Andy Stanley Apostasy

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did you notice that just because these warnings in the New Testament are written to believers does not mean that EVERYONE mixed in with a group of genuine believers truly are genuine believers. Hence, the warnings. If you visited a church on Sunday (particular a very large church) and the Pastor of the church opened up his sermon with "good morning brothers and sisters in Christ," would you automatically assume that EVERYONE in that very large church on Sunday morning MUST be a genuine believer? There are genuine Christians and there are "nominal" Christians. There are genuine believers and there are make believers mixed together throughout various churches.

In Hebrews 4:1-2, we read - For indeed the gospel was preached to US as well as to THEM; but the word which THEY heard did not profit THEM, not being mixed with faith in THOSE who heard it. For WE who have believed do enter that rest, as He has said: "So I swore in My wrath, 'They shall not enter My rest," although the works were finished from the foundation of the world.

Obviously, not all of these Hebrews were genuine believers. *Notice that verses 2-3 makes a distinction between US who have BELIEVED and do enter that rest and THEM who heard the word but did not mix faith with what they heard and will not enter that rest because of UNBELIEF. Are you paying attention, homie? Speaking of being overthrown in the wilderness. Jude 1:5 - Though you already know all this, I want to remind you that the Lord at one time delivered his people out of Egypt, but later destroyed those who did not believe. Not stopped believing but did not believe.
Amen,

it goes to the point Satan mixes truth with lies. and calls it truth.

It is nto truth.

Reactions: mailmandan

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't know that much about his son, but Charles Stanley was aight

Gnarly Charlie Stanley... was a false teacher!

In his book, Eternal Security, Stanley says

"Even if a believer for all practical purposes becomes an unbeliever, his salvation is not in jeopardy” (Chapter 10, p. 93)

“Christ will not deny an unbelieving Christian his or her salvation because to do so would be to deny Himself” (p. 94).

“Believers who lose or abandon their faith will retain their salvation, for God remains faithful” (p. 94)

He actually taught one can be a "gay christian" and still go to Heaven proving he is a false teacher!

Here's a video where you can see video of Charlies saying this (just a few minutes into the video)

In this video, Gnarly Charlie says he's proud of Andy and supports him after heresy charges

Can a Person Live a Life of Sin and Remain Saved?

thelord's_pearl

May 1, 2021
O`nowhere you have to know
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Only one thing bad about Charles Stanley I found was that he was in a Baptist church where they baptize babies but you're supposed to be baptized when you're old enough to repent and be baptised and also to confess that you believe that Jesus Christ is Lord and that He died on the cross for our sins and raised up from the dead in 3 days. I never heard what his thoughts were about gays or LGBTQ but practising gays is a sin in the bible.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, one of the leaders of the OSAS community has come out in support of gay marriage perversion and LGBBQ perversion. Just like the OSAS peoples teach...

What a load of garbage.
:rolleyes:

Belief in Gods offering of His Gift of assured eternal Salvation …… does not mean agreeing to support behaviors God identifies as an abomination.

Reactions: mailmandan

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Only one thing bad about Charles Stanley I found was that he was in a Baptist church where they baptize babies but you're supposed to be baptized when you're old enough to repent and be baptised and also to confess that you believe that Jesus Christ is Lord and that He died on the cross for our sins and raised up from the dead in 3 days. I never heard what his thoughts were about gays or LGBTQ but practising gays is a sin in the bible.

Hi Pearl ~

I believe decades ago it was usual for parents to announce the Birth and Public Naming of their child when “initiating” their child into a church of which the parents were members…typically called a Christening.
Often included a blessing (maybe with water)
Over the child by the cleric, and expectation the parents would raise the child according to that churches doctrine.

Pretty much modernly, Parents are often announcing the name their child will be called long before it is born. And using a “Baptism” as a taught guarantee of their salvation, should the child die young…and doesn’t matter much if the parents are regular church goers.

Pretty much, everything scripture has taught for churches to do has a touch of corruption.
Agree. Baptism of the Holy Spirit is not about one deciding for an other.

God Bless you,
Taken

thelord's_pearl

May 1, 2021
O`nowhere you have to know
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Hi Pearl ~

I believe decades ago it was usual for parents to announce the Birth and Public Naming of their child when “initiating” their child into a church of which the parents were members…typically called a Christening.
Often included a blessing (maybe with water)
Over the child by the cleric, and expectation the parents would raise the child according to that churches doctrine.

Pretty much modernly, Parents are often announcing the name their child will be called long before it is born. And using a “Baptism” as a taught guarantee of their salvation, should the child die young…and doesn’t matter much if the parents are regular church goers.

Pretty much, everything scripture has taught for churches to do has a touch of corruption.
Agree. Baptism of the Holy Spirit is not about one deciding for an other.

God Bless you,
Taken
Although I don't understand what you're saying, I want to say you can call me tlp rather than Pearl as there is a member called 'Pearl' already on this forum though I did not copy her name. I was "thelord's_pearl" on another Christian forum before in 2018.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Although I don't understand what you're saying, I want to say you can call me tlp rather than Pearl as there is a member called 'Pearl' already on this forum though I did not copy her name. I was "thelord's_pearl" on another Christian forum before in 2018.
I had my Kids baptized (sprinkled really) as babies..

It was not baptism as many thin, I was dedicating to God my kids. it was for my benefit not the girls

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
His weekly devotionals are nice anyway.

Yeah... nice and full of false doctrine! clueless-doh.gif

More reasons to avoid the false teachings of Gnarly Charlie!

Belief in Gods offering of His Gift of assured eternal Salvation …… does not mean agreeing to support behaviors God identifies as an abomination.

This is what the OSAS peoples do!
They do sinful things and then claim it's all good... "I'm still saved"

This is why Christians are the laughing stock of the world is because the majority of those claiming to be Christians adhere to the false doctrines of OSAS where they go around saying we should not sin... and then they live in sin themselves and claim it's all good... "I'm still saved" which is hypocrisy.

More people would be coming to the Lord if it were's for the hypocricy of the OSAS peoples! It's pathetic!

Your boy Gnarly Charlie was living in sin! Telling people they can live in sin and still be saved... is in and of itself... living in sin!

friend of

Sep 22, 2018
B.C.
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Well I mean, I guess you're the authority here, yes?

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well I mean, I guess you're the authority here, yes?

God's Word is the authority because it's what God has to say on the matter.

Gnarly Charlie teaches a different jesus and a different gospel... so he's a false teacher that not only should be avoided, but others should be warned about him in hope they won't be deceived by the false gospel he espouses!

We in the end times now and we shouldn't be playing games with God's Word!