Has ANYONE here come to believe in universal salvation after reading posts in this community?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Has ANYONE here come to believe in universal salvation after reading posts in this community? Just curious. Thanks.
Highly doubtful; same could be said about ANY universalists reversing their belief either?
Or anyone reversing ANY deeply-held theological belief as a result of arguments presented on this or any other Christian internet message board?

I love this little vignette from a book I read back in college:

"You young people don't know how good you got it in this country! You can be a pinko or a commie or a (homosexual slur), you can do what you want and say what you want and print what you want and shout 'Revolution!' in the streets, and do you know why?"

"Yes! Yes, ******* it, I know why!
Because no one is listening."
- Allan Sherman, The Rape of the A*P*E, 1973

Yeah. Because no one is really listening.

But I'm not a cynical man.

Last edited:

NayborBear

Jan 21, 2020
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just curious. Thanks.
I kinda looks at it this way. If ALL this is from the mind of God? And ALL this is His way of figuring out which souls He's going to keep in His mind, and which souls He's going to walk away from to never think about 'em again? Like casting some bad idea aside?

Then? I wanna be on the side of His mind He KEEPS!

That's my story and I'm stickin' to it. ;)

Reactions: Nancy

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Or anyone reversing ANY deeply-held theological belief as a result of arguments presented on this or any other Christian internet message board?

I love this little vignette from a book I read back in college:

"You young people don't know how good you got it in this country! You can be a pinko or a commie or a (homosexual slur), you can do what you want any say what you want and print what you want and shout 'Revolution!' in the streets, and do you know why?"

"Yes! Yes, ******* it, I know why!
Because no one is listening."
- Allan Sherman, The Rape of the A*P*E, 1973

Yeah. Because no one is really listening.

But I'm not a cynical man.
I used to think the Holy Ghost only is with the worthy. But I find that daily scripture and church services brings me the Holy Ghost daily. New belief for me.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't think everyone will be saved. But I also don't want to judge either as I am not worthy of judging.

Reactions: Nancy

ByGraceThroughFaith

Mar 14, 2021
Dudley
trinitystudies.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
"Universal slavation" is 100% AGAINST the Teachings of the Holy Bible, as it is VERY CLEAR that the Road that leads to destruction, and eternal damnation, will be sadly travelled by the GREATER MAJORITY!

Matthew 7

13 “Enter by the narrow gate. For the gate is wide and the way is easy that leads to destruction, and those who enter by it are many. 14 For the gate is narrow and the way is hard that leads to life, and those who find it are few

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
No, b3cause scripture has to be twisted and distorted in order to teach universal salvation.