Has anyone changed their mind...?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
What is interesting here is the "cube" dimensions. Just like the holy of holies is 15 cubits square....the New Jerusalem is 15 hundred miles square.

That's "cube" bits... :)

Good one...I had not 'seen' that. Thanks.
thumbup1[1].gif

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
QUOTE=""ByGrace", post: 537369, member: 4427"]Good one...I had not 'seen' that. Thanks.
View attachment 5843[/QUOTE]
Don't get too carried away with that "exact" measurement business. The dimensions seem to vary in length, depending upon who is doing the conversion. (Besides, I am pretty sure TNJ just represents "The Church" of Believers, not a location where God gets stuck, sitting there ruling.)

Reactions: Helen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Don't get too carried away with that "exact" measurement business. The dimensions seem to vary in length, depending upon who is doing the conversion. (Besides, I am pretty sure TNJ just represents "The Church" of Believers.)

Oh true..."The City" is spiritual anyway..as is everything else .
I just wanted to make the point Rev 21.16
16 "And the city lieth foursquare, and the length is as large as the breadth: and he measured the city with the reed, twelve thousand furlongs. The length and the breadth and the height of it are equal."

A "City" twelve thousand furlongs high sounds like one very strange literal "city" to me!!!

Reactions: Waiting on him

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was just wondering, as I see some of our threads here are 14 pages long x 20 posts a page...
Has coming to this forum, and reading other people's posts , thoughts, and argument ever changed your mind on what you perviously believed?

If we all come with a closed mind, what good do we do for each other? o_O

I think in all the years that I have been here, I have only seen about two people mentioned that they have learned something from someone else!

I can say - I HAVE. There are about five brothers over the years ( some no long posting) but some still here, that I have learned from , and have caused me to 'pause'.
I do get blessed and challenged my some of the posters. :)
Thank you.

I do believe that there are some here that have enlightened me in some area's, but as far as my conviction's are concerned, No I have not had my mind changed. most of the time the thing's are what I have glossed over in my reading, or subtle nuances that I had not picked up on!
Just the same they were Blessing to me, and grateful to have received them!!
This to me is where the Body Edifies and help's nourish the Whole.
Thanks' to All !

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't know if it is just this forum, but over the past several years, I have come to be able to see opposite sides more objectively..... AND to realize that several sides can be both partially right and partially wrong, at the same time.
Hi Willie,

This is one thing I have always struggled with. Several members of this forum have said the same thing you just said.

I will admit there are some passages from Scripture that can be interpreted in different ways so I would never say that one person is right about their interpretation and the other persons interpretation is wrong; I would just say I agree with one of the interpretation over the other. The tricky part comes when the passage from Scripture being debated as "right or wrong" has to do with salvation.

How does one know what is "partially right and partially wrong" when it comes to the passages that effect my salvation?

Sincerely....Mary

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Willie,

This is one thing I have always struggled with. Several members of this forum have said the same thing you just said.

I will admit there are some passages from Scripture that can be interpreted in different ways so I would never say that one person is right about their interpretation and the other persons interpretation is wrong; I would just say I agree with one of the interpretation over the other. The tricky part comes when the passage from Scripture being debated as "right or wrong" has to do with salvation.

How does one know what is "partially right and partially wrong" when it comes to the passages that effect my salvation?

Sincerely....Mary
Got anything specific in mind?

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was just wondering, as I see some of our threads here are 14 pages long x 20 posts a page...
Has coming to this forum, and reading other people's posts , thoughts, and argument ever changed your mind on what you perviously believed?

If we all come with a closed mind, what good do we do for each other? o_O

I think in all the years that I have been here, I have only seen about two people mentioned that they have learned something from someone else!

I can say - I HAVE. There are about five brothers over the years ( some no long posting) but some still here, that I have learned from , and have caused me to 'pause'.
I do get blessed and challenged my some of the posters. :)
Thank you.
Hi BG,

GREAT question and something I have thought about OFTEN.

I have learned what other people believe about scripture and find it fascinating that they believe what they believe. Example: there is a member that believes reading scripture is the same as eating Jesus body and drinking His blood. It is by reading Scripture that this member is fulfilling Jesus commandment "You must eat my body and drink my blood"!! In my 50+ years of living I have NEVER heard that interpretation of Scripture and find that belief FASCINATING (and clearly un-Biblical). There is another member on here that believes Scripture supports the enslavement of other humans. o_O

Soooo with that said I can't think of anything I have learned form anyone I have just learned what other people think which, in my opinion, makes me a more knowledgeable person.

I did learn from YOU how to just let something's go on this forum and accept them for what they are no matter how silly I think it is.....Thank you for that.

Mary

Reactions: Hidden In Him

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Hi Willie,

Sincerely....Mary

Who is the final arbiter of what we happen to agree with? Does it matter what we think? Or is God the One in control....so that we can let Him judge when the time is appropriate?

Our focus should never be on how saved we are....or not. We are to seek the Lord. Salvation is in Him at any rate...nothing that we can possess.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who is the final arbiter of what we happen to agree with? Does it matter what we think? Or is God the One in control....so that we can let Him judge when the time is appropriate?

Our focus should never be on how saved we are....or not. We are to seek the Lord. Salvation is in Him at any rate...nothing that we can possess.
Some "Christians" think that abortion is not the killing of a baby.

You tell me.....Does that matter??

Mary

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi...wow fast response...thank you. :)

Baptism: does it save or is it just a symbol
How many passages of the Bible have you compared on this particular subject? And is the meaning of each of the passages explicitly speaking of Salvation?

Here is only one of dozens of sites where people have compiled verses that relate to baptism.
Baptism: Complete List of Bible Verses

Last edited:

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Some "Christians" think that abortion is not the killing of a baby.

You tell me.....Does that matter??

Mary

I, personally, have never had an abortion, nor been the victim of one. The fact is that abortions happen. What are we to do with those who do abortions or have them? How can we stop sin from happening in the world?

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I, personally, have never had an abortion, nor been the victim of one. The fact is that abortions happen. What are we to do with those who do abortions or have them? How can we stop sin from happening in the world?
YOU ASKED: Does it matter what we think?

Yes, I believe it does matter what we think....I have answered YOUR question.

Does it matter that some "Christians" think abortion is not the killing of a baby??

Patient Mary

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How many passages of the Bible have you compared on this particular subject? And is the meaning of each of the passages explicitly speaking of Salvation?
ooops....lets try this again. I accidently left off the question mark.

Baptism: does it save or is it just a symbol??

Mary

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
YOU ASKED: Does it matter what we think?

Yes, I believe it does matter what we think....I have answered YOUR question.

Does it matter that some "Christians" think abortion is not the killing of a baby??

Patient Mary

Actually, it matters what God thinks. Have you considered God in your equation?

Reactions: Jane_Doe22

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

No it has made me dig in even more. Now other forums have made me think and change my mind on things, but here there is so much attacking that unfortunately I joined in on that. I have found that on most forums we usually come to argue put that together with the fact that I am religious and not ashamed of it and on here that is a bad thing.

It doesn't feel safe here with so many attacking so many dig in like myself and attack back. Even on this thread the attacks start. For instances I know someone will attack me for this, I am not a Bible only person but for most here that is the height of blasphemy

Last edited:

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually, it matters what God thinks. Have you considered God in your equation?
Wow.....You just can't straight out answer a question. Can you......o_O

Soooo it sounds like you don't think it matters what we think!!!!

If one of my friends comes to me and says, "Hey Mary, I am going to get and abortion. Will you drive me to the clinic". It doesn't matter what I think.....I should encourage her, pray that for the abortion doctor so that he/she doesn't mess up and accidently kill my friend!!

After all...It doesn't matter what I think....does it.

OR I could try to talk her out of it and possibly save another child.....NEVER MIND.....according to your theory it doesn't matter what I think.

Mary

PS...It probably matters to the baby :rolleyes:

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I love this!

The best indication of effect is the buzz :)

But seriously, the "word of our testimony" during these time shares the headline with "the blood of Christ." It is no small matter, and yet often times is misunderstood even by ourselves, because of all the would-be conflict. And yes, no one likes the arguing and division. Well...perhaps some do. But this is to be expected among different members of one body - indeed, we all have a different perspective. Nonetheless, we are to tell what we see, and what we experience. If we know our God, we do not fight against each other, but are rather good-cop-bad-cop against a common enemy. Do brothers not fight? Do they still love each other? Hopefully so.

In the end, this glacier is victorious - it is already. Even if we can not see it advance day to day.

Keep the faith.