. Most people simply criticise their opponents, demonise the alternative theology, recycle conspiracy theories, or rely on fallacious logic (or all four). And if anything, the overall standard appears to be falling. These days I often look in, but rarely join in.

I have learned a great deal through being on forums: I've come across a lot of weird doctrines over the years that otherwise I wouldn't know existed. I've observed the arguments that people use and the way that they think. But I wouldn't recommend anyone to come to a forum to learn about Christianity itself or to learn how to interpret the Bible. Better to read a good book or commentary written by someone who actually knows what they're talking about!

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amen! Christ is the Ark for those who believe, and are therefore safe from the wrath of God. One is either "in" Christ or not in Christ, and it is that simple.

Oh great! Here I am again, back on the "Pre-Trib Rapture...sheesh, the older I get the more I find myself sitting on the fence with things I thought I was set in stone with! Hahaha...well, back to the drawing board with this one! :oops:

Reactions: Dave L and Willie T

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh great! Here I am again, back on the "Pre-Trib Rapture...sheesh, the older I get the more I find myself sitting on the fence with things I thought I was set in stone with! Hahaha...well, back to the drawing board with this one! :oops:
You are in good shape. Too many people think being immovably dogmatic makes them righteous. The Pharisees felt the same.

Last edited:
Reactions: bbyrd009 and Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are in good shape. Too many people think being immovably dogmatic makes them righteous. The Pharisee felt the same.

Yes, true. I just feel kind of wishy-washy when this happens yet, I learn even more by sitting on the fence...it's not such a comfortable seat :)

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

There are differences of course between The Catholic system and the Protestant system. The main difference is that in the Catholic system, it is man deceiving man. In the Protestant system, it's the other way around.

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I was just wondering, as I see some of our threads here are 14 pages long x 20 posts a page...
Has coming to this forum, and reading other people's posts , thoughts, and argument ever changed your mind on what you previously believed?and

If we all come with a closed mind, what good do we do for each other? o_O

I think in all the years that I have been here, I have only seen about two people mentioned that they have learned something from someone else!

I can say - I HAVE. There are about five brothers over the years ( some no long posting) but some still here, that I have learned from , and have caused me to 'pause'.

I do get blessed and challenged by some of the posters. :)
Thank you.
Hello @"ByGrace",

It is the Bible study needed to respond in a debate which has been the most rewarding part of being on a forum for me, for in doing so I have both learned and unlearned a great deal. It has also been instructive in regard to social interaction, for in times past I have got upset by comments made, and taken the whole thing too personally, but now I concentrate on the subject in hand, and ignore personal comment entirely.

Being one who reads and applies Scripture from a dispensational viewpoint I have often had to stand alone in the face of opposition, so remaining objective has been important. The need for accuracy when quoting Scripture, and the importance of taking into account the context in which it comes cannot be overstated.

The object of each one of us is to show ourselves as approved unto God (2 Timothy 2:15), and that should determine our behaviour towards one another.

Thank you, :)
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Last edited: