Has The Falling Away Of The Church Happened?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The good Samaritan was acting as a good "neighbor"...which all people should do. But in terms of salvation, escaping the finite world, one must believe in God, that He can save...and then He will. But it is not me, but God who knows the heart of all people, whether they do good before God, or merely before men. This is the mark of those who are of God, and those who are not. Nonetheless, life in the world is a gift to all, wherein we should be good to one another.
Amen

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
yet the Good Samaritan would completely reject your preaching here; does this mean he is lost?
Well, he may or may not. But "lost" refers only to those whom were once in God. Among those in the world, there are the lost, the rebellion, and those created after their kind but not in God. All have received the gift of life in the world...but only those whom God has chosen receive the gift of eternal life.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Well, he may or may not.
imo that is not a very impartial observation; there was a priest "on the other side of the road."
But "lost" refers only to those whom were once in God. Among those in the world, there are the lost, the rebellion, and those created after their kind but not in God. All have received the gift of life in the world...but only those whom God has chosen receive the gift of eternal life.
seems to me what you have done here is adroitly avoid the question, not give any relevant answer. And Whosoever will may come seems to define the chosen, if not what they must come to, exactly. But a point here is that the Priest is characterized as being "unchosen," despite the fact that nothing you could say to him would make him believe that, right.

blessedhope

Aug 9, 2015
MMMMM> another garbage thinking >>>but only those whom God has chosen receive the gift of eternal life.>>>but only those whom God has chosen<<>>> What The H$ll is that about??

Reactions: bbyrd009

blessedhope

Aug 9, 2015
Just blows my mind people can ramble on this forum saying things like that and no one says anything??>MMM may be they all think like that is what I'm thinken!

blessedhope

Aug 9, 2015
The more I read the more Yes The Church has fallen away and there will be no real understanding what the Bible really says!! people spew garbage like that and do not really understand what they said!!

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
imo that is not a very impartial observation; there was a priest "on the other side of the road."

seems to me what you have done here is adroitly avoid the question, not give any relevant answer. And Whosoever will may come seems to define the chosen, if not what they must come to, exactly. But a point here is that the Priest is characterized as being "unchosen," despite the fact that nothing you could say to him would make him believe that, right.
Sorry if I have done a poor job of explaining.

Perhaps this: "For he is not a Jew who is one outwardly, nor is circumcision that which is outward in the flesh;"

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just blows my mind people can ramble on this forum saying things like that and no one says anything??>MMM may be they all think like that is what I'm thinken!
Speaking of rambling... It is hard to understand you. It would help if you would work on your communication and language skills.

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
MMMMM> another garbage thinking >>>but only those whom God has chosen receive the gift of eternal life.>>>but only those whom God has chosen<<>>> What The H$ll is that about??
ya, goes right along with the Vengeful God of the OT, or the Capricious God that believers currently acknowledge in Job, or for that matter the doctrine of Original Sin (at least to my mind, pls ignore this last one if it doesn't suit you).

God is love, but He will send you to hell if you don't pick the right religion, i guess.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
"For he is not a Jew who is one outwardly, nor is circumcision that which is outward in the flesh;"
this reinforces a rather...startling, or ridiculous--not sure which yet--assertion that i made yesterday, that we should take "There are no Jew or Gentile in the kingdom" a lot more literally, lol. Iow if someone IDs as "Jew" or "Baptist" or iow any kind of religion, one may safely assume that they are still lost, at least in some perspective.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Speaking of rambling... It is hard to understand you. It would help if you would work on your communication and language skills.
i've learned to leave stuff like that for those to whom it was written for, and i just accept that that will not always be me now. i understood him perfectly, fwiw. Speaking in tongues is a lot about hearing too, imo.

And while this might be misunderstood, and possibly taken to mean "that is just too deep for you right now" or whatever, i do not mean that either. More like a naive heart not needing to explore the working of the law, something like that. Just doesn't apply to that person's walk, iow, for whatever reason.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
this reinforces a rather...startling, or ridiculous--not sure which yet--assertion that i made yesterday, that we should take "There are no Jew or Gentile in the kingdom" a lot more literally, lol. Iow if someone IDs as "Jew" or "Baptist" or iow any kind of religion, one may safely assume that they are still lost, at least in some perspective.
Or just a nose or an eye, opposed to a hand or a foot. :)

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i've learned to leave stuff like that for those to whom it was written for, and i just accept that that will not always be me now. i understood him perfectly, fwiw. Speaking in tongues is a lot about hearing too, imo.

And while this might be misunderstood, and possibly taken to mean "that is just too deep for you right now" or whatever, i do not mean that either. More like a naive heart not needing to explore the working of the law, something like that. Just doesn't apply to that person's walk, iow, for whatever reason.
Paul made the problem of speaking in tongues without an interpreter pretty clear. Either way, we either communicate or we don't. But on a forum, some common ground is helpful. The worst is criticism without proper communication. It's inconsiderate.

Last edited:

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Interesting...all these years and I never knew that you were a rapturist. :)
But, that is digressing from the thread a bit.
Nah, what ever Jesus does He will do, If im here because He needs me here so be it, He said be ready,

Luk_3:7 Then said he to the multitude that came forth to be baptized of him, O generation of vipers, who hath warned you to flee from the wrath to come?

seems everyone is trying to flee

jaybird

Feb 29, 2016
i think the falling away started way back when the church started persecuting people. neither Jesus nor the 12 ever did this, and i dont remember Israel ever doing this either. Jesus gave instructions if they refuse to listen move on to the next town.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
The worst is criticism without proper communication. It's inconsiderate.
but they are those that need help the most, see. If they are not banned is the only way that they might be convicted, via multiple forgiving witnesses, assuming any can be manifest then. This site seems to me to strike a good balance, even if i don't always agree with their decisions. I certainly would have banned me by now prolly, lol. For whatever reason, Catholics are really good at reconciliation, "overlooking a matter." I see similarities in the way the Anabaptists "correct in silence," which is also powerful.

Reactions: ScottA