Has The Falling Away Of The Church Happened?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Nah, what ever Jesus does He will do, If im here because He needs me here so be it, He said be ready,

Luk_3:7 Then said he to the multitude that came forth to be baptized of him, O generation of vipers, who hath warned you to flee from the wrath to come?

seems everyone is trying to flee
ah, your "for sure" was TIC then, lol, harder to get that in print. But i was floored myself lol

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
i think the falling away started way back when the church started persecuting people. neither Jesus nor the 12 ever did this, and i dont remember Israel ever doing this either. Jesus gave instructions if they refuse to listen move on to the next town.
nice! Note the instruction is not "move on to the next church/congregation."
"Eat what they feed you" also...changes the perspective of the Wanderer, who might suppose they are the ones doing the "feeding."

Reactions: jaybird

jaybird

Feb 29, 2016
nice! Note the instruction is not "move on to the next church/congregation."
"Eat what they feed you" also...changes the perspective of the Wanderer, who might suppose they are the ones doing the "feeding."

i think a lot on these things, how many have been driven away from the faith on account of corrupt church leaders that use the church not to spread the good news but use it as a tool to manipulate good people.
my dads family is native american, many of them didnt think to much of Christianity, they had first hand accounts of what was done to them, much was justified on the fact that natives were not Christian. i think the church called it the doctrine of discovery. funny thing is that many of the natve people were walking the walk of Jesus, communal living, the land didnt belong to anyone, materialism was non existent and no money, no banks.
The Indian must be imbued with the exalting egotism that is American civilization so that he will say "I" instead of "We", & "This is mine" instead of "This is ours."
-John Oberly U.S. Cmsr. Indian Affairs

Reactions: bbyrd009

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
i think a lot on these things, how many have been driven away from the faith on account of corrupt church leaders that use the church not to spread the good news but use it as a tool to manipulate good people.
my dads family is native american, many of them didnt think to much of Christianity, they had first hand accounts of what was done to them, much was justified on the fact that natives were not Christian. i think the church called it the doctrine of discovery. funny thing is that many of the natve people were walking the walk of Jesus, communal living, the land didnt belong to anyone, materialism was non existent and no money, no banks.
The Indian must be imbued with the exalting egotism that is American civilization so that he will say "I" instead of "We", & "This is mine" instead of "This is ours."
-John Oberly U.S. Cmsr. Indian Affairs
ha, what a Shining Light he is, huh?
Be easy to blame him, but he was chosen by other americans, ergo he was manifesting the will of the people, right
it would be like...blaming Hitler for the extermination of Jews, i guess

i was struck by the Forgiveness Ceremony at Standing Rock, myself.
We have no analogue of this, not even in our "churches," by and large.

Reactions: jaybird

jaybird

Feb 29, 2016
ha, what a Shining Light he is, huh?
Be easy to blame him, but he was chosen by other americans, ergo he was manifesting the will of the people, right
it would be like...blaming Hitler for the extermination of Jews, i guess

i was struck by the Forgiveness Ceremony at Standing Rock, myself.
We have no analogue of this, not even in our "churches," by and large.

Hitler and his inner circle were into some pretty dark stuff. i never liked how the history books painted them as just a bunch of crazy people. they were not crazy, they knew exactly whqat they were doing. and that belief system wasnt pulled out of thin air, its been around a long time, and still around today.
N and south dakota been in the news a lot lately with all that pipeline and fracking work. i read about some of it. i agree with them on the fracking, it destroys water tables for hundreds of years.
you ever read the history of Hawaii, the missionaries came in the 18/19th century, today the natives are poor as dirt and own nothing, the descendants of those missionaries are rich and own everything.

Reactions: bbyrd009

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Hitler and his inner circle were into some pretty dark stuff. i never liked how the history books painted them as just a bunch of crazy people. they were not crazy, they knew exactly whqat they were doing. and that belief system wasnt pulled out of thin air, its been around a long time, and still around today.
N and south dakota been in the news a lot lately with all that pipeline and fracking work. i read about some of it. i agree with them on the fracking, it destroys water tables for hundreds of years.
you ever read the history of Hawaii, the missionaries came in the 18/19th century, today the natives are poor as dirt and own nothing, the descendants of those missionaries are rich and own everything.
yes. And this MO is repeated over and over by US, i guess. PR, Iraq, Afghanistan now, on and on.
With most "Christians'" apparent blessing

Reactions: amadeus

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ScottA said:
The great "falling away" that Paul spoke of refers to the fall of all mankind.[/Quote\]

I disagree. The scripture at Acts 20:29,30 the Apostle Paul wasn't speaking of the falling away of all mankind.

Reactions: teamventure

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes I believe the apostasy of the church and the falling away has happened and this is very important !! because it is the end of the line! of the age of grace!!And as he sat upon the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto him privately, saying, Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world? Jesus gives them many things from wars and love wax cold to like in Noahs days but He said the end is not yet for the age of grace to end {THE CHURCH AGE} but then he said some thing very intro that when it will end!!>>Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;
Can you follow the dots?? And I believe the falling away of the church has happened and the true remnant church {The Bride Of Christ} is about to leave!
Considering the absolute MESS "Christian" churches are in, I would say it has indeed happened.

Billy Evmur

Dec 30, 2020
London
facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I just luv people that say I should respond MMMMM >> I put this out>> for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, O but people want to talk about this and that and that and this and o by the way I'm going to talk about paul said this and has nothing too with that! Has the church fallen away >> well the treading gets better and better to me I am right!
But you must pardon, Paul does not say falling away of the church
The falling away or apostacy or rebellion is explained further "and the Man of sin [or rebellion] be revealed who sets himself against everything god so called."

This is the last final attempt to stamp out all religion especially [we know] our religion. It is the world and it's ruler the Antichrist.

It is the great tribulation.