Andy Stanley Apostasy

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, one of the leaders of the OSAS community has come out in support of gay marriage perversion and LGBBQ perversion. Just like the OSAS peoples teach... once can live in what God says as being sin and still go to Heaven.

This false teacher recently hosted a conference he called the 'Unconditional Conference', a two-day conference geared toward “supporting parents and LGBTQ+ children in their churches which included LGBTQ-affirming speakers.

Very sad that leaders of the OSAS doctrine are claiming it's OK to be gay which God's Word teaches is living in sin and claim those living in sin will still go to Heaven.

For more info on this false teacher's gay affirming conference, here are some links to news stories about it:

Rockerduck

Nov 7, 2022
Marietta, Georgia.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Andy Stanley is a false prophet. I went to his church and He never said Jesus or had an Alter call. He is not even close to OSAS, he isn't even saved.

Reactions: marks

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He is not even close to OSAS

Sure he is! He's the posted boy for the entire OSAS community now that his daddy croaked (Charlie Standly) who was also a false teacher

The whole reason why Andy Stanley is coming out in support of the gay "christians" is because he believes no matter how one lives, they absolutely cannot lose their salvation!

Your boy Andy Stanley is bring reproach upon the Lord Jesus Christ by claiming to be a Christian and teaching OSAS.

Rockerduck

Nov 7, 2022
Marietta, Georgia.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sure he is! He's the posted boy for the entire OSAS community now that his daddy croaked (Charlie Standly) who was also a false teacher

The whole reason why Andy Stanley is coming out in support of the gay "christians" is because he believes no matter how one lives, they absolutely cannot lose their salvation!

Your boy Andy Stanley is bring reproach upon the Lord Jesus Christ by claiming to be a Christian and teaching OSAS.
Charles Stanley is a good Christian, he and his son Andy didn't get along at all because Andy followed Joel Osteen and based his church on it. Andy grew up in church and knows all the church talk. You can't find his testimony online. Any good Christian has a testimony. Andy Stanley in NOT my boy. His is Satanic teaching.

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Charles Stanley is a good Christian

Actually he's a heretic who teaches OSAS doctrine claiming when one sins... their sin is already forgiven even before they committed it and no need to turn away from sin or even ask for forgiveness!

He actually taught one can be a "gay christian" and still go to Heaven proving he is a false teacher!

Here's a video where you can see video of Charlies saying this (just a few minutes into the video)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3d9dT6LUqQ

In his book, Eternal Security, Charlie Stanley says

"Even if a believer for all practical purposes becomes an unbeliever, his salvation is not in jeopardy” (Chapter 10, p. 93)

“Christ will not deny an unbelieving Christian his or her salvation because to do so would be to deny Himself” (p. 94).

“Believers who lose or abandon their faith will retain their salvation, for God remains faithful” (p. 94)

Last edited:

Rockerduck

Nov 7, 2022
Marietta, Georgia.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually he's a heretic who teaches OSAS doctrine claiming when one sins... their sin is already forgiven even before they committed it and no need to turn away from sin or even ask for forgiveness!

He actually taught one can be a "gay christian" and still go to Heaven proving he is a false teacher!

Here's a video where you can see video of Charlies saying this (just a few minutes into the video)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZJxhGiiTUs

In his book, Eternal Security, Charlie Stanley says

"Even if a believer for all practical purposes becomes an unbeliever, his salvation is not in jeopardy” (Chapter 10, p. 93)

“Christ will not deny an unbelieving Christian his or her salvation because to do so would be to deny Himself” (p. 94).

“Believers who lose or abandon their faith will retain their salvation, for God remains faithful” (p. 94)
Never saw that one. I agree with you.

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
See... that's the problem with OSAS doctrine.

If one is an adherent to OSAS doctrine then they HAVE to say that when people fall in to sinful lifestyles they are still save and will go to Heaven.

Because, if they say the person is not longer saved then they just admitted that OSAS doctrine is false.

So, OSAS peoples are roped in to their own doctrine and cannot get out.

If they ever say anything that suggests OSAS doctrine is false, then they'll get kicked out of the prestigious OSAS Association

So we see in the video where Charlie Stanley is plainly saying that a "gay christian" is still going to Heaven if they have been saved by the grace of God. This guy is very high respected amongst the OSAS peoples... and he is an authority on OSAS doctrine.

Reactions: Cassandra

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Every man is a liar !
The only truth is the word of God !

Heretic a person believing in or practicing religious heresy.
Heresy belief or opinion contrary to orthodox religious (especially Christian) doctrine.

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Heresy belief or opinion contrary to orthodox religious (especially Christian) doctrine.

No, heresy is teaching things that are in opposition to the whole counsel of God's Word!

What many think is orthodox Christian teaching.... is actually heresy
(calvinismn, reformed theology, osas greasy grace changers,etc)

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, heresy is teaching things that are in opposition to the whole counsel of God's Word!

What many think is orthodox Christian teaching.... is actually heresy
(calvinismn, reformed theology, osas greasy grace changers,etc)
You sure seem to take great pleasure in judging and condemning others, which is very telling. Now are you saying that ALL Christians in the OSAS camp will be condemned to hell? So anyone who agrees with even just one point of TULIP or agrees with any part of reformed theology at all will be condemned to hell?

Reactions: Rita

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You sure seem to take great pleasure in judging and condemning others, which is very telling. Now are you saying that ALL Christians in the OSAS camp will be condemned to hell? So anyone who agrees with even just one point of TULIP or agrees with any part of reformed theology at all will be condemned to hell?

I'm condemning false doctrine... and it's sad that some get offended because I don't agree with the false doctrine that they espouse.

Let's take a peek at some of the things the Lord says in His Word about TULIP and other false doctrines that God did not teach in His Word:

1 Timothy 4:1,2
Now the Spirit speaks expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;
Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron

("depart from the faith" is not referring to sinners in the world who never came to faith in the first place)

1 Timothy 6:3-5 (see Luke 11:23 and 2 Peter 3:2)
If any man teach otherwise, and consent not to wholesome words, even the words of our Lord Jesus Christ, and to the doctrine which is according to godliness (holiness); (Doctrine of Christ, aka Doctrine of the Apostles)
He is proud, knowing nothing, but doting about questions and strifes of words, whereof comes envy, strife, railings, evil thoughts… Perverse disputings of men of corrupt minds, and destitute of the truth, supposing that gain is godliness: from such withdraw thyself.

2 Timothy 4:3,4
For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine (teaching); but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;
And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

2 Peter 2:1-3
But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying (contradicting, Not agreeing with) the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.
And many shall follow their pernicious ways; by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of.
And through covetousness (idolatry) shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you: whose judgment now of a long time lingers not, and their damnation slumbers not.

Jude 1:4
For there are certain men crept in unawares, who were before of old ordained to this condemnation, ungodly men, turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness (no self control, living after the flesh), and denying (contradicting, opposing Jesus’ teachings) the only Lord God, and our Lord Jesus Christ. (referring to false teachers and false brethren - see Matthew 13:24-30)
(Deny = Strong's G0720… to contradict, disavow, reject, deny, refuse - and Strong's G4483… the idea of pouring forth, to utter, speak of or say, command)

Jude 1:17-21
Remember the words which were spoken before of the apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ;
How that they told you there should be mockers in the last time, who should walk after their own ungodly lusts.
These are those who
separate themselves, sensual, having not the Spirit.
But you, beloved, building up yourselves on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Ghost,
Keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life.
("those who separate themselves" is not referring to sinners in the world who were never joined unto the Lord in the first place)

Acts 20:27-30
For I have not shunned to declare unto you all the counsel of God.
Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.
For I know this, that after my departing shall grievous wolves enter in among you, not sparing the flock.
Also of your own selves shall men arise, speaking perverse things, to draw away disciples after them.

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Big Boy Johnson said: I'm condemning false doctrine... and it's sad that some get offended because I don't agree with the false doctrine that they espouse.
I will ask you again. Are you saying that ALL Christians in the OSAS camp will be condemned to hell? So anyone who agrees with even just one point of TULIP or agrees with any part of reformed theology at all will be condemned to hell? YES or NO?

Let's take a peek at some of the things the Lord says in His Word about TULIP and other false doctrines that God did not teach in His Word:
This really does not pertain to me because I'm not a 5-point Calvinist.

1 Timothy 4:1,2
Now the Spirit speaks expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;
Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron

("depart from the faith" is not referring to sinners in the world who never came to faith in the first place)
1 Timothy 4:1 - Now the Spirit expressly says that in latter times some will depart from the faith, giving heed to deceiving spirits and doctrines of demons, 2 speaking lies in hypocrisy, having their own conscience seared with a hot iron, 3 forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from foods which God created to be received with thanksgiving by those who believe and know the truth.

So, you assume that "depart from the faith" means that born again believers depart from saving faith in Christ and lose their salvation? Of course, you do. The words "the faith" (Greek tês pisteôs) in this context means the apostolic faith, the New Testament apostolic body of doctrines. Some who are in a state of professing adherence to the apostolic faith, nevertheless, will in both doctrine and practice depart from it, giving heed to deceiving spirits and doctrines of demons, which demonstrates that their faith was never firmly rooted and established from the start.

Some "nominal" Christians will abandon the Christian faith, the New Testament apostolic body of doctrines for cults or false religions. That does not prove they were previously born again. In 1 John 2:19, we read - They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would have continued with us; but they went out that they might be made manifest, that none of them were of us.

I believe the beginning of such a major departing from the apostolic faith was evidenced as the Roman Catholic church rose in the early 4th century. The Roman Catholic church forbids its clergy to marry. The Roman Catholic church has other demonic doctrines such as transubstantiation, purgatory, indulgences, papal infallibility etc..

1 Timothy 6:3-5 (see Luke 11:23 and 2 Peter 3:2)
If any man teach otherwise, and consent not to wholesome words, even the words of our Lord Jesus Christ, and to the doctrine which is according to godliness (holiness); (Doctrine of Christ, aka Doctrine of the Apostles)
He is proud, knowing nothing, but doting about questions and strifes of words, whereof comes envy, strife, railings, evil thoughts… Perverse disputings of men of corrupt minds, and destitute of the truth, supposing that gain is godliness: from such withdraw thyself.
2 Timothy 4:3,4
For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine (teaching); but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;
And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.
2 Peter 2:1-3But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying (contradicting, Not agreeing with) the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction. And many shall follow their pernicious ways; by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of. And through covetousness (idolatry) shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you: whose judgment now of a long time lingers not, and their damnation slumbers not.
Oh, the irony. :rolleyes:

Jude 1:4
For there are certain men crept in unawares, who were before of old ordained to this condemnation, ungodly men, turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness (no self control, living after the flesh), and denying (contradicting, opposing Jesus’ teachings) the only Lord God, and our Lord Jesus Christ. (referring to false teachers and false brethren - see Matthew 13:24-30)
(Deny = Strong's G0720… to contradict, disavow, reject, deny, refuse - and Strong's G4483… the idea of pouring forth, to utter, speak of or say, command)
Jude 1:17-21 Remember the words which were spoken before of the apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ; How that they told you there should be mockers in the last time, who should walk after their own ungodly lusts. These are those who separate themselves, sensual, having not the Spirit. But you, beloved, building up yourselves on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Ghost, Keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life. ("those who separate themselves" is not referring to sinners in the world who were never joined unto the Lord in the first place)
Jude is exhorting believers to contend earnestly for the faith which was once for all delivered to the saints (vs. 3) because certain ungodly men have crept in unnoticed. Jude further describes these ungodly men as ones who cause divisions, worldly-minded, devoid of the Spirit. (vs. 19) This is referring to sinners in the world who were never joined unto the Lord in the first place. In CONTRAST with those who are called, sanctified by God the Father, and PRESERVED in Jesus Christ. (vs. 1)

Psalm 37:28 - For the Lord loves justice and does not forsake His saints; They are PRESERVED FOREVER, But the descendants of the wicked shall be cut off. Praise God! :)

Acts 20:27-30
For I have not shunned to declare unto you all the counsel of God.
Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.
For I know this, that after my departing shall grievous wolves enter in among you, not sparing the flock.
Also of your own selves shall men arise, speaking perverse things, to draw away disciples after them.
More irony. :rolleyes: Oh how you love to judge and condemn others. Luke 18:9 - Also He spoke this parable to some who trusted in themselves that they were righteous, and despised others/treated others with contempt/looked down on everyone else. (sound familiar?) 10 “Two men went up to the temple to pray, one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector. 11 The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, ‘God, I thank You that I am not like other men—extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this tax collector. 12 I fast twice a week; I give tithes of all that I possess.’ 13 And the tax collector, standing afar off, would not so much as raise his eyes to heaven, but beat his breast, saying, ‘God, be merciful to me a sinner!’ 14 I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other; for everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, and he who humbles himself will be exalted.”

Reactions: Eternally Grateful

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So anyone who agrees with even just one point of TULIP or agrees with any part of reformed theology at all will be condemned to hell? YES or NO?

Refer to what the New Testament teaches concerning those who teach false doctrine... and you'll have your answer!

You need to consider what the Lord says about this not what others think.

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Refer to what the New Testament teaches concerning those who teach false doctrine... and you'll have your answer!

You need to consider what the Lord says about this not what others think.
Just man up and answer YES or NO. I do consider what the Lord says about this and not what others and especially not what you think.

Psalm 37:28 - For the Lord loves justice and does not forsake His saints; They are preserved forever, But the descendants of the wicked shall be cut off.

John 6:37 - All that the Father gives Me will come to Me, and the one who comes to Me I will certainly not cast out. 38 For I have come down from heaven, not to do My own will, but the will of Him who sent Me. 39 This is the will of Him who sent Me, that of all that He has given Me I lose nothing but raise it up on the last day.

John 10:27 - My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me; 28 and I give eternal life to them, and they will never perish; and no one will snatch them out of My hand. 29 My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch them out of the Father’s hand.

Romans 8:30 - Moreover, whom He predestined, these He also called; whom He called, these He also justified; and whom He justified, these He also glorified. ALL of them.

Romans 8:38 - For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come, 39 nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

1 Corinthians 1:8 - He will also keep you firm to the end, so that you will be blameless on the day of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Ephesians 1:13 - In Him you also trusted, after you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation; in whom also, having believed, you were sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise, 14 who is the guarantee of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, to the praise of His glory.

Ephesians 4:30 - And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you were sealed for the day of redemption.

Philippians 1:6 - being confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ.

Hebrews 10:10 - By that will we have been sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

Hebrews 10:14 - For by one offering He has perfected forever those who are sanctified.

Jude 1:1 - Jude, a bondservant of Jesus Christ, and brother of James, to those who are called, sanctified by God the Father, and preserved in Jesus Christ.

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
None the less the the reformed theology / calvinists / OSAS peoples embrace false doctrine due to their failure to embrace the whole counsel of God.

What happened to Israel is written as an example to New Testament believers... get a clue!

1 Corinthians 10:1-11
Moreover, brethren, I would not that ye should be ignorant, how that all our fathers were under the cloud, and all passed through the sea;
And were all baptized unto Moses in the cloud and in the sea;
And did all eat the same spiritual meat;
And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ.
But with many of them God was not well pleased: for they were overthrown in the wilderness.
Now these things were our examples, to the intent we should not lust after evil things, as they also lusted.
Neither be ye idolaters, as were some of them; as it is written, The people sat down to eat and drink, and rose up to play.
Neither let us commit fornication, as some of them committed, and fell in one day three and twenty thousand.
Neither let us tempt Christ, as some of them also tempted, and were destroyed of serpents.
Neither murmur ye, as some of them also murmured, and were destroyed of the destroyer.

Now all these things happened unto them for ensamples: and they are written for our admonition, upon whom the ends of the world are come.

Did ya notice the Lord put this warning in the New Testament... to New Testamentr belivers???

Did ya notice that homie? clueless.gif

friend of

Sep 22, 2018
B.C.
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I don't know that much about his son, but Charles Stanley was aight

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, one of the leaders of the OSAS community has come out in support of gay marriage perversion and LGBBQ perversion. Just like the OSAS peoples teach... once can live in what God says as being sin and still go to Heaven.
Not all people who teach eternal security believe you can live in sin, In fact, non that I know of do..

John said a child of God can not live in sin. So why would we teach they can.

Reactions: mailmandan and Rita

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
so I do not know anything about this person.

But I see where he had a confrence to support FAMILES of LGBTQ, not the people themselves.

is this poster saying families of these people do nto need help?

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
None the less the the reformed theology / calvinists / OSAS peoples embrace false doctrine due to their failure to embrace the whole counsel of God.

What happened to Israel is written as an example to New Testament believers... get a clue!

1 Corinthians 10:1-11
Moreover, brethren, I would not that ye should be ignorant, how that all our fathers were under the cloud, and all passed through the sea;
And were all baptized unto Moses in the cloud and in the sea;
And did all eat the same spiritual meat;
And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ.
But with many of them God was not well pleased: for they were overthrown in the wilderness.
Now these things were our examples, to the intent we should not lust after evil things, as they also lusted.
Neither be ye idolaters, as were some of them; as it is written, The people sat down to eat and drink, and rose up to play.
Neither let us commit fornication, as some of them committed, and fell in one day three and twenty thousand.
Neither let us tempt Christ, as some of them also tempted, and were destroyed of serpents.
Neither murmur ye, as some of them also murmured, and were destroyed of the destroyer.

Now all these things happened unto them for ensamples: and they are written for our admonition, upon whom the ends of the world are come.

Did ya notice the Lord put this warning in the New Testament... to New Testamentr belivers???

Did ya notice that homie? View attachment 37790
Did you notice that just because these warnings in the New Testament are written to believers does not mean that EVERYONE mixed in with a group of genuine believers truly are genuine believers. Hence, the warnings. If you visited a church on Sunday (particular a very large church) and the Pastor of the church opened up his sermon with "good morning brothers and sisters in Christ," would you automatically assume that EVERYONE in that very large church on Sunday morning MUST be a genuine believer? There are genuine Christians and there are "nominal" Christians. There are genuine believers and there are make believers mixed together throughout various churches.

In Hebrews 4:1-2, we read - For indeed the gospel was preached to US as well as to THEM; but the word which THEY heard did not profit THEM, not being mixed with faith in THOSE who heard it. For WE who have believed do enter that rest, as He has said: "So I swore in My wrath, 'They shall not enter My rest," although the works were finished from the foundation of the world.

Obviously, not all of these Hebrews were genuine believers. *Notice that verses 2-3 makes a distinction between US who have BELIEVED and do enter that rest and THEM who heard the word but did not mix faith with what they heard and will not enter that rest because of UNBELIEF. Are you paying attention, homie? Speaking of being overthrown in the wilderness. Jude 1:5 - Though you already know all this, I want to remind you that the Lord at one time delivered his people out of Egypt, but later destroyed those who did not believe. Not stopped believing but did not believe.

• Love