Has the church got Genesis all wrong?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

rwb

Nov 11, 2022
Branson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I say 'nobody wrote about it' and you want me to cite... what exactly? If they didn't write about it, then there's no citation to make.

Then you're arguing from silence! I believe the Bible which informs us that God spoke to Moses!

rwb

Nov 11, 2022
Branson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Where did Moses get the information to write the Creation account?​

June 30, 2018

I understand that Moses wrote Genesis, but he was not around when God created the world. So from where and whom did he get the information how God created the world in 6 days?

While the Bible itself is silent on the matter, two plausible answers have been proposed.
First, Moses' knowledge of the origins of the world could have been passed to him through a process of oral history from Adam to Moses. Due to the extremely long lifespans of early humanity, very few generations were required to pass this knowledge over thousands of years. For example, only two people are required to connect the lifespan of Adam to Abraham:

Adam —> Lamech —> Shem —> Abraham

Since Adam had first-hand knowledge of much of Creation (and the rest could have been communicated to Him by God), then it’s plausible that the story was repeated and passed down through these few generations. To move the account from Abraham to Moses would require only four more generations. Therefore, an oral history of the world could have been passed down from Adam to Moses through Noah’s family.

A second answer comes from the writings of the first century Jewish historian, Josephus. He claims that Methuselah was an ancient historian of his day, who recorded the history of the world (as told by Adam) on stone obelisks. These obelisks were carried by Noah onto the ark, and after the ark came to rest, Noah deposited the stone tablets in Arabia.
Later during the desert wanderings, Moses was directed by God to discover these obelisks, where he learned the history of the world and repeated it in the Jewish scripture. The obelisk was written in Hebrew (which was the first language of mankind), so only a Jewish man like Moses could have deciphered it.

While we have no proof of either scenario, we do see the result found in scripture. Self-evidently, the Lord found a means for transferring the knowledge of origins to Moses, and as a matter of faith, we believe in the testimony of the Bible. Furthermore, the content of Genesis validates itself, being consistent with the rest of scripture.

Wick Stick

Sep 21, 2023
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then you're arguing from silence! I believe the Bible which informs us that God spoke to Moses!
Did you actually read what I wrote? Yes - Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, and Deuteronomy ALL inform us when God speaks to Moses, or delivers a message through him. Why doesn't Genesis? Nobody tries to answer that question, and its obvious why.

• Love
Reactions: St. SteVen

Pavel Mosko

Dec 19, 2021
Boyertown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The church views Genesis as a single, literal, historical, chronological, mostly first-hand account stretching from the beginning of the universe to the beginning of the nation of Israel.
I have started covering Genesis on Facebook that I use as a Blog. Anyway, I am slowly covering it and I am dealing with what you are talking about in the opening line from my past experience and education taking Hebrew and getting little talks from the professor at the start of each lesson, as well as other education and life experiences. But in recent times I have watched a lot of Michael Heiser videos talking about the near Eastern cultural background of Genesis.

Wick Stick

Sep 21, 2023
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have started covering Genesis on Facebook that I use as a Blog. Anyway, I am slowly covering it and I am dealing with what you are talking about in the opening line from my past experience and education taking Hebrew and getting little talks from the professor at the start of each lesson, as well as other education and life experiences. But in recent times I have watched a lot of Michael Heiser videos talking about the near Eastern cultural background of Genesis.
The video is very funny, and he isn't wrong.

All that you need to know about Biblical Chronology is... that it isn't chronological.

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I loved Heiser. Gone too soon.

Reactions: The Learner

strepho

Jan 31, 2023
Meriden
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Most churches teach tradition of men and false doctrine and fairytales.

I'm not knocking churches down either. But some churches lie to people.

There is no apple orchard in genesis chapter 3 . Adam and eve covered themselves with fig leaves.

The serpent is satan. He beguiled eve in garden of eden. It was sexual intercourse. Adam then knew his wife eve.

Eve had twins. Two different fathers.
Cain is seed of the devil.
Able seed of Adam.
The kenites are offspring of Cain. These are children of the Devil.

John chapter 8:44. Jesus exposed the kenites. They were religious leaders and scribes.
Kenites infiltrated the priesthood. The kenites brought heathen traditions and customs into churches.

Amos chapter 4:4/ 4:5 . Bethel is house of God. But traditions of men and false doctrine are taught. They sin. Get the picture. Gilgal means idols.

Amos chapter 6:14. Nation is raised up against Israel. Who ??. Hemath !!. These are the kenites. The children of the devil.

1 chronicles chapter 2:55. The kenites came from Hemath, the father of the house of Rechab.

The kenites operate from banking and finance to religion and politics.

Hemath was north of ancient Israel. Lebanon. Jezebel was kenite. She married king ahab. She brought heathen traditions to Israel. Ashtoreth was main god or idol worship of the kenites.

Amos chapter 5:26. CHIUN, your idols. This is planet Saturn. Its devil worship.

Acts chapter 7 . Deacon Stephen made the connection. The kenites and our ancestors, moses time, worshipped Saturn, which is devil worship.
There's a connection between Amos 5:26 and acts chapter 7.

Ezekiel chapter 27 is about the kenites. They are merchant's.
Tyre is both Lucifer and kenites. The kenites are children of devil.
The kenites operate from religion, politics, economics and trade and banking.

Kenites operate in behind closed doors. They influence politicians and United nations.
Revelation chapter 13. We're in one world political system. It receives deadly wound near future. At the 6th trump, satan as antichrist comes to Jerusalem. Now it's one world religious system. Kenites are preparing way for their father the devil.
Do you understand.

I won't sugar coat Gods word.

Wick Stick

Sep 21, 2023
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Most churches teach tradition of men and false doctrine and fairytales.

I'm not knocking churches down either. But some churches lie to people.

There is no apple orchard in genesis chapter 3 . Adam and eve covered themselves with fig leaves.

The serpent is satan. He beguiled eve in garden of eden. It was sexual intercourse. Adam then knew his wife eve.

Cain is seed of the devil.
Able seed of Adam.
The kenites are offspring of Cain. These are children of the Devil.

John chapter 8:44. Jesus exposed the kenites. They were religious leaders and scribes.
Kenites infiltrated the priesthood. The kenites brought heathen traditions and customs into churches.

Amos chapter 4:4/ 4:5 . Bethel is house of God. But traditions of men and false doctrine are taught. They sin. Get the picture. Gilgal means idols.

Amos chapter 6:14. Nation is raised up against Israel. Who ??. Hemath !!. These are the kenites. The children of the devil.

1 chronicles chapter 2:55. The kenites came from Hemath, the father of the house of Rechab.

The kenites operate from banking and finance to religion and politics.

Hemath was north of ancient Israel. Lebanon. Jezebel was kenite. She married king ahab. She brought heathen traditions to Israel. Ashtoreth was main god or idol worship of the kenites.

Amos chapter 5:26. CHIUN, your idols. This is planet Saturn. Its devil worship.

Acts chapter 7 . Deacon Stephen made the connection. The kenites and our ancestors, moses time, worshipped Saturn, which is devil worship.
There's a connection between Amos 5:26 and acts chapter 7.

Ezekiel chapter 27 is about the kenites. They are merchant's.
Tyre is both Lucifer and kenites. The kenites are children of devil.
The kenites operate from religion, politics, economics and trade and banking.

Kenites operate in behind closed doors. They influence politicians and United nations.
Revelation chapter 13. We're in one world political system. It receives deadly wound near future. At the 6th trump, satan as antichrist comes to Jerusalem. Now it's one world religious system. Kenites are preparing way for their father the devil.
Do you understand.

I won't sugar coat Gods word.
You are waaaaay off. Someone is teaching you that serpent-seed crap.

Reactions: Mr E

strepho

Jan 31, 2023
Meriden
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are waaaaay off. Someone is teaching you that serpent-seed crap.
I told the truth. You reject God's truth. Those who reject the truth are following satan.

False brethren serve satan. Narcissist have the same mentality as satan.

Titus chapter 3 warns us of heretics. Who are subverted and self condemned.

Studying understand apostates who teach tradition of men and false doctrine. These Christian people are biblically illiterate and brainwashed.

NAGA in Hebrew means = to touch. Genesis chapter 3 and Corinthians chapter 11 for cross reference.

Beguiled is holy seduced. Satan goes by many names. Read revelation chapter 12 for list of Lucifer names.

Lucifer had sexual intercourse with eve. Adam next had intercourse with eve. Thier was physical contact.

2 Corinthians 4:4. The god of this age has blinded the minds of unbelievers so they that they cannot see the light of the gospel that displays the glory of christ, who is image of God .
This applys to you . Your in Bondage to prince of darkness. Because you reject the truth and refuse to repent.

Ezekiel chapter 13 . False brethren are not written in records of Israel. False brethren go with satan into the pit, until judgement day. Satan is already judged.

Those who sugar coat Gods word or with hold truth. Will have real bad day on judgement day. Jesus is the judge.

I won't reply back. I have this marked as Heretic.

• Haha
Reactions: Mr E

Wick Stick

Sep 21, 2023
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I won't reply back. I have this marked as Heretic.
From Wikipedia (emphasis added):

The doctrine of the serpent seed, also known as the dual-seed or the two-seedline doctrine, is a controversial and fringe Christian religious belief which explains the biblical account of the fall of man by stating that the Serpent mated with Eve in the Garden of Eden, and the offspring of their union was Cain. This event resulted in the creation of two races of people: the wicked descendants of the Serpent who were destined for damnation, and the righteous descendants of Adam who were destined to have eternal life. The doctrine frames human history as a conflict between these two races in which the descendants of Adam will eventually triumph over the descendants of the Serpent.

Irenaeus (c. 180), an Early Church Father, condemned the notion of original sin as adultery between Eve and the serpent in his book Against Heresies as a 'Gnostic' heresy (possibly espoused by Valentinus (100–160) and the Gospel of Philip (c. 350). It also appeared in mediaeval Jewish literature, including the Targum Pseudo-Jonathan.

During the 19th century, the serpent seed doctrine was revived by American religious leaders who wanted to promote white supremacy. The modern versions of the serpent seed doctrine were developed within the teachings of British Israelism by C. A. L. Totten (1851–1908) and Russel Kelso Carter (1849–1928). Daniel Parker (1781–1844) was also responsible for reviving and promoting the doctrine among Primitive Baptists.[2] Teachers of Christian Identity Theology, which branched off from British Israelism, preached the doctrine during the early twentieth century and promoted it within the Ku Klux Klan, Aryan Nations, the American Nazi Party and other white supremacist organizations. The belief's adherents commonly use it to justify antisemitism and racism by claiming that Jews or members of non-white races are the descendants of Cain and the Serpent, who they variably interpret to be Satan or an intelligent non-human creature which lived before Adam and Eve.