Has Jesus come in the spirit?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If that were true, then you'd be completely fine to listen to the facts of what I actually believe (not that "anti-cult" junk).
I believe that I can find the doctrines of mormonism in mormon documents. I don't necessarily have to get it from you. I do have a link to the book of mormon on my computer. Not much interested in going further since I found out that the holy spirit of mormonism tells people to chop off people's heads. This is not what I received from ant-cult materials, but from reading the book of mormon, specifically its first five chapters (in 1 Nephi). What a turn-off! Not much chance I want the Lord of my heart telling me to go and murder someone. Therefore the Jesus of the Bible is the Lord of my heart. You think I want the Jesus of mormonism after learning that? Not a chance!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
People are quite mistaken to think that love always expresses itself in warm fuzzies.

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't necessarily have to get it from you.
IF you want the facts of what I believe, you do got to go through me.
Not much chance I want the Lord of my heart telling me to go and murder someone. Therefore the Jesus of the Bible is the Lord of my heart. You think I want the Jesus of mormonism after learning that? Not a chance!
You mean the "God of the Bible" that ordered genocide of innocent children, women, and men? Or the one that went around killing sons of Egyptian in mass? Or the one that wiped out an entire world during the Flood? Old Testament were rough times.
Or shall we cite one of the many other verses you've been using to advocating attacking and abusing of other people all today?

I'm sorry, but this argument nothing by blatant hypocrisy and rotten fruit. Please come back when you're not fearing for your own self, wiling to face the facts without hypocrisy, and willing to use consistent arguments.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You mean the "God of the Bible" that ordered genocide of innocent children, women, and men? Or the one that went around killing sons of Egyptian in mass? Or the one that wiped out an entire world during the Flood? Old Testament were rough times.
Or shall we cite one of the many other verses you've been using to advocating attacking and abusing of other people all today?

I'm sorry, but this argument nothing by blatant hypocrisy and rotten fruit. Please come back when you're not fearing for your own self, wiling to face the facts without hypocrisy, and willing to use consistent arguments.

Will the God of the Bible, because I have received Him as a Spirit, tell me to chop off someone's head as the Spirit who dwells within me?

If the god of mormonism is the same god/God as the God of the Bible, then he is truly schizophrenic. On the one hand, he tells people outwardly, "Thou shalt not kill:" but when they receive him as a spirit, he tells them to kill.

Do you not see that the god of mormomism and the God of the Bible are not the same?

You also blaspheme the God of the Bible. Have you never read,

Jde 1:14, And Enoch also, the seventh from Adam, prophesied of these, saying, Behold, the Lord cometh with ten thousands of his saints,
Jde 1:15, To execute judgment upon all, and to convince all that are ungodly among them of all their ungodly deeds which they have ungodly committed, and of all their hard speeches which ungodly sinners have spoken against him.

?

And your doctrine is, in my opinion, a form of insanity; even psychopathy. You can now justify murder; saying that God told you to do it.

Last edited:

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You mean the "God of the Bible" that ordered genocide of innocent children, women, and men?
God is the only One who can do this; because He knows the end from the beginning, and the outcome of every scenario; and also has our best interests in mind; and He also has in mind the situation that will make for the best eternity possible for all involved. Because God is love, and is also Omniscient, He can make the decision as to whether it is right or not for this to happen.

Also, it should be clear that these women, children, and men were by no means innocent:

Psa 58:3, The wicked are estranged from the womb: they go astray as soon as they be born, speaking lies.

Psa 51:5, Behold, I was shapen in iniquity; and in sin did my mother conceive me.

Mat 7:11, If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your Father which is in heaven give good things to them that ask him?

Luk 11:13, If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children: how much more shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask him?

Rom 3:10, As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:
Rom 3:11, There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God.
Rom 3:12, They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one.
Rom 3:13, Their throat is an open sepulchre; with their tongues they have used deceit; the poison of asps is under their lips:
Rom 3:14, Whose mouth is full of cursing and bitterness:
Rom 3:15, Their feet are swift to shed blood:
Rom 3:16, Destruction and misery are in their ways:
Rom 3:17, And the way of peace have they not known:
Rom 3:18, There is no fear of God before their eyes.

Rom 3:23, For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

Jhn 2:24, But Jesus did not commit himself unto them, because he knew all men,
Jhn 2:25, And needed not that any should testify of man: for he knew what was in man.

And I also believe that there is a difference between God telling a king to wipe out a nation that is the enemy of his nation, as opposed to, the god of mormonism, by his spirit, telling a singular person to kill someone.

If this is God, then the basic psychopath/murderer in today's world who testifies that God told him to do it, is justified; because it is probably true that the Lord actually told him to do it.

Moreover, the Lord would be the one responsible for that atrocity of murder.

But my Bible tells me that the Lord is love; and that those who have His Spirit walk according to love (Romans 5:5).

This means attempting to save life rather than seeking to destroy it (see Mark 3:4-6).

Last edited:

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
IF you want the facts of what I believe, you do got to go through me.
Preach it...lay all your beliefs on the table. If they are different than what we find in the book of mormon, then are you a true mormon?

You claim to be...but if you are, then I can discern what your beliefs are by studying the doctrines of mormonism.

Do I really want to do that anymore. You are right in saying that I fear...I fear the ingesting of garbage, and that is a healthy thing (I repeat this because in my own life I am dealing with a medicine that is made of synthetic materials and povidone-iodine); because the ingesting of garbage will cause sickness and eventually even death.

Reading the first five chapters of your "holy" book, along with your defense of it, already has me questioning the goodness of God in my mind. (And @Waiting on him calls me "sprout") And if that is the fruit of the book of mormon, I want nothing more to do with it.

Last edited:

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If your beliefs can stand the test of scrutiny, then you can declare them publicly and there will be no backlash from good moral agents.

2Co 4:2, But have renounced the hidden things of dishonesty, not walking in craftiness, nor handling the word of God deceitfully; but by manifestation of the truth commending ourselves to every man's conscience in the sight of God.

To @Jane_Doe22.

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Will the God of the Bible, because I have received Him as a Spirit, tell me to chop off someone's head as the Spirit who dwells within me?

If the god of mormonism is the same god/God as the God of the Bible, then he is truly schizophrenic. On the one hand, he tells people outwardly, "Thou shalt not kill:" but when they receive him as a spirit, he tells them to kill.

Do you not see that the god of mormomism and the God of the Bible are not the same?

You also blaspheme the God of the Bible. Have you never read,

Jde 1:14, And Enoch also, the seventh from Adam, prophesied of these, saying, Behold, the Lord cometh with ten thousands of his saints,
Jde 1:15, To execute judgment upon all, and to convince all that are ungodly among them of all their ungodly deeds which they have ungodly committed, and of all their hard speeches which ungodly sinners have spoken against him.

?

And your doctrine is, in my opinion, a form of insanity; even psychopathy. You can now justify murder; saying that God told you to do it.
Preach it...lay all your beliefs on the table. If they are different than what we find in the book of mormon, then are you a true mormon?

You claim to be...but if you are, then I can discern what your beliefs are by studying the doctrines of mormonism.

Do I really want to do that anymore. You are right in saying that I fear...I fear the ingesting of garbage, and that is a healthy thing (I repeat this because in my own life I am dealing with a medicine that is made of synthetic materials and povidone-iodine); because the ingesting of garbage will cause sickness and eventually even death.

Reading the first five chapters of your "holy" book, along with your defense of it, already has me questioning the goodness of God in my mind. And if that is the fruit of the book of mormon, I want nothing more to do with it.
These posts aren't even duel-standard, they're like seven different standards are you do all these mental gymnastics.

Reading the first five chapters of your "holy" book, along with your defense of it, already has me questioning the goodness of God in my mind. And if that is the fruit of the book of mormon, I want nothing more to do with it.
Yes, you fear. You fear for your own salvation. That's why you bully everyone else here, why the abuse, why the mental gymnastics, why the fleeing from facts, why all the rotten behavior.

But you need not fear. We have a Savior Jesus Christ. You say that you love Him and have accepted Him- and I hear your voice there. But come closer to Him and be embraced more by Him: do not fear anymore, but feel His love and let if fill you.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, I fear that if I receive the god of mormonism, that he will require me to become a "justified" killer like Nephi.

His spirit might tell me to do the same as Nephi.

But the God that I serve is righteous and moral and upright and loving; and would never require anyone to disobey any of His commandments.

And I know you're going to say, "what about Saul whom God told to annihilate the Amalekites" and for the first time in my life I don't have an answer to defend the glory of the Lord. I once defended against these types of things with atheists; but now I see it from their perspective to a certain degree. The book of mormon accentuates the killing that God does in the Old Testament.

The book of mormon is not conducive to faith in God: it makes a person think of things in the Bible that are blasphemy of the Lord.

I am confused now to a certain degree. My faith is practically almost destroyed, the moment I got a hold of it once again. And this because of only the first five chapters of the book of mormon.

But we walk by faith, and not by sight (2 Corinthians 5:7). David encouraged himself in the Lord.

I lean back on the reality of Proverbs 3:5-6 and will trust in the LORD with all my heart and lean not on my own understanding; for because of the book of mormon I now have intellectual problems with my faith. This has never happened to me before.

I believe at this moment that it is the intention of the book of mormon to make atheists out of Christians; by accentuating the arguments of atheists in such a way as to make them seem reasonable.

Last edited:

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, I fear that if I receive the god of mormonism, that he will require me to become a "justified" killer like Nephi.

His spirit might tell me to do the same as Nephi.

But the God that I serve is righteous and moral and upright and loving; and would never require anyone to disobey any of His commandments.

And I know you're going to say, "what about Saul whom God told to annihilate the Amalekites" and for the first time in my life I don't have an answer to defend the glory of the Lord. I once defended against these types of things with atheists; but now I see it from their perspective to a certain degree. The book of mormon accentuates the killing that God does in the Old Testament. How can I serve a God who is a murderer?

The book of mormon is not conducive to faith in God: it makes a person think of things in the Bible that are blasphemy of the Lord.

I am confused now to a certain degree. My faith is practically almost destroyed, the moment I got a hold of it once again. And this because of only the first five chapters of the book of mormon.

But we walk by faith, and not by sight (2 Corinthians 5:7). David encouraged himself in the Lord.

I lean back on the reality of Proverbs 3:5-6 and will trust in the LORD with all my heart and lean not on my own understanding; for because of the book of mormon I now have intellectual problems with my faith. This has never happened to me before.

I believe at this moment that it is the intention of the book of mormon to make atheists out of Christians; by accentuating the arguments of atheists in such a way as to make them seem reasonable.
Dude: I'm taking about you coming closer to the Jesus Christ you read in the Bible. Nothing remotely LDS specific. And the complete opposite of becoming an atheist.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dude: I'm taking about you coming closer to the Jesus Christ you read in the Bible. Nothing remotely LDS specific. And the complete opposite of becoming an atheist.
If that is the case, then I don't need the book of mormon to tell me about who He is.

All the book of mormon has done for me is to harm my faith in Jesus Christ by creating intellectual problems that I cannot rectify. It has accentuated the killing that God does in the Old Testament. Who is this God?

If the God of the Old and New Testaments is the same God/god as the book of mormon, then I want nothing to do with him anymore.

This is the fruit of your religion; so keep trying to convince people of it. Maybe you can succeed at destroying the faith of many others.

But here is the thing: if I am going to keep my faith in the God of the Bible, I feel that I must fully reject the god of mormonism. But you are trying to convince me, and partially succeeding, at convincing me that these are one and the same god.

Last edited:

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I still have an iota of faith. Faith cometh by hearing; and hearing by the word of God.

I will seek the Lord today, as I have always done; and will pray about the solutions to the intellectual problems that have arisen in my mind.

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If that is the case, then I don't need the book of mormon to tell me about who He is.

All the book of mormon has done for me is to harm my faith in Jesus Christ by creating intellectual problems that I cannot rectify. It has accentuated the killing that God does in the Old Testament. Who is this god?

If the God of the Old and New Testaments is the same God as the book of mormon, then I want nothing to do with Him anymore.

This is the fruit of your religion; so keep trying to convince people of it. Maybe you can succeed at destroying the faith of many others.

But here is the thing: if I am going to keep my faith in the God of the Bible, I feel that I must fully reject the god of mormonism. But you are trying to convince me, and partially succeeding, at convincing me that these are one and the same god.

Maybe it is god's intent to bring people out of the faith at the end of their lives so that they can die; because they no longer have eternal life for that they have ceased to believe in him.
I still have an iota of faith. Faith cometh by hearing; and hearing by the word of God.

I will seek the Lord today, as I have always done; and will pray about the solutions to the intellectual problems that have arisen in my mind.
Again, I'm not remotely trying convince anyone to be an LDS Christian. I actually despise prostylzing on forums (giving or receiving).

I'm sorry that God ordering killing in Old Testament times cause you pain and you don't understand. But yes, (Numbers 21:2-3; Deuteronomy 20:17; Joshua 6:17, 21; 1 Samuel 15 are passages of scripture. Many people struggle with these things, including once me. But our lack of understanding of the Old Testament that doesn't mean we need to abandon Him, the He is evil. It means we don't understand Old Testament times.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I actually despise prostylzing on forums (giving or receiving).
You are hitting us with a soft sell. You say that you do not want to proselytize; but what are you here for then? For the justified abuse that you are going to receive from anyone and everyone that knows that Mormonism is a cult?

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Abuse is never justified- doesn't matter who is doing the abusing or who the victim is.
Jesus called the Pharisees sons of the devil and hypocrites...and according to your statement, He was not justified in this and therefore, He sinned...if indeed such statements are classified as abuse...

(If they are not, then I am not abusing you in the statement that I make in the present moment, that you are a hypocrite and a daughter of the devil...which statement is more severe than anything I have said unto you up to this point.)

...But of course such a thing is contrary to the Bible's teaching. For the Bible teaches that Jesus never sinned.

So, we either believe you or the word of God...

I will choose to believe the word of the Lord.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus called the Pharisees sons of the devil and hypocrites...and according to your statement, He was not justified in this and therefore, He sinned...if indeed such statements are classified as abuse...

(If they are not, then I am not abusing you in the statement that I make in the present moment, that you are a hypocrite and a daughter of the devil...which statement is more severe than anything I have said unto you up to this point.)

...But of course such a thing is contrary to the Bible's teaching. For the Bible teaches that Jesus never sinned.

So, we either believe you or the word of God...

I will choose to believe the word of the Lord.
More rotten fruit.