Has Jesus come in the spirit?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I discovered in the word recently that the adoption is the redemption of the body (Romans 8:23); and that the adoption had happened in past tense for the Galatian believers (Galatians 4:5-7).

This would indicate that our body being fashioned like unto His glorious body does not necessarily mean being converted to spirit form.

Not converted to spirit form, but not this flesh either. I'm not sure how Scott would describe the corporeoality (?) of the resurrection man, but we will, I believe, touch and be touched, we will experience our existence with actually more reality than we do now.

The verses you mentioned speak of our adoption of sons, and our adoption the redemption of our bodies. So I see this as another now and later thing, like everything with our bodies. Our spiritual recreation is now, our physical recreation is then.

Where Scott got my attention was when I went back and looked at 1 Corinthians 15, and God plainly teaches that what makes up people in this world, and what makes up people in the heavenly realm are two different things, unless I'm still not reading it fully.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, the scriptures teach us that He has come in the flesh, and that He has and does enter into those who are alive and remain in the flesh (His body), but they do not teach us that He sits at the right hand of the Father in heaven in the flesh as you seem to believe.

Would you like to discuss a particular scripture passage?
Yes, what did Steven see when he was being stoned to death?

Much love!

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus is going to drink His own blood?
Yeah, and we reenter our mother's womb too!

No!

Obviously you are not getting any of this, and the words are just words to you and not spirit. That is what you get when you take the approach you have.

Keep praying and reading. Ask the Lord to reveal to you the things unseen.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Whats the end?
The end of the created image world, where God has made manifest the things that occurred before its foundation as a mock image and revelation of what is true on high.

Reactions: marks

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What people seem 2 not understand is we have two bodies ,Christ took on flesh just like we do,difference is He did it PERFECTLY,

He like us was in His spiritual body before He took on flesh....We were never meant to be in flesh bodies.Really wish people could see and understand that!!!!!
Mormonism.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not converted to spirit form, but not this flesh either. I'm not sure how Scott would describe the corporeoality (?) of the resurrection man, but we will, I believe, touch and be touched, we will experience our existence with actually more reality than we do now.

The verses you mentioned speak of our adoption of sons, and our adoption the redemption of our bodies. So I see this as another now and later thing, like everything with our bodies. Our spiritual recreation is now, our physical recreation is then.

Where Scott got my attention was when I went back and looked at 1 Corinthians 15, and God plainly teaches that what makes up people in this world, and what makes up people in the heavenly realm are two different things, unless I'm still not reading it fully.

Much love!
What do you make of the fact that the redemption of the body has already happened for some of us?

The adoption is past tense for the Galatian believers (Galatians 4:5-7); and yet, the adoption is defined in Romans 8:23, as the redemption of the body. So then, some of those who are alive on the earth have the redemption of the body.

Consider:

1Th 5:23, And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Heb 9:13, For if the blood of bulls and of goats, and the ashes of an heifer sprinkling the unclean, sanctifieth to the purifying of the flesh:
Heb 9:14, How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?

Eph 5:30, For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones.
Eph 5:31, For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh.
Eph 5:32, This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the church.

1Jo 3:5, And ye know that he was manifested to take away our sins; and in him is no sin.

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You shouldn't lump the evangelicals all together any more than non-Catholics should lump all Catholics together. There are some serving God on both sides of the line that men have drawn. God does not look to see which side of such a line you are on... but rather at your heart without regard to how men may have designated you.

This I am not sure on.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This I am not sure on.
"Every way of a man is right in his own eyes: but the LORD pondereth the hearts." Prov 21:2

Our problem always is who is our Director?

"O LORD, I know that the way of man is not in himself: it is not in man that walketh to direct his steps." Jerem 10:23

Our Director should always be God, but then again, He does use men to direct. As long as they following Jesus, we are OK with following them:

"And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;
For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:" Eph 4:11-12

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi JBF,

What exactly is the redemption of our bodies, do you think?

Much love!
That's a good question.

I believe that it is the entire sanctification of the body/flesh.

It would not be a renovation of the flesh but a putting to death of everything that is flesh in the Christian's life; and the resurrection of it in new form.

In Romans 8:10-11 it tells us that we literally die when we come to faith in Christ but that the Spirit quickens our mortal bodies. In dying to flesh, we die to sin; and are raised with Christ into newness of life: who we are after dying and being raised is different from who we were before we died and were raised. We become new creatures in Christ (2 Corinthians 5:17) (just sowing bountifully here).

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga
Mormonism.

Not a Mormon so,whatever.

Jeremiah 1:5 "Before I formed thee in the belly I know thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations."

The above is NOT because God knows everything,if you think so keep doing you,but don't tell me what I am!!!!!

Reactions: Jane_Doe22

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Every way of a man is right in his own eyes: but the LORD pondereth the hearts." Prov 21:2

Our problem always is who is our Director?

"O LORD, I know that the way of man is not in himself: it is not in man that walketh to direct his steps." Jerem 10:23

Our Director should always be God, but then again, He does use men to direct. As long as they following Jesus, we are OK with following them:

"And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;
For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:" Eph 4:11-12

Still not sure about evangelicals but I must say that I know where God is not where God is not

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Still not sure about evangelicals but I must say that I know where God is not where God is not
My friend I have lived for 75 years meeting lots of people in many places [churches]. I am certain there have been at least a few who really had hearts turned toward God in nearly all of them. Also of course there have likely been at least a few in nearly all of them who really did not know God at all. My assessment of them could be wrong, but as long as I keep my opinion to myself, I don't believe God is going to rap my knuckles too hard for it as long as I keep seeking His face and keep Him and His kingdom first in my heart.

You use the word "evangelicals" but I really don't know what you mean by it. Is it only one particular sect you are uncertain about or is that a general catch-all term you use?

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not a Mormon so,whatever.

Jeremiah 1:5 "Before I formed thee in the belly I know thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations."

The above is NOT because God knows everything,if you think so keep doing you,but don't tell me what I am!!!!!
It is because He is outside of time, Isaiah 57:15.

You certainly have a right to disbelieve the scriptures, I am not absolving you of that right.

But if you think that we have pre-existing souls, then just know that that is primarily a doctrine of Mormonism; whether you claim to be a Mormon or not.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just can't help yourself, misquoting scripture and making accusations. Your time is short.

Jhn 13:34, A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.
Jhn 13:35, By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jhn 13:34, A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.
Jhn 13:35, By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.
Care to explain why you quote these verses after your many posts of hostility here?

Reactions: Jane_Doe22